Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,673 members, 7,816,760 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:37 PM

Yorubas Started Nollywood, Own It —Aisha Lawal, Actress And Scriptwriter - TV/Movies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Yorubas Started Nollywood, Own It —Aisha Lawal, Actress And Scriptwriter (35490 Views)

David Hundeyin Responds To Aisha Lawal After Claiming Yoruba Started Nollywood / Actress And Influencer Evanny Patrick Dazzles At 'glamour Girls' Premier In Abuj / #bbnaija: Yorubas Disown Tobi For Begging Cee-c Who Got Angry Over Lap Dance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yorubas Started Nollywood, Own It —Aisha Lawal, Actress And Scriptwriter by CSTRR: 8:22am On Aug 27, 2023
Naijaboy18:

The most tribalistic hateful people in Nigeria are Igbo and it’s not even close
I doubt it.

Only someone that does not closely study Nigeria would believe so.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Started Nollywood, Own It —Aisha Lawal, Actress And Scriptwriter by 90dbest: 8:32am On Aug 27, 2023
igwebuike01:

You think there were no localized old skul igbo raps too. I remember my uncle playing songs where there were rapping about "nkwu ocha" ( palm wine) in the early 90s. I don't even know the name of the artists. Many such childhood old skul raps, you people take too much advantage of Lagos influence to claim a lot of things. Na that my uncle suppose come finish you. I'm talking about modern naija hip hop. Present generation of yorubas think that phyno is first igbo rapper just because others didn't move to Lagos that's my point. Not about your 18 century Lagos rap. Others also had their own at the same period
Na you get time for Yoruba, they think Nigeria starts and ends in Lagos. Very clanish local champions. The same Nollywood they were crying out for Igbo domination is the one they claiming they started. When Nollywood was at its infancy they were mocking Igbo, calling it alaba production. As soon as it got better all of them wanted to reap where they didn't show. Envy and lies(propaganda)are they trade marks

5 Likes

Re: Yorubas Started Nollywood, Own It —Aisha Lawal, Actress And Scriptwriter by 90dbest: 8:47am On Aug 27, 2023
CSTRR:
It's in Yorubaland that you will see a professor of philosophy would tell you that he is voting for tinubu because he is a Yoruba man like him. grin

Character is none of his business as long as the candidate can speak the same language as him.
You remind me of an argument I had with one them. I told the fellow that average Yoruba doesn't have characters that favours scientific knowledge. Since science does not base on emotions or sentiments which Yoruba value more than fact, they believe in propaganda to advance any cause. Even the the so called educated one among them lacks intellectual integrity.

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas Started Nollywood, Own It —Aisha Lawal, Actress And Scriptwriter by Menclothing: 8:54am On Aug 27, 2023
Top 10 most grossing revenue films in cinema are this people consistently kudos
Re: Yorubas Started Nollywood, Own It —Aisha Lawal, Actress And Scriptwriter by Codeye(m): 8:55am On Aug 27, 2023
LagosPrince:
Yoruba started Nollywood yet, most Yoruba actors and actresses didn't break through the English version of Nollywood from baba suwe to Mr latin down to Femi adebayo.

The Igbos gave Nollywood life and since Yoruba actors and actresses couldn't break through the English version of Nollywood probably because there english sucks, Dem kuku create Nollywood Yoruba to console themselves.
If anything be proud of your native Language.
That is where your root is.
Love and speak Igbo Always, despite English being the general Language. Our primary Language are our native Language.
Yoruba had achieved a lot in these regard, speaking the language in their movies and music MUST be commendable.

9 Likes

Re: Yorubas Started Nollywood, Own It —Aisha Lawal, Actress And Scriptwriter by Padipadi(m): 8:56am On Aug 27, 2023
LagosPrince:
Yoruba started Nollywood yet, most Yoruba actors and actresses didn't break through the English version of Nollywood from baba suwe to Mr latin down to Femi adebayo.

The Igbos gave Nollywood life and since Yoruba actors and actresses couldn't break through the English version of Nollywood probably because there english sucks, Dem kuku create Nollywood Yoruba to console themselves.
You and Taylor90 are shameless to wherever clan you came from. Some things aren't meant to be debated.
But you are free to abuse me.
I ll lecture you on why you should drink sniper yet so that you can see more news about Yorubas making positive contribution to Nigeria, Africa and the world at large.

