Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,825 members, 7,813,722 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:00 PM

How Do I Cut Off From This Marriage . Lawyers In The House - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do I Cut Off From This Marriage . Lawyers In The House (4716 Views)

Why I Cut Off Contacts From My Family After Marrying My Nigerian Man- White Lady / Unhappy Bride & Groom: Can This Marriage Last More Than A Year? (Video) / How Can I Cut This Guy Off Without Hurting His Feelings? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Cut Off From This Marriage . Lawyers In The House by slimzypink(f): 10:18pm On Aug 25, 2023
So quick one, I will try not to make it long.
I was living in an Asian country and I met a Nigerian . I had a very good job, apparently I got a better offer to another country. But then I was seeing this guy . He proposed marriage i was a bit held back as I wasn’t so sure of it. Anyways his parents came to mine in Nigeria and we did a kind of online trad wedding. I moved without him to my new country. While he was left back in Asia. Told him he would have to come to Nigeria so we do court marriage then I can apply for him to join me.

The issue now is that before he came to Nigeria as I was coming for a short visit, I broke up and said I don’t want to do the court marriage . But he insisted his family kept begging and I stupidly agreed.

There have been so many red flags that made me scared

1-he drinks a lot and I have tried to caution him . He said he changed
2-he was illegal in the Asian country for over 6 years making it seem like he is using me for visa purposes
3- his anger issues is top notch and it seems I really can’t control his anger
4- he has nothing doing just anywhere hustle is he does , no focus . all he has is big dreams and he said I should take a loan for his dreams.
5. Told him that if he eventually moves in with me he must work. But I am scared that the lazy attitude he had will still be there . And for some reasons he always attacks me that I am proud cause I have a good job.
Now I am not looking down on him to be Honest. I can be with a man who I am higher than but he should show prospect of wanting to be better than me or at least prospect of wanting to work.

Now he has been illegal in Asia for years so he never left cause he had no papers but because of the court marriage he took the leap and left. During the court marriage on the the day I said I couldn’t go on with it.all my friends that knew him said I shouldn’t go on with it . And he begged and begged. Felt bad for him and I agreed. At least so I take him out of naija back

I went back to my work and he is left in Nigeria just for me to process his papers . But I am having those fears again. That I made a big mistake. My brother met him and the first thing he went doing was going to buy alcohol about 33% own and he downed it in front of my brother he was just meeting the first time . Even on the day of the counselling at regristry the lady there was saying your husband is not patient and all. So I am in a dilemma

I want to look for a way out . How do I divorce him. I fear he will not give me the divorce. Court marriage is barely 2 months as well.

Admin please don’t take this to front page

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Cut Off From This Marriage . Lawyers In The House by Yugoslavia247(m): 10:23pm On Aug 25, 2023
slimzypink:
I was living in an Asian country and I met a Nigerian . I had a very good job, apparently I got a better offer to another country. But then I was seeing this guy . He proposed marriage i was a bit held back as I wasn’t so sure of it. Anyways his parents came to mine in Nigeria and we did a kind of online trad wedding. I moved without him to my new country. While he was left back in Asia. Told him he would have to come to Nigeria so we do court marriage then I can apply for him to join me.

The issue now is that before he came to Nigeria as I was coming for a short visit, I broke up and said I don’t want to do the court marriage . But he insisted his family kept begging and I stupidly agreed.

2-he was illegal in the Asian country for over 6 years making it seem like he is using me for visa purposes
4- he has nothing doing just anywhere hustle is he does , no focus . all he has is big dreams and he said I should take a loan for his dreams.
5. Told him that if he eventually moves in with me he must work. But I am scared that the lazy attitude he had will still be there . And for some reasons he always attacks me that I am proud cause I have a good job.
Now I am not looking down on him to be Honest. I can be with a man who I am higher than but he should show prospect of wanting to be better than me or at least prospect of wanting to work.

