Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,973 members, 7,821,406 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:32 PM

I'm SS (Victim Of Sickle-Cell Disease): Who Will Marry Me? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I'm SS (Victim Of Sickle-Cell Disease): Who Will Marry Me? (9635 Views)

I Like Guys That Dont Like Bj's, Anal. .I Will Marry You Without Thinking! / The Disease That Cannot Be Stopped By Condom -PHOTO- / Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm SS (Victim Of Sickle-Cell Disease): Who Will Marry Me? by erico2k2(m): 5:37am On Oct 16, 2011
Stronger99:

^^
Very commendable. It seems men are more willing to marry people with SS and women are less willing. At least that seems to be what i deduce from all the replies so far.
Well, i'm really happy to see all these positive attitude. U people have made my day.
In reality, no one could realy tell you or admit to you thier real feelings unless they are in same boat with you
You know what you want  and have to do so stick to that.AA is the way 4ward for you  and we all know there is nothing less.When you do meet someone I sugest  once the relationship is getting to the I love you stage  you got to talk bout your G type.Im AA, that I found out long ago when I was in Uni in Nigeria still cos my then G/friend was AS  and she had known this long B4 I met her.Tbh I wont be confortable marrying an SS cos thats me knowingly adding already known problems  to our natural lives even if it could be managed.Now  dont judge me or anyone with these views on here cos same could be asked of you if you could marry a physicaly challenged person ie a BLIND or an Amputee.But there you go,  life is choice driven.
Re: I'm SS (Victim Of Sickle-Cell Disease): Who Will Marry Me? by YoAdek333(m): 6:48am On Oct 16, 2011
There is no guarantee of living long or dying young whether SS or not.

I know several family members and friends that are in their late 50's with SS condition and some people not SS that died before 20.

A woman was even featured in a Nigerian paper a few years ago that was more than past 60 years old.

Recently a science journal mentioned a successful experiment with mice that reversed SS and the mice were able to make normal blood cells. In time I am sure a medical remedy will be found.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/10/13/us-sicklecell-idUSTRE79C5NV20111013

Only God and sometimes our conduct determine our time on Earth. Many SS men and women marry and raise a family but best to avoid marrying an AS. Wish you all the best.
Re: I'm SS (Victim Of Sickle-Cell Disease): Who Will Marry Me? by micheall36: 7:24am On Oct 16, 2011
This is one of the reason why i dislike bringing ma problem to the public, some dudes just dont have manners, How could
u use the word "pathetic"on some one in pain, or do some people think through their ass?

Anyway,@Poster- Pray hard dear and keep ur hard, cause when love will come ur way, u wount know wat hits u.
Its a weird world we living in, Any dude who is truely in love will not mind the partner statue specialy when he is AA

So to answer ur question about if u gonna find love, hell yeah.and will i marry SS?yes if am AA but
funny enough, cant remember what i am even, grin Anyway all the best cuty cause i know ur a woman from the way u sound

Be strong cuty.
Re: I'm SS (Victim Of Sickle-Cell Disease): Who Will Marry Me? by Serendipity: 7:30am On Oct 16, 2011
micheall36:

This is one of the reason why i dislike bringing ma problem to the public, some dudes just dont have manners, How could
u use the word "pathetic"on some one in pain, or do some people think through their Bottom?

Anyway,@Poster- Pray hard dear and keep your hard, cause when love will come your way, u wount know wat hits u.
Its a weird world we living in, Any dude who is truely in love will not mind the partner statue specialy when he is AA

So to answer your question about if u gonna find love, hell yeah.and will i marry SS?yes if am AA but
funny enough, cant remember what i am even, grin Anyway all the best cuty cause i know your a woman from the way u sound

Be strong cuty.
I dont think so. By deductions
the OP must be male.
Re: I'm SS (Victim Of Sickle-Cell Disease): Who Will Marry Me? by erico2k2(m): 7:36am On Oct 16, 2011
Serendipity:

