Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,393 members, 7,815,840 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:17 PM

Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) - Agriculture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) (45756 Views)

Local Chicken Farming A New Oil Money. / Snail Farming, The Untaped Gold Mine / Organic Poultry Farming - The Use Of Spices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by gunners160(m): 10:52am On Oct 05, 2023
Esude007:
I got pesticide and fungicide for application... Also attached is pictures of production progress....
We use best here..... Some people don't use it at all. Here in the North, beeni seed grows very very well. A
Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by gunners160(m): 10:58am On Oct 05, 2023
ugoadudu:

There's a stream near my land. If I irrigate, will that be okay?
I want to start the sesame farming. I'll need the seeds, fertilizers etc. Can you walk me through? I'm ready to start now.
don't even try it .... Beeni seed does not even need water.... Look for a place that is well drain....

For the chemicals.. u need perfect killer during planting. The reason is to avoid insect from picking it

U need herbecide. Weed grusher, paraforce, para-q can serve ( howere this are all sharp sharp)
U can go for sunphosate or realsat ( if you want delay chemical) they are slow but very effective
Then for the fertilizer jus buy NPK ( I have forgotten the local name will get back to u latte). Pls note u don't need much fertilizer just small is enough too much if it will affect the growth ...
Finally u need best... The best is for controlling pest and insect once they are in the flowering stage.....

Lastly beeniseed hates too much water

3 Likes

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by YoshihideSuga: 1:38pm On Oct 05, 2023
gunners160:

1. Beeniseed is very very tiny and small so before you go full one bag ehn you go suffer. You will see a very large hectare of land full of beeniseed but after harvesting you can end up getting half a bag or just one bag.

2. The reason why I said you need to farm gnut first is becos most people plant g nut before beeniseed. G nut is mostly planted March or early April while beeni is planted September/ late August. So once u have harvested your g nut, u can make money from the g nut u planted and use the same farmland u use for g nut for ur beeni seed; this will save u money for tilling the ground and also save you labour.
Lastly, g nut serves a manure for beeniseed
Anywhere u plant g nut and u put beeniseed, it does very very well.
Infact most especially if you plant it instead of broadcasting

Thank you for your response. So, na to get an army of suppliers aka outgrowers then.
Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Esude007: 2:06pm On Oct 06, 2023
gunners160:
We use best here..... Some people don't use it at all. Here in the North, beeni seed grows very very well. A
that's y u always complain of not getting anything from hectares of land ... How can u plant 1 hectare of beniseed and not get a bag?.... I planted 2 mudu last year and got a bag... Ur Agronomic practices is bad... That's y....

1 Like

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by YoshihideSuga: 5:35pm On Oct 06, 2023
Esude007:
that's y u always complain of not getting anything from hectares of land ... How can u plant 1 hectare of beniseed and not get a bag?.... I planted 2 mudu last year and got a bag... Ur Agronomic practices is bad... That's y....

Interesting perspective. So what's the best agronomic practice? Please describe the shape of this Mudu. Custard rubber used to measure rice in the market?
Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Esude007: 5:40pm On Oct 06, 2023
YoshihideSuga:

Interesting perspective. So what's the best agronomic practice? Please describe the shape of this Mudu. Custard rubber used to measure rice in the market?
custard rubber is more than a mudu... I will place the agronomic practice later
Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Esude007: 5:41pm On Oct 06, 2023
YoshihideSuga:

a mudu in my place is like 1kg
Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by gunners160(m): 7:44pm On Oct 06, 2023
Esude007:
:' I made use of best last year and I am using it this year for my beans. However, the use of best is to control insecticide and it only used when there are signs of attack on the beeniseed.However, the rate of pest attack here is very very very small unlike other places . That is why I said some people don't make use of best and they have good yield.. ....

Pls be specific with ur mudu. If it is Nigeria Mudu, u can never get a bag of beeniseed from two Mudu. I mean never and never get a bag of beeniseed from it....... How I wish I did not delete the image of my beeniseed farm, u will see how tall it is; I only have anl image of my g nut farm and beans farm.......
Farming is what we do here and what we are born into... Ask of Gassol local government, in Taraba State... Then u will knw that in Nigeria, we are among the highest growers of beeniseed in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Esude007: 9:56pm On Oct 06, 2023
gunners160:
:' I made use of best last year and I am using it this year for my beans. However, the use of best is to control insecticide and it only used when there are signs of attack on the beeniseed.However, the rate of pest attack here is very very very small unlike other places . That is why I said some people don't make use of best and they have good yield.. ....

Pls be specific with ur mudu. If it is Nigeria Mudu, u can never get a bag of beeniseed from two Mudu. I mean never and never get a bag of beeniseed from it....... How I wish I did not delete the image of my beeniseed farm, u will see how tall it is; I only have anl image of my g nut farm and beans farm.......
Farming is what we do here and what we are born into... Ask of Gassol local government, in Taraba State... Then u will knw that in Nigeria, we are among the highest growers of beeniseed in Nigeria
smiles... Gunner my man.... In agriculture, no body be champion o... What I expected u to ask is... HOW U TAKE DO AM.... crops are like ladies, if u take good care of them, they will give birth to healthy babies.... I will upload a picture with this my comment, in that picture, I planted 4 milk cup of Sesame.... I go dey update u how e dey go... Make I shock u.... By the way, taraba dey try, but una still dey learn.

