Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,533 members, 7,812,655 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:56 PM

Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. (79220 Views)

Japa: I Need Assistance On My Planned Relocation To Denmark / JAPA: I Used To Enjoy A Comfortable Life Back Home - Man Laments In UK (video) / JAPA: I Want To Leave Nigeria To New Zealand Or UK (advice Needed) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by descarado: 12:54pm On Sep 03, 2023
Acidosis:

Are you saying that parents in Western countries are able to afford these things? Why do students abroad owe school fees? Are you also aware that, while the UK was increasing fees for international students, UK/EU students had their fees reduced? Every Nigerian student you see in the UK pay more than the average UK citizen. Yet these people still find themselves in debt.

Nothing is easy anywhere. I agree that the world has become a global environment but that's actually an advantage to people who want to stay back. I'm sure you're aware that some Nigerians now earn $$$ from Gbagada and Mowe. More so, the idea of education is fast changing.

We are in an era where Elon Musk will pay you $8000 for creating a s**upid content on Twitter.

Some children will grow up wondering why we box them into the 6-3-3-4 thing. As much as we desire the best for them and want to use them to achieve the dreams we couldn't achieve, we should be mindful, so we don't make the same mistakes our fathers made.
Haba, take am easy na.
Who told you uk was reducing school fees for their citizens?
There is God o.
International students anywhere in the world pay higher school fees.
You don't have to be a citizen to pay what citizens are paying as long as you meet the legal requirement of being in uk 3 yrs plus and the rest.
You may not be eligible for student loan cos you are still new but as long as you have been in uk for up to 5 yrs, you are eligible for student loan. Citizen or not.

Also this yr, the criteria for repaying student loan get tighter unlike other yrs.
International students use school route to come in and believe they will work to offset their debt and in doing so neglect their studies. Some Nigerians cone in to read some nonsense. They abandon school and start working so uk govt placed 20hrs work max time for them which is more effective this year.

Make una dey take am easy pls.
Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by Firefunmi2014: 1:06pm On Sep 03, 2023
aliucity1:
Relax my brother.Your write up made me remember how it was for me last year May when I was about relocating to the UK with my kids.

My wife is a nurse.When we were planning relocating,I was the one who motivated my wife to read and study for all the exams that she needed to write for us to relocate.Infact,I was the one who sponsored my wife in school of nursing after searching for job as a human physiologist to no avail.

When God eventually opened the way and my wife had gone to the UK,it was time for me to join her.Meanwhiel,the kids were with me and my wife s cousin who was staying with us at that time.

The pressure was mounting from my wife to come over with the kids.She had rented 3 bedroom apartment,made everything set for us to come but all of a sudden,I developed cold feet.

I remember I also came in here to seek for advice. Alot of people advised that I take the step and start a new life in the UK.Finally,I made up my mind and I came here with my family.

Lest I forget, I wasn't earning anything close to what you are earning because I was just a federal civil servant with a monthly pay of about 150k.My age as at then was 40 years.

Fast forward to today,I thank the Lord for making me to take that bold step.I haven't gotten my desired job but I have been able to change jobs as often as I love.Currenrly,I work in the NHS as a pharmacy assistant and I tell you bro,it is worth it FINANCIALLY. What I get in a month with my wife's earning is boom.

The point is,please take this step and help yourself as well as your children.They will forever be grateful to you for this breakthrough. I have 3 kids and they are always grateful to us for bringing them to the UK.They have sound and undiluted education and it is FREE from nursery to secondary education.

Weigh your options and decide what you want.I believe you will be okay if you conquer your fears and run with FAITH.

God bless you sir.

I have a similar story. My wife didn't even like UK, she likes Canada and one of her close friends told her that she should try UK and she got a job. Her relocation allowance she qualified for was £8,000. She practically came to UK with all expenses paid by her employer.

As a responsible husband the only thing you can do to support her if you really love your family is to join her. I told myself I will be coming to UK on quarterly basis, by the time I did that in June and couldn't go in 3rd quarter, I started feeling bad. As a man how long will you stay without having sex, if you are child of God you didn't want to involve yourself in adultery, don't let anyone lie to you , temptation will come and you will fall like a pack of cards.

