Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,077 members, 7,818,223 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:41 AM

Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? (23853 Views)

My Married Sister Wants to be a liability to us / Is It Wrong To Cook In My Married Brother's House? / Living With My Married Elder Sister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by YoungDaNaval(m): 5:02am On Aug 24, 2023
Exodus15v11:
Since her husband is a Lawyer, then he should know that the name of the legal owner of the vehicle should be on the documents. That said, since he's a good man and has been "instrumental" (I'm assuming you mean he has helped you in some kinda way) to you and your family, why not involve him in the process of you surprising your sister with the car? You would still be the one presenting the car to her, as you're the one who bought it for her and the one surprising her with it, but you should take him along. Just tell him not to tell your sister beforehand but as a mature man, once you tell him it's a "surprise", he should know not to do that.

About him feeling some kind of way,
I'm assuming he has a car of his own, so there's no reason he should feel somwhow or envious about your sister having her own car. Even if he doesn't have his own, that's the more reason he should be happy about the car. Any grown and mature man/husband would have no problem with this at all.
He do not have a car yet
Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by Nice2023(m): 6:14am On Aug 24, 2023
YoungDaNaval:
Greetings naira Landers, my only sister is happily married to a lawyer and this guy have been instrumental to me and my family since he got married to my sister. Now I intend getting a car for my sis because her office is a little bit far from their home, the problem now is I don't know how her husband will feel if I use my sister's name for the car papers. Now I'm contemplating between using only her name or including her husband's name to the document which made me to bring the question here. Please married couples in the house,I need your sincere advice.

Note: I don't want to discuss this with my sis and her husband because I want the car to be a surprise

Put ur sisters name oh.

Don't bring emotion to issues like this. E get why.

5 Likes

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by Nobody: 11:51am On Aug 24, 2023
YoungDaNaval:
He do not have a car yet
Okay, still put your sister's name on the documents.

2 Likes

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by Dyfynezz12(m): 1:46pm On Aug 24, 2023
Put your sisters husband name on dy car papers nd watch ur sister secretly beef u 4 life.
It's like u don't know women

4 Likes

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by DenreleDave(m): 7:36pm On Aug 24, 2023
YoungDaNaval:
Noted

My person. When you go dash me car ńa?

On the issue, put your name on it...

Don't put the husband name on it..

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by YoungDaNaval(m): 8:01pm On Aug 24, 2023
DenreleDave:

My person. When you go dash me car ńa?

On the issue, put your name on it...

Don't put the husband name on it..
Bleep off you bigot!

1 Like

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by Ishilove: 8:17pm On Aug 24, 2023
Are you buying for your sister or for the couple? If you put both names then that car does not belong to your sister. It belongs to the man. (We can act like it belongs to the both them but we know it's for the man). If you want your sister to own that car, then put her name on it and whatever she does afterwards is none of your business

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by DenreleDave(m): 8:26pm On Aug 24, 2023
YoungDaNaval:
Bleep off you bigot!

That was in the past.. Man

I'm off that life.

Speak to me with respect as a mature man.
Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by Omoluabi16(m): 8:32pm On Aug 24, 2023
Very sensitive. The man may interpret it another way, more of an ego thing. Look for other ways of appreciating BOTH of them.
Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by NaijaCover(m): 3:56pm On Aug 25, 2023
Put your name on it

1 Like

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by nedekid: 3:57pm On Aug 25, 2023
Who else? Your sister of course.
Wonder why it is even an issue.

5 Likes

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by BlueAir: 3:58pm On Aug 25, 2023
Use her head. And put ur name! And tell her you're giving her indefinitely as help. Use ur head. E get why o.

1 Like

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by Kenmatt(m): 3:58pm On Aug 25, 2023
I didn't read.

But going by the top story, you should put the name of your married Sister, because you bought the Car for her.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by Bfly: 3:59pm On Aug 25, 2023
The name on her ID card or her maiden name.

1 Like

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by Burgerlomo: 3:59pm On Aug 25, 2023
Shey U fey whine me ni? Your sister of course or if possible put both names

1 Like

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by MASTERMIND04(m): 3:59pm On Aug 25, 2023
YoungDaNaval:
Greetings naira Landers, my only sister is happily married to a lawyer and this guy have been instrumental to me and my family since he got married to my sister. Now I intend getting a car for my sis because her office is a little bit far from their home, the problem now is I don't know how her husband will feel if I use my sister's name for the car papers. Now I'm contemplating between using only her name or including her husband's name to the document which made me to bring the question here. Please married couples in the house,I need your sincere advice.

