Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,225 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:55 AM

President Tinubu Declares 2023 NBA Conference Open. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Tinubu Declares 2023 NBA Conference Open. (34202 Views)

Tinubu Declares Panel’s Investigation Against Emefiele Closed / I Am A Youth - Bola Tinubu Declares (Video) / Osinbajo Declares NBA Virtual Annual Conference Open (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Tinubu Declares 2023 NBA Conference Open. by naptu2: 8:27pm On Aug 27, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0sgr6IRP1Y?si=OgTrDwROBa7eAJlj

POVERTY ERADICATION AND INVESTMENT PROMOTION FOR WEALTH CREATION DEPEND ON JUSTICE REFORM, PRESIDENT TINUBU DECLARES AT NBA CONFERENCE

insidekaduna
August 27, 2023

…emphasizes that world class renumeration for legal professionals can sanitize Judiciary for a prosperous Nigeria

President Bola Tinubu has declared that Nigeria will not sustain failed economic theory that sees to the wastage of 90% of its scarce revenue in the servicing of external debts in the midst of many development challenges facing the country.

The President made the statement on Sunday in Abuja while declaring open the Annual conference of the Nigerian Bar Association at the Velodrome, Chief MKO Abiola Stadium, Abuja.

While energizing the gathering of 16,190 lawyers in attendance with an extemporaneous speech, President Tinubu stated that the prosperity Nigerians require will only occur once poverty is banished from the society with the focused cooperation of Nigeria’s private sector leaders, many of whom were present at the opening ceremony.

“Can we continue to service external debts with 90% of our revenue? It is a path to destruction. It is not sustainable. We must make the very difficult changes that are necessary for our country to get up from slumber and be respected among the great nations of the world,” the President thundered.

Speaking on the theme of the conference, “Getting it Right: Charting the Course for Nigeria’s Nation-Building,” the President stated that hard decisions must be made to set the country on a growth trajectory, despite the initial pains which meaningful reforms usually bring.

“We cannot have the country we desire without the reforms we have initiated. It is painful at the beginning, in the short and medium term, but we must do what we have to do to take this nation to its great destiny. It is not about you and it is not about me. It is about our generations yet unborn, for whom we must bequeath a great and prosperous country,” he affirmed.

Against the backdrop of the renowned judicial reforms he undertook as Lagos State Governor, President Tinubu renewed his commitment to deal conclusively with the pressing issue of renumeration for judicial officers and legal practitioners, noting that true justice reform must begin with world-class salaries and benefits for legal professionals in Nigeria.

“You are learned. I want to learn. Why are we so blessed and we are still lacking? We must have a change of attitude and a change of our mindset. We accuse our nation and its previous leaders. We complain alot of the past. Is that the solution? No! Let us look forward and be determined! God has given us what we need. We must work hard with determination to make our country great and it begins with you who are seated here with me,” the President exclaimed.

Referring to the Keynote address delivered by the Chairman of UBA Plc and Heirs Holdings, Mr. Tony Elumelu, who he praised for setting an agenda for economic growth and development, President Tinubu bemoaned the inability of the country to eradicate poverty and tackle poor electricity supply, despite Nigeria’s abundance of gas.

He made a commitment that his administration will ensure that Nigeria generates and distributes the electricity the economy requires to thrive.

“Yes, it is a shame not to have adequate electricity for the mass majority of homes in Nigeria and to power our industries. How can we address poverty without electricity? We can take many people out of poverty with uninterrupted electricity supply. Poverty is not acceptable, and we must banish it,” President Tinubu concluded.

In his welcome address, NBA President, Yakubu Maikyau, SAN, expressed the confidence of the NBA in the ability of President Bola Tinubu to deliver good governance to Nigeria because of his pedigree and past track record of excellent performance in Lagos State, where he was the governor between 1999-2007.

“President Tinubu got it right in Lagos, and it is our considered expectation that as President of Nigeria, you will not only replicate your achievements in Lagos, but surpass them for our country.”

The conference was attended by the Attorney General of the Federation, Prince Lateef Fagbemi; Chief of Staff to the President, Femi Gbajabiamila; Minister of Federal Capital Territory, Nyesom Wike; Minister of Sports, Senator John Enoh; former Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Boss Mustapha, past NBA Presidents and many senior government officials.

