Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,498 members, 7,812,538 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:59 PM

Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. (79214 Views)

Japa: I Need Assistance On My Planned Relocation To Denmark / JAPA: I Used To Enjoy A Comfortable Life Back Home - Man Laments In UK (video) / JAPA: I Want To Leave Nigeria To New Zealand Or UK (advice Needed) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by Validated: 11:29am On Sep 02, 2023
Usefulsense:

To be honest with you, the plan is for the entire family to migrate.

In fact, i did my ielts last year and made 7,7, 7.5, 7

As soon as our visa grant came out, I started developing cold feet on account of age.

She has advised that I go and learn forklift driving.
I will commence that this month.
You are unserious fellow. When people of 60 years are looking to work you are at home slaving for Chief Lagbaja family. They really got you.
Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by Igboslayer: 11:29am On Sep 02, 2023
Usefulsense:
This is my story. Please advice.

I sent my wife to Australia in 2021 on student visa.

She has invited us, myself and our children aged 12 and 9 and our visa is out. I have also paid like 6 months fees for my children school which was a requirement for the visa.

Owing to her performance at her work place, the company she works for has promised to sponsor for PR. Infact, the process just began and we are sure of having the PR.

I am currently 48 and won't be able to support my family working in Nigeria. Wify has encouraged me that we will be fine that abroad is meant for 2 people.

My only constraint is my age, hence my question. If you are in my shoe, will you travel?

By the way, I work for a private firm here in Nigeria and you know what it is working for a family company.

You are just scared of the uncertainty... But if you are sure you can put in the hard work before 50, things can work out well for you in Australia. Learn some new skills, like Trailer driving, Tractor Operation,Forklift Operations, Pail loader Operation, crane operation etc. You will get job easily with these skills. And you can learn within few weeks. You will thank me later.
Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by rotadeco27: 11:30am On Sep 02, 2023
Usefulsense:

She has invited us, myself and our children aged 12 and 9 and our visa is out. I have also paid like 6 months fees for my children school which was a requirement for the visa.

Owing to her performance at her work place, the company she works for has promised to sponsor for PR. Infact, the process just began and we are sure of having the PR.

I am currently 48 and won't be able to support my family working in Nigeria. Wify has encouraged me that we will be fine that abroad is meant for 2 people.

My only constraint is my age, hence my question. If you are in my shoe, will you travel?

By the way, I work for a private firm here in Nigeria and you know what it is working for a family company.

Oga hear me very well, Iam a doctor and willing to do that.
Just go and do not have any hesitation.
Once u can drive well , go learn how to drive trucks , believe you me, you will make more money than your wife. Australia is a low taxed county, and people that do such aforementioned works make good cash. I have many friends over there encouraging me to come around, I was asked to do same so I can be working while preparing for AMC, then go back into the health sector. For the sake of your children and your sanity go make money and return to invest. Your children will have topnotch education and exposure, it will be easier to migrate to other climes of your choice and usually withing 4 yrs or so you people will be citizen. Now that our currency is messed up, working abroad and investing back home is the best company any one can establish,just have a trust worth person back home.

2 Likes

Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by Wodu89: 11:30am On Sep 02, 2023
maasoap:

Caged? If you think you are caged in Nigeria, travel to Canada or Australia and know the true meaning of being caged. grin grin grin

He's not talking about income but his age.

The cage abroad are self induced and personality lifestyles. Please.
Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by Blazebond(m): 11:33am On Sep 02, 2023
Only a fool will tell you not to be afraid of the UNCERTAINTY and at the same time,only a coward will tell you to be afraid of the UNCERTAINTY,life is an adventure and the best people to take on that adventure with is FAMILY,I advise you to have a sweet talk with your wife and lay out all this your fears to her i.e your age advancement,and your lucrative employment that you currently have in Nigeria,also tell her that you might find it difficult to switch from a comfortable white collar clerical job to a more physically demanding blue collar and somewhat below your status job,let her know all this things,speak to her,let her voice and reasonings assure you that all will be fine then shake that fear and vamoose at once to AUSTRALIA,I wish you and your family the best in your new adventures.