I dont think so. By deductions
the OP must be male.
Brovo, you are spot on, most Nigerians dont know when they are being Emotional or rational in arguments like this any small thing PRAY HARD, do you need prayers to know what you want when you are SS?The OP should ask themselves this question, would they marry someone who is physically challenged,then there goes the answer.
Re: I'm SS (Victim Of Sickle-Cell Disease): Who Will Marry Me? by Nobody: 8:34am On Oct 16, 2011
erico2k2:

Brovo, you are spot on, most Nigerians dont know when they are being Emotional or rational in arguments like this any small thing PRAY HARD, do you need prayers to know what you want when you are SS?The OP s[b]hould ask themselves this question, would they marry someone who is physically challenged,then there goes the answer.[/b]

This is disrespectful. what is bad in marrying a physically challenged person? my fiancee has issues with her legs and i love her more than any normal woman.

The problem with most of you is arrogance. Some have vegetables as parents yet they still love them. any healthy person can become sick with cancer, stroke or even deformation through accident.
Re: I'm SS (Victim Of Sickle-Cell Disease): Who Will Marry Me? by erico2k2(m): 8:45am On Oct 16, 2011
Aqva:

This is disrespectful. what is bad in marrying a physically challenged person? my fiancee has issues with her legs and i love her more than any normal woman.

The problem with most of you is arrogance. Some have vegetables as parents yet they still love them. any healthy person can become sick with cancer, stroke or even deformation through accident.
This is what I meant by Nigerians who dont know when to switch off the Emotion when it comes to matters like this.You are allowing you Emotion to take over you hence you came up with those statement above,try your rational mind for a bit. So cos you loved someone who is physically challenge we loads should abi?there must be a quality in her that made you look beyond the disabilyt hence you married her but other would not see pass it, it dont mean they are ignorant one bit,try and be a lil bit psychological in ur rguments it helps in thinking out of the Box
Re: I'm SS (Victim Of Sickle-Cell Disease): Who Will Marry Me? by Nobody: 9:12am On Oct 16, 2011
erico2k2:

This is what I meant  by Nigerians who dont know when to switch off the Emotion when it comes to matters like this.You are allowing you Emotion to take over you hence you came up with those statement above,try your rational mind for a bit. So cos you loved someone who is physically challenge we loads should abi?there must be a quality in her  that made you look beyond the  disabilyt hence you married her  but other would not see pass it, it dont mean they are ignorant one bit,try and be a lil bit psychological in your rguments it helps in thinking out of the Box

Fukc your views. we aren't all as shallow my friend. Maybe u are a logical man who analyzes and calculates before dating. Some of us do not. Love is spontaneous, its not about fukcing rationality and logic.

Your healthy model looking wife might become a defaced monster tomorrow through accident.
Re: I'm SS (Victim Of Sickle-Cell Disease): Who Will Marry Me? by erico2k2(m): 9:18am On Oct 16, 2011
Aqva:

Fukc your views. we aren't all as shallow my friend. Maybe u are a logical man who analyzes and calculates before dating. Some of us do not. Love is spontaneous, its not about fukcing rationality and logic.

Your healthy model looking wife might become a defaced monster tomorrow through accident. it's guys like u that abandon people when the chips are down. i hate fair weather people like u. u guys should be annihilated from planet earth. angry
I dont blame you but MTN
youare realy Emotional about this right? I can understand that you are married to a challenged person,dont 4get matters of the Heart are Emotional so I will give you the benefit of the doubt for you eash statements and calling me shallow minded, the example you gave where that if you was married and the person met with an acccident I would run away why would that happen,And you rightly said again in you post above that the person my be healthy B4 marriage now thats where my much Rational mind defeats your Emotional one.I have seen potential situation, stepped back physically and Emotionally ,made a decissiion and said no, this is gonna cost me my heart, so I say NO,does that make me a bad person?Just for once think carefuly B4 you show your ignorance in public.
Re: I'm SS (Victim Of Sickle-Cell Disease): Who Will Marry Me? by Nobody: 9:22am On Oct 16, 2011
Well i had to edit my post cos i got carried away,. sorry for the outburst. Let me tell u my friend. Some people actually are attracted to people who have issues with their health. It is nt out of pity, rather a need to show somebody extraordinary love. I happen to be a person who loves to love with my whole heart.
@op
i nearly married a very beautiful girl who was ss but she wouldnt let me. In retrospect i dont blame her though.
Re: I'm SS (Victim Of Sickle-Cell Disease): Who Will Marry Me? by jeremihigher(m): 9:30am On Oct 16, 2011
will you marry me i'm AA but the thing there is i'm still a student
Re: I'm SS (Victim Of Sickle-Cell Disease): Who Will Marry Me? by erico2k2(m): 9:36am On Oct 16, 2011
Aqva:

