Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,731 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:20 PM

Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) (45754 Views)

Local Chicken Farming A New Oil Money. / Snail Farming, The Untaped Gold Mine / Organic Poultry Farming - The Use Of Spices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Esude007: 4:07pm On Sep 20, 2023
Mrdellychy:

This looks more like burns from urea application.
I done think so... Cos even were we have not touched with urea was also noticed.. So I think it is bacteria

3 Likes

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Esude007: 5:28pm On Sep 25, 2023
kissflowers whisper PRODUCTIVITY to the farmer, they become happiest when they transform into fruits....Pesticide application.. rate the production....

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by MrsTwrite(f): 8:49am On Sep 26, 2023
How do I start I'm interested.

1 Like

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by ibawon(m): 8:52am On Sep 26, 2023
Farming profit sweet Na the Wahala no he here. It is well with you brother

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by whichway007: 8:52am On Sep 26, 2023
wow,sam larry look like Mobad son,fear women

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Housing(m): 8:55am On Sep 26, 2023
Ebubu3:
where is the market ?

In the last one month over 4,000 tons have been exported and more request are being made on daily basis. Those in logistics and freight business can testify.

5 Likes

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by gabbytabby: 8:56am On Sep 26, 2023
Ebubu3:
it’s how to find importers who I can export these items to is the problem

My brother it's not a problem but the beginning of your research. Go to your department of agriculture and check online information and groups.

We need more with a can do attitude.

3 Likes

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Fearyourcreator: 8:57am On Sep 26, 2023
You won't see those lazy people on this now...
Only to complain about everything...
Some will say if you go into farming bandits,kidnapper bla bla ... like those ones are everywhere... practice where them no dey ... na lie... excuse upon excuse to not move forward in life... the owner of these , may God lift you beyond what you ever expected... I will still go into farming... Nigeria needs more people to do these ... at least food prices will go down

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Papayaayasager(m): 8:59am On Sep 26, 2023
Beni-seed

4 Likes

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Papayaayasager(m): 8:59am On Sep 26, 2023
whichway007:
wow,sam larry look like Mobad son,fear women

You miss road ni?

20 Likes

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by iwaeda: 8:59am On Sep 26, 2023
Esude007:
This is Lona Farms Limited sesame section, we are working on 20 hectare, and the target is 0.5 tonne per hectare... A bag of sesame in kogi state goes for 150k during off season, and 120k during season. 10kg of sesame is required per hectare for planting, we are using broadcasting method. The sesame seed will be treated with Cypermetrin before broadcasting, to prevent ant picking, and it will be mixed with 20kg of sharp sand before broadcasting for even distribution.

Did you add paying security due to herdsmen and bandits to your cost?. We have farms in Kwara we can't access again. grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Realman50: 9:00am On Sep 26, 2023
Hunger and depression wan kill me oo abeg make una help una brother man..no amount too small thanks ,2066576808 UBA bank .
Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by BoldBrainz(m): 9:08am On Sep 26, 2023
Sesame farming is indeed a money spinner, but it is labour intensive. And crop farming has never really been my thing. Though I ran a cocoa farm for three years with no losses.

3 Likes

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by RepoMan007: 9:10am On Sep 26, 2023
Ebubu3:
I have 1 tonne of grade 1 sesame seed for sale. Price is 1million naira per tonne. Last price. Contact your dealer and we can talk if he wants 1 ton
August 27 you were observing, then one week later on sept 3, you have one tonne. Middlemen are market spoilers most times.

25 Likes

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Agricmoney(m): 9:11am On Sep 26, 2023
A crop that is very high in demand for exportation. Its truelly the new gold.

Anyway, Agriculture is life.

7 Likes

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by isycollins(m): 9:13am On Sep 26, 2023
I would have loved the see the picture of it very well so that I know what it looks like, I don't know what it is please

3 Likes

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by CaptainFM1: 9:13am On Sep 26, 2023
Esude007:
let me tell u something... Even if u have 2000 bags, I know who can buy everything without u looking for an exporter... the market is developed

Who are the buyers/offtakers?

1 Like

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by blueAgent(m): 9:15am On Sep 26, 2023
Good.

Better topic, not this useless topics that make front page.
Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Belial06: 9:18am On Sep 26, 2023
Fearyourcreator:
You won't see those lazy people on this now...
Only to complain about everything...
Some will say if you go into farming bandits,kidnapper bla bla ... like those ones are everywhere... practice where them no dey ... na lie... excuse upon excuse to not move forward in life... the owner of these , may God lift you beyond what you ever expected... I will still go into farming... Nigeria needs more people to do these ... at least food prices will go down

Been looking for where to invest and trust be told farming is looking so sexy right now 🤔

1 Like

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by odukoko(m): 9:22am On Sep 26, 2023
Is this not Ekun the grass I weed anyhow in my farm at Ekiti State?very stubborn and easy to grow.i sometimes cook the leaves like jute[ewedu]soup.seed is very small and propagation is fast.
Esude007:
hmmm...I don't think it can be cultivated in south west

2 Likes

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by aieromon(m): 9:23am On Sep 26, 2023
10. Other Cut Flowers & Flower Buds: N’ 13,007 Million (N15,053 million in 2022)
Starting the list are various types of cut flowers and flower buds. The emerging prominence of ornamental horticulture in Nigeria’s export portfolio is worthy of note, reflecting a growing market for decorative and aesthetic purposes both domestically and internationally.

