Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,693 members, 7,831,150 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:31 PM

Yorubas Started Nollywood, Own It —Aisha Lawal, Actress And Scriptwriter - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Yorubas Started Nollywood, Own It —Aisha Lawal, Actress And Scriptwriter (35745 Views)

David Hundeyin Responds To Aisha Lawal After Claiming Yoruba Started Nollywood / Actress And Influencer Evanny Patrick Dazzles At 'glamour Girls' Premier In Abuj / #bbnaija: Yorubas Disown Tobi For Begging Cee-c Who Got Angry Over Lap Dance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yorubas Started Nollywood, Own It —Aisha Lawal, Actress And Scriptwriter by igwebuike01: 1:28am On Aug 27, 2023
Raskimonojendor:

Lagosians know them. Maybe Ibo boys from the hinterland do not know them 🤣🤣🤣
But Mr raw was national hit even in the North

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Started Nollywood, Own It —Aisha Lawal, Actress And Scriptwriter by opamoses1: 1:30am On Aug 27, 2023
Raskimonojendor:

Lagosians know them. Maybe Ibo boys from the hinterland do not know them. You can see AIT on the video. You probably don't even know what AIT is
🤣🤣🤣
It's obvious he is an Indomie generation guy or he grew up in the village. Likely both.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Started Nollywood, Own It —Aisha Lawal, Actress And Scriptwriter by igwebuike01: 1:32am On Aug 27, 2023
Raskimonojendor:

You are confused. Idris started rap his broken English rap also around 99/2000.

You are jumping around like an headless chicken.
1st you said indigenous, I gave you indigenous, now you have gone to broken English rap.

Rugged man is a baby that came much later with his American style copy type of rap. Even at that, da tribes were earlier than rugged man when it comes to American copy style of rap.

I feel I am discussing with a baby in the Nigerian hip hop arena grin
I was talking about Nigeria rap in general. Idris and ruggeman are the people known to start modern naija hip hop rap. Then later, rapping in indegenous language followed. Idris later went indegenous with Serikin Kano. And ruggeman also folowed with uwa Wu paw paw featuring 2shots and Mr Raw
Re: Yorubas Started Nollywood, Own It —Aisha Lawal, Actress And Scriptwriter by igwebuike01: 1:33am On Aug 27, 2023
opamoses1:

It's obvious he is an Indomie generation guy or he grew up in the village. Likely both.
So my father should come and tell you igbo raps before you were born too?
Re: Yorubas Started Nollywood, Own It —Aisha Lawal, Actress And Scriptwriter by Raskimonojendor: 1:34am On Aug 27, 2023
opamoses1:

100%.

10 Likes

Re: Yorubas Started Nollywood, Own It —Aisha Lawal, Actress And Scriptwriter by igwebuike01: 1:38am On Aug 27, 2023
Raskimonojendor:

100%.
No be two minutes browsing you de use bring up garbages?
Re: Yorubas Started Nollywood, Own It —Aisha Lawal, Actress And Scriptwriter by Raskimonojendor: 1:40am On Aug 27, 2023
igwebuike01:

I was talking about Nigeria rap in general. Idris and ruggeman are the people known to start modern naija hip hop rap. Then later, rapping in indegenous language followed. Idris later went indegenous with Serikin Kano. And ruggeman also folowed with uwa Wu paw paw featuring 2shots and Mr Raw
Says who?
We are just going around in circles.

Please, Go and watch the below on Netflix.

10 Likes

Re: Yorubas Started Nollywood, Own It —Aisha Lawal, Actress And Scriptwriter by igwebuike01: 1:41am On Aug 27, 2023
opamoses1:

And you think no igbo equivalent of your old skul yoruba rap? In this indomie generation da grin is the first yoruba rapper
Re: Yorubas Started Nollywood, Own It —Aisha Lawal, Actress And Scriptwriter by Raskimonojendor: 1:42am On Aug 27, 2023
igwebuike01:

No be two minutes browsing you de use bring up garbages?
Ranting of an Indomie generation pikin.. I am sure that you don't even know the Nigerian rapper in that Netflix screenshot above grin

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Started Nollywood, Own It —Aisha Lawal, Actress And Scriptwriter by igwebuike01: 1:43am On Aug 27, 2023
Raskimonojendor:

Says who?