Well i had to edit my post cos i got carried away,. sorry for the outburst. Let me tell u my friend. Some people actually are attracted to people who have issues with their health. It is nt out of pity, rather a need to show somebody extraordinary love. I happen to be a person who loves to love with my whole heart.
@op
i nearly married a very beautiful girl who was ss but she wouldnt let me. In retrospect i dont blame her though.
I know when you nearly married an SS person back in 2009,I saw the post here remember? now thisis what someone posted to you then

Re: The Girl I Want To Marry Is SS: I'm Dying Inside
« #23 on: February 25, 2009, 09:30 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Be wise,
& get understanding,
Control your emotion,
Asess yourself, you know what u want & what u can cope with,
Control your mind and be realistic in your decision,
With this I know u will be a happy man at last.

Thats someone who is indirectly telling you to keep your Emotional Mind and use your rational mind without be prejudiced or pissing you off, but me I dont pretend just say it out how it is.

Report to moderator Logged
Re: I'm SS (Victim Of Sickle-Cell Disease): Who Will Marry Me? by Nobody: 10:06am On Oct 16, 2011
I am no surprised this is coming up for discussion. But i certainly can marry a SS
Re: I'm SS (Victim Of Sickle-Cell Disease): Who Will Marry Me? by erico2k2(m): 10:12am On Oct 16, 2011
sauer:

I am no surprised this is coming up for discussion. But i certainly can marry a SS
Fair anough, but if you was SS could you marry an SS out of love?
Re: I'm SS (Victim Of Sickle-Cell Disease): Who Will Marry Me? by blank(f): 10:40am On Oct 16, 2011
Can't marry SS. Can't even marry AS. Want my kids to be AA so they don't av 2 worry about genotype when they want 2 marry.
Re: I'm SS (Victim Of Sickle-Cell Disease): Who Will Marry Me? by erico2k2(m): 10:42am On Oct 16, 2011
blank:

Can't marry SS. Can't even marry AS. Want my kids to be AA so they don't av 2 worry about genotype when they want 2 marry.
Chi, see as you blankinly harsh lol you just throw away Emotion sharp sharp,I hail grin grin grin grin
Re: I'm SS (Victim Of Sickle-Cell Disease): Who Will Marry Me? by freepeople: 10:57am On Oct 16, 2011
micheall36:

u use the word "pathetic"on some one in pain, or do some people think through their Bottom?

Anyway,@Poster- Pray hard dear and keep your hard, cause when love will come your way, u wount know wat hits u.

So to answer your question about if u gonna find love, hell yeah.and will i marry SS?yes if am AA but
funny enough, cant remember what i am even,  grin Anyway all the best cuty cause i know your a woman from the way u sound

Be strong cuty.

In my earlier post, I did use the word 'pathetic'. This is what my dictionary said about the word 'pathetic'(arousing pity esp. through vulnerability or sadness). The poster did not demand for my apology. So I don't know why u are trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill. If the poster feels offended, I will promptly issue an apology. Till then, I don't give a hoot about what u think.

Who cares if you bring your problem to the public forum?

During my days in the university, my close friend who is a sickler in an apparent healthy state, woke up one cold morning with crisis. We rushed him to our medical centre. 30 mins into his admission, he gave up the ghost. SSA is a debilitating disease which arouses pity. Except you don't fully grasp what the sufferers pass through.