Now he has been illegal in Asia for years so he never left cause he had no papers but because of the court marriage he took the leap and left. During the court marriage on the the day I said I couldn’t go on with it.all my friends that knew him said I shouldn’t go on with it . And he begged and begged. Felt bad for him and I agreed. At least so I take him out of naija back

I went back to my work and he is left in Nigeria just for me to process his papers . But I am having those fears again. That I made a big mistake. My brother met him and the first thing he went doing was going to buy alcohol about 33% own and he downed it in front of my brother he was just meeting the first time . Even on the day of the counselling at regristry the lady there was saying your husband is not patient and all. So I am in a dilemma

I want to look for a way out . How do I divorce him. I fear he will not give me the divorce. Court marriage is barely 2 months as well.

Alcohol wey obi Cubana dey take 247.

God please I will never be poor.

Poor man no deybev

27 Likes

Re: How Do I Cut Off From This Marriage . Lawyers In The House by izonborn098(m): 10:23pm On Aug 25, 2023
Court marriage'' even juju sef he no go work for me....
Just imagine the blackmail
I pity the poor man sha...
1. Davido spend millions everyday on drugs
2. Dickson spend millions everyday on alcohol..
3. Burnaboy spend millions everyday on drugs' yet they are every woman's dream
4. Pls in what ever u doing don't go broke as man...
5. Olamide spend millions everyday on drugs
6. Women don't know what they want'' if u have RBS with small character he don set...
*madam go and divorce the man he will find somebody better than u.
*u WILL also find somebody better than''

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Cut Off From This Marriage . Lawyers In The House by Yugoslavia247(m): 10:24pm On Aug 25, 2023
slimzypink:

Alcohol wey obi Cubana dey take 247.

God please I will never be poor.

Poor man no dey ever do the right thing.

The same alcohol wey wike dey spend millionz to drink.

God have mercy on me.

Forgive and take poverty away from my life and forevermore.

If you don't want to marry the man.
Don't marry
Emotional blackmail na bad thing
Marry your standard
Marry person wey get job.
Because no be tomorrow you go write epistle of how he doesn't do anything as a husband
If you can not cope with a lazy man then so be it. Leave him.
Family will not live with you.
Besides why do you say he has no focus.
Why have you not supported his dream.

Well na u know

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Cut Off From This Marriage . Lawyers In The House by Unyimekelvin: 10:48pm On Aug 25, 2023
Don't divorce him... it's for better nd for worse!!
Since He has anger issue,when he gets angry run away from the house..🤝🏃🏃

Since he's a drunkard,when he gets drunk give him space..

Since he's lazy nd doesn't like working, you can become the Man of the house..by providing support..men needs strong women..🤝🤞😕

Since he migrated to Asia( Continent) illegally,,, report him to the immigration services or the police....✋✋

All what I'm trying to say is marry him, stick to him.. provide for him, get him a side chick, spend on him nd love him..✋✋✋all this i said in BULABA...✋✋🙏🙏🙏🙏

6 Likes

Re: How Do I Cut Off From This Marriage . Lawyers In The House by fyzaila: 10:57pm On Aug 25, 2023
Aunty you saw all these red 🚩🚩 you still went ahead to marry him. Is he the last man standing? Abi responsible men have finished? Something is telling me is desperation that made you agreed to the marriage.

Hmmm you're in for a long thing. Prayer is your friend now

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Cut Off From This Marriage . Lawyers In The House by Kobicove(m): 10:57pm On Aug 25, 2023
Do not ever marry out of pity...but una no dey ever hear word! undecided

7 Likes

Re: How Do I Cut Off From This Marriage . Lawyers In The House by slimzypink(f): 11:01pm On Aug 25, 2023
fyzaila:
Aunty you saw all these red 🚩🚩 you still went ahead to marry him. Is he the last man standing? Abi responsible men have finished? Something is telling me is desperation that made you agreed to the marriage.

Hmmm you're in for a long thing. Prayer is your friend now

Not desperation. In my head he will change but he is not, and we had an issue and he said he will make sure he brings me down at my work place cause I am proud. Though he said he said it out of anger . This word is strong hence I am scared if I bring him in because I feel pity he is in Nigeria he would go ahead with his plan someday

1 Like

Re: How Do I Cut Off From This Marriage . Lawyers In The House by Newdawn30: 11:05pm On Aug 25, 2023
How will you Marry someone out if pity... The funny thing is that you will always feel like you made the wrong decision marrying him for years to come.

