Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,466 members, 7,830,340 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:56 PM

I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? (17147 Views)

I've Just Been Sacked / What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? / 5000 Nigerians To Be Employed As TSTV Launches October 1st (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? by Adrian98(m): 1:02pm On Aug 29, 2023
Teach

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? by Bfly: 1:13pm On Aug 29, 2023
You can't bulid true building on a false foundation

Just keep lying and be doing research to defend it. You won't fail in the short run. Maybe by then you have made enough money to leave or get another job.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? by Hectroy(m): 1:16pm On Aug 29, 2023
You already have the drive to succeed. Request for old note and syllabus from the VP Admin side by side with the previous class note. I'm sure this will help with online research.
TrustNone Ypost=125436021:
Hello guys, I graduated earlier this year but couldn't serve as I wasn't eligible for NYSC as I was above 30 years of age when I graduated.

Coming back to Port Harcourt, I applied as a Subject Teacher in several schools, went through several interviews and made it, after going through their salary rates, I had to go for the highest bidder which is 40k and I'll be Teaching two subjects..

Now the thing is, I lied heavily that I'm a experienced Teacher during the interview and added imaginary and non existent schools to my CV, what made me scaled through the interview here was that I researched and also went through several threads and noted down all what could possibly be asked and I also obtained lesson notes and lesson plan samples from one lessonnotes moniker, researched, practiced, found a topic and revised and scaled through the micro teaching, the next day I was offered the job.

Now schools would be resuming two weeks from now and I don't need to fumble, guys please any insight on what is expected of me as teacher?

How often should I give assignments?
Where do I get the syllabus and textbooks?
How often should I teach a topic, should it be one week per topic?
Any other thing I need to know?
Your inputs would be so highly welcomed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? by matm: 1:18pm On Aug 29, 2023
Be firm and stick to standard.
Teach from known to unknown with examples.3.Be professional in all you do with learners, parents and co-teachers.
4.Be patient with slow learners and see how you can assist them more professionally .
5.Passion is the key and not the pay.The is not worth d effort at all

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? by obinna58(m): 1:19pm On Aug 29, 2023
All this for 40k?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? by Seanjigga: 1:19pm On Aug 29, 2023
First of all, be confident. Teaching is not a big deal. You will have senior colleagues to guide you. Do your findings, the do and don't of the school system.
In class, manage your students properly. Make your class interactive. Give them your laid down rules. Students will always try to test your capabilities. Prepare your lesson plan weekly for checks and you are good to go. After three weeks in the school, you go begin enjoy am. Make room for extra lessons if the school permits. Extend to home lessons, Na there money dey.
Good luck.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? by oshorstan(f): 1:24pm On Aug 29, 2023
TrustNone:
Hello guys, I graduated earlier this year but couldn't serve as I wasn't eligible for NYSC as I was above 30 years of age when I graduated.

Coming back to Port Harcourt, I applied as a Subject Teacher in several schools, went through several interviews and made it, after going through their salary rates, I had to go for the highest bidder which is 40k and I'll be Teaching two subjects..

Now the thing is, I lied heavily that I'm a experienced Teacher during the interview and added imaginary and non existent schools to my CV, what made me scaled through the interview here was that I researched and also went through several threads and noted down all what could possibly be asked and I also obtained lesson notes and lesson plan samples from one lessonnotes moniker, researched, practiced, found a topic and revised and scaled through the micro teaching, the next day I was offered the job.

Now schools would be resuming two weeks from now and I don't need to fumble, guys please any insight on what is expected of me as teacher?

DM me 08138188962

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? by Nobody: 1:25pm On Aug 29, 2023
TrustNone:

I have been teaching for the past 10 years now and I must say to you, first impression matters a lot

The students will be looking at your composure the very first time you enter their class

As per assignment, if you are teaching mathematics for example, class work are giving after at least four or five examples on a sub topic

You can get the scheme of work from the ministry of education curriculum which be giving to you by the school

The salary is very poor in PH! I take home 80k in Benin
Re: I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? by adspelite(m): 1:26pm On Aug 29, 2023
What subjects are you going to teach?

Talk to me on WhatsApp, let me help you out.
https:///FpRcvtRG2yd1Hod904TtQL

The times are not easy and you shouldn't lost this opportunity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? by kennethesan(m): 1:28pm On Aug 29, 2023
Start teaching
Re: I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? by Sirchiboy: 1:31pm On Aug 29, 2023
TrustNone:

Did you school in Uniben?
Re: I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? by youngtee5(m): 1:34pm On Aug 29, 2023
Be kind to your student. Work on your self, upgrade ur skills change ur career path

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? by Blitzking: 1:43pm On Aug 29, 2023
Don't be tempted to focus on the bright student who seem to know everything and neglect the dullard in class. Who u will keep repeating the same thing ten times and they won't learn.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? by PencilBox: 1:54pm On Aug 29, 2023
cry wetin dey pain me pass na the 40k salary.

Monday to Friday.
The efforts put into making lesson note. And writing on the board.
And the constant changing of clothes that will have you spend your weekends doing laundry.

You'll eat daily.
Perhaps pay rent and other bills.

All on top 40k.

Try find atleast 2 students for home lessons.
Else, it would be hard to save from such monthly earning.

If you can, go to the Malls and look for jobs.
Or a bakery, a factory.
The pay is usually the same or even higher with less mental work and including shifts or off days.