9. Soya Beans Seed: N’ 15,467 Million (2022: N6.838 million)
Soya bean seeds make its debut on the top 10 list taking the ninth position. Their export suggests a high demand for Nigeria’s soya beans, indicating a promising trajectory for this commodity.

8. Other Cut Flowers & Flower Buds (Ornamental Purposes): N’ 19,887 Million (2022: N15,052 million)
The eighth spot is occupied again by ornamental flowers and flower buds, emphasizing the sector’s growing contribution to Nigeria’s agricultural exports.

7. Flours and Meals of Soya Beans: N’ 23,601 Million
Flours and meals of soya beans, a new entry, rank seventh, primarily finding use in the food industry and animal husbandry. This positions them as a significant export, which diversifies the market for Nigerian producers.

6. Soya Beans (Excluding Seeds): N’ 24,102 Million
Excluding seeds, soya beans come in at sixth place. The commodity is chiefly exported for oil extraction and as a protein source in animal feeds, representing another aspect of the versatile soya bean plant.

5. Standard Quality Cocoa Beans: N’ 32,590 Million (2022: N’32, 589 million)
Fifth on the list are standard-quality cocoa beans. They may not match their superior quality counterparts but are still an essential part of Nigeria’s export economy.

4. Cashew Nuts (Shelled): N’ 64,631 Million (2022: N’21,024 million)
Shelled cashew nuts are fourth, signifying a growing in-country processing capacity, which inherently adds more value to the product before its export.

3. Cashew Nuts (In Shell): N’ 83,196 Million (2022: N’ 66, 357 million)
In-shell cashew nuts take the bronze medal, primarily finding markets in countries like India for further processing. They represent an important source of foreign exchange for Nigeria.

2. Sesamum Seeds: N’ 105,982 Million (2022: N139, 845 million)
Close to the top are sesamum seeds, or sesame seeds, which have become increasingly significant in Nigeria’s agricultural export scene. Their versatility and wide range of uses make them nearly as valuable as cocoa.

1. Superior Quality Cocoa Beans: N’ 115,544 Million (2022: N200,066 million)
Finally, at the pinnacle are superior-quality cocoa beans. Their consistently high value in the export market signifies their continued importance to the Nigerian economy and their unparalleled global demand.

https://nairametrics.com/2023/09/19/nigerias-top-10-agricultural-exports-in-h1-2023/

3 Likes

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Sholmakem(f): 9:25am On Sep 26, 2023
The oil is what we use at home.i like eating the seed with groundnut.😋

1 Like

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by MrDoGood(m): 9:25am On Sep 26, 2023
Esude007:
The first section have started flowering... This means fruiting will soon begin.... grin

Please how many times in a year can we farm it?

I'm going into it next year, already searching for land in nasarawa state because I live in Abuja.

1 Like

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by odukoko(m): 9:27am On Sep 26, 2023
That tinny seeds?
Sholmakem:
The oil is what we use at home.i like eating the seed with groundnut.😋

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by DoubleMo6: 9:29am On Sep 26, 2023
Igogo... If you know, you know... LOL

4 Likes

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Tareq1105: 9:30am On Sep 26, 2023
Esude007:
quote author=Ebubu3 post=125368694]where is the market ?in Ajaka igalamela local government... I bought 2 bags at 300k... The demand is very high, as marketers even go as far as giving loans to farmers... On the agreement that after hervesting, u sell to them directly.

Slave trade, don't sell to them.

1 Like

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by kolamilan(m): 9:31am On Sep 26, 2023
Great post.

1 Like

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by edogu(m): 9:32am On Sep 26, 2023
Ebubu3:
can it grow on any soil? I’m in Ebonyi state

How can I get the seed for planting?
I'm surprise at this your question. Sesame crop is popular in Ebonyi State. Izzi people call it esisa while Ngbo people call it eshaw. Ask questions and you will get more information about the crop.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by NzogbuNzogbu: 9:33am On Sep 26, 2023
Esude007:
kissflowers whisper PRODUCTIVITY to the farmer, they become happiest when they transform into fruits....Pesticide application.. rate the production....
where can one get the seed to buy for planting
Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Succezcard(m): 9:49am On Sep 26, 2023
Good morning dear brother. Thanks for creating this beautiful thread. More grace 2 u. Wish u very high yield.
Pls, can this crop be grown in Rivers or Akwa Ibom (state)?.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Bush Meats From My Farms / Duck Farming: Let's Journey Together / My Vegetable Garden Is Under Attack: Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.