Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,740 members, 7,827,728 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:54 PM

I'm SS (Victim Of Sickle-Cell Disease): Who Will Marry Me? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I'm SS (Victim Of Sickle-Cell Disease): Who Will Marry Me? (9637 Views)

I Like Guys That Dont Like Bj's, Anal. .I Will Marry You Without Thinking! / The Disease That Cannot Be Stopped By Condom -PHOTO- / Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm SS (Victim Of Sickle-Cell Disease): Who Will Marry Me? by Nobody: 8:22am On Oct 15, 2011
@op u are really arrogant, u sure do have attitude problem. u berra cool down else i am so sorry for u
Re: I'm SS (Victim Of Sickle-Cell Disease): Who Will Marry Me? by Nobody: 8:25am On Oct 15, 2011
be nice n u'l find what u are lookin for
Re: I'm SS (Victim Of Sickle-Cell Disease): Who Will Marry Me? by Tosinville(m): 8:39am On Oct 15, 2011
Why don't u stay single if this shitt is really bothering you.
Re: I'm SS (Victim Of Sickle-Cell Disease): Who Will Marry Me? by Ikroberts: 9:39am On Oct 15, 2011
Are you a man or a woman? so that i can patronize you.
Re: I'm SS (Victim Of Sickle-Cell Disease): Who Will Marry Me? by Nobody: 1:47pm On Oct 15, 2011
i tink wat u nid is sum1 wit AA blood group. I am gift, frm rivers state, a graduate of mechanical engineering goin 4 service by nov, my blood group is AA. I tink gtin married to u is not a problm coz my x gf had sickle cell nd we neva had prob coz of it. We brok up coz of she traveled out of nigeria. We can wrk tins out if u r reli nice
Re: I'm SS (Victim Of Sickle-Cell Disease): Who Will Marry Me? by ademolathe(m): 1:56pm On Oct 15, 2011
your case in not bad at all,but let your partner know before you guys go far.
When u compare ur case with that of a crippled hunchbacked man who is still looking for luv,then u'l know dat u still av plenty reasons to thank the Almighty
Cheer up !!!
Re: I'm SS (Victim Of Sickle-Cell Disease): Who Will Marry Me? by Babamide(m): 2:13pm On Oct 15, 2011
I believe your partner knows about your status but she's just waitin for you to tell her.
As for me, i'm honest about it from the start but i just don't like the fact that they pity me or try to want to be like my mum- have you taken your drugs, have you eaten, don't stress yourself etc.
Re: I'm SS (Victim Of Sickle-Cell Disease): Who Will Marry Me? by Nobody: 2:35pm On Oct 15, 2011
if you are a female you have more hope than if you are a male because males are emotionally stronger than females and also more loving. they are pillars on whom their women rest so it won't be a problem. there are many examples of this position of mine that i know. However, there are females that have these attributes of males and as such all hope is not lost. the key is continue to be honest.

this is what I think.
Re: I'm SS (Victim Of Sickle-Cell Disease): Who Will Marry Me? by nanidee(f): 2:35pm On Oct 15, 2011
@OP, first and foremost, I think you are being a little too harsh on some people. You need to ease up a little.

So, my answer to your question is yes!! There are people out there who know what love is. smiley
Re: I'm SS (Victim Of Sickle-Cell Disease): Who Will Marry Me? by dokkyelele(f): 2:39pm On Oct 15, 2011
@ poster, are u male or female? Answer the question and then we r talkin.
Re: I'm SS (Victim Of Sickle-Cell Disease): Who Will Marry Me? by kunmibola(m): 2:56pm On Oct 15, 2011
sleekch1c:

heck,i can almost swear i knw u. angry
and if i do,the problem is u and not your ailment.
u are too arrogant and annoying.u think the world revolves around u.all u do is talk and never listen lipsrsealed
heck,u ARE QUITE A HANDFUL.
if u arent whom i think it is,my apologies then. lipsrsealed

YES, way to arrogant and thats the problwem with them. Some of them are even too suspicious that they frustrate the life out of potential husbands.

