Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,326 members, 7,815,643 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:49 PM

Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) (45752 Views)

Local Chicken Farming A New Oil Money. / Snail Farming, The Untaped Gold Mine / Organic Poultry Farming - The Use Of Spices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Ebubu3: 1:02pm On Sep 03, 2023
Esude007:
okay
waiting for your replies
Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Esude007: 1:04pm On Sep 03, 2023
e author=Ebubu3 post=125547164]waiting for your replies[/quote] tomorrow u go hear from me
Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by benuejosh: 1:11pm On Sep 04, 2023
Esude007:
Herbicide application and general farm inspection continued
what type or types of herbicides did you use?
Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Esude007: 4:02pm On Sep 04, 2023
benuejosh:
what type or types of herbicides did you use?
I used glyphosate as pre emergence... Gloview and Cypermetrin as pesticide.
Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Esude007: 11:00pm On Sep 05, 2023
Fungicide application commenced...as fertilizer application continued

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Esude007: 11:10pm On Sep 05, 2023
The first section have started flowering... This means fruiting will soon begin.... grin

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by MrPRevailer(m): 12:05pm On Sep 06, 2023
Esude007:

Why are you using toxic commercial pesticide like glypgosphate. It's knowto cause health issues like autism, aging, cancer etc. Please do your research.

Use Natural-based pesticide instead.

5 Likes

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Esude007: 12:34pm On Sep 06, 2023
MrPRevailer:

Why are you using toxic commercial pesticide like glypgosphate. It's knowto cause health issues like autism, aging, cancer etc. Please do your research.

glyphosate is a pre emergence herbicide that control grasses before germination... I will do the research as u said ..thanks for ur input.

14 Likes

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Esude007: 12:38pm On Sep 06, 2023
Today ploughing and broadcasting came to an end.... wish me well people!!

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Esude007: 10:55pm On Sep 09, 2023
Scouting was done, as I discover worm infestation... Pesticide application commenced immediately

3 Likes

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Esude007: 10:56pm On Sep 09, 2023
1 month and 7 days birthday.. grin

1 Like

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Esude007: 10:59pm On Sep 09, 2023
No be small work o... To be continue on Monday...man need rest o..na who dey alive the flex money....

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by JustAboyy: 11:27am On Sep 10, 2023
I want to ask op have you planted this sesame before or this is your first time?

Esude007:
No be small work o... To be continue on Monday...man need rest o..na who dey alive the flex money....

2 Likes

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Esude007: 1:47pm On Sep 10, 2023
uote author=JustAboyy post=125699484]I want to ask op have you planted this sesame before or this is your first time?

[/quote]first time of doing it massive... I've done it in a small scale for 3 years.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by pat077: 8:30pm On Sep 10, 2023
Can this do well in the southwest part of the country?

2 Likes

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by benuejosh: 9:35am On Sep 13, 2023
Esude007:
Okay. Where is your farm located. Because sesame farming that i am aware of in Benue doesn't need fertilizer to grow. If you apply fertilizer it grows too tall and so some will eventually not produce or won't produce on time. I am sure it is because of the soil type. It is grown majorly in the Gwer-east and Guma local government of Benue State.

8 Likes

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Esude007: 9:48am On Sep 13, 2023
benuejosh:
Okay. Where is your farm located. Because sesame farming that i am aware of in Benue doesn't need fertilizer to grow. If you apply fertilizer it grows too tall and so some will eventually not produce or won't produce on time. I am sure it is because of the soil type. It is grown majorly in the Gwer-east and Guma local government of Benue State.
u are right... Sesame doesn't require much fertilizer application, but u can apply Urea at juvenile stage... My farm I located in kogi state.... And I am applying urea based on soil test results

11 Likes

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Esude007: 11:20pm On Sep 13, 2023
Pesticide application continued

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by willybaby(m): 12:41am On Sep 14, 2023
Good one OP, winfarmz Benue State Nigeria we are currently cultivating 5ht beniseed for the season. Your farm is beautiful

5 Likes

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Esude007: 4:49pm On Sep 14, 2023
willybaby:
Good one OP, winfarmz Benue State Nigeria we are currently cultivating 5ht beniseed for the season. Your farm is beautiful
thanks .. God will help us all...

