Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,069 members, 7,818,187 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:49 AM

Abandoned Baby: Women/Girls Why? What I Saw This Morning Going Out - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Abandoned Baby: Women/Girls Why? What I Saw This Morning Going Out (61651 Views)

Wear Face-mask If You Are Over 60 Years, When Going Out - WHO (6 June 2020) / Man Rescues An Abandoned Baby, While Others Were Busy Taking Pictures / Lockdown - Landlady Calls Police For Tenant Who Insisted On Going Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abandoned Baby: Women/Girls Why? What I Saw This Morning Going Out by Kobojunkie: 5:44pm On Aug 29, 2023
GreatAchiever1:
■ So a divine inspired truth is now something else, when God created created Adam and Eve and blessed them to be fruitful and multiply, that one to is a reference to the house that God built abi?
Or this verse:
He lifted his eyes and saw the women and the children, and said, “Who are these with you?” So he said, “The children whom God has graciously given your servant.”
— Genesis 33:5
Or even this:
Joseph said to his father, “They are my sons, whom God has given me here.” So he said, “Bring them to me, please, that I may bless them.”
— Genesis 48:9
How you continuously twist God's Word is very dangerous. Repent of this nonsense.
You mean right before God then cursed them, and subsequently all of mankind, in childbearing in Genesis 3 vs 16, right? You mean I twisted that one too? undecided
Re: Abandoned Baby: Women/Girls Why? What I Saw This Morning Going Out by randirandor(m): 5:51pm On Aug 29, 2023
The headline should have been men/boys why? Cos men are actually the reason behind these.
Re: Abandoned Baby: Women/Girls Why? What I Saw This Morning Going Out by Filmdirect: 5:58pm On Aug 29, 2023
hardasan:
In a society where many men refuse to be in sexless relationships and they will rather die than wait for sex after marriage, those same men lack every moral and spiritual right to condem this.

The child didn't make itself, the father of the child failed the mother and the child. From the description, we can see that the child wasn't born in a hospital, otherwise it won't have the cord, it was most likely born by its mother alone in an uncompleted building or a Bush.

For the child to be 8 to 9 months, it's mother tried to feed and care for it. It must have died from infections arising from its improper birth, lack of proper vaccination and poor living conditions. Looks like its mother is very young and broke, otherwise she should have even known that she has to cut the cord close to the child not close to herself.

Her father must have thrown her out of his house when he realized she was pregnant to avoid the stigma and shame.

I'll bet money that the mother is a teenager......... team 15 to 22yrs old virgin f*ckers oya come and do DNA to know which of you fathered this child.

Every one of you cursing her should first ask yourself if you have a child who somehow ended up like that.
Una wey sabi f*ck and ghost.

#Hypocrites

Thank you!
A bunch of hypocrites! They will condemn her and a few minutes later go and have sex with a woman they don’t intend to marry. Who are they soiling her for? Her future husband?
They likely have asked a woman to abort, ghosted a woman they were tired of after using her, looking for the next woman to be a girlfriend etc all while throwing stones at the female gender for not being chaste and lady like.

Bunch of hypocrites and dead people walking. If they saw that same woman with child, they would condemn her! White washed tombstones! They are the ones Jesus was talking about.

Full of righteousness anger yet filled with lustful desires.

This God they call on to judge another is quietly writing their sins in a book.

2 Likes

Re: Abandoned Baby: Women/Girls Why? What I Saw This Morning Going Out by Anny69: 5:59pm On Aug 29, 2023
1Sharon:

Lol. There are still precautions women take after being raped, police and then emergency contraception.

Which woman gets raped and just sits there?
🤔

You're right. But what if she's poor and can not afford emergency contraception? What if the police can't do anything? What if the woman can't abort, because of fear of having issues with the womb?

1 Like

Re: Abandoned Baby: Women/Girls Why? What I Saw This Morning Going Out by Mcairliejam6: 6:00pm On Aug 29, 2023
Hmm problem ⚠️ no de Finnish sad angry[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Abandoned Baby: Women/Girls Why? What I Saw This Morning Going Out by enemyofprogress: 6:00pm On Aug 29, 2023
What else do you expect from hook upd

ASUU its been a while fa 🤷🤷😋

Even if na 1 Month...
Re: Abandoned Baby: Women/Girls Why? What I Saw This Morning Going Out by Godmind2022(m): 6:01pm On Aug 29, 2023
jackmrandy:
So this morning I left my house going out to MY place of hustle. Boarded one of those commercial bus, and off we go. On getting to my bus stop close to a bridge, I saw crowd looking at a sack of waste bin. the look on their face, you could tell something was wrong. I got out from the bus and went and view for myself, behold a dead baby (about 8 or 9 months) placed in the sack and no clothes, not cleaned, unblical cord dangling out. I would have snapped but the site rolled tears from my eyes and as such no need to bring out my phone to snap.

what could make a woman after carrying pregnancy for over six months, and still end up killing or dumping the baby in waste bin ?

secondly, even if that baby was dead on delivery, are dead babies supposed to be dumped in the waste bin like normal waste?

