Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,074 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) - Agriculture (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) (45764 Views)

Local Chicken Farming A New Oil Money. / Snail Farming, The Untaped Gold Mine / Organic Poultry Farming - The Use Of Spices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by oweniwe(m): 11:42am On Oct 18, 2023
Esude007:
Gunners160... My garden is 59 days old..stay tuned... Spraying pheromone to attract more polinators... cool cool cool

Boss kindly help with the Pheromes brand name or photo of the container.. I've asked all these agro chemical sellers for it's they don't seem to know it.

Thanks sir
Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by gunners160(m): 12:45pm On Oct 18, 2023
oweniwe:

Boss kindly help with the Pheromes brand name or photo of the container.. I've asked all these agro chemical sellers for it's they don't seem to know it.

Thanks sir
I have never made use of it before. All what I make use of is best and urea.. .
Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Esude007: 7:24pm On Oct 18, 2023
oweniwe:

Thanks sir
... Go and get Thyme used as spice... Grind it, and pour inside the tank... Dey fast o... Make bees no go kill u ooo cool
Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by oweniwe(m): 8:12pm On Oct 18, 2023
Esude007:
... Go and get Thyme used as spice... Grind it, and pour inside the tank... Dey fast o... Make bees no go kill u ooo cool

Haba ... Like how many sachets of Gino Thyme?

And what solvent will one mix it with?

Abi just thyme and water?
Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Esude007: 10:41pm On Oct 18, 2023
oweniwe:

Haba ... Like how many sachets of Gino Thyme?

And what solvent will one mix it with?

Abi just thyme and water?
Thyme and water.. make u see wonders... Grind it into powder o... Ehen
Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by YoshihideSuga: 12:23am On Oct 19, 2023
https://www.nairaland.com/7881122/another-fulani-massacre-ayilamo-benue

Esude007 and gunners160,

You both live in Northern Nigeria. I'm genuinely curious, how do you people cope with those murderers and scoundrels?
Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by gunners160(m): 5:49am On Oct 19, 2023
YoshihideSuga:

Esude007 and gunners160,

You both live in Northern Nigeria. I'm genuinely curious, how do you people cope with those murderers and scoundrels?

It is not funny at all. because a lot farmers went through thick and thin just to raise money for there farm work.
In Taraba state, places like Donga, Ussa and Takum are still having serious fight with Herders.
In fact, just last week, a lady who planted a large portion of soya beans in Donga was crying bitterly on how Fulani Herders destroyed all her soyabeans and maize she planted. Funny enough, she got the money from the farm work through Keke hustle.
Issues like this always result in food insecurity.
Right now is harvest period in Taraba and Benue State, we are still buying 10 tubers of yam for 2000 / 3000 . Something that is we buy for just 1500 before..........

1 Like

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by gunners160(m): 5:53am On Oct 19, 2023
Esude007 as of yesterday, beeniseed is now 120k per bag. You don cash out.. I pray u get a lot of bags...

Pls do you know barabada..... Some on suggested it for me recently

1 Like

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Esude007: 6:36am On Oct 19, 2023
YoshihideSuga:

Esude007 and gunners160,

hmmmm... Lemme give u a secret that have been working for me.... Fulani herdsmen don't fear juju or even guns... The only thing that keep them from my cassava and Maize section is my laminated Quran writing.... There no even want make the leaves of my maize touch their skin, because they believe that once they trespass, it is as simple as there are fighting with God directly...try this method and see wonders.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by YoshihideSuga: 11:57am On Oct 19, 2023
gunners160:

It is not funny at all. because a lot farmers went through thick and thin just to raise money for there farm work.
In Taraba state, places like Donga, Ussa and Takum are still having serious fight with Herders.
In fact, just last week, a lady who planted a large portion of soya beans in Donga was crying bitterly on how Fulani Herders destroyed all her soyabeans and maize she planted. Funny enough, she got the money from the farm work through Keke hustle
Issues like this always result in food insecurity.
Right now is harvest period in Taraba and Benue State, we are still buying 10 tubers of yam for 2000 / 3000 . Something that is we buy for just 1500 before..........

These are the issues. I really hate what Nigeria's elites are doing to ordinary citizens. What are the elders and politicians in those areas doing about the crises?
Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by willybaby(m): 11:12am On Oct 21, 2023
Harvest finished on field one, next we gather and stack later unto field two.
@Esude007 hope preparation for yours is in top gear.

2 Likes

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Esude007: 11:32am On Oct 21, 2023
willybaby:
yes boss... Preparation is on... Nice work brother
Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by gunners160(m): 11:52am On Oct 21, 2023
willybaby:
it seems u planted ur beeniseed very early.... Here most people beeniseed are still in flowering stage....
Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by gunners160(m): 12:01pm On Oct 21, 2023
A pic of my beans farm that is still in its' flowering stage

1 Like

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Abdulganiy69: 4:47pm On Oct 21, 2023
How many kg in a bag of sesame?
Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Esude007: 4:54pm On Oct 21, 2023
Abdulganiy69:
How many kg in a bag of sesame?
Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Organic24: 7:54pm On Oct 21, 2023
Are you in Ebonyi state currently?
edogu:

