Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,738 members, 7,820,543 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:47 PM

I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? (17095 Views)

I've Just Been Sacked / What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? / 5000 Nigerians To Be Employed As TSTV Launches October 1st (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? by TrustNone: 9:55pm On Aug 29, 2023
KarinaSlim:

If he can reach out, I will not just give him a job.

Infact, I will put you and him on my monthly payroll.
A male is behind this moniker.
Nairalanders beware
Cc swagk101

1 Like

Re: I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? by KarinaSlim(f): 9:57pm On Aug 29, 2023
TrustNone:

A male is behind this moniker.
Nairalanders beware
Cc swagk101

It's nice for you to think am a Male.

Thanks for the Compliment dear grin

Truly, men are intimidated by strong, confident and Enterprising women.
Re: I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? by saveman91(m): 10:25pm On Aug 29, 2023
Welcome to school were teachers beats their customer incase of nonsense
Re: I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? by Marisujuaku(f): 10:47pm On Aug 29, 2023
I'm a qualified teacher with TRCN and I might have few ideas for u. Chat me 08130462600

1 Like

Re: I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? by KingLion007(m): 12:20am On Aug 30, 2023
Thattallgirl:
40k? Two subjects? I pray for better opportunities for you.
My broda, have taught two subjects and even more for 25k.buh today oluwa don pick my calls. Naija no easy ooo just keep pushing.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? by Munzy14(m): 5:52am On Aug 30, 2023
TrustNone:
Hello guys, I graduated earlier this year but couldn't serve as I wasn't eligible for NYSC as I was above 30 years of age when I graduated.

Coming back to Port Harcourt, I applied as a Subject Teacher in several schools, went through several interviews and made it, after going through their salary rates, I had to go for the highest bidder which is 40k and I'll be Teaching two subjects..

Now the thing is, I lied heavily that I'm a experienced Teacher during the interview and added imaginary and non existent schools to my CV, what made me scaled through the interview here was that I researched and also went through several threads and noted down all what could possibly be asked and I also obtained lesson notes and lesson plan samples from one lessonnotes moniker, researched, practiced, found a topic and revised and scaled through the micro teaching, the next day I was offered the job.

Now schools would be resuming two weeks from now and I don't need to fumble, guys please any insight on what is expected of me as teacher?

How often should I give assignments?
Where do I get the syllabus and textbooks?
How often should I teach a topic, should it be one week per topic?
Any other thing I need to know?
Your inputs would be so highly welcomed.
Teaching is a noble profession.

When school resume, The principal or VP will provide you with some materials like; Text books, chalk/Maker, and other necessary things including syllabus in accordance to general waec standard, be it Junior or senior.

On your own, you will read alot, meet the class above, and collect notes from some students.

Assignments should be fun..And competitive..If you make it boring , students will find your class unattractive.

1 Like

Re: I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? by Nobody: 6:41am On Aug 30, 2023
TrustNone:
but I was in Benin City looking for a job but all I could get was a 15k teaching job embarassed
Benin City?

I guess you were visiting the wrong schools and perhaps you don't know how to negotiate

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? by ChengHun(m): 6:42am On Aug 30, 2023
1. Always dress corporate
2. Give class work and do correction after every class, don't forget to mark.
3. Give assignment after every class mark before next class and do correction at beginning of next class
4.Be firm, don't be too friendly with your students and don't be too harsh
5.prepare before teaching any topic- don't assume you know it.
6.Keep your records up to date- lesson noes, dairy, register etc.
7.Attend classes punctually.
8. Depending on the volume of a topic, don't move to a new topic until you finish the current one. Not necessarily one topic per week. Just ensure you are not wasting time.
Re: I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? by ChengHun(m): 6:44am On Aug 30, 2023
1. Always dress corporate
2. Give class work and do correction after every class, don't forget to mark.
3. Give assignment after every class mark before next class and do correction at beginning of next class
4.Be firm, don't be too friendly with your students.
5.prepare before teaching any topic- don't assume you know it.
6.Keep your records up to date- lesson noes, dairy, register etc.
7.Attend classes punctually.
8. Depending on the volume of a topic, don't move to a new topic until you finish the current one. Not necessarily one topic per week. Just ensure you are not wasting time.
Re: I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? by Godsonkemz(m): 7:15am On Aug 30, 2023
What attracted my attention wasn't how you secured the job but the low salary attached to the job and my question which you ought to have considered before accepting the offer was;
How can 40k sustain one in ph where cost of living and rent are on the high side? During the late Buhari's administration when life was easier compared to the current shege, I rejected an offer of 70k in ph because it could not be able to sustain me. How much more now when the economy has gotten worse.
Re: I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? by MalaikaEH(f): 7:26am On Aug 30, 2023
Trustnone,
As an experienced teacher, the following are expected of you:

1. Report to duty on the day of resumption. Some schools may ask teachers to report on Friday prior to Monday resumption day to prepare their notes.