We all know the economy is hard on everyone, but its not a yardstick for a man/woman to have unprotected sex, resulting in pregnancy and at the end start looking for where to do abortion.

this act could have been done by young girl/lady who probably didn't know what to do or the person who impregnated her absconded.

Babies are gift from God if you can't take care of a baby, no need carrying a pregnancy. and even if you will carry the pregnancy, make arrangement with an orphanage home and keep the baby there.

So many women in their 30's and 40's are still looking for this gift, but they are yet to get it.

Church, Mosque, Traditionalists, and Institutions of learning should educate more on this. And most especially, parents train your girl child in the right way so that society will not be seeing things like this.

Photo: used for illustration

It's well.
Re: Abandoned Baby: Women/Girls Why? What I Saw This Morning Going Out by Mcairliejam6: 6:09pm On Aug 29, 2023
Hmm problem ⚠️ no the finish sad angry shocked
Re: Abandoned Baby: Women/Girls Why? What I Saw This Morning Going Out by phemmyfour: 6:09pm On Aug 29, 2023
Yugoslavia247:
Same people that castigate single mothers

Will come and castigate her.

She does not want the society stigma

Please don't mention me.

Either we change the stigma or we experience this.

It has nothing to do with stigma, she doesn't have means of taking care of the baby. We have proud single mothers taking care of their kids in today's world. It’s more about the financial needs
Re: Abandoned Baby: Women/Girls Why? What I Saw This Morning Going Out by FuckTheMod: 6:10pm On Aug 29, 2023
Yugoslavia247:

Please don't mention me.

And why are you hiding under a fake gender?
If you don't want to get pregnant while you're not ready, WHY DO YOU SPREAD YOUR LEGS FOR MEN? GREED...
WHY CAN'T YOU KEEP YOUR LEGS CLOSED.

BY THE WAY, A SINGLE GUY THAT MARRIES A SINGLE MOTHER, ESPECIALLY THE ONE THAT HER BABY DADDY IS STILL ALIVE IS THE GREATEST OLORIBURUKU FOÕL.
Re: Abandoned Baby: Women/Girls Why? What I Saw This Morning Going Out by victory36(m): 6:43pm On Aug 29, 2023
WatchYourSix:

U mean abortion is not accessible in this country?? Dey play
it's not legal neither is it totally safe/accessible in Nigeria currently
Re: Abandoned Baby: Women/Girls Why? What I Saw This Morning Going Out by victory36(m): 6:45pm On Aug 29, 2023
Fortune118005:

Don't say that again! Self-control is advised for men and women.
abortion should be made legal it's better than birthing unwanted children to suffer plus it help control our population growth.
Re: Abandoned Baby: Women/Girls Why? What I Saw This Morning Going Out by etrange: 6:58pm On Aug 29, 2023
Lol... the title is funny. Women, why?! Like we never miss an opportunity to generally call out women especially when it's on a crime that we feel can only be committed by ladies. Imagine if we start asking men why for all the bad things done by some men in our society.

Back to the topic. The idea of giving up one's baby is painful both to the baby and the mother. Anyone that understands mother/infant bond would know most ladies that do this do it with tears in thier eyes. Many of them secretly follow up to ensure the baby ends up in a better place. And that makes you wonder why they still go ahead to do it. For many of them, it's primarily because of the single-mother stigma. They'd probably drop out of school, get insulted and might even end up single forever while the man they had sex with goes on to live thier lives. However, I still strongly believe there are better ways of handling the situation.

I don't think it's practical for one society to stigmatize single moms and at the same time be against abortion and against such acts as the one reported by the OP. In Nigeria, we don't hold men accountable for thier promiscuity. We even praise young guys when they sleep with multiple women. And when pregnancy occurs, we hold one party accountable. This pressure leads to things like this. With that in mind, I have absolutely nothing against women given up babies they clearly cannot raise. It's in the best interest of the child. What matters is how they do it. I'd recommend they take the kid to an orphanage far away from where they live and sever any connection with it. Doing any other thing that can put the baby in harm's way in inconsiderate.