I'm talking about rap. Stop confusing yourself with two minutes Google search
Re: Yorubas Started Nollywood, Own It —Aisha Lawal, Actress And Scriptwriter by Raskimonojendor: 1:43am On Aug 27, 2023
igwebuike01:

And you think no igbo equivalent of your old skul yoruba rap? In this indomie generation da grin is the first yoruba rapper
🤣🤣🤣🤣

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Started Nollywood, Own It —Aisha Lawal, Actress And Scriptwriter by GoodLife4live: 1:43am On Aug 27, 2023
igwebuike01:

Was it recorded and produced for Mass distribution? Oga una lack business sense. Na we be the first to record film. Iweka Road Onitsha
u dey talk the thing wey u no know..

First English movie record is in 1982... Name CI5.. Collaboration of nigeria actors and English actors...

Joke Silva husband took the leading roll..

Then nothing like nollywood..

First Yoruba recorded film was in the 1983... by same Herbert ogunde...

2) was in 1985 by shola ishow pepper

3) AGUBI ARO IN 1985

4) ORUN MORUN IN 1987

5) AJE NIYA MI IN 1990..

6) LIVING IN BONDAGE between 1990 to 1995..

7 ) KOTO AYE WAS TELEVISION SERIES BUT LATER BECAME A RECORDED MOVIE..in 90's

FEYIN KOGBON IN CHANNELS NTA 10 , 8 AND 7 THEN BUT WAS A TELEVISED PROGRAM STARTED IN 1986

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Started Nollywood, Own It —Aisha Lawal, Actress And Scriptwriter by opamoses1: 1:45am On Aug 27, 2023
igwebuike01:

This boy is indeed very confused.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Started Nollywood, Own It —Aisha Lawal, Actress And Scriptwriter by igwebuike01: 1:46am On Aug 27, 2023
GoodLife4live:
u dey talk the thing wey u no know..

First English movie record is in 1982... Name CI5.. Collaboration of nigeria actors and English actors...

Joke Silva husband took the leading roll..

Then nothing like nollywood..

First Yoruba record film was in the 1983... Recorded by same Herbert ogunde...

2) was in 1985 by shola ishow pepper

3) AGUBI ARO IN 1985

4) ORUN MORUN IN 1987

5) AJE NIYA MI IN 1990..

6) LIVING IN BONDAGE IN 1995..

7 ) KOTO AYE WAS TELEVISION SERIES BUT LATER BECAME A RECORDED MOVIE..

FEYIN KOGBON IN CHANNELS NTA 10 , 8 AND 7 THEN BUT WAS A TELEVISED PROGRAM STARTED IN 1986

You said nothing like nollywood then. So what's your point again? Igbos formed nollywood doesn't mean there were no acting before. Igbos started commercial production of home videos

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Started Nollywood, Own It —Aisha Lawal, Actress And Scriptwriter by opamoses1: 1:46am On Aug 27, 2023
Raskimonojendor:

Ranting of an Indomie generation pikin.. I am sure that you don't even know the Nigerian rapper in that Netflix screenshot above grin
How would he know. I am very sure he wasn't yet born when that yoruba lady released her first hip hop rap track in 1996.

14 Likes

Re: Yorubas Started Nollywood, Own It —Aisha Lawal, Actress And Scriptwriter by Raskimonojendor: 1:49am On Aug 27, 2023
opamoses1:

How would he know. I am very sure he wasn't yet born when that yoruba lady released her first hip hop rap track in 1996.
Honestly, I just wasted my time going back and forth with that village boy grin

11 Likes

Re: Yorubas Started Nollywood, Own It —Aisha Lawal, Actress And Scriptwriter by igwebuike01: 1:49am On Aug 27, 2023
Raskimonojendor:

🤣🤣🤣🤣
1999 to 2009 no yoruba raps in between and you think both are same category of music. Even Oliver De coque has a Rap Track called "Social man" but I'm talking about contemporary naija hip hop
Re: Yorubas Started Nollywood, Own It —Aisha Lawal, Actress And Scriptwriter by igwebuike01: 1:50am On Aug 27, 2023
opamoses1:

And no Igbo lady was releasing her own that time?
Re: Yorubas Started Nollywood, Own It —Aisha Lawal, Actress And Scriptwriter by igwebuike01: 1:51am On Aug 27, 2023
Raskimonojendor:

Old papa. We are talking about modern hip hop.
Re: Yorubas Started Nollywood, Own It —Aisha Lawal, Actress And Scriptwriter by igwebuike01: 1:53am On Aug 27, 2023
Raskimonojendor:

Says who?