My advice is that you forget the fact that you are a challenged person. See yourself as a normal human being and when a guy comes around, don't sare him with your condition but rather tell him its one of those things about you.
Re: I'm SS (Victim Of Sickle-Cell Disease): Who Will Marry Me? by Opoki(m): 3:07pm On Oct 15, 2011
Honestly you can't get anyone here if truely you want to get married but Can we chat about this?
lumiday@gmail.com
Re: I'm SS (Victim Of Sickle-Cell Disease): Who Will Marry Me? by freepeople: 3:13pm On Oct 15, 2011
[size=13pt]@OP. .are u a male or female? I have to be frank with you, I wont marry a female sickler, no matter how healthy she might look. My reason is simply. Female sicklers are fraught with obstetric complications. But if I'm a female with blood genotype AA. I wont mind marrying a sickler. I've seen sicklers that their conditions were diagnosed during pregnancy. In truth, you wont wish somebody you know to pass through such ordeal. Your health condition is truly pathetic. But life continues. I bet you'll meet somebody whose opinion differs from mine[/size]
Re: I'm SS (Victim Of Sickle-Cell Disease): Who Will Marry Me? by shadrach77: 3:41pm On Oct 15, 2011
confess these scriptures to yourself and begin to make bold steps with prayer

"I can do all things through Christ which strenghteneth me" - Phillipians 4:13

Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness. - Isaiah 41:10

For with God nothing shall be impossible. - Luke 1:37

pray and seek the face of God then make moves - it is well
Re: I'm SS (Victim Of Sickle-Cell Disease): Who Will Marry Me? by IbroSaunks(m): 4:20pm On Oct 15, 2011
i don't think the poster is being harsh, some people just tend to say really crappy stuff and it gets annoying,
@poster, only God can help u. as For me, i actually don't know if i would marry a sickler or not. if its down to rationality, its a definite no-no, but we all can't be rational all the time,
Re: I'm SS (Victim Of Sickle-Cell Disease): Who Will Marry Me? by cantell(m): 4:47pm On Oct 15, 2011
@op,
I can marry someone with SS if she's the love of my life, since my genotype abi na blood group is AA.
The only downside is that we might probably be sick at the same time very often.
Malaria dey manya me like mad!(AA levels na) Lol.
Re: I'm SS (Victim Of Sickle-Cell Disease): Who Will Marry Me? by Serendipity: 5:08pm On Oct 15, 2011
Some just see a topic and without having a glance of the previous responses and replies begin with their deluge of pontifications. Both relevant and irrelevant.
Some are still asking about the OP's sex whereas it is pellucid that he is male. (because he inferred it).

Having said the above,
I want to tell the OP that in reality his case is neither piteous nor pathetic.
There are countless number of women out there that are ready to marry you.
Just communicate your seriousness and plans to settle down.
In fact, without any flattery or being unctuous, YOU HAVE NO CASE, as you can easily settle down and raise healthy kids.
So all you need do is put it in prayers and meticulously search for a mate that is not interested in your dough.
I reiterate, there are many of them out there.
The Lord will guide you.
Good luck!
Re: I'm SS (Victim Of Sickle-Cell Disease): Who Will Marry Me? by juman(m): 6:00pm On Oct 15, 2011
nanidee:

@OP, first and foremost, I think you are being a little too harsh on some people. You need to ease up a little.

Back to your question, and assuming its real, I'll say YES, you can find true love, someone who'll love you enough to settle down with you.

Sometime ago, I dated a guy with the sickle cell disease, at first, he never told ♍e, but when he eventually did, iτ̅ didn't stop ♍e from loving him. The only problem was that I am AS, and so, iτ̅ seemed virtually impossible to settle down in marriage with him.

Yes, he was willing to damn the consequences, but I felt that was a very bad idea. I still remained in the relationship, hoping that somehow, a break through in science would come or just something, somehow, someway. sad

After about 2 years, wε broke up, and our break up never had anything to do with ♍e not loving him 4 who he was.

Now, he is married, and I am so happy for him.