Oh yes! I think with my bottom(cauda equina) and u thinks with your cerebrum. I can never tell a sickler to pray hard. I don't see any benefit from that. Rather it will precipitate crisis. It's better managed with a combination of medical and psychological therapy. Leave your damn religion out of it. Endeavour to give viable solutions to real health problems. I'm glad that the poster understands this('cause he has mentioned it).

Would you marry a female sickler? Don't be hypocritical. As for me, it's a simple NO. Good luck with your choice.
Re: I'm SS (Victim Of Sickle-Cell Disease): Who Will Marry Me? by Nobody: 11:24am On Oct 16, 2011
erico2k2:

Fair anough, but if you was SS could you marry an SS out of love?
i'd marry a SS, if i were or were nt SS myself. It makes no difference. Am nt SS tho'. But were i, i dnt think i'd beg for any1's luv. I'd rather stay single with a string of women, or perhaps get into an arrangement a la angela merkel.
I'm strongly opinionated about treating others fairly when it falls on ma lap 2 do so. Moreover, i'l always go wit whoever has wat i want, irrespective of their natural attributes.
Re: I'm SS (Victim Of Sickle-Cell Disease): Who Will Marry Me? by erico2k2(m): 11:27am On Oct 16, 2011
sauer:

i'd marry a SS, if i were or were nt SS myself. It makes no difference. Am nt SS tho'. But were i, i dnt think i'd beg for any1's luv. I'd rather stay single with a string of women, or perhaps get into an arrangement a la angela merkel.
I'm strongly opinionated about treating others fairly when it falls on ma lap 2 do so. Moreover, i'l always go wit whoever has wat i want, irrespective of their natural attributes.
Ok so from tis long statement your answer is YES eh?
Re: I'm SS (Victim Of Sickle-Cell Disease): Who Will Marry Me? by Nobody: 11:44am On Oct 16, 2011
erico2k2:

Ok so from tis long statement your answer is YES eh?

Stop hounding people with will u marry an SS question. If somebody has said he/she will, then accept that. recognize the fact that some people are deep and not shallow. I hold no grudge against that lady who said she can't even marry an AS. Why then should it be a bother if someone says they can marry an SS.

As for the girl i nearly married who has SS, she is the best thing that ever happened in my life. Too bad she refused to get married. I understand her fears. she was afraid that she will have complications if she ever gets pregnant etc. wherever u are babe, i still love u.
Re: I'm SS (Victim Of Sickle-Cell Disease): Who Will Marry Me? by erico2k2(m): 11:55am On Oct 16, 2011
Aqva:

Stop hounding people with will u marry an SS question. If somebody has said he/she will, then accept that. recognize the fact that some people are deep and not shallow. I hold no grudge against that lady who said she can't even marry an AS. Why then should it be a bother if someone says they can marry an SS.

As for the girl i nearly married who has SS, she is the best thing that ever happened in my life. Too bad she refused to get married. I understand her fears. she was afraid that she will have complications if she ever gets pregnant etc. wherever u are babe, i still love u.

You seem to realise we could read your past post abi?stay there dey rake, no worry your recharge go soon finish aproko grin grin
Re: I'm SS (Victim Of Sickle-Cell Disease): Who Will Marry Me? by Nobody: 12:00pm On Oct 16, 2011
erico2k2:

You seem to realise we could read your past post abi?stay there dey rake, no worry your recharge go soon finish aproko grin grin

At first i thought he was smart. then i realized he was a doofus. Now he is even a pauper. Ever heard of broadband? Not everybody is like u who uses an mtn line to browse. i'm done with this dummy.
Re: I'm SS (Victim Of Sickle-Cell Disease): Who Will Marry Me? by erico2k2(m): 12:03pm On Oct 16, 2011
Aqva:

At first i thought he was smart. then i realized he was a doofus. Now he is even a pauper. Ever heard of broadband? Not everybody is like u who uses an mtn line to browse. i'm done with this dummy.
lol what bloody broadband? MTN broadband lol Bross look at my location, we dont have MTN here I started using Broadband B4 you ever set ur eyes o n a Laptop.
Re: I'm SS (Victim Of Sickle-Cell Disease): Who Will Marry Me? by Nobody: 12:18pm On Oct 16, 2011
If only u know boy. aqva can turn ur life around with one cheque. grin
@op
Sorry to derail ur thread. this UK smallie is learning to throw cheap shots. over and out.
Re: I'm SS (Victim Of Sickle-Cell Disease): Who Will Marry Me? by erico2k2(m): 12:26pm On Oct 16, 2011
Aqva:

If only u know boy. aqva can turn your life around with one cheque. grin
@op
Sorry to derail your thread. this UK smallie is learning to throw cheap shots. over and out.
guy grow up, use number six, its for thinking.Keep that 2much money mentality, U might be rich wiv paper money but poor in ur brains.stick to the topic n dont brag bout what you own or dont own. and calling me smally, U ddnt even know me, I used them words when I was 13yo
Re: I'm SS (Victim Of Sickle-Cell Disease): Who Will Marry Me? by MMM2(m): 2:08pm On Oct 16, 2011
thinking. . . .
Re: I'm SS (Victim Of Sickle-Cell Disease): Who Will Marry Me? by God2man(m): 2:59pm On Oct 16, 2011
@poster,You may not like what i want to say,but my conscience will trouble me if i refused to say this: you see, people have been giving testimony in the church concerning SS changing to AA, YES, it has happened,i am not forcing you to believe,pls,i just want you to seek a for a true bible believing church,where the spirit of God reside and submit your prayer request, believing God for a miracle and make a vow to Jesus,since you have said, you believed in him. Make a vow that if God can change your genotype from SS to AA, You will do a remarkable thing For JESUS. Please ,give it a try,if Jesus can do it for others ,he can do it for you, if you can just do what i mentioned above, i would like you to be healed. SS crisis is something else.one of my relative died as kid as a result of it,i didn't really make attempt to help him then. I reject it for you,it is not your portion, i pray that the Lord will touch as a result of this message. God bless you. God2man.
Re: I'm SS (Victim Of Sickle-Cell Disease): Who Will Marry Me? by Adbash: 3:13pm On Oct 16, 2011
Well, I'm a 'AA' and can marry a 'SS' provided I love d person bt nt out of pity dt she is 'SS'. I see nothing wrong in it may be because i'm an 'AA' sha.
Re: I'm SS (Victim Of Sickle-Cell Disease): Who Will Marry Me? by Nobody: 3:17pm On Oct 17, 2011
Mr, Cork:

huh?  Sweeery do you realiaze am the only friend  respondin to your threads? I suggest u be nice or u looose me undecided

grin grin grin damn fo0l.
Re: I'm SS (Victim Of Sickle-Cell Disease): Who Will Marry Me? by pinky85: 1:31pm On Jun 17, 2012
Wow ! Nice thread. Found it thanks to google

Couldn't resist the urge to open an account and contribute.

I'm also SS, I'm very sure I'm older than the poster. I'm male with degrees and single too.

My Story (Edited and compressed)

Well toward the end of Uni, I met a nice girl who I'd been on 'hi-hi' basis since my 200 level back then.

She didn't know about my genotype until she asked me why my eyes were occaisionally tinged yellow at times. This was a few weeks after we started dating. Anyway, I did tell her and I got the biggest shock . She didn't want to break up and she became even more clingy !

The realtionship progressed,I met her family: mum, sister and brothers. I realised she had told her mum and suprisingly she seemed not to have a problem with it either. Her sister and I were good friends. Her brothers thought it was just a fling but we were cordial. Her dad worked in another state so I didn't meet him until much later.

When I did eventually meet him, I believed he had also been briefed. But he only asked about my parents who we discovered had many common friends with their family. He never seemed bothered the fact mu genotype was SS. Perhaps he hoped it was just a fling too.

My relationship with this girl grew and a few months soon became 2years. I wasn't getting younger and was about to leave the country for a masters. Our discussions were no longer about trips, parties and outings but now centred around marriage. She responded favourably to my proposals and soon both our parents were aware. Even at this time, we seemed to have full support from all four parents.