I came in November, by January I got a finance role and is paying my bills for now. I have applied and got interviewed for financial controller role which is a senior role, but yet to secure one but very soon, it will happen.

It is all about planning and God on one side. It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by juman(m): 1:50pm On Sep 03, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyepzvf9Kro&ab_channel=Kaizabi

"Dont come to canada if you are stable at home".
Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by EndRape2(f): 2:39pm On Sep 03, 2023
Every body talking made sense, unfortunately you are the only idot that did not make sense. Must you always bring your damaged soul to comment on all post,

Have a plan B, why will he do that when he has a good family, and who told you all women are interested in controlling their partne r?

flokii:
@OP Didn't you guys agree on relocation before your wife left for studies?..

In whatever you do, don't sell off your properties here in Nigeria cos it might be the only thing you'd fall back to.
When your wife completes her studies and secures a good job or pay rise, then you'd see her true nature. She'll want to be the one controlling you and be making all the decisions.

Summary of it all.. Plan well and have plan B in case things go south.

1 Like

Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by Ikembasunda1(m): 2:53pm On Sep 03, 2023
I will advice you to stop taking advice from that side chik that's deceiving you not to go and explore urself. She will leave you when the time comes.
Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by Acidosis(m): 3:27pm On Sep 03, 2023
psylliumhusk1:

When i see comments like this, I feel bad. I earn much much than 1.1m but but i dont see how im living large. I feel like maybe im soo wasteful. I also need to leave this country cos i know i will earn much more without location restriction and the profiling we get as freelancers from nigeria. Biko nwoke japa abeg!

Hmmn...well as long as you know what you do with your money. Maybe you're the type that loves to give. There's more to wealth than asset acquisition. But I'll advise that you plan and plan well. The world is fast evolving. I always remind myself how Blackberry, Symbian OS, and so many booming trends of those days died suddenly. Nothing lasts forever. Nothing bothers me more than grace to grass stories so we all need to plan.

I'm not against any form of migration though. I only advocate that people know why they're traveling and make informed decisions. If you're traveling for the money/wealth, a strategy that always works is to examine the lives of those who are doing the same job you intend to do when you get there. Do their lifestyles and living condition (not salary) align with what you desire? etc. Sites like Quora will help.

1 Like

Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by Acidosis(m): 3:44pm On Sep 03, 2023
descarado:

Haba, take am easy na.
Who told you uk was reducing school fees for their citizens?
There is God o.
International students anywhere in the world pay higher school fees.
You don't have to be a citizen to pay what citizens are paying as long as you meet the legal requirement of being in uk 3 yrs plus and the rest.
You may not be eligible for student loan cos you are still new but as long as you have been in uk for up to 5 yrs, you are eligible for student loan. Citizen or not.

Also this yr, the criteria for repaying student loan get tighter unlike other yrs.
International students use school route to come in and believe they will work to offset their debt and in doing so neglect their studies. Some Nigerians cone in to read some nonsense. They abandon school and start working so uk govt placed 20hrs work max time for them which is more effective this year.

Make una dey take am easy pls.

What part of my post don't you agree with exactly? You have only reiterated my views to an extent.

I don't think any japa person will meet the criteria in the first place. If I have to be in the UK for 3 years to qualify for low tuition or loan, I don't think I would be applying for study/student visa.

That being said, my views are based on constant and consistent interaction with Nigerian students in the UK.

1 Like

Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by Daataane: 7:20pm On Sep 03, 2023
Hello Naira land family. I need someone or a group of people that can sponsor me to travel to UK, Canada or Australia.. I can drive car (manual and automatic) . I will pay back with interest all expenses involved
I aspire to go to truck driving school but the money they are calling here in Lagos I can't afford it ..and I don't know anyone to follow do motor boy . These are the 2 things I need currently . Any of the above mentioned assistance is highly appreciated. Thanks
My email ;ugwa1147@gmail.com
Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by descarado: 7:30pm On Sep 03, 2023
Acidosis:

What part of my post don't you agree with exactly? You have only reiterated my views to an extent.

I don't think any japa person will meet the criteria in the first place. If I have to be in the UK for 3 years to qualify for low tuition or loan, I don't think I would be applying for study/student visa.

That being said, my views are based on constant and consistent interaction with Nigerian students in the UK.