8 Likes

Re: Yorubas Started Nollywood, Own It —Aisha Lawal, Actress And Scriptwriter by Devil1Messenger: 8:56am On Aug 27, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

https://tribuneonlineng.com/yorubas-started-nollywood-own-it-aisha-lawal-actress-and-scriptwriter/
🤣🤣🤣
Na everything Yoruba start first🤣
Na inferiority complex dey worry una

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Started Nollywood, Own It —Aisha Lawal, Actress And Scriptwriter by Devil1Messenger: 8:57am On Aug 27, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Some people actually think that Nollywood started with 'Living In Bondage ' and 'Domitila'. Smh.

Aisha is even schooling them for free when they should be paying to recieve this kind of knowledge.

Everything about entertainment in Africa, from the first TV station to the first stadium etc, has its root in Ibadan, the heart of Yorubaland through the vision of our forebears. Thank you Aisha for the free education you are giving them.

Entertainment business is total package and it's bringing in billions into Nigeria through the Nigerian music, sports and film industry pioneered by the Yoruba and still owned by the Yoruba.

The chart bursting Nollywood films are produced in Yoruba but subtitled in English, Asake sings in Yoruba, all the Nigerian music Stars that performed at his UK show, including Tunde Baiyewu of Light House, are Nigerians and Yoruba with link to Nollywood. Most of those sound tracks in Yoruba films come from these Yoruba global Musicians.

Even Gospel musicians like Tope Alabi are connected to Nollywood while World Boxing Champion Anthony Joshua, World Athletics record-holder Tobi Amusan, along with Odunlade Adekola, Olamide, Teni and others are Glo Ambassadors, Iya Rainbow, Lateef Adedimeji, Dele Odule from Nollywood as Airtel Ambassadors, with their faces all over local and international Nigerian entertainment contents sponsorship.

Yoruba started Nollywood when the rest of Nigeria and Africa had not even seen or watched a TV in their lives and the Yoruba still own Nollywood till date.

The Yoruba can teach others in Nigeria and Africa how they sustain this global feat and dominance of entertainment if others are humble enough to learn from the Yoruba. We are all Nigerians/Africans and we can learn from one another.

Who dey follow u drag am?
Re: Yorubas Started Nollywood, Own It —Aisha Lawal, Actress And Scriptwriter by Devil1Messenger: 8:58am On Aug 27, 2023
Ola9ja23:
This people and their nonsense argument

We are proud of our Yoruba movies as it promotes our culture and heritage that's why you see many of them doing great on Netflix and attracting international attention. I can't remember any ibo movie on Netflix that gain attention as Yoruba language in Africa.

We don't need to brake into local English movie of IPOB 😂 the way we started our Afrobeat and Afromusic that's recognized internationally today is the way we want Yoruba movies from Africa to the world.

Yoruba is greater than Africa
Who dey ask u all these
Re: Yorubas Started Nollywood, Own It —Aisha Lawal, Actress And Scriptwriter by LagosPrince: 8:58am On Aug 27, 2023
Padipadi:

You and Taylor90 are shameless to wherever clan you came from. Some things aren't meant to be debated.
I ll lecture you on why you should drink sniper yet so that you can see more news about Yorubas making positive contribution to Nigeria, Africa and the world at large.
Tinubu is a drug baron and certificate forger . He's contributing positively to Nigeria .

Eran
Re: Yorubas Started Nollywood, Own It —Aisha Lawal, Actress And Scriptwriter by Tchinaidi(m): 8:59am On Aug 27, 2023
No Substitute for grinding igbo man.He breaths life into everything.I mean every fucking thing.Igbo nma nma nu

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Started Nollywood, Own It —Aisha Lawal, Actress And Scriptwriter by nedekid: 8:59am On Aug 27, 2023
Is anybody arguing with her?
Re: Yorubas Started Nollywood, Own It —Aisha Lawal, Actress And Scriptwriter by jaxxy(m): 8:59am On Aug 27, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Some people actually think that Nollywood started with 'Living In Bondage ' and 'Domitila'. Smh.

Aisha is even schooling them for free when they should be paying to recieve this kind of knowledge.

Everything about entertainment in Africa, from the first TV station to the first stadium etc, has its root in Ibadan, the heart of Yorubaland through the vision of our forebears. Thank you Aisha for the free education you are giving them.

Entertainment business is total package and it's bringing in billions into Nigeria through the Nigerian music, sports and film industry pioneered by the Yoruba and still owned by the Yoruba.

The chart bursting Nollywood films are produced in Yoruba but subtitled in English, Asake sings in Yoruba, all the Nigerian music Stars that performed at his UK show, including Tunde Baiyewu of Light House, are Nigerians and Yoruba with link to Nollywood. Most of those sound tracks in Yoruba films come from these Yoruba global Musicians.