I'm surprise at this your question. Sesame crop is popular in Ebonyi State. Izzi people call it esisa while Ngbo people call it eshaw. Ask questions and you will get more information about the crop.
Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by edogu(m): 8:21pm On Oct 21, 2023
Organic24:
Are you in Ebonyi state currently?
No.
Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Organic24: 10:00pm On Oct 21, 2023
Ok just needed to connect with farmers there.
edogu:

No.
Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by willybaby(m): 10:51pm On Oct 21, 2023
gunners160:
it seems u planted ur beeniseed very early.... Here most people beeniseed are still in flowering stage....
yes planted first field July 23rd. Please I need to contact you
Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by gunners160(m): 2:17am On Oct 22, 2023
willybaby:
yes planted first field July 23rd. Please I need to contact you

1 Like

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by YoshihideSuga: 12:21am On Oct 27, 2023
gunners160:
A pic of my beans farm that is still in its' flowering stage

I hope you didn't take my last comment to heart. I was teasing you with the N5M post. But on a serious note, if you have N5M, you will invest in sesame seeds, right?
Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by gunners160(m): 8:33am On Oct 27, 2023
YoshihideSuga:

I hope you didn't take my last comment to heart. I was teasing you with the N5M post. But on a serious note, if you have N5M, you will invest in sesame seeds, right?
no ooo. I did not o. I even liked ur post. To answer your question, I won't do that... Beeniseed has money but there is a farm work that fetches more than beeniseed. When you are into it, you control all the factors of production including the labour and the market. Funny enough a lot of people don't do it and the few who are into it are only doing the rainny season farming.However, you need a mentor (some one that understands the farm like mad). All I will just do is learn from the best for a year and then go into a village where they farm it a lot.Keep doing it constantly for three years and then employ people to continue from where I stop.( The more money I make the more I buy and even keep for storage). Why venture into beeniseed when I can control the market ......
Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by YoshihideSuga: 1:09pm On Oct 27, 2023
gunners160:
no ooo. I did not o. I even liked ur post. To answer your question, I won't do that... Beeniseed has money but there is a farm work that fetches more than beeniseed. When you are into it, you control all the factors of production including the labour and the market. Funny enough a lot of people don't do it and the few who are into it are only doing the rainny season farming.However, you need a mentor (some one that understands the farm like mad). All I will just do is learn from the best for a year and then go into a village where they farm it a lot.Keep doing it constantly for three years and then employ people to continue from where I stop.( The more money I make the more I buy and even keep for storage). Why venture into beeniseed when I can control the market ......

Maybe na to meet you one day so that we discuss these things man-to-man. grin

Gunners160: please put up your email address. When I've copied it, I'll quote your name so you delete it later.
Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by arewangle: 11:49am On Nov 05, 2023
ugoadudu:
Hi. Good afternoon. I'm interested in sesame farming. I have one acre of land I can use in ibusa, Delta State. My question is how to get the seeds and fertilizer. Also, why did you say that once it's September 10th that we shouldn't plant anymore?

author=Esude007 post=125369325] e author=Ebubu3 post=125369208]it’s how to find importers who I can export these items to is the problem note, it should not be grown in a water logged area... Anything September 10th, stop planting...best soil is sandy loam... And it should not be water logged

Check this website for more https://www.arewastartups.com.ng/2023/09/how-to-start-sesame-farming-in-nigeria.html
Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by gunners160(m): 1:34pm On Nov 06, 2023
YoshihideSuga:

Maybe na to meet you one day so that we discuss these things man-to-man. grin

Gunners160: please put up your email address. When I've copied it, I'll quote your name so you delete it later.
Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by YoshihideSuga: 3:31pm On Nov 06, 2023
gunners160:

OK. Thank you. However, it's a phone number, which means I'd have to call you then. What time of the day is preferable?
Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Esude007: 5:13pm On Nov 09, 2023
Hervesting commenced... Staking and tying process attached

4 Likes

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by kreven01(m): 3:13pm On Nov 25, 2023
well we at Edo state Nigeria are also benefitting from this benniseeds...harvested alrdy and waiting for price to skyrocket

3 Likes

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by ddmobayo: 2:32pm On Dec 08, 2023
Esude007:
This is Lona Farms Limited sesame section, we are working on 20 hectare, and the target is 0.5 tonne per hectare... A bag of sesame in kogi state goes for 150k during off season, and 120k during season. 10kg of sesame is required per hectare for planting, we are using broadcasting method. The sesame seed will be treated with Cypermetrin before broadcasting, to prevent ant picking, and it will be mixed with 20kg of sharp sand before broadcasting for even distribution.

We need sesame seed urgently. Please reach out to me on 09011039819 (WhatsApp).
Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by willybaby(m): 7:40am On Dec 09, 2023
ddmobayo:

We need sesame seed urgently. Please reach out to me on 09011039819 (WhatsApp).
or Na you go reach out to am, sesame farmers no d fine market.

1 Like

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by 1TrippleCee: 3:09pm On Dec 09, 2023
Esude007:
hmmmm... Lemme give u a secret that have been working for me.... Fulani herdsmen don't fear juju or even guns... The only thing that keep them from my cassava and Maize section is my laminated Quran writing.... There no even want make the leaves of my maize touch their skin, because they believe that once they trespass, it is as simple as there are fighting with God directly...try this method and see wonders.

Hahahahahaa. I don see something new today o

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Bush Meats From My Farms / Duck Farming: Let's Journey Together / My Vegetable Garden Is Under Attack: Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.