How will you come in legally if not through study visa?

Well, you know Nigerians, do we ever say the truth.
We always say things so people will pity us.

Go to UK govt website. Anything you need to know about school fees is there. Not them say. Even me wey dey uk and into the system, they lie to me a lot.
Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by Love800(m): 12:50pm On Sep 04, 2023
So if one have learned one of all this skills u listed, how will one now apply to travel?
Igboslayer:
You are just scared of the uncertainty... But if you are sure you can put in the hard work before 50, things can work out well for you in Australia. Learn some new skills, like Trailer driving, Tractor Operation,Forklift Operations, Pail loader Operation, crane operation etc. You will get job easily with these skills. And you can learn within few weeks. You will thank me later.
Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by Love800(m): 12:57pm On Sep 04, 2023
If am done learning the forklift, hw will i apply to travel?
DukeNija:

Oga please go and meet your wife. That is the only option you have if you love your family. Staying back here is not even on the table. Read for your accounting professional exams and also learn the forklift driving. You’re good to go. You have a wonderful madam as wife.
God bless her.
Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by UnfairLife7(m): 1:11pm On Sep 04, 2023
obaidan:

I get what ýou are saying, i agree with you on a lot of things u said. I am not familiar with what happens in the UK. I am aware of what happens in the US. You are correct, the fees of citizens is far lesser than those of internationals. They also don't have restrictions on the number hours they can work. As a matter of fact, a lot of them earn much more than their semester tuition in the 4 months that make up a semester and top companies literally come to invite them for very well paid internship leaving behind internationals with better grades. A lot of them still on sport scholarship, all manner of funny scholarships at least in the US, yet they accumulate so much debt...I have realized that it is just a consequence of the lives they choose to live. A lot of them start with scholarships but fail and have low GPAs and those scholarship are dropped, so they are left with accumulating federal student loans which they can keep accumulating. When federal loan is paid to school, some of them drop some courses(which they registered initially and used to get federal loan paid to school) and that refund goes into their student account which they then cash out to enjoy life. I domt know if that is peculiar to some schools that i know or its like that in all schools across the US. The truth is that a lot of them will just shout student loan is killing me, please tell them to account for how the loan was used, you will start hearing nigbati. You earn 2k a month as a student, ur semester tuition isn't more than 6k which will still be reduced with side scholarships....how are you accumulating loans that will kill you. Some of them celebrate convocation with testimonies of graduating with zero debt or something very little, majority of the ones graduating with so much debt made their choices. It's not easy for real but if the right choices are made, it's not terrible, it's just growing up to be responsible early in life.

You are right, young people are taking advantage of tech, remote jobs and earning USD from ikorodu, but then don't forget not every discipline can operate remotely. Tech is just a small percentage of the entire bunch. A lot of middle aged people want their kids to do sports, it can't be done from gbagada or more, they are better off on ground. Medicine is better off on ground. Many more like that.

Yes content creation is the new money but what if my child has his talent in something else. I think the reason people say they are relocating abroad is so that when a child says daddy I want to be become this, there shouldn't be any reason why a parent should feel, will that be possible? Kids in Nigeria will tell their parents they want to become astronaut or pilot, parents will be like, oya say another one.

Interesting

Please is it possible for international students on full funding program in US to get the 2k monthly jobs? Sorry do you mean a US citizen has upper hand and more opportunities in landing jobs after school than most international students? How then would international students secure jobs after school? Thanks
Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by Love800(m): 1:22pm On Sep 04, 2023
Which medium did u use and relocate?

What country are u in?
bejick:

I was a Piping Engineer in the Oil and Gas industry earning better 7 digit, Omo as a cleaner here I earn more than the Oyel and gas money oo grin grin grin. If God come help me now get same Oyel and gas work for this side oboy my balling no go be here. Abeg stay back for Nigeria to do what If you stay complete one year for better abroad come go back Nigeria you will see how chaotic Nigeria is. Omo no go fit stay again.
Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by UnfairLife7(m): 1:40pm On Sep 04, 2023
EduTechTainMent:

You seem to be contradicting yourself sir. Weren't you the one whose post I read above stating the world is now more of a global village? If you weren't the one, then I apologise. My bad!!