Even Gospel musicians like Tope Alabi are connected to Nollywood while World Boxing Champion Anthony Joshua, World Athletics record-holder Tobi Amusan, along with Odunlade Adekola, Olamide, Teni and others are Glo Ambassadors, Iya Rainbow, Lateef Adedimeji, Dele Odule from Nollywood as Airtel Ambassadors, with their faces all over local and international Nigerian entertainment contents sponsorship.

Yoruba started Nollywood when the rest of Nigeria and Africa had not even seen or watched a TV in their lives and the Yoruba still own Nollywood till date.

The Yoruba can teach others in Nigeria and Africa how they sustain this global feat and dominance of entertainment if others are humble enough to learn from the Yoruba. We are all Nigerians/Africans and we can learn from one another.

una go dey explain tire because no evidence. na babasala be nollywood?

if u have sense u will know igbos started Nollywood In English and Yorubas were doing their own thing in Yoruba not English.

It was later merged together and the yorubas started joining the English movies which igbos started from onitsha iweka Road.

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas Started Nollywood, Own It —Aisha Lawal, Actress And Scriptwriter by Padipadi(m): 8:59am On Aug 27, 2023
LagosPrince:

Tinubu is a drug baron and certificate forger . He's contributing positively to Nigeria .

Eran
Ewure jele-jele, aguntan jemo-jemo. I don't know Tinubu or his clan. I m not his fan.
Face me man to man?
Tell me your family name, your state or tribe and I ll tell you what killed your ancestors. Some are klepto-leprouse!
Near me & smell your burnt body! 🔥

6 Likes

Re: Yorubas Started Nollywood, Own It —Aisha Lawal, Actress And Scriptwriter by Henry22(m): 9:00am On Aug 27, 2023
Babaken:
Who dey drag am with Una, una think say na everytime person dey get time dey argue for waiten no get head.

They are very useless that's why they always have time for useless and baseless arguments grin....
Re: Yorubas Started Nollywood, Own It —Aisha Lawal, Actress And Scriptwriter by Funkyswagzz(m): 9:00am On Aug 27, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

Most times I regret why I was born in Nigeria. Everything about this country not anywhere part of me. So much hatred among each other. So so sad

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Started Nollywood, Own It —Aisha Lawal, Actress And Scriptwriter by popesco123: 9:01am On Aug 27, 2023
it is not surprise to know that yoruba people have loud mouth. kudos for running your mouth

Ola9ja23:

We are proud of our Yoruba movies as it promotes our culture and heritage that's why you see many of them doing great on Netflix and attracting international attention. I can't remember any ibo movie on Netflix that gain attention as Yoruba language in Africa.

We don't need to brake into local English movie of IPOB 😂 the way we started our Afrobeat and Afromusic that's recognized internationally today is the way we want Yoruba movies from Africa to the world.

Re: Yorubas Started Nollywood, Own It —Aisha Lawal, Actress And Scriptwriter by Devil1Messenger: 9:01am On Aug 27, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Smh. Is that the lie they gave you? You don't know nada. Nollywood is the name given to Nigerian indigenous films industry. That means indigenous films by Nigerians, produced by Nigerians and transmitted to private homes and shown at cinema.

While you were hyping Living in Bondage in the east, several decades before then had been Nigerian films that were block busters that you never knew because such technology which had gained ground in Yorubaland had not reached the East. Nobody in the whole Eastern Nigeria has even seen let alone watch TV until later.

Television started in Yorubaland at a time the rest of Nigeria and Africa had never seen or watched TV! While the Yoruba were producing films and other contents for TV, the technology has not even reached your side and other parts of Africa.

It's completely fraudulent to now attempt to insinuate Nollywood started when you started watching TV long years later. The Yoruba films being beamed on TV then started Nollywood. You should be grateful to those Yoruba pace setters of Nollywood.
Olodo🤣🤣
See how u just happily write long episode.
Re: Yorubas Started Nollywood, Own It —Aisha Lawal, Actress And Scriptwriter by LagosPrince: 9:02am On Aug 27, 2023
Padipadi:

Ewure. I don't know Tinubu or his clan.
Face me man to man?
Tell me your family name, your state or tribe and I ll tell you what killed your ancestors.
who told you you're a man .

I can't face you man to man because you do not have what it takes to be a man

You're just a little boy below the food chain so go play with your mates .
Re: Yorubas Started Nollywood, Own It —Aisha Lawal, Actress And Scriptwriter by Espelbengz(m): 9:02am On Aug 27, 2023
Do you mean to say they annexed it and made it more like a home industry for kit and kin?