The earlier you leave him the better if you ask me

8 Likes

Re: How Do I Cut Off From This Marriage . Lawyers In The House by SavageResponse(m): 11:07pm On Aug 25, 2023
slimzypink:

Not desperation. In my head he will change but he is not, and we had an issue and he said he will make sure he brings me down at my work place cause I am proud. Though he said he said it out of anger . This word is strong hence I am scared if I bring him in because I feel pity he is in Nigeria he would go ahead with his plan someday

Don't take his threat likely.

Just blank him by going A.W.O.L

I hope you don't owe him any money sha and you did not collect any valuable gift from him

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Cut Off From This Marriage . Lawyers In The House by slimzypink(f): 11:08pm On Aug 25, 2023
Newdawn30:
How will you Marry someone out if pity... The funny thing is that you will always feel like you made the wrong decision marrying him for years to come.
So he was back to Nigeria, if I had held my ground before he came to Nigeria this wouldn’t have happened. I felt it was me who made him come to naija if not he would have kept being in Asia. Long story short I didn’t want to go through the marriage on the said date. But pleas and pleas from hun and family made me just do it. Deep down now I just know it’s a big mistake .

1 Like

Re: How Do I Cut Off From This Marriage . Lawyers In The House by slimzypink(f): 11:11pm On Aug 25, 2023
SavageResponse:

Don't take his threat likely.

Just blank him by going A.W.O.L

I hope you don't owe him any money sha and you did not collect any valuable gift from him
Nope he owes me instead. Gave him some money about 1.6million so he comes back to naija but he said the agent that will procure his travel docs back to naija scammed him and that was how my money went . I am not even asking for that money back . I am just scared of him after saying he will bring me down. No matter the anger that statement is deep rooted to say to someone.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Cut Off From This Marriage . Lawyers In The House by BikoMERCYme(f): 11:17pm On Aug 25, 2023
slimzypink:

Dey play Ooo.........
No be wetin dey him mind the ogogoro push cum out..........I pity for the kind wahala u bout to put both yourself and kids unborn into.........

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Cut Off From This Marriage . Lawyers In The House by GOFRONT(m): 11:17pm On Aug 25, 2023
Maybe their genotype nor even match sef from the beginning
Re: How Do I Cut Off From This Marriage . Lawyers In The House by JONSYN7154: 11:23pm On Aug 25, 2023
You married him in court right?

Go to any court and divorce him and the court judgment will bind. I have seen people who got married via court and still divorce.

Divorce him and enjoy your life to the fullest with peace of mind.
slimzypink:

Re: How Do I Cut Off From This Marriage . Lawyers In The House by SavageResponse(m): 11:23pm On Aug 25, 2023
slimzypink:

Nope he owes me instead. Gave him some money about 1.6million so he comes back to naija but he said the agent that will procure his travel docs back to naija scammed him and that was how my money went . I am not even asking for that money back . I am just scared of him after saying he will bring me down. No matter the anger that statement is deep rooted to say to someone.

Your starting point is to officially dissolve the union.

Tell you parents to return the bride price and tell them why you can no longer go on with him (I hope you have some proof).

This time you need to be ready to block your heart and mind - no matter who calls you to beg do not shift ground!
Re: How Do I Cut Off From This Marriage . Lawyers In The House by mbaise1000: 11:28pm On Aug 25, 2023
I think that you want out of the marriage but is looking for a good reason to do it, anyways, if you are still claiming to be a Christian wvlhich I believe you are not, you should be aware that God hates divorce, the condition God gave for divorce wasn't mentioned by you in your little epistle, if you want him to leave by himself, you will still be commitng adultry if you marry another, I don't believe that there is anyone that is 100% bad, you are not 100% good too, there must be some ways that your husband is good, concentrate on those parts and develop them more, and you will see reason to accept your husband back, when all you are looking in a person is faults, you are certainly going to see them and if you don't see, you will develop faults in the person and believe it, when you married this person, you did not ask for our advice, why do you need our advice now to divorce him? People like me don't support what God hates, you have married this person, whether it's internet marriage or audio marriage or marriage in absentia, it's legsl in the face of God, people went into marriage for all the wrong reasons these days and will start crying foul after a few days, none if your reasons is good enough to leave that marriage, just make it work, impossible is nothing.
Don't be listening to people who don't have respect for the marriage institution or their spouses

1 Like

Re: How Do I Cut Off From This Marriage . Lawyers In The House by slimzypink(f): 11:30pm On Aug 25, 2023
SavageResponse:

You starting point is to officially dissolve the union.