1 Like

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Esude007: 10:00pm On Oct 06, 2023
Now check that picture.... U see say dey babe body dey yellow for some side ba.... She dey try tell me say she need Nitrogen.... Now i go give am.... And guess what, she go use babies scatter my dada... Learn how to communicate with crops.... No be to just plant everywhere.... The question is, u fit take kia of the babe??

1 Like

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by YoshihideSuga: 11:54pm On Oct 06, 2023
Esude007:
custard rubber is more than a mudu... I will place the agronomic practice later

OK. I look forward to it.
Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by trekkie: 4:47am On Oct 07, 2023
Smkal:
i have a good seed if you need any
Hello please I need seed. White preferably but others will do too. If you don’t mind sha you can drop the price here and how much to get it to yobe
Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by YoshihideSuga: 4:09pm On Oct 07, 2023
gunners160:
:' I made use of best last year and I am using it this year for my beans. ....

If you guys are really into sesame seed production on a large scale, I am interested in investing in the area. Not now though, but in the future. So, I'll follow you so I can keep in touch.

P.S. Jigawa state is the major producer of sesame seeds.
Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by gunners160(m): 5:01pm On Oct 07, 2023
YoshihideSuga:

If you guys are really into sesame seed production on a large scale, I am interested in investing in the area. Not now though, but in the future. So, I'll follow you so I can keep in touch.

P.S. Jigawa state is the major producer of sesame seeds.
. No issue sir..... Till when u are ready....
Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Draconian: 10:01pm On Oct 08, 2023
Hello, Esude007

I must say that you have inspired me to take up this task of setting up a sesame farmland in Benue. I would like to keep in touch with you on this project and would like to have your number so that we can have a private conversation that would be more elaborate.

I really commend you for what you are doing and it makes me very optimistic.
Esude007:
Now check that picture.... U see say dey babe body dey yellow for some side ba.... She dey try tell me say she need Nitrogen.... Now i go give am.... And guess what, she go use babies scatter my dada... Learn how to communicate with crops.... No be to just plant everywhere.... The question is, u fit take kia of the babe??

1 Like

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Esude007: 6:28am On Oct 09, 2023
Draconian:
Hello, Esude007

I must say that you have inspired me to take up this task of setting up a sesame farmland in Benue. I would like to keep in touch with you on this project and would like to have your number so that we can have a private conversation that would be more elaborate.

I really commend you for what you are doing and it makes me very optimistic.
thanks.. u can chat me up... Looking forward to chatting with u
Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by YoshihideSuga: 2:38pm On Oct 09, 2023
Esude007:

I was looking at the global market and got confused by the weighing metrics. I ask, how many bags makes a ton of sesame seeds? How does this bag of sesame seeds looks like, bag of cement or garri?

Cc: gunners160
Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Draconian: 8:17pm On Oct 09, 2023
How do I chat you up?
Esude007:
Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Esude007: 10:06pm On Oct 09, 2023
Draconian:
How do I chat you up?
check my profile
Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Esude007: 6:58am On Oct 13, 2023
Gunners160... My garden is 59 days old..stay tuned... Spraying pheromone to attract more polinators... cool cool cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Esude007: 7:02am On Oct 13, 2023
This is the main farm... Massive yield.... Mid bloom stage.

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Watcharena: 9:02am On Oct 13, 2023
This thing fit reach harvest within 3 to 4 weeks Time
Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Esude007: 11:49am On Oct 13, 2023
Watcharena:
This thing fit reach harvest within 3 to 4 weeks Time
4 weeks maximum

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by gunners160(m): 12:40pm On Oct 13, 2023
Esude007:
Gunners160... My garden is 59 days old..stay tuned... Spraying pheromone to attract more polinators... cool cool cool
Beautiful. I will start spraying my beans tomorrow. Insect wan kill ham and those people I called to weed them are making me angry
Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Esude007: 12:57pm On Oct 13, 2023
gunners160:

Beautiful. I will start spraying my beans tomorrow. Insect wan kill ham and those people I called to weed them are making me angry
use Cypermetrin na

1 Like

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Esude007: 2:30pm On Oct 15, 2023
This section is 60 days old

2 Likes

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by gunners160(m): 8:29pm On Oct 15, 2023
Esude007:
This section is 60 days old
they are growing well.However, If u have anoda set of beeniseed that is still growing and yet to produce fruit, reduce the space..... Try transplanting them..... It is a bit choked up and it might affect ur yield..
Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Esude007: 8:37pm On Oct 15, 2023
gunners160:
they are growing well.However, If u have anoda set of beeniseed that is still growing and yet to produce fruit, reduce the space..... Try transplanting them..... It is a bit choked up and it might affect ur yield..
hmmm... Transplanting... I will try that tomorrow...
Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by gunners160(m): 9:02pm On Oct 15, 2023
Esude007:
hmmm... Transplanting... I will try that tomorrow...
ok. You will see that the yield is different from others.
When u transplant, the beeniseed has room to breathe and grow very very tall without too much competition.
Thanks for ur advice, i got the chemical
Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Esude007: 2:01pm On Oct 16, 2023
gunners160:
ok. You will see that the yield is different from others.
When u transplant, the beeniseed has room to breathe and grow very very tall without too much competition.
Thanks for ur advice, i got the chemical
yes boss
Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Esude007: 7:15am On Oct 17, 2023
Late bloom stage... Soon, all the leaves will fall off...

2 Likes

Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by Esude007: 11:34am On Oct 18, 2023
Pesticide application... Duty calls... Men mount!!!!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Bush Meats From My Farms / Duck Farming: Let's Journey Together / My Vegetable Garden Is Under Attack: Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.