Eventually, I left the country keeping in touch with my now 'fiancee'. Long distance relationship isn't easy, it never is.
At times she would accuse me of neglecting to call, write or send things down to her. I couldn't understand what all the fuss was. I was in school, in a foreign country looking for part time work. Still trying to settle down.

She did come to visit once for a couple of weeks and it was jolly good fun till she left. But few months after she returned home, I got word from reliable sources she had been spotted with a new guy around Lagos.

I resisted challenging her over the phone, until she came visiting a 2nd time. She rained abuses and curses on the 'idiot spreading such lies'. I loved this girl and when you love someone you want to believe them.

She left for Nigeria again, later that year GSM rolled out in naija so I didn't have to call her homes landline anymore. I could now reach her on her personal mobile line. At least I thought I could.

Whenever she picked up the phone, it was one story or the other or "I will call u back" or it was switched off.

One night I called her house at 1 am only for her sister and mum to say they didn't know where she was. Eventually I got thru to her mobile later that night, only for her to say she was with 'a friend' before cutting the line.

To cut a long story short, though we went through so many quarrels and arguments, we still went ahead with the introduction and engagement. This was a big mistake as I later got confessions from a certain guy in Lagos who was keeping her warm while I was away.

By the time we broke up, she had become so cheap, unreliable and whorish. I caught her elsewhere practically red-handed with another fellow.Emotionally, physically and morally drained, I had no choice but to let her go.

It wasn't long afterwards I fell terribly ill, I was in a foreign hospital several weeks, no one was sure I'd make it out alive but I did. Thank God.

It took me a full year to really recover to point where I could say I was well again. I was just trying to get my life together again when I heard news.
My 'ex' was married and now had a daughter. Not only that, the baby was now 4 months old, living with mum in the US.

I called her sister to confirm the news, she did. Anyway, we didn't stop talking there and then. I and the sister spoke on few more occaisions, talking about how things broke down between me and my ex.
Eventually, she told me her sisters attitude changed for good after their dad asked her " why do you want to marry him out of pity ?"

I'm now over 35years old, and back in the country.
It hasn't been easy resettling here but I could no longer risk the effect of the cold over there on my health.
I don't have a girlfriend nor do I see any reason to want one. I do have friends who are ladies but I just can't see the need for serious relationships these days. Only souvenirs I have from my days with my ex are some scattered grey hairs , hip stiffness and some old pics which I've disposed of.

Will I ever marry ? I don't know.

Poster, if you're a lady you will definitely find a guy who will want to care for you the rest of your life.

But If your male like lke me, the chances of finding a lady to do the same are much slimmer. Although you may get offers from women approaching premenopause or nearly used-up girls who wouldn't have given you time of day 5 years ago.
Re: I'm SS (Victim Of Sickle-Cell Disease): Who Will Marry Me? by stpat1(m): 4:57am On Jun 18, 2012
Well poster will surely get a guy who will love her who she is.
True life story, While in school then, my friend (very handsome and well built) was dating this SS chick that felt too much as if she owns the world. then my friend will do almost everything for her, wash, cook, do this and that and even at that she still cheats on him. I know them very well cos she was my next door neighbor. Her infidelity almost drove my friend crazy.
Well now after we graduated my friend got a job in Lagos and she had to remain, and I guess other chicks caught his attention and he was able to let go of this chick.
Now he is set to get married to another chick and the SS chick is just there and seeing her now hmm well I know God will provide her with a husband but from what I saw omo e no easy o. So now who will she blame? she is abt 31 now and wont stop calling we the friends of the guy to help mend an already gone relationship. we were even happy for our guy sef.
Re: I'm SS (Victim Of Sickle-Cell Disease): Who Will Marry Me? by snejness: 12:02pm On Apr 24, 2018
my girlfriend is SS and am AA .....am marrying her next year also

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Slay Queen Parades Her ‘boobs’ On Social Media In Style (photo) / I’m Seriously In Pain, My Husband Sleeps With Me From My Anus – Lady Cries Out / What's Wrong With Virgins?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.