Ajuri Ngelale

Special Adviser to the President

https://insidekaduna.com/poverty-eradication-and-investment-promotion-for-wealth-creation-depend-on-justice-reform-president-tinubu-declares-at-nba-conference/

27 Likes 8 Shares

Re: President Tinubu Declares 2023 NBA Conference Open. by naptu2: 8:28pm On Aug 27, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9k_679SNE0?si=ki3tUO-ZB_lg56I_

Rashwal Rashwal @RashwalRashwal

HIGHLIGHT OF PRESIDENT BOLA TINUBU’S SPEECH AT THE NBA CONFERENCE TODAY

- OUR DEBT PROFILE IS NOT SUSTAINABLE

“Can we continue to service external debts with 90% of our revenue? It is a path to destruction. It is not sustainable. We must make the very difficult changes that are necessary for our country to get up from slumber and be respected among the great nations of the world,”

- ONGOING REFORMS WILL LEAD TO PROSPERITY

“We cannot have the country we desire without the reforms we have initiated. It is painful at the beginning, in the short and medium term, but we must do what we have to do to take this nation to its great destiny. It is not about you and it is not about me. It is about our generations yet unborn, for whom we must bequeath a great and prosperous country,

- CHANGE BEGINS WITH INDIVIDUALS

“You are learned. I want to learn. Why are we so blessed and we are still lacking? We must have a change of attitude and a change of our mindset. We accuse our nation and its previous leaders. We complain alot of the past. Is that the solution? No! Let us look forward and be determined! God has given us what we need. We must work hard with determination to make our country great and it begins with you who are seated here with me.”

- WE MUST GET ELECTRICITY RIGHT

“Yes, it is a shame not to have adequate electricity for the mass majority of homes in Nigeria and to power our industries. How can we address poverty without electricity? We can take many people out of poverty with uninterrupted electricity supply. Poverty is not acceptable, and we must banish it”

https://twitter.com/RashwalRashwal/status/1695884386099454286

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu Declares 2023 NBA Conference Open. by taylor88(m): 8:28pm On Aug 27, 2023
All hail the Irigbaji bedwetter with 397 questionable possessions

Here comes the cocaine ambassador

The thief who inhaled and exhales white powder for a living

95 Likes 19 Shares

Re: President Tinubu Declares 2023 NBA Conference Open. by naptu2: 8:28pm On Aug 27, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vy2czW29thM?si=-lsa4zzacFcys27D

I could see our chief host, the landlord of Abuja. Stick at it. I want to ride on your metro line. If I ask for free land, don't give me, but deliver the metro line for the good and the greatest number of Nigerians.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEs4SGRgkdw?si=cmIcCPBlucDeXOWn

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Tinubu Declares 2023 NBA Conference Open. by TemplarLandry: 8:29pm On Aug 27, 2023
Jagaban!

Baba is just so lovable.

Hellu Pee scavengers, it's time to lachrymate.

I dedicate “Giza” by Burna Boy feat. Seyi Vibez to Baba Şeyi. Great jam!

102 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu Declares 2023 NBA Conference Open. by helinues: 8:31pm On Aug 27, 2023
POVERTY ERADICATION AND INVESTMENT PROMOTION FOR WEALTH CREATION DEPEND ON JUSTICE REFORM, PRESIDENT TINUBU DECLARES AT NBA CONFERENCE

Big Eagle Tinubu

cheesy grin

101 Likes 8 Shares

Re: President Tinubu Declares 2023 NBA Conference Open. by successmatters(m): 8:37pm On Aug 27, 2023
Peter Obi is the most competent leader in Nigeria today.

Supporters of drug baron can hug a wet transformer on any street corner they choose.

Reno Omokri is right.

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: President Tinubu Declares 2023 NBA Conference Open. by Zanpaly(m): 8:42pm On Aug 27, 2023
Useless man

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Tinubu Declares 2023 NBA Conference Open. by YeyeGbami: 8:43pm On Aug 27, 2023
No be judiciary dem be this.