Yes networking is good, but you don't need to be abroad to make/have the right network. LinkedIn and other social media platforms have changed the narrative in this regard. What global opportunities exist can be harnessed by all irrespective of location. All you need is the right minimum education, guide, skillset and grace.

Like I said it's all relative anyways. We all have varying yardsticks with which we measure success or failure. Personally for me, going abroad to work or schooling abroad isn't a recipe for success in life.

Cheers
I personally know some students from poor home that graduated with first-class and strong 2.1. They got full funding scholarship in US for MS and PhD. They stay put after studies and change the furtunes of their lives and that of their families. I tell you if most of these guys are in Nigeria, I tell you majority will be living from hand to mouth like their counterparts in Nigeria. I know same first-class and 2.1 in Nigeria wasting away either jobless or underemployed.

Would you advise these guys making exploits in US and other countries to have stay put in Nigeria instead of relocating through study to better their lives and that of their families?
Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by Immortal99(m): 1:44pm On Sep 04, 2023
Firefunmi2014:

I am an FCA like you, I have my firm in Nigeria and still making money from Naija, to be honest with you I have only converted pound to Naira once and all the money have been spending in Nigeria is being made from Nigeria. You can DM , let's talk further.

Good day sir,

Sorry to bother, I'm Accountant with over 6 years experience(Tally,Sage,& Quickbooks) 2.1 graduate...Should have gotten Ican Certification by now but never really gotten good paying job to fund that.
Please if you have any vacancy,kindly let me know.

I reside in abuja but can relocate to Lagos.
Thanks and God bless

1 Like

Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by obaidan: 2:39pm On Sep 04, 2023
UnfairLife7:
Interesting

Please is it possible for international students on full funding program in US to get the 2k monthly jobs? Sorry do you mean a US citizen has upper hand and more opportunities in landing jobs after school than most international students? How then would international students secure jobs after school? Thanks
It is tough for international students to get 2k a month job while in school BuT nothing is I possible. However, depending on a lot of things like location, how hardworking you are and other things, it is possible for an international student on full funding to be making 2k a month or more...

Yes US citizens and green card holders have lesser hurdles in terms of securing jobs after school. As an international, you will still secure jobs too, it's just that life is easier for citizens BUT this is just d way it is everywhere in the world. As a visitor, u will have to do extra. That citizens find it easier is not a pro let for an international, the jobs are there if u make yourself fit for the jobs.
Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by luvyaself95(m): 7:59am On Sep 05, 2023
This kind experience pesin like me never get am
Mek i get am first
Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by bejick(m): 10:17am On Sep 05, 2023
Love800:
Which medium did u use and relocate?

What country are u in?

Dependant Visa via study route, UK
Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by Love800(m): 12:53pm On Sep 05, 2023
Hw can u use study route while u the one going out to work?
bejick:

Dependant Visa via study route, UK
Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by bejick(m): 6:19am On Sep 06, 2023
Love800:
Hw can u use study route while u the one going out to work?

Your eye dey pain you like you did not see the DEPENDENT VISA via study route
Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by Igboslayer: 9:46am On Sep 06, 2023
Love800:
So if one have learned one of all this skills u listed, how will one now apply to travel?
Find your way to Canada, Australia or US legally... And get jobs waiting for you. For Canada google and search for immigration lawyer that can represent you, tell him about your skill set.. it comes with a fee though, they can make employment application from there and if successful, file in your documents and you are ready to travel legally with jobs waiting for you. Cheers
Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by Love800(m): 9:52am On Sep 06, 2023
Ok. Tank u.
Did they have particular website for dis?
Igboslayer:
Find your way to Canada, Australia or US legally... And get jobs waiting for you. For Canada google and search for immigration lawyer that can represent you, tell him about your skill set.. it comes with a fee though, they can make employment application from there and if successful, file in your documents and you are ready to travel legally with jobs waiting for you. Cheers
Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by Igboslayer: 10:56am On Sep 06, 2023
Love800:
Ok. Tank u.
Did they have particular website for dis?
Google immigration lawyer in Canada, New Zealand and Australia. Pick the ones you are comfortable with. Shoot them an email about your intentions and skill set. Ask them to look for employment for you that you intend to migrate. Don't be afraid to call them...make sure you speak directly to them so that you can get good response. (It comes with a fee though) but it's better than giving your money to any clueless agent that can mess up your future for financial gains. Ask questions and they will be willing to help and work you up to a point of success. No ,I won't recommend anyone, do your findings, it's quite easy. Don't give any Nigerian agent your money, if any qualifications is need, do well to achieve them.
Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by Love800(m): 11:11am On Sep 06, 2023
Ok. Tank u so much
Igboslayer:
Google immigration lawyer in Canada, New Zealand and Australia. Pick the ones you are comfortable with. Shoot them an email about your intentions and skill set. Ask them to look for employment for you that you intend to migrate. Don't be afraid to call them...make sure you speak directly to them so that you can get good response. (It comes with a fee though) but it's better than giving your money to any clueless agent that can mess up your future for financial gains. Ask questions and they will be willing to help and work you up to a point of success. No ,I won't recommend anyone, do your findings, it's quite easy. Don't give any Nigerian agent your money, if any qualifications is need, do well to achieve them.
Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by sukkot: 2:13pm On Sep 06, 2023
Gerrard59:

God go bless you. Una don see how people dey take advise others regarding relocation? Whereas Sukkot and his gangsters especially the one who terms himself RaptoX would spew mumbo-jumbo up and down?

See it?

cc; Apart from the stated age, we share the same philosophy.
bros Gerrard you dey vex ooo lol
Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by Usefulsense: 12:35pm On Sep 07, 2023
wishesbeast:
Forklifts are not easy to manage. You have to take good care of them. If your forklift needs maintainence you should opt for types of forklift. Don't let forklift issues slow down your operations. Contact today for reliable services and maintenance for all types of forklifts. We're dedicated to keeping your business moving!

This thread is not about forklift maintenance.

Please don't derail it.
Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by Usefulsense: 4:09pm On Sep 08, 2023
Jbmoney:
Its a new world entirely but u are blessed to have a soft landing. Your wife have prepared shelter and with PR and her job ....u are r kind of secured. I guess she must be a nurse cuz they get PR faster.
Forget ur Naija ican/account stuff...wont fly here. U need skill....first bring along ur drivers license cuz u will need it. Easy jobs to get include carer jobs....bro u will be paid handsomely. U need good skills...u can easily join TAFE with ur PR to acquire skills without paying a dime. TAFE is like technical school which enable u to get cert 2,3 etc. Your wife would understand what am talking about. Age is not a barrier here o. Ordinary cleaners live a better life than a bank manager in Nigeria. 1.1m naira is week salary here for most people. U will understand when touch ground.Which city are u coming to? Im inow in Maitland ,Hunter regions. NSW.

I sent you a mail.
Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by sonety2k(m): 2:34am On Sep 13, 2023
Following
Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by Obierika(m): 5:01pm On Sep 16, 2023
Usefulsense:
This is my story. Please advice.

I sent my wife to Australia in 2021 on student visa.

She has invited us, myself and our children aged 12 and 9 and our visa is out. I have also paid like 6 months fees for my children school which was a requirement for the visa.

Owing to her performance at her work place, the company she works for has promised to sponsor for PR. Infact, the process just began and we are sure of having the PR.

I am currently 48 and won't be able to support my family working in Nigeria. Wify has encouraged me that we will be fine that abroad is meant for 2 people.

My only constraint is my age, hence my question. If you are in my shoe, will you travel?

By the way, I work for a private firm here in Nigeria and you know what it is working for a family company.

Have you finally made a decision?
Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by Usefulsense: 3:09am On Sep 17, 2023
Obierika:

Have you finally made a decision?

I am leaving Nigeria.

My children cannot wait to join their mummy after almost 2 years.

I cannot leave my family in Australia and stay back in Nigeria. No way.

Currently learning some skills.
Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by Obierika(m): 11:24am On Sep 17, 2023
Usefulsense:

I am leaving Nigeria.

My children cannot wait to join their mummy after almost 2 years.

I cannot leave my family in Australia and stay back in Nigeria. No way.

Currently learning some skills.

I wish you best of luck!

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Visa To Mexico Is Not As Difficult As You Think ! / The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany / Aerial Photos Of Ogbaru, Onitsha From Second Niger Bridge Site

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.