LagosPrince:

Re: Yorubas Started Nollywood, Own It —Aisha Lawal, Actress And Scriptwriter by Gustavowhite(m): 9:03am On Aug 27, 2023
There was a time Yoruba actors hated to be called Nollywood actors,they hate Nollywood that they said calling them Nollywood actors would be like they are Igbo actors,now they are claiming the same
Ok let’s settle the fact,if you have any non Nigerian -African friends,ask them who they know in the actors below
First is a top Yoruba actor and second are not even the most popular in Nollywood

Igbo Nollywood have the fan base not the Yorubawood that are limited to Oyo and Lagos

4 Likes

Re: Yorubas Started Nollywood, Own It —Aisha Lawal, Actress And Scriptwriter by Dshocker(m): 9:06am On Aug 27, 2023
Ola9ja23:

And you are part of the nonsense, from your write up...
Re: Yorubas Started Nollywood, Own It —Aisha Lawal, Actress And Scriptwriter by Tchinaidi(m): 9:06am On Aug 27, 2023
CSTRR:
There is a level that people from other tribes will get to in life and they would become sophisticated.

Tribalism in them would fade away.
They would say the truth as it is.

But not a Yoruba man or woman.

The higher they go in life, the higher the tribalism.

Education does not impact them in anyway.
When a Newspaper Editor called them Sophisticated morons.They all went bananas

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Started Nollywood, Own It —Aisha Lawal, Actress And Scriptwriter by Gangster1ms: 9:07am On Aug 27, 2023
Everything is competition with these yoruba people sef undecided
High blood pressure is real oo

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Started Nollywood, Own It —Aisha Lawal, Actress And Scriptwriter by Untube: 9:08am On Aug 27, 2023
Validated:
Abeg what is the title of the first Nollywood film by Yoruba? We know of living in bondage ooo.

Nollywood started from Oshogbo, formerly under Oyo state but now Osun State. The Yorubas started it no doubt, but we should not allow this divide us. We are brothers, and nothing should divide us. Yorubas, igbos and hausas/fulanis are one. We are Nigerians , and we should unite

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Started Nollywood, Own It —Aisha Lawal, Actress And Scriptwriter by emonis88: 9:09am On Aug 27, 2023
I said it bf Nairaland il destroy this country with tribal sentimental posts, d day what Nairaland has nurtured il start to blow over ,every Nigeria il see it n remember that Nairaland nurtured this tribal hatered. I rest my case.

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas Started Nollywood, Own It —Aisha Lawal, Actress And Scriptwriter by Holluwhakemmy(f): 9:09am On Aug 27, 2023
Yoruba lagba lojo kojo ni gba ku gba. Awa ni Omoluabi omo kaaro o jiire

6 Likes

Re: Yorubas Started Nollywood, Own It —Aisha Lawal, Actress And Scriptwriter by blakkydikky(m): 9:11am On Aug 27, 2023
LagosPrince:

English version of Nollywood? Which one is English version of Nollywood if you can tell me, please or is it the one Igbo's are doing you're calling the English version of Nollywood?
Re: Yorubas Started Nollywood, Own It —Aisha Lawal, Actress And Scriptwriter by brownroofpipuar: 9:12am On Aug 27, 2023
Own it yet most of their Nollywood movie star still dey treck.
Noise makers
Re: Yorubas Started Nollywood, Own It —Aisha Lawal, Actress And Scriptwriter by Beverlyjean(f): 9:14am On Aug 27, 2023
Ola9ja23:

Igbos built Nollywood... torubas no nothing about the business ... just like Genevieve opened una eyes for Netflix with lions heart b4 una run know say u can make money thru Netflix... just like obi emelionye made u guys know u can make money from the cinemas
Re: Yorubas Started Nollywood, Own It —Aisha Lawal, Actress And Scriptwriter by jaxxy(m): 9:15am On Aug 27, 2023
Padipadi:

nobody is disputing yorubas positive contribution to Nigeria or Nollywood. Yoruba speaking movies have excelled more than igbo speaking movies.

What some of us are saying is that the English speaking Nollywood movies was started and promoted bt igbos. These are facts.

Yoruba created Nollywood Yoruba obviously bt igbos created Nollywood English bt Nollywood igbos is lacking behind unlike the Yoruba version.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

I Would Rather Start New Life With BamBam Than Continue With My Baby Mama– Teddy / Cee-C's Family Reacts To Video Of Her Talking About Her Friend's Death / Uriel Becomes Payporte Fashion Ambassador (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.