1 Like

Re: Abandoned Baby: Women/Girls Why? What I Saw This Morning Going Out by Streetmovement(m): 7:19pm On Aug 29, 2023
Beverlyjean:

What you are saying doesn't make sense... if a rich guy becomes broke because he was paying the bills of a woman and spending on her , I will 100% blame him cos its his money and his account, he had the choice to say no cos going broke will most likely mean he is on his own... if a woman gets pregnant, she should be blamed for allowing that to happen... she should protect her womb ,just like a man should protect his account... so because the man likes it raw, u should allow him to do it with u... so because a woman has needs , it means the man should spend all his money on her ....

Wotoporiously cool speaking

You be woman or you be man? Anyone wey you be, you dey cap legit no be small and I'm beginning to like you cool
Re: Abandoned Baby: Women/Girls Why? What I Saw This Morning Going Out by Kobojunkie: 7:24pm On Aug 29, 2023
jackmrandy:
■ she don't want to be a single mother. why having unprotected sex? and not just that why carrying the pregnancy from 1 to 6 months or there about before doing that despicable act?
She didn't have unprotected sex with herself right? So why not equally attack the man who she had sex with with the same vigor? undecided
Re: Abandoned Baby: Women/Girls Why? What I Saw This Morning Going Out by Kobojunkie: 7:26pm On Aug 29, 2023
Allisgud:
so why did she wide her leg open,if u can collect the DIK keep the KID undecided
Why did the one with the dick allow his dick mistakenly fall into her legs open wide without protection? Why not castigate him with the same vigor as you castigate the woman for opening her legs? undecided
Re: Abandoned Baby: Women/Girls Why? What I Saw This Morning Going Out by Kemadealadire(f): 7:33pm On Aug 29, 2023
🤦🏽‍♀️gory, still don't understand why girls of this generation have refused to close their legs, most of the time, you are left to deal with the aftermath while the guy moves on to the next. May you receive sense oh.
Re: Abandoned Baby: Women/Girls Why? What I Saw This Morning Going Out by WatchYourSix: 7:41pm On Aug 29, 2023
victory36:
it's not legal neither is it totally safe/accessible in Nigeria currently

.... theory is one thing, existing reality is another....u are speaking theory...

the existing reality is that if u take a survey of all girls btw age 18 and 29.... u'd be aurprised they have all done 2 or more abortions..

That's how accessible abortion is in nigeria
Re: Abandoned Baby: Women/Girls Why? What I Saw This Morning Going Out by chachanga: 7:50pm On Aug 29, 2023
Jeon:
So funny 😂 😂

So parents should leave the boy child in a wrong way right?

You will be among the persons, in fact you did b3 their leader in crucifying her for keeping the pregnancy and stepping in the single motherhood. She don't want to be a single mother, so allow her to be.

Modified
Those quoting me will be among the Men shaming her for keeping the baby, and it will decrease her value in dating,attracts predators to her [dump and use ] because single mother can welcome anything out of desperation.

I said what I said, dont waste your time to quote me because I won't reply to silly mentions.

Your replying or not replying won't change the fact that your submissions lack both conscience and common sense?

What sort of stigmatization will make you take a human life especially one that you're so intimately acquainted with it's making? Only animals think like that.
Re: Abandoned Baby: Women/Girls Why? What I Saw This Morning Going Out by isabi2lof: 8:21pm On Aug 29, 2023
This is wickedness, but at the same time , the men impregnating ladies and dumping them , should also share part of the blame..

A society that talks down on single mothers , and appluading the baboons that made them one , what else should they be expecting from the single mothers that are been shamed , every now and then..

Many guys deceived so many ladies in their teens , with their yeye sweet mouth.. undecided

Even the ones that abandoned their own baby mamas are here insulting single mothers..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abandoned Baby: Women/Girls Why? What I Saw This Morning Going Out by MrSmithy: 8:43pm On Aug 29, 2023
Tomorrow they will start jumping from one prayer house to another crying God for a child and suffering their innocent hubby forgetting there's consequences and reward attached to every wrong and good act in life
Re: Abandoned Baby: Women/Girls Why? What I Saw This Morning Going Out by AdaAwka1: 8:47pm On Aug 29, 2023
Yugoslavia247:

Please don't mention me.