Teaching is frustrating. The take home is hardly ever motivating.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? by Venusman(m): 1:56pm On Aug 29, 2023
Take Bois to club
Re: I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? by Swagk101(m): 2:00pm On Aug 29, 2023
KarinaSlim:
All those stress you went through all for 40K salary?

It is well.

Can you give him a better paying job? If no is your answer, then keep quiet.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? by TrustNone: 2:02pm On Aug 29, 2023
PlsStayAlive:
Speaking from NYSC experience:
1. Timetable will decide how often you teach your subjects, school should provide that.
2. Syllabus and books for lesson plan/biros/chalk/textbooks for the lesson plan planning should be given my VP admin or whoever is in charge of it.
3. Classwork and assignment once per week (make sure to mark and record these)
I'll write more when I remember more
thank you so much my boss.
I appreciate, I have written all these
Re: I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? by yeshuasfootstep(m): 2:04pm On Aug 29, 2023
Teach.
Re: I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? by TrustNone: 2:06pm On Aug 29, 2023
Beverlyjean:
Start flogging them
on the interview when they asked how to deal with slow learners, I told them many achievements I made and how I impacted them and they gradually assimilated and became a the best students and I didn't use any cane through out my teaching experience but used other measures to enforce discipline. I lied embarassed
I pray I don't extend my frustration by using belt on those kids grin
Re: I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? by TrustNone: 2:07pm On Aug 29, 2023
Akerele44:
Know about your transport fare for a month so that you wont later come here and be asking for urgent 2k help
I'll trek though, I have a target with that money, got to venture into business with it's capitals
Re: I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? by Basseybruce: 2:08pm On Aug 29, 2023
TrustNone:

Good afternoon bros, at first, I congratulate you on your new appointment, secondly, see ehh, some id*ot that don't even make up to half of that amount will come here and want to toy with ur self esteem... Blaa... Blaa.. Bla. Why did you accept such ridiculous offer, don't mind them, this can be a stepping stone for you...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? by TrustNone: 2:08pm On Aug 29, 2023
Stanislause94:
You sure say the proprietor no dey nairaland?
I get sense na.
Na port hacourt I put for that topic but no be port hacourt bro
Re: I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? by TrustNone: 2:09pm On Aug 29, 2023
ayula44:
What subject will you be teaching?
You can send me a DM.
Good luck.
Computer and Geography
Re: I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? by rolams(m): 2:11pm On Aug 29, 2023
Which kain question be this na?

Go and reject the offer na!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? by TrustNone: 2:12pm On Aug 29, 2023
valentineuwakwe:
Do same research you did earlier and you will get answers too....meanwhile try and get a savings plan cos most school either don't pay teachers on time or owe them.
Akerele44:
Know about your transport fare for a month so that you wont later come here and be asking for urgent 2k help
I'll trek though, I have a target with that money, got to venture into business with it's CAPITALS.
So even if the payment doesn't come in, I have a fall back from the savings to rely on

2 Likes

Re: I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? by Basseybruce: 2:12pm On Aug 29, 2023
TrustNone:

as per the experience stuff, don't bother yourself, just dress up, look nice and head to your new place of work feeling optimistic... They will be the one to administer class for you, give you textbooks, give you the curriculum for the class and other statutory documents... Be prepared and read ahead of the learners... There's nothing much. Giving you all these from experience. Education Officer from Ekiti State reporting... Thumbs up.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? by TrustNone: 2:13pm On Aug 29, 2023
Kaido:
Please use this opportunity to build yourself while searching for other jobs.

Remain blessed!
Please enlighten me and throw more light on the build myself aspect.
Thanks bro I'm anticipating your response
Re: I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? by TrustNone: 2:15pm On Aug 29, 2023
Ayobeck:
Make sure u carry all d students all along and don't focus on only best students but d poor n d average,do call dem out everytime n treat dem like brothers n sisters,in case dem may pissed u up,but don't relent n don't b angry with them..every Friday conduct a mini test on d topic u thought them from Monday to Thursday..u ll pray for me after u give it a trial
Ese gan cool
Re: I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? by TrustNone: 2:17pm On Aug 29, 2023
pcagbaji:

So on top 40k you day happy
Una day try
pcagbaji:

So on top 40k you day happy
Una day try
Wetin man go do.
It's frustrating being jobless.
Sha I dey focus business but na the capitals I need gather first from this job
Re: I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? by TrustNone: 2:18pm On Aug 29, 2023
DesChyko:
Why lie?

Anyways, you are a step above the learners in experience. Leverage on that and key into your experience to drive home your lessons.

Every school has her own different policy. Arrive early, look at their lesson notes. Meet your new learners. Stand on one toe and observe everything that is the school's policy. Unlearn and Relearn everyday. Actually, the best learning is starting from the scratch.
thank you very much brother
Re: I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? by Akerele44(m): 2:19pm On Aug 29, 2023
TrustNone:

I'll trek though, I have a target with that money, got to venture into business with it's CAPITALS.
So even if the payment doesn't come in, I have a fall back from the savings to rely on
That’s good because transport fare consumes alot nowadays

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? by udohalex(m): 2:23pm On Aug 29, 2023
First of all, what course did you study in University? That will determine my response because I'm a teacher by profession.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Dear 2016 Applicant, You Are To Partake In The Physical Verification Exercise. / My Boss Fined Me 10k For An Assignment On Sunday / Dear Job Seeker, Don't Think Yourself Into Depression

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.