6 Likes

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Esude007: 5:45pm On Sep 15, 2023
Blooming stage

5 Likes

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by gidjah(m): 8:12pm On Sep 15, 2023
You mean your sesame is already producing flowers at Sept 14 ?? When did you plant yours sir ?,it's basically planted between Aug Ending and20th Sept around Benue, Nass and FCT. So I really need to know your planting season in Kogi state. Planted mine at about Auguat 25th and it's still teething ,I am even one of the very few first to do that on this axis as we fear for the rains ,...it could just stop causing serious loss or even increase(just like last year here that led to serious flooding away of our rice ,beans and even millet /guinea corn) and become a nuisance so we watch properly and take calculated risk.I also love your courage and strength sir, from small level to 10HCT !!wao ! I wnvy you bro,plenty money in your bank ACCT. I hope to be posted to a place like yours, then hoping to go mega just like You o !. The price per bag over there seem same here too. Ride On Bro,God Bles U .

5 Likes

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Esude007: 8:46pm On Sep 15, 2023
Thanks bro.., I planted this section August 2nd, sesame can be planted twice a year sef .. y we choose to plant in August is because water makes it go rancid... Thanks for the prayer bro... God will bless us all... [ kissquote author=gidjah post=125815529]You mean your sesame is already producing flowers at Sept 14 ?? When did you plant yours sir ?,it's basically planted between Aug Ending and20th Sept around Benue, Nass and FCT. So I really need to know your planting season in Kogi state. Planted mine at about Auguat 25th and it's still teething ,I am even one of the very few first to do that on this axis as we fear for the rains ,...it could just stop causing serious loss or even increase(just like last year here that led to serious flooding away of our rice ,beans and even millet /guinea corn) and become a nuisance so we watch properly and take calculated risk.I also love your courage and strength sir, from small level to 10HCT !!wao ! I wnvy you bro,plenty money in your bank ACCT. I hope to be posted to a place like yours, then hoping to go mega just like You o !. The price per bag over there seem same here too. Ride On Bro,God Bles U .[/quote]

3 Likes

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by bull67: 7:11am On Sep 16, 2023
Esude007:
Currently, there are 26 sesame-growing states in Nigeria; some of these include Ebonyi, Delta, Jigawa, Bauchi, Nassarawa, Benue and Taraba. The market for sesame seeds is quite vast with Japan and China as the major importers of these seeds. Countries like Turkey, India, Poland and Netherlands have also traded with Nigeria in the past.
how about ogun state?
Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Esude007: 9:14am On Sep 16, 2023
bull67:
how about ogun state?
hmmm...I don't think it can be cultivated in south west

1 Like

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by bizzibodi(m): 4:07pm On Sep 16, 2023
Nice job...but this broadcasting methods won't it makes weeding difficult?

1 Like

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Esude007: 7:07am On Sep 17, 2023
bizzibodi:
Nice job...but this broadcasting methods won't it makes weeding difficult?
I use chemical to weed... Gallant super for post emergence

1 Like

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Mrdellychy: 10:19pm On Sep 17, 2023
Esude007:
I use chemical to weed... Gallant super for post emergence

You are doing well OP. Following with keen interest, great and educative thread. I am 100% novice in sesame arena. I have lots of questions to ask you.
1. What is the avg weight of the bag that sells for 150k?
2. Someone mentioned grade 1 sesame, what is the yardstick for the grading? Or how do you ensure your produce comes out with good grade?
3. Is it also used in preparing soup like Egusi?
4. How is it harvested?.
5. Does it also need peeling/de-husking like melon/rice?
Cc: willybaby

3 Likes

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Mrdellychy: 10:27pm On Sep 17, 2023
Esude007:
Scouting was done, as I discover worm infestation... Pesticide application commenced immediately

Caterpillar force handles worm family better. You can add it to your insecticide. That's is the method we normally use to combat armyworm in our maize plantation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Mrdellychy: 10:31pm On Sep 17, 2023
Esude007:
Today, I commenced scouting,I noticed leaf blight, so I am spraying fungicide tomorrow.

This looks more like burns from urea application.

1 Like

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Mrdellychy: 11:02pm On Sep 17, 2023
MrPRevailer:

False alarmist! Glyphosate is not pesticide, it is not sprayed directly on crops/plants rather it's a weed killer/herbicide sprayed on weeds before planting/broadcasting your crops.

I do not condemn organic approach, the fact remains no nation can address food security with 100% organic approach. Those who grow thousands of acres of corn and rice, do you expect them to weed manually? Let's stop being hypocritical. The only route to those health risk you listed is when the chemicals are abused. They are not to be used raw, dilution ratio is always specified. There are normal application dosages prescribed on their label which can pose little or no harm to humans. It is not about chemical alone, excess of everything is bad, even sugar, salts intake and the likes can pose serious health risk on human too. Shalom.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Esude007: 3:09pm On Sep 20, 2023
Seed production stage... Today makes it 48 days

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Bush Meats From My Farms / Duck Farming: Let's Journey Together / My Vegetable Garden Is Under Attack: Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.