Imagine, Paul play dairo? You really think there were no igbo equivalent of those generation?
Re: Yorubas Started Nollywood, Own It —Aisha Lawal, Actress And Scriptwriter by GoodLife4live: 2:04am On Aug 27, 2023
igwebuike01:

You said nothing like nollywood then. So what's your point again? Igbos formed nollywood doesn't mean there were no acting before
bros . Do your research very well...

Their is one video film in 1988.. which media and all nigeria film makers agreed is the major starter of nollywood movie was in 1988.. by a Yoruba man ...
Then another video film call KEKERE EKUN BY ALADE AROMIRE...

This movie was the reason Kenneth produce living in bondage in 1992...

Living in bondage had breakthrough than them... It was well recognized between the sundry of west africa ..

In 1993...
The industry was named nollywood by a journalist on city peoples magazine...

Kenneth an igboman transformed the movie industry... Not the first to started the recording of movies in Nigeria.... It was the breakthrough of living in bondage that metamorphosed the name of the industry to nollywood by a city peoples magazine journalist in 1993

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Started Nollywood, Own It —Aisha Lawal, Actress And Scriptwriter by Ritchiee: 2:10am On Aug 27, 2023
igwebuike01:

You said nothing like nollywood then. So what's your point again? Igbos formed nollywood doesn't mean there were no acting before. Igbos started commercial production of home videos
So those ones above were not commercial?
They were produced and kept in the cupboard grin
Either commercial or whatever,Yorubas are the pioneers and they have the highest selling movies ever in Nigeria.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yorubas Started Nollywood, Own It —Aisha Lawal, Actress And Scriptwriter by igwebuike01: 2:11am On Aug 27, 2023
Raskimonojendor:

You think there were no localized old skul igbo raps too. I remember my uncle playing songs where there were rapping about "nkwu ocha" ( palm wine) in the early 90s. I don't even know the name of the artists. Many such childhood old skul raps, you people take too much advantage of Lagos influence to claim a lot of things. Na that my uncle suppose come finish you. I'm talking about modern naija hip hop. Present generation of yorubas think that phyno is first igbo rapper just because others didn't move to Lagos that's my point. Not about your 18 century Lagos rap. Others also had their own at the same period
Re: Yorubas Started Nollywood, Own It —Aisha Lawal, Actress And Scriptwriter by igwebuike01: 2:13am On Aug 27, 2023
Ritchiee:

Either commercial or whatever,Yorubas are the pioneers and they have the highest selling movies ever in Nigeria.
Yorubas are catching up since introduction of streaming, that's exactly what the interview said.
Re: Yorubas Started Nollywood, Own It —Aisha Lawal, Actress And Scriptwriter by igwebuike01: 2:15am On Aug 27, 2023
GoodLife4live:
bros . Do your research very well...

Their is one video film in 1988.. which media and all nigeria film makers agreed is the major starter of nollywood movie was in 1988.. by a Yoruba man ...
Then another video film call KEKERE EKUN BY ALADE AROMIRE...

This movie was the reason Kenneth produce living in bondage in 1992...

Living in bondage had breakthrough than them... It was well recognized between the sundry of west africa ..

In 1993...
The industry was named nollywood by a journalist on city peoples magazine...