Why didn't she abort the pregnancy, which is even cheaper, why carry the baby to term only to throw it away.
Re: Abandoned Baby: Women/Girls Why? What I Saw This Morning Going Out by Kobojunkie: 9:07pm On Aug 29, 2023
AdaAwka1:
■ Why didn't she abort the pregnancy, which is even cheaper, why carry the baby to term only to throw it away.
How do you know for certain the woman threw the baby away? For all we know she may have dropped it off at the man's door only for him to decide to throw it away. We shouldn't be taking sides in this especially when innocent lives are involved. The man and woman should be equally condemned for this act. undecided
Re: Abandoned Baby: Women/Girls Why? What I Saw This Morning Going Out by jayAjoku(m): 9:27pm On Aug 29, 2023
BrutusOj:
Read your comment again, you don't blame her for killing an innocent baby and disposing the baby like a rat? God!!! Who gave birth to some of you for goodness sake?
if the man who got her pregnant was responsible she wouldn’t have tried killing the baby its that simple if you like cry your fake tears by tomorrow morning you will forget this news you are being emotional about

1 Like

Re: Abandoned Baby: Women/Girls Why? What I Saw This Morning Going Out by Westerhoffe(m): 9:33pm On Aug 29, 2023
Anny69:
You're right. But what if she's poor and can not afford emergency contraception? What if the police can't do anything? What if the woman can't abort, because of fear of having issues with the womb?

She could have wrapped the baby properly and kept him/her where good Samaritans can easily find him/her alive instead of the born to be executed method.

But the best still remains, abstain, if you can't take care of the child.
Re: Abandoned Baby: Women/Girls Why? What I Saw This Morning Going Out by Westerhoffe(m): 9:35pm On Aug 29, 2023
Anny69:
I didn't actually know it's even a word. I luff you as a fellow Nairalnder. Don't mind me, I'm just playing.

I no gree o!
You must explain how you can luff me as a Nairalander.
Re: Abandoned Baby: Women/Girls Why? What I Saw This Morning Going Out by nelsonose: 9:49pm On Aug 29, 2023
Anny69:
Maybe she was raped and didn't have funds for a proper abortion.

Really?
Re: Abandoned Baby: Women/Girls Why? What I Saw This Morning Going Out by Kobojunkie: 9:58pm On Aug 29, 2023
Westerhoffe:
She could have wrapped the baby properly and kept him/her where good Samaritans can easily find him/her alive instead of the born to be executed method.
But the best still remains, abstain, if you can't take care of the child.
HOw do you know it was a she that did this? What if the mother instead left the baby for the man only for him to choose to abandon it where it was found? Stop being biased in these things. undecided
Re: Abandoned Baby: Women/Girls Why? What I Saw This Morning Going Out by Westerhoffe(m): 10:03pm On Aug 29, 2023
Kobojunkie:
HOw do you know it was a she that did this? What if the mother instead left the baby for the man only for him to choose to abandon it where it was found? Stop being biased in these things. undecided

So, she had the newer born with umbilical cord not trimmed, blood and all newly birthed stains, she then carried it like that over to the father, who then took it to the trash bin, left to die.

Your sanity at times needs query.
angry
Re: Abandoned Baby: Women/Girls Why? What I Saw This Morning Going Out by Kobojunkie: 10:16pm On Aug 29, 2023
Westerhoffe:
■ So, she had the newer born with umbilical cord not trimmed, blood and all newly birthed stains, she then carried it like that over to the father, who then took it to the trash bin, left to die.
Your sanity at times needs query. angry
OP's initial description does not include info on the umbilical cord being untrimmed nor of the baby being covered in blood ooo! shocked

Do you think my sanity is to be questioned in this case? It is possible the father had a hand in depositing the child were it was found so stop being biased in your conclusion. undecided
Re: Abandoned Baby: Women/Girls Why? What I Saw This Morning Going Out by Westerhoffe(m): 10:21pm On Aug 29, 2023
Kobojunkie:
OP's initial description does not include info on the umbilical cord being untrimmed nor of the baby being covered in blood ooo! shocked

Do you think my sanity is to be questioned in this case? It is possible the father had a hand in depositing the child were it was found so stop being biased in your conclusion. undecided

I got out from the bus and went and view for myself, behold a dead baby (about 8 or 9 months) placed in the sack and no clothes, not cleaned, unblical cord dangling out.

This is culled from the main post. It should help you.

Description from the OP clearly shows this was a crime of from birth to the dirts.
And yes… your psyche needs being questioned because you're always controversial when everyone are being reasonable.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Lady That Was Injured By Gas Explosion Last Year, See How She Looks Now / Pictures Of Kurudu Market Abuja 4 Days After Lockdown / Coronavirus Suspect Dies In Omole, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.