Obiwanke and his zombies rn tongue

110 Likes 11 Shares

Re: President Tinubu Declares 2023 NBA Conference Open. by Mitsurugi(m): 8:44pm On Aug 27, 2023
grin

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Declares 2023 NBA Conference Open. by yinkus6750(m): 8:44pm On Aug 27, 2023
All eyes on judiciary still de ?
Cos NBA na part of judiciary

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu Declares 2023 NBA Conference Open. by Dre555: 8:44pm On Aug 27, 2023
Gh
Re: President Tinubu Declares 2023 NBA Conference Open. by Biola67: 8:44pm On Aug 27, 2023
All these DSS no Dey ever smile 😅

3 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Declares 2023 NBA Conference Open. by diplomat058(m): 8:45pm On Aug 27, 2023
Lol
Re: President Tinubu Declares 2023 NBA Conference Open. by Expanse2020(m): 8:45pm On Aug 27, 2023
kiss
Re: President Tinubu Declares 2023 NBA Conference Open. by DeAdvokate(m): 8:45pm On Aug 27, 2023
Ogbontagiri

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu Declares 2023 NBA Conference Open. by Judolisco(m): 8:45pm On Aug 27, 2023
Jagaban.... Baba Don suddenly well... Tinubu ADC is not wearing his military uniform, that's kinda cool..... First time I'm seeing dis from a Nigerian president

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Tinubu Declares 2023 NBA Conference Open. by YesDaddyTill203: 8:45pm On Aug 27, 2023
TINUBU WILL END UP AS THE BEST PRESIDENT THAT NIGERIA HAS EVER HAD.

Let the wailing and crying begin.

84 Likes 15 Shares

Re: President Tinubu Declares 2023 NBA Conference Open. by Throwback: 8:46pm On Aug 27, 2023
While illiterates and laymen have their eyes on the Judiciary, the legal experts themselves have their eyes firmly on Tinubu the President.

While those of us who are Patriots have our eyes firmly on the progress of Nigeria.

116 Likes 7 Shares

Re: President Tinubu Declares 2023 NBA Conference Open. by Babzrockman: 8:46pm On Aug 27, 2023
Regardless he knows what hes doing.

5 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Declares 2023 NBA Conference Open. by illicit(m): 8:47pm On Aug 27, 2023
All ASS on the juDIciary my ASS

grin

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu Declares 2023 NBA Conference Open. by ImoleNaija: 8:47pm On Aug 27, 2023
Re: President Tinubu Declares 2023 NBA Conference Open. by Karlman: 8:47pm On Aug 27, 2023
Ok
Re: President Tinubu Declares 2023 NBA Conference Open. by Confirmedzombie: 8:47pm On Aug 27, 2023
I wonder when Peter obi will start attending events like this instead of weddings and anniversaries.

Obi will fade away in less than 2weeks time.

Obi is a pretender and cant rule Nigeria. He has no clue how governance works only lip service.

God bless Tinubu

57 Likes 8 Shares

Re: President Tinubu Declares 2023 NBA Conference Open. by Dre555: 8:48pm On Aug 27, 2023
I remember reading so many savvy comments on nairaland some years back. Nawadays na Tinubu vs Obi

2 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Declares 2023 NBA Conference Open. by wittywriter: 8:48pm On Aug 27, 2023
The new Sherrif in townhall.

Wittyness

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu Declares 2023 NBA Conference Open. by HateBigots: 8:48pm On Aug 27, 2023
grin

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Declares 2023 NBA Conference Open. by oluseyiforjesus(m): 8:48pm On Aug 27, 2023
It is well

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Declares 2023 NBA Conference Open. by franchasofficia: 8:49pm On Aug 27, 2023
Looking so unpresidential as always.

No swag, no Presidential aura, no style, no fittings, nothing nothing aside stolen Lagos wealth, wire wire fraud and drug trafficking money proceeds he used to buy 90% of Yorubas and other shameless Nigerians cry

12 Likes 6 Shares

Re: President Tinubu Declares 2023 NBA Conference Open. by Throwback: 8:49pm On Aug 27, 2023
OK.

All eyes now on President Tinubu.

56 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Osinbajo And Wife Celebrate Valentine In Dubai (Photo) / Bayelsa State Governor, Governor Dickson Unveils Housing Units In Bayelsa / Excited Women Hail Oshiomhole At Ikpoba Okha As He Passed By. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.