3 Likes

Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by somehow: 11:33am On Sep 02, 2023
If what you earn in Nigeria is below ₦500k net and you're not established here already, move.

But be ready to be a 4th class citizen and be ready to serve your more x 2 of how it was before.

She's going to be the leader not because she's better or highly placed than you, but because the western society place her above everyone else including the children.

It becomes worse if your stay there is going to depend on her (document and everything else).

Learn from the thread below:

https://www.nairaland.com/7825615/nigerian-man-asked-leave-uk#125520484
Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by DWJOBScom(m): 11:36am On Sep 02, 2023
Wodu89:

You will receive satanic advice that will scatter what you've been building privately. Oga travel and explore, see the world. Refuse to the caged. You can't earn lower than Nigeria in Aussie, not even it's equals. So why stalling ?

God bless you for thar advise
People are just in a hurry to be old abeg

1 Like

Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by maasoap(m): 11:36am On Sep 02, 2023
Acidosis:
As long as your wife can/will feed you without complaints (just in case things do not turn out well for you), then you will be fine.

Your concerns are very valid. Not many 48 year old men would leave a N1.1m accounting job in Nigeria to go kill snakes in Australia as someone suggests here. I won't do it at gun point.

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by PJAR: 11:36am On Sep 02, 2023
I admire your courage and must salute your wife.
I sincerely wish you and your family success.
Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by biafranrealson: 11:36am On Sep 02, 2023
Thought you have a better story
Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by vRendoh(m): 11:36am On Sep 02, 2023
Wodu89:

You will receive satanic advice that will scatter what you've been building privately. Oga travel and explore, see the world. Refuse to the caged. You can't earn lower than Nigeria in Aussie, not even it's equals. So why stalling ?

Bros, na you I thank pass! You know, life faces biggest challenge when things are about turning good. Yes, birds of all kind visit the tree when the fruits are ripened. This Bros mind don dey think double! May the Lord help him

1 Like

Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by occfx: 11:36am On Sep 02, 2023
Wodu89:

I don't understand the simp... How comfortable he is without his wife in a slave company and country? I suspect one small girl is holding him hostage here with either big nyash or jazz. Wife is so clean to encourage him to come over and he is reluctant. May be he is sick and depending on natural Nigeria herbs, that i understand sha but don't bother if another ganja man take over your role in za oza room. The main thing is to be happy and do whatever works for you
Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by 7arrows: 11:36am On Sep 02, 2023
Usefulsense:

Guy I dey the same boat with u. Just do what will make u happy.
Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by hush15: 11:37am On Sep 02, 2023
Usefulsense:

Honestly, the way people limit themselves ehn, so you think the older you get, the less you can accomplish?

Your wife is encouraging you, except you and your wife are not in good terms, what is holding you back. Life is an adventure, explore and expand your horizon., as long as you have the support of your wife.
Two things, it's either you are enjoying free money here that's either from politics or inherited wealth and not from skill and ingenuity. Those two things are not location dependant but applicable wherever you are in the world. So the ball is in your court.

This question wey you dey ask, na inferiority complex dey worry and that alone can be a hindrance to your success.

1 Like

Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by DWJOBScom(m): 11:37am On Sep 02, 2023
Pappij:

Age is not a barrier, your mindset could be.

I'm about your age and made a similar move earlier this year, although with a slightly larger family composition.

See, with your work experience; you are good to go. One or two certifications on the side will be the icing on the cake.

Just pray and concentrate on your craft, you will be fine. Jitters are fine but shouldn't deter you.

Spot on
Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by bitingcool: 11:38am On Sep 02, 2023
Usefulsense:

I earn a little less than, N1.1m monthly net.
I am a qualified accountant.

But you see, working for a private company in Nigeria, not easy bro.
an accountant can never lack jobs, when you get there develop yasef in AI too. u go fey coast. 48 is still young oo, some of your mates never marry sef

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by Goodman2023: 11:38am On Sep 02, 2023
Usefulsense:

What was your motive of sending her to Australia ?
Like you did not consider your age before making that decision ?
Or you just want to create content ?
Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by DukeNija(m): 11:39am On Sep 02, 2023
Usefulsense:

Thanks Acidosis.