Tell you parents to return the bride price and tell them why you can no longer go on with him (I hope you have some proof).

This time you need to be ready to block your heart and mind - no matter who calls you to beg do not shift ground!

Thanks it is the blocking the heart part I need to learn. It’s the begging and begging that I couldn’t say no to that brought me to this situation . Hopefully he gives me the divorce.
Re: How Do I Cut Off From This Marriage . Lawyers In The House by Newdawn30: 11:37pm On Aug 25, 2023
slimzypink:

So he was back to Nigeria, if I had held my ground before he came to Nigeria this wouldn’t have happened. I felt it was me who made him come to naija if not he would have kept being in Asia. Long story short I didn’t want to go through the marriage on the said date. But pleas and pleas from hun and family made me just do it. Deep down now I just know it’s a big mistake .

So you felt bad for him, Truth be told you shouldn't have gone through with the marriage, now it's more complicated. And from the looks of things he has so many red flags. I am not a lawyer but you have to get the marriages annulled. You can always get a divorce, the question is at what cost? You have to get a lawyer and indemnify yourself.

All the best

1 Like

Re: How Do I Cut Off From This Marriage . Lawyers In The House by slimzypink(f): 11:39pm On Aug 25, 2023
mbaise1000:
I think that you want out of the marriage but is looking for a good reason to do it, anyways, if you are still claiming to be a Christian wvlhich I believe you are not, you should be aware that God hates divorce, the condition God gave for divorce wasn't mentioned by you in your little epistle, if you want him to leave by himself, you will still be commitng adultry if you marry another, I don't believe that there is anyone that is 100% bad, you are not 100% good too, there must be some ways that your husband is good, concentrate on those parts and develop them more, and you will see reason to accept your husband back, when all you are looking in a person is faults, you are certainly going to see them and if you don't see, you will develop faults in the person and believe it, when you married this person, you did not ask for our advice, why do you need our advice now to divorce him? People like me don't support what God hates, you have married this person, whether it's internet marriage or audio marriage or marriage in absentia, it's legsl in the face of God, people went into marriage for all the wrong reasons these days and will start crying foul after a few days, none if your reasons is good enough to leave that marriage, just make it work, impossible is nothing.
Don't be listening to people who don't have respect for the marriage institution or their spouses

Tbh I know this , i wish I can see the future and know that he will not stress me . Yes he can be sweet if he wants to, but the anger issues is really crazy. I am the only one that can calm him down. I fear he will turn on me if we have like big issues. He has said if anybody does what I did to him to his sister he will kill the person. So this are just statements but it makes me get scared that this guy is only hiding is true self to get what he wants . I am stressed.
Re: How Do I Cut Off From This Marriage . Lawyers In The House by SavageResponse(m): 11:45pm On Aug 25, 2023
slimzypink:

Thanks it is the blocking the heart part I need to learn. It’s the begging and begging that I couldn’t say no to that brought me to this situation . Hopefully he gives me the divorce.

Here is how you do it.

As soon as you set things in motion, start ignoring all calls coming from Nigeria except from your parents or the lawyer representing you.

You may only respond to other people through written messages but if anyone persists or tries to put pressure on you to change your mind just block or delete the person straightaway.

Marriage is a very long journey therefore you should not tie yourself to someone who has potential of being a deadbeat or alcoholic, this goes for both male and female!

Like I mentioned before make sure that you do not owe him any serious favours so he cannot say you cheated or exploited his kindness to you.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Cut Off From This Marriage . Lawyers In The House by slimzypink(f): 11:46pm On Aug 25, 2023
SavageResponse:

Here is how you do it.

As soon as you set things in motion, start ignoring all calls coming from Nigeria except from your parents or the lawyer representing you.

You may only respond to other people through written messages but if anyone persists or tries to put pressure on you to change your mind just block or delete the person straightaway.

Marriage is a very long journey therefore you should not tie yourself to someone who has potential of being a deadbeat or alcoholic, this goes for both male and female!

Like I mentioned before make sure that you do not owe him any serious favours so he cannot say you cheated or exploited his kindness to you.