So, my answer to your question is yes!! There are people out there who know what love is. smiley

@OP, Good luck to you.
Re: I'm SS (Victim Of Sickle-Cell Disease): Who Will Marry Me? by moreprof: 6:40pm On Oct 15, 2011
@OP: are you male or female?, if you are female then i am interested but i will like to know your age.
Re: I'm SS (Victim Of Sickle-Cell Disease): Who Will Marry Me? by nagoma(m): 7:05pm On Oct 15, 2011
@Poster;

You may be an expert in genetics but you obviously need some more counselling to help you come to terms with your genotype status . I am surprised that you call your self a victim, implying and action meant to destroy, sacrifice or harm you by someone or something. You are not a victim of anything. You just happen to be homozygous for the S mutation and therefore prone to react differently to certain stimuli and environments. ( you must stop describing yourself in these nagative words , disease, disorder, sufferer) be positive.
Regarding your question; it is important but not as important as you are implying. There are thousands or millions of people with perfect amino acid sequences in their genetic codes who I will never marry and I may just find the person I love to be with as a spouse for the rest of my life to be having the SS expression. Plese be yourself and you are not a victim.
Re: I'm SS (Victim Of Sickle-Cell Disease): Who Will Marry Me? by Nobody: 7:24pm On Oct 15, 2011
I have a friend who happened to be SS , he is happily married with kids, before he got married he had[b] crisis[/b] like crazy almost every month and got admitted, so when he got married with balance diet and rest of mind (apart from his wife wahala which any married man cannot escape), he has not been admitted fr the past 2yrs now,  how incredible!! we were just talking about it and he told me that, i was happy for him cos i knew what he went thru.

@op you ll be fine and as long as you declare your condition to your gf/bf from the beginning so he/she can get checked before you get serious and most of all when someone loves you, it doesnt matter what your blood condition is.na real love we dey talk about o
Re: I'm SS (Victim Of Sickle-Cell Disease): Who Will Marry Me? by awesomet1(m): 7:36pm On Oct 15, 2011
I can marry someone with SS so long as that person hasn't resigned to fate. God still heals! I dated someone with SS but it became complicated. The stigma of the disease sort of affected her mind and she found it difficult to believe  that someone could love her enough not to reject her later. She has grown to accept her condition and when I tried raising the issue of divine healing, it lead to a big fight between us. She said me telling her about healing made her feel as if she has a terminal disease and she doesn't want to feel that way. That means she has resigned to fate. She even told me that at times thinks of becoming a nun rather than marrying and bringing sorrow to someone's life. Truth be told, SS is no joke. I witnessed a crisis of hers and it's not something you can bear to see a loved one go through. It's HELL! But God is greater than any disease. So that's why I said I can marry an SS so long as she has not resigned to fate.
Re: I'm SS (Victim Of Sickle-Cell Disease): Who Will Marry Me? by executinal(m): 8:14pm On Oct 15, 2011
@Op, you have 100% chance to get maried. Nothing GOD can not do. Carry on no advice will change what GOD have in place for you. Good luck wink
Re: I'm SS (Victim Of Sickle-Cell Disease): Who Will Marry Me? by sleekch1c(f): 9:37pm On Oct 15, 2011
oh,i have a life dear.it is u who shld pick urself up and stop feeling sorry for urself.keep up that attitude and u will never find love.all u can get with such arrogance is a gold-digging s.lut who wld marry u for money and pray fervently for u to die.learn to love urself,be confident and humble,and u wld attract a nice lady.also,stop parading ur so-called accomplishment because not every woman is a leech.but judging by ur obduracy,i thnk am pouring water on a duck's back

PS,quit whining,its boring. grin
Re: I'm SS (Victim Of Sickle-Cell Disease): Who Will Marry Me? by Nobody: 9:46pm On Oct 15, 2011
If it's healthy to do so I will!
Re: I'm SS (Victim Of Sickle-Cell Disease): Who Will Marry Me? by akinreals: 10:59pm On Oct 15, 2011
please mail me at akinreals@yahoo.com
Re: I'm SS (Victim Of Sickle-Cell Disease): Who Will Marry Me? by shadrach77: 11:07pm On Oct 15, 2011
in addition to my earlier post, i would advice the poster to ignore all the posters who are posting their emails here and asking if you are male or female - all they are out to do is use you for their own sexual gratification - why does it matter anyway if the poster is male or female? angry angry angry
Re: I'm SS (Victim Of Sickle-Cell Disease): Who Will Marry Me? by Stronger99: 11:15pm On Oct 15, 2011
I'm overwhelmed by all the responses. Thanks a lot to most of you who made sensible contributions. Some people are not happy that i claim to be a high flyer with a great job and degrees. . .well, i fought many health battles to get them so i'm proud of the little i have accomplished.

