Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,071 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:47 AM

How Private School Owners In Nigeria Deprive Their Teachers Of Rest - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Private School Owners In Nigeria Deprive Their Teachers Of Rest (25527 Views)

How Private School Owners Are Dubiously Cheating Their Teachers / Burial Of 22 Students & Teachers Of Government Day Secondary School Misau Bauchi / Iyanuoluwa Osewa & Kolawole Bello Win Cowbellpedia Mathematics Teachers Of Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Private School Owners In Nigeria Deprive Their Teachers Of Rest by sprints1: 5:44pm On Aug 30, 2023
Love800:
I will send the CV online or offline?
offline no one will call u if u do online. Dey recruitment everytime u can try it
Re: How Private School Owners In Nigeria Deprive Their Teachers Of Rest by Love800(m): 7:33pm On Aug 30, 2023
Ok.
But can u tell me the actual reason dat made u to stop?
I teach english though.
sprints1:
offline no one will call u if u do online. Dey recruitment everytime u can try it
Re: How Private School Owners In Nigeria Deprive Their Teachers Of Rest by youngdabold19: 11:46pm On Aug 30, 2023
Love800:
Hw can a sch cert be paid dis amount?

I dont believe u.
I'm paid the amount because I'm running a part time Education program in LASU. Mind you, I'm the only non graduate in that school and they don't accept school cert or NCE. That has to show how good I am to work in such an institution.
Re: How Private School Owners In Nigeria Deprive Their Teachers Of Rest by Love800(m): 7:08am On Aug 31, 2023
What state is the sch located?
If u can, pls connect me too.
Goodmorning
Re: How Private School Owners In Nigeria Deprive Their Teachers Of Rest by Wizuman: 9:09am On Aug 31, 2023
laidima88:
As an educationist, this is my take

The only solution to this peanut salary is to expel all non educationist from teaching line, after they study one useless course with no job, they will later litter all teaching jobs desperately accepting peanuts. We don't want every tom, dick and harry in education.
Imagine only limited professionals in teaching line, employers won't have a choice than to accept their offer but presently even teachers are more than the teaching jobs.

If u don't study education pls don't come to teaching line, u people are the cause of what teachers and education is experiencing currently

Not always so. We teach coding and Robotics in schools and I have undergraduates deployed to those schools. We spend 2 days in each school and gt paid 60k monthly for each school. I pay my boys 30k(for working 8 hrs per week).

Now here is my point, we get paid far better than d regular full time teachers.
Re: How Private School Owners In Nigeria Deprive Their Teachers Of Rest by Tayorshd87: 1:16pm On Aug 31, 2023
Omoolaissagoal:

This is. not true
Most make millions but act as. not, as the school bursar . I was once a bursar , we make cool money daily but oga will still say no money come dey look my face . It was horrible

Ok cool let me accept your idea since you are once a bursar 😊
Re: How Private School Owners In Nigeria Deprive Their Teachers Of Rest by Relixy2k: 10:26am On Sep 03, 2023
Majority are on the island. Make sure you are certified and go apply to schools there. Even bankers can't compete with you.
Love800:
In what states are these kind schools located?
Re: How Private School Owners In Nigeria Deprive Their Teachers Of Rest by Love800(m): 11:32am On Sep 03, 2023
What about the mainland?
Relixy2k:
Majority are on the island. Make sure you are certified and go apply to schools there. Even bankers can't compete with you.
Re: How Private School Owners In Nigeria Deprive Their Teachers Of Rest by OperationalVehi: 8:31pm On Sep 04, 2023
Wizuman:

Not always so. We teach coding and Robotics in schools and I have undergraduates deployed to those schools. We spend 2 days in each school and gt paid 60k monthly for each school. I pay my boys 30k(for working 8 hrs per week).

Now here is my point, we get paid far better than d regular full time teachers.
this seem to be better than full time practice
Re: How Private School Owners In Nigeria Deprive Their Teachers Of Rest by Selfless1: 10:09pm On Sep 06, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:

I teach diction and phonics.

Well... It depends on how well you're able to package yourself and convince schools to accept you on part-time basis but schools hardly take part-time English teachers.

The most commonly sought-after part-time subject teachers are
French, Yoruba, Maths, phonics and computer teachers. If you're good in any of the above, you can start hitting schools with your proposal for part-time services.

I only worked once as a full timer a looooong time ago and it was draining with very poor pay. I had to stop and go do this phonetics and diction courses so I can be free from their wahala and God helped me.

Please where did you do the diction and Phonics training? I would like to do the same
Re: How Private School Owners In Nigeria Deprive Their Teachers Of Rest by Jewessgratitud3: 3:26am On Sep 07, 2023
Selfless1:

Please where did you do the diction and Phonics training? I would like to do the same

I did it in one British academy then at Yaba but those people have moved a long time ago. You can can do it in unilag or FCE if you're in Lagos. They offer this courses there too.

You can also look for diction instructors too who organize trainings for their team and join. You may also one to work with one first and then learn on the job like I do for some of my team members and if you're good, you can start getting your own schools. My twin only followed me a few times last year and left me because she wanted to be controlling her own money, under a term, she got five schools and now hmm... Shes not only taking schools, she also organizes training for teachers in some of her schools. That's extra income. So it's not that difficult. Once you have experience in teaching, all you need is to learn the British accent ( not very necessary but stands you out) and the diction which is the main thing,, you're good to go. With God on your side, Schools will be begging you.

As a guy you can even cover two schools a day. Too much money. Most part-time guys I jam at schools do it a lot. Sharp sharp Dem don cover one school dey rush to another one and some of them have boys (team) working for them.
Money dey part-time abeg.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

OAU Management Shuts Down School Again / Lecturer Explains Why Nigerian Youths Prefer Studying Abroad / Fayemi Upgrades College Of Education Ikere, Ekiti To University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.