Note: I don't want to discuss this with my sis and her husband because I want the car to be a surprise
Put your sister's name there. She is the one you want to buy it for.

2 Likes

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by DanielsParker(m): 4:00pm On Aug 25, 2023
Well, in my opinion, I think you should put your sisters’s name as the owner . She has a family and if everything is good, whichever name you decide to put in the receipt isn’t supposed to be a problem because the car is automatically a family car.

Secondly, if you’re confused, and if you don’t plan on making it a surprise for your sister, you can ask her. I believe she will tell you what to do.

Conclusively, you can buy the car in your name, give your sister. You can do change of ownership later.
As for the law enforcement agencies, this won’t be a problem as long as she Drives with a license .

5 Likes

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by tunjilana: 4:00pm On Aug 25, 2023
If he has bn good to everyone has you claimed and he is a good man to your sister, dont use the car to upset the peace they gat going, simply do Mr & Mrs

1 Like

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by alizma: 4:00pm On Aug 25, 2023
YoungDaNaval:

The answer is in your message, from the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks, you are buying it for your sister, let her name be there with your surname, giver her the right to decide whether to change the name to that of her husband, or use Mr and Mrs or leave it with your surname.

2 Likes

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by Skillsnigeria: 4:00pm On Aug 25, 2023
Hmmm
Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by Ijaya123: 4:01pm On Aug 25, 2023
YoungDaNaval:

Just buy the car In Your own name and gift it to your sister.

After like 6 months when the euphoria must have died down and attitude towards the gift must have been expressed, do change of ownership to your sister.

2 Likes

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by isunday: 4:01pm On Aug 25, 2023
Put you sister's name to avoid stories later.

We no wan come see thread later for here with title " HOW DO I RETRIEVE CAR I BOUGHT FOR MY SISTER AS THE HUSBAND IS GIVING HER ISSUES IN MARRIAGE AS THE CAR WAS BOUGHT IN HIS NAME"

4 Likes

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by DiamondPant(f): 4:01pm On Aug 25, 2023
YoungDaNaval:

Buy the car from a trusted dealer.
Pay but they shouldn't write the name on the purchase documents.
They'll deliver the car to her with the documents and she'll use her hand to write her name.
Everyone goes home smiling!

2 Likes

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by cpu2006(m): 4:02pm On Aug 25, 2023
put my name there
Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by martin123: 4:02pm On Aug 25, 2023
Hello. Please put Mr & Mrs Lagbaja....that way everybody is fine

1 Like

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by YoungDaNaval(m): 4:02pm On Aug 25, 2023
DiamondPant:

Buy the car from a trusted dealer.
Pay but they shouldn't write the name on the purchase documents.
They'll deliver the car to her with the documents and she'll use her hand to write her name.
Everyone goes home smiling!
Is this even possible?
Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by Wickedfacts: 4:03pm On Aug 25, 2023
YoungDaNaval:

But it in the name of your sister's child.
Give it to her husband to present it to her.

Na sense you go need for this kind thing.
Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by Yada01(m): 4:03pm On Aug 25, 2023
Since you are giving her from your heart and you don't intend to take it back then her name should be on it

2 Likes

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by denko(m): 4:03pm On Aug 25, 2023
See question you are buying a car for your sister and you cant put her name on the particulars. please who are you buying the car for.
YoungDaNaval:

3 Likes

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by bigtt76(f): 4:04pm On Aug 25, 2023
Buy it in their names since the guy has also been instrumental to you an your family. Let it be an appreciation to them both. Let her husband decide how or who rides it.

YoungDaNaval:

1 Like

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by SamOchuko: 4:04pm On Aug 25, 2023
YoungDaNaval:

Use Mr and Mrs ………………to avoid causing altercation in their home

1 Like

Re: Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? by Chiffy: 4:04pm On Aug 25, 2023
Na wah for you sef. You just want to create problem out of thin air.
Does your sister not answer her husband's surname? Just write her name and put the husband's surname. Simple.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

I need your financial help to pay my school fees. please / Man Rants At Length Over Wife’s Decision To Serve Him Just Two Pieces Of Meat / My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.