2. When you get there, ask the principal or headteacher for the scheme of work. The scheme of work contains topics to be taught each week.

3. The school will also give you a lesson note. So you should write the lesson plan for each week based on scheme of work for each week.

4. You go to class and teach depending on the time table.

5. You are expected to issue assignment to students after teaching every topic. Make sure you mark assignments , because students won't take you seriously if you overlook marking them.

6. Issue tests based on the school method of doing it. Some schools set first, second and third tests for students every term. Others may give only one test or two.

7. Jot down your examination questions as you write lesson notes on each topic. This will make it easier for you to provide the questions towards the end of the term.

8. After exams, mark the students' scripts and submit the scores to their form teachers. If you are made a form teacher for any of the classes, your work continues until the time you release termly results to your students.

In conclusion, you have nothing to fear. Be inquisitive when you resume at the school. Ask questions. Every school has its own culture and they will be willing to make sure that you follow their culture.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? by GloryAtLast: 9:08am On Aug 30, 2023
You shouldn't have built the foundation of your career on deceit. You'll likely be given the employment without experience if you're good enough. You can still make your way right and have them guide you. Everybody starts somewhere.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? by icankel: 10:27am On Aug 30, 2023
In as much as there is no job in the country but accepting a job offer of 40k in PH shouldn't motivate u. Am sure u gonna pay for transport buy urself a lunch, conduct lessons after sch period. Well, I wish u the best cos I really enjoyed teaching during NYSC year in Abak, Akwaibom State

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? by Myer(m): 10:28am On Aug 30, 2023
TrustNone:
Hello guys, I graduated earlier this year but couldn't serve as I wasn't eligible for NYSC as I was above 30 years of age when I graduated.

Coming back to Port Harcourt, I applied as a Subject Teacher in several schools, went through several interviews and made it, after going through their salary rates, I had to go for the highest bidder which is 40k and I'll be Teaching two subjects..

Now the thing is, I lied heavily that I'm a experienced Teacher during the interview and added imaginary and non existent schools to my CV, what made me scaled through the interview here was that I researched and also went through several threads and noted down all what could possibly be asked and I also obtained lesson notes and lesson plan samples from one lessonnotes moniker, researched, practiced, found a topic and revised and scaled through the micro teaching, the next day I was offered the job.

Now schools would be resuming two weeks from now and I don't need to fumble, guys please any insight on what is expected of me as teacher?

How often should I give assignments?
Where do I get the syllabus and textbooks?
How often should I teach a topic, should it be one week per topic?
Any other thing I need to know?
Your inputs would be so highly welcomed.

Teaching is not for you, at least not for now.
Teaching as a profession is too sensitive a job to place children's minds in the hands of a duplicitous mind like yours- having lied through your CV to secure the job.
You will teach them, knowingly or unknowingly bad habits that with shape some of them for life.

If you do want to teach, please be sensitive of this.

Teaching as a profession is one of the best professions in better climes, it's unfortunate any tom dick and harry can become a teacher in this country because our government has also watered down the education system.

I wish you the best all the same.
Re: I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? by Love800(m): 1:27pm On Aug 30, 2023
Pls where are these international schools?
BennyDGreat:

Teachers in international schools can't relate with what you wrote. Some earn as much as 1k USD a month from Nigeria bro
Re: I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? by Love800(m): 1:29pm On Aug 30, 2023
Sis, good afternoon. Pls can i ask u for a little financial favour?
KarinaSlim:

If he can reach out, I will not just give him a job.

Infact, I will put you and him on my monthly payroll.
Re: I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? by Love800(m): 1:33pm On Aug 30, 2023
Is the application done online or offline?
youngtee5:

It all depends on location ur experience and how u package yourself. We have private schools that pay 150- 200k per month in Nigeria. Lagos. Ogun Abeokuta. Have the courage to apply to international schools don’t limit yourself to local schools.
Re: I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? by Love800(m): 1:39pm On Aug 30, 2023
Which are the right schools?
fados4sure:

Benin City?

I guess you were visiting the wrong schools and perhaps you don't know how to negotiate
Re: I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? by Nobody: 2:11pm On Aug 30, 2023
Love800:
Which are the right schools?
If you are in Benin, PM me so that I can connect you
Re: I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? by BennyDGreat: 2:15pm On Aug 30, 2023
Love800:
Pls where are these international schools?