I don’t I will do that . Thanks loads
Re: How Do I Cut Off From This Marriage . Lawyers In The House by SavageResponse(m): 11:51pm On Aug 25, 2023
mbaise1000:

Oga abeg hang that your God hates divorce horseshit!

Marriage is not a do-or-die affair

The guy in question here is an alcoholic and he also has potential for violence.

Would you advise your own sister to still remain in such a union because "God hates divorce"? angry

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Cut Off From This Marriage . Lawyers In The House by eniolorunfe: 12:02am On Aug 26, 2023
shocked
Re: How Do I Cut Off From This Marriage . Lawyers In The House by Harddiskng(m): 12:07am On Aug 26, 2023
You can see all the red and even black flags you are still here asking questions when you know what needs to be done.

You didn’t listen to someone close, so it’s us you don’t know from Adam you want us to waste energy typing so you can ignore our advice too abi grin

It’s like some people bellful the next thing on the agenda is to cause problems for themselves lol. I don’t want to believe that this story is true.

By the way i so much dislike people that have difficulty in making up their mind. They waste other people’s time, effort & resources. Even God has little regard for them.

James 1:6-8 King James Version (KJV)
For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord. A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.
Re: How Do I Cut Off From This Marriage . Lawyers In The House by slimzypink(f): 12:13am On Aug 26, 2023
Harddiskng:
You can see all the red and even black flags you are still here asking questions when you know what needs to be done.

You didn’t listen to someone close, so it’s us you don’t know from Adam you want us to waste energy typing so you can ignore our advice too abi grin

It’s like some people bellful the next thing on the agenda is to cause problems for themselves lol. I don’t want to believe that this story is true.

I will get the divorce. Thanks .

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Cut Off From This Marriage . Lawyers In The House by IyaTola: 1:06am On Aug 26, 2023
The signs are there for you too see
Re: How Do I Cut Off From This Marriage . Lawyers In The House by 9japride(m): 3:57am On Aug 26, 2023
What you should understand is that no woman can ever change a fully grown man. It's only possible if the man is ready to change.
Normally, ladies likes those kind of attributes in a man these days. They love hard men. It's your choice to make, no body really cares for anyone. Peace and happiness is gold.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Cut Off From This Marriage . Lawyers In The House by timisquare82(m): 4:24am On Aug 26, 2023
You are mean ooo, after you brought the man from his hiding zone ( Asia) back to this country you are now saying he is a drunkard and claiming he has anger issues. Didn't you see all these before you brought him to Nigeria?. You don't really know what you want.

7 Likes

Re: How Do I Cut Off From This Marriage . Lawyers In The House by SavageResponse(m): 4:56am On Aug 26, 2023
slimzypink:

I don’t I will do that . Thanks loads

I have one more question for you - Were you the one who convinced him to come back to Nigeria or did he return of his own volition?

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Cut Off From This Marriage . Lawyers In The House by koladata(m): 5:04am On Aug 26, 2023
calm down o , it will always be in your record book that you've been married before , you are not so far from a lady with one child after this divorce.

Help the poor man travel back atleast, lack of money and good job might be the reason why he drinks, talk about it till he listen, work with him, two months after marriage doesn't look like you've tried at all, atleast 6month is fair enough, the service we render to others is the rent you pay for living on this earth.

If the problem is alcohol and anger, it can be corrected, rehabilitation center is there, most men drink when they want to meet their spouse family to give them courage they need.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Cut Off From This Marriage . Lawyers In The House by Psady(m): 5:27am On Aug 26, 2023
timisquare82:
You are mean ooo, after you brought the man from his hiding zone ( Asia) back to this country you are now saying he is a drunkard and claiming he has anger issues. Didn't you see all these before you brought him to Nigeria?. You don't really know what you want.
Yes this part really needs to be considered,and am so happy that the op did mention about her concern on this issue.I will advice she finds a common ground to settle the youngman, that's if he will accept in monetary form or otherwise, so he will be able to travel back abroad.She soiled her herself already in this chaos ,so she should be ready to feel the heat that comes with it .

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Don't Be Afraid To Tell Any Nairaland Babe That You Like Her. / Letter To Ireneony / Girls I Have Come Across And Slept With

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.