SCD is complex, think of the days you wake up in the morning and you feel really weak and don't feel like getting out of bed. Well, u see, having sickle cell is like that your worst day and it is permanent. You operate at half strength always, so to speak.

I've tried to live as normal as possible. When i came home for Nysc, i tore the medical certificate i brought along and did all the exercises even the endurance trek. It was tedious and i ended up having pneumonia after leaving camp but i didn't mind. I fought many battles with my parents to relocate to my home state and i vehemently refused.

I didn't disclose my sex because i'm not searching for love online. I just want to know how people see the disorder in Nigeria especially since not everyone is well enlightened about it. I have intentions of going into a great relationship soon and for the first time in my life i want to come out of the closet.

I'm not prepared to fight opposition from my partners close friends and family. I mean, if people think i ain't worth marrying then i might switch my options to other races who don't see any medical condition as a big deal. Acceptance is what i desire not a pity party or people whispering when i'm around or using me as an example. . .lol.

Thanks to all respondents, especially the males for their willingness to even date me, ain't that sweet  kiss. I'm glad Nigerians are gradually seeing beyond the physical.
I luv y'all.

@awesome t
Telling people with medical condition that they will get healing is a dicey thing. I remember my parents taking me to all sort of churches when i was little just to be prayed for.
I no longer believe in all those stuff man. I believe in science. All the painkillers, blood boosters etc are what i believe in because they have worked for me. Someday, when the stem cell procedure is more advanced we will go for it.

I believe in Jesus and i know he loves me but i don't believe that all that dramatic healing stuff is for me. God will help us through science.

@ Bamidele
21 gun salute sir. I feel u totally. We so don't like to be asked those questions.
Re: I'm SS (Victim Of Sickle-Cell Disease): Who Will Marry Me? by seal777(m): 12:11am On Oct 16, 2011
I once dated a lady who was an SS patient, i was not aware of her status when we started but i really loved her and wanted to marry her. I knew of her status few months into the relationship but i couldn't imagine leaving her cos she is SS, luckily enough i seek a counselling section at which i was made to understand that we stand a better chance of marrying ourselves since i am AA.

I made extensive research online about her status which shocked her cos she was not expecting that from me, we were together for almost a year during which i knew her family members and also invited them for my brothers marriage even though she was not around at that time.

I noticed she always frown at any attempt by me to relate with her family but would rather prefer we play down on the relationship and keep it on a secret note. She is 27 plus while i am 34.

She loved me so much and i loved her too but as much as i grow in confidence concerning her,the more she kept singing her status and the fact that she will end up been a burden to me, i break down each time i hear that from her but she wouldn't stop saying it.

To cut a long story short, we are no longer dating but we are very good friends and still talk on phone regularly. We relate very well now cos i stopped discussing marriage with her.

I wanted to marry her but i think she doesn't want to get married and will prefer to be single.
Re: I'm SS (Victim Of Sickle-Cell Disease): Who Will Marry Me? by Nobody: 12:14am On Oct 16, 2011
I'm sure you will find love.
I have close people to me who are SS and they are all married.

You are right to be worried though.
Sometimes people don't understand SS. They believe it is another name for early death.
It's the main reason people may protest against their child or friend marrying one.

Don't worry though, what is yours is yours.
Re: I'm SS (Victim Of Sickle-Cell Disease): Who Will Marry Me? by sillyboy(m): 12:38am On Oct 16, 2011
@OP.

My girl friend has SS and I will definitely marry her next year by God's grace.

You will get yours. Marriage and love goes beyond genotypes. Medicine has evolved seriously and allows to predict genealogical symmetry of ones off-spring
Re: I'm SS (Victim Of Sickle-Cell Disease): Who Will Marry Me? by Stronger99: 12:50am On Oct 16, 2011
^^
Very commendable. It seems men are more willing to marry people with SS and women are less willing. At least that seems to be what i deduce from all the replies so far.
Well, i'm really happy to see all these positive attitude. U people have made my day.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Come See Something / A Girl Sent This To Her Boyfriend After He Dumped Her: / Married Lady Send Nudes To Boyfriend For Iphone 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.