Most of them are in Lagos and Abuja....
Re: I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? by Love800(m): 2:31pm On Aug 30, 2023
N
fados4sure:

Re: I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? by Love800(m): 4:48pm On Aug 30, 2023
Can i whatsapp u. I base in warri
fados4sure:

Re: I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? by captaininiobong(m): 5:10pm On Aug 30, 2023
The 40k job I ran away from because it was too stressful is what someone got and his happy over it.
Re: I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? by Bukola94: 8:00pm On Aug 30, 2023
youngtee5:

Oya OG show me way
na God oo, I don't have any connection, na baba God show me way, E go do yours too. Just apply for any FG job or state. Be reading newspapers for placement

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? by Bukola94: 8:01pm On Aug 30, 2023
MrDoGood:

Hmmmm

Relocate

I know it's not easy

But please try
I am now employed
Re: I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? by lordally(m): 8:29pm On Aug 30, 2023
Karleb:

Teaching is a useless job. Kill that fear. Act like you know what you are doing.

Wanted to post this in your comment in a travel thread but I've been banned for two years in travel thread...

Bro I hope you leave 9ja soon... Honestly I wasted all my years in Nigeria. Omo I never knew life can be this organised in my new country.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? by Karleb(m): 10:07pm On Aug 30, 2023
lordally:

Wanted to post this in your comment in a travel thread but I've been banned for two years in travel thread...

Bro I hope you leave 9ja soon... Honestly I wasted all my years in Nigeria. Omo I never knew life can be this organised in my new country.

Big man! As una set don go disvirgin the abroad, we way remain must enter sooner or later.

It really hurts when one seats down to compare as a Nigerian in Nigeria and I can't imagine how badly it hurts you guys over there experiencing the differences.

No time to regret bro! Enjoy the life. You have earned it. You deserve it. cool cool

Una go still dey get the PTSD but over time, organized society go wash everything away. cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? by Youngkaro45: 11:28pm On Aug 30, 2023
fados4sure:

Good evening sir, kindly reply to my wasup message for God sake, thanks.
Re: I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? by lordally(m): 10:41pm On Aug 31, 2023
Karleb:

Big man! As una set don go disvirgin the abroad, we way remain must enter sooner or later.

It really hurts when one seats down to compare as a Nigerian in Nigeria and I can't imagine how badly it hurts you guys over there experiencing the differences.

No time to regret bro! Enjoy the life. You have earned it. You deserve it. cool cool

Una go still dey get the PTSD but over time, organized society go wash everything away. cheesy

PTSD no be small. I was coming back from work... When I had to climb a bride around past 11pm alone... Omo I stood there... Thinking if I should climb that bridge or not because for 9ja , climbing a lonely bridge by past 11pm all alone at night is a one way ticket to the after life. I sha climb am while I looked backed to be sure person no go Rob me... Omo I later remembered I wasn't in Nigeria no more ... Kai!!! I just dey laugh myself

Re: I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? by lordally(m): 10:42pm On Aug 31, 2023
Karleb:

PTSD no be small. I was coming back from work... When I had to climb a bride around past 11pm alone... Omo I stood there... Thinking if I should climb that bridge or not because for 9ja , climbing a lonely bridge by past 11pm all alone at night is a one way ticket to the after life. I sha climb am while I looked backed to be sure person no go Rob me... Omo I later remembered I wasn't in Nigeria no more ... Kai!!! I just dey laugh myself

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? by Youngkaro45: 9:00am On Sep 02, 2023
fados4sure:

Cc FADOS4SURE IS A WANTED AND SERIAL SCAMMER

To say I'm not disappointed in the behavior you portrayed is an understatement. We met in nairaland two years ago and you started teaching me forex, we lost contact and we reunited early last month. You promised to trade forex for me and I sent you $100=90,000 naira on 10th of August that we will be sharing the profit every two weeks. You should you are in Switzerland schooling, I believed you like a mumu. Close to the time we will share the profit, you blocked me everywhere. I gave you enough time maybe something happened to you, but you didn't respond again. The 90k obviously pained me but I was more disappointed to find out that you are a scammer pretending to be a nice person. Just give me till Monday, I post your address here

_Adoga Famous_
_3074281997_
_First bank_

Re: I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? by Youngkaro45: 9:01am On Sep 02, 2023
[

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Sterling Bank Recruitment / What Benefits Do You Enjoy At Your Job / High Pillars International

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.