Is it the snake killing part that you cannot do at gun point or leaving a #1.1m salary a month for another job in Australia?

Oga please go and meet your wife. That is the only option you have if you love your family. Staying back here is not even on the table. Read for your accounting professional exams and also learn the forklift driving. You’re good to go. You have a wonderful madam as wife.
God bless her.
Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by bitingcool: 11:39am On Sep 02, 2023
occfx:

I don't understand the simp... How comfortable he is without his wife in a slave company and country? I suspect one small girl is holding him hostage here with either big nyash or jazz. Wife is so clean to encourage him to come over and he is reluctant. May be he is sick and depending on natural Nigeria herbs, that i understand sha but don't bother if another ganja man take over your role in za oza room. The main thing is to be happy and do whatever works for you

lol at depending on natural Nigerian herbs... 🤣 😅 😂 🙃
Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by saasala(m): 11:39am On Sep 02, 2023
Usefulsense:

Nigerians are too money conscious. Everything is money. They only want to travel for money.

Many young men who travelled abroad will send money home to build a house so that when they clock 50 they can come back home to their father's land to relax. Na that 50 gangan wey guys dey come back you won go.

Wish you the best of luck sha

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by blaise26abj(m): 11:39am On Sep 02, 2023
Usefulsense:

As soon as our visa grant came out, I started developing cold feet on account of age.

What is your profession if I may ask ? It’s normal to fear change, Just get ready to improve it for a year there . Get all the necessary licences and certificates that will improve your marketability there. Don’t be a case of old dogs can’t learn new tricks . Be resourceful and resilient .
Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by Exceed15: 11:39am On Sep 02, 2023
Age is a thing of the mind . At 48 there's more to achieve. Pray for God's guidance.
Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by Afolue(m): 11:40am On Sep 02, 2023
Bros. move oh, even if you be 100 years old
Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by RaptorX: 11:41am On Sep 02, 2023
By the time she called the Australian police on you and throw you out like a stray dog at almost 50 your eyes go clear. Australia that have had female prime Ministers before, any Western country with female leaders past and present are hotbed of feminism.

3 Likes

Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by maasoap(m): 11:42am On Sep 02, 2023
DWJOBScom:

God bless you for thar advise
People are just in a hurry to be old abeg
Op is older than me by few years, I don't see myself chasing abroad at this age. He's doing well, money shouldn't be the reason for him. It can be the need to be with his wife and kids though. Many Nigerians must not hear the word "abroad"! When they didn't use abroad to swear for us.

2 Likes

Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by mjlbabajide(m): 11:42am On Sep 02, 2023
Guy Man,

48 years old na still young guy. Pack your things and move to Australia with immediate alacrity. Things choke wey you fit do. You can either chase career or chase money. Disability and youth work jobs choke, that pays you good coin, better coin than watin forklift go pay you. With little stress and better coin. Career sef dey. Or never even to hold to go do short course for tafe, and start all over again. In Australia you can always go as far as your mind can carry you. When you dey hear say work dey, people to do am na eim no dey.

The whole Australia runs on overtime, cos not enough workers.

3 Likes

Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by zumbigbo(m): 11:42am On Sep 02, 2023
Usefulsense:

Bros forklift driving/ lorry driving, you go chop tire
Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by bomsilaga(m): 11:42am On Sep 02, 2023
Usefulsense:

Please make the travel. There's job security here and as a PR, you will qualify for free TAFE, look for a course that is not physically demanding and that would no be too much strain as you get older. Mind you, life expectancy here is above 80, so you are just a little above half your life.
If she's paid well, you can survive on a single income.
Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by bomsilaga(m): 11:43am On Sep 02, 2023
Usefulsense:

How long will you be doing this.
Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by hush15: 11:44am On Sep 02, 2023
Usefulsense:

Oga stop whining and go and learn new things that will give and edge jare. My father that's older than you started Nursing at 60. You just started life and you already complaining. You still have active 15 to 20years, so get to work and stop complaining. Except you don't want to be liberated from the stronghold that is holding so many in Nigeria.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Visa To Mexico Is Not As Difficult As You Think ! / The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany / Aerial Photos Of Ogbaru, Onitsha From Second Niger Bridge Site

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.