Kenneth an igboman transformed the movie industry... Not the first to started the recording of movies in Nigeria.... It was the breakthrough of living in bondage that metamorphosed the name of the industry to nollywood by a city peoples magazine journalist in 1993
We are saying the same thing. The commercial success of igbo movie lead to the Nollywood coinage. Not that there were no movies before. Therefore Igbos founded nollywood

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Started Nollywood, Own It —Aisha Lawal, Actress And Scriptwriter by igwebuike01: 2:19am On Aug 27, 2023
Ritchiee:

Guy, living in bondage is first Nollywood movie. Maybe not first movie but first nollywood movie. Get the point. Nollywood is not about movie alone but the commercialization which Igbos started
Re: Yorubas Started Nollywood, Own It —Aisha Lawal, Actress And Scriptwriter by Solsix(m): 2:24am On Aug 27, 2023
Babaken:
Who dey drag am with Una, una think say na everytime person dey get time dey argue for waiten no get head.
I tire
Re: Yorubas Started Nollywood, Own It —Aisha Lawal, Actress And Scriptwriter by GoodLife4live: 2:33am On Aug 27, 2023
igwebuike01:

We are saying the same thing. The commercial success of igbo movie lead to the Nollywood coinage. Not that there were no movies before. Therefore Igbos founded nollywood
Igbo did not founded nollywood... There were mass production recorded movies in Yoruba language since 1982... The most breakthrough the yoruba movies had then was in 1988 and 1989 .. movie title.. soso by Mr adegoke and ekun by ALADE AROMIRE

Nollywood name coised by a Yoruba journalist from city people magazine when he was interviewing ALADE AROMIRE not Kenneth

In another weekend edition...the journalist , in his colum when he wanted to talk about nigeria movie industry he called it nollyhood...

But living in bondage success in 1992

11 Likes

Re: Yorubas Started Nollywood, Own It —Aisha Lawal, Actress And Scriptwriter by igwebuike01: 2:36am On Aug 27, 2023
GoodLife4live:
Igbo did not founded nollywood... There were mass production recorded movies in Yoruba language since 1982... The most breakthrough the yoruba movies had then was in 1988 and 1989 .. movie title.. soso by Mr adegoke and ekun by ALADE AROMIRE

Nollywood name coised by a Yoruba journalist from city people magazine when he was interviewing ALADE AROMIRE not Kenneth

In another weekend edition...the journalist , in his colum when he wanted to talk about nigeria movie industry he called it nollyhood...

But living in bondage success in 1992
Haha, it's not about the tribe of the journalist, the coinage followed the commercial success of living in bondage. Other movies before May belong to Yorubawood, not Nollywood

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Started Nollywood, Own It —Aisha Lawal, Actress And Scriptwriter by igwebuike01: 2:40am On Aug 27, 2023
Ritchiee:

Highest streaming is not the only criteria to judge. Yoruba Lagos movies appeal to urban population who are internet savvy. Igbo epic movies for uneducated rural people show more on African Magic

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Started Nollywood, Own It —Aisha Lawal, Actress And Scriptwriter by GoodLife4live: 2:42am On Aug 27, 2023
igwebuike01:

we are not saying the same thing..

The pioneer are different from the breakthrough...

The pioneers are yorubas

Herbert in 1982
Agubiaro in 1985
Soso ...by adegoke in 1988

Ekun in 1989 by ALADE AROMIRE

Taxi driver by ishow people in 1986

Those are the pioneers..

The breakthrough of the industry

1992 living in BONDAGE by Kenneth an igboman

1993 a Yoruba man from City people magazine from his colum about growing of nigeria movies in other Africa coised the name to nollyhood...

5 Likes

Re: Yorubas Started Nollywood, Own It —Aisha Lawal, Actress And Scriptwriter by igwebuike01: 2:46am On Aug 27, 2023
GoodLife4live:
we are not saying the same thing..

The pioneer are different from the breakthrough...

The pioneers are yorubas

Herbert in 1982
Agubiaro in 1985
Soso ...by adegoke in 1988

Ekun in 1989 by ALADE AROMIRE

Taxi driver by ishow people in 1986

Those are the pioneers..

The breakthrough of the industry

1992 living in BONDAGE by Kenneth an igboman

1993 a Yoruba man from City people magazine from his colum about growing of nigeria movies in other Africa coised the name into nollyhood...

Those are Cinema movies, that's why it had no commercial success. Nollywood was coined when Igbos commercialized movie making. Igbos founded nollywood

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

BBNaija: Tunde Ednut Blasts Tacha For Failing To Define "Characteristics" / BBNaija: Tacha Fights Mike, Insults Him (Photos) / Rita Dominic And Ramsey Nouah Star In New Movie About 1976 Coup D'etat [PICS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.