Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,769 members, 7,824,230 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:47 AM

Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. (79382 Views)

Japa: I Need Assistance On My Planned Relocation To Denmark / JAPA: I Used To Enjoy A Comfortable Life Back Home - Man Laments In UK (video) / JAPA: I Want To Leave Nigeria To New Zealand Or UK (advice Needed) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by Smartguyboy(m): 7:05pm On Sep 02, 2023
chiself:

That is the thing that the 99.9%ers do not understand. If you are well off in Nigeria, you can afford to send your kids to private primary and secondary school in Nigeria and they can do quite well like Kamsiyochukwu Umeh. If while they are in primary /secondary school you continue to progress in your career, by the time they finish secondary school , you should be able to afford to sponsor their university education abroad. That is how to do it but the 99.9%ers think that coming to UK, Canada, USA automatically mean their kids are getting the best education grin

Then again maybe like parent like children. The 99.9%ers are only looking to survive and not ambitious and so are content to see their kids attend University of Peckham grin and get their Micky Mouse degrees and get second class administrative job in some council, only to find their manager was the oyinbo girl who used to be in their class in Peckham Hill College but didn't progress to University. (The 99.9%ers will say, "it is still better than Nigeria grin )

I am on page 4 and everyone is saying age is just a number grin Why would they want to give a 40+ man a job when there are lots of 20 something also looking for jobs?

It’s so Annoying many Nigerians think once they move abroad they can afford to send their kids to better university , many of them end up in many useless colleges that can’t give you a nice paying job only paycheck to paycheck.
What’s the need living in Nigeria where you earn 1.1m and live comfortably than to move abroad and start living paycheck yo paycheck?
Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by Smartguyboy(m): 7:08pm On Sep 02, 2023
Gerrard59:

In the US, this is very rampant. Second-generation Nigerian-Americans are enjoying the fruits of their parents' labour. As Americans and blacks, they enjoy lots of privileges. Access to loans to study (good a thing they study relevant courses), scholarships and job opportunities. In doing it for the children's future, I dare say first generation Nigerian-Americans have won it.

Also, as citizens, they get the first chance at attending good universities at low costs. A Nigerian from Nigeria would pay higher fees at the University of Texas. But a second generation would pay very low fees at the same university and is guaranteed automatic admission if s/he topped his/her high school graduating class in Texas.

Even with they citizenship they will still live the rest of they life paying student loan 💵 while parents who can afford it they kids won’t have to pay any student loan.
Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by ConfidentialDoc: 7:09pm On Sep 02, 2023
Usefulsense:
This is my story. Please advice.

I sent my wife to Australia in 2021 on student visa.

She has invited us, myself and our children aged 12 and 9 and our visa is out. I have also paid like 6 months fees for my children school which was a requirement for the visa.

Owing to her performance at her work place, the company she works for has promised to sponsor for PR. Infact, the process just began and we are sure of having the PR.

I am currently 48 and won't be able to support my family working in Nigeria. Wify has encouraged me that we will be fine that abroad is meant for 2 people.

My only constraint is my age, hence my question. If you are in my shoe, will you travel?

By the way, I work for a private firm here in Nigeria and you know what it is working for a family company.

You can travel ....but please don't sell anything or borrow. Always keep plan B in the back of your mind
Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by juman(m): 7:16pm On Sep 02, 2023
UnfairLife7:
And making money is like bread and butter in your shithole country?

Can SAPA people afford to relocate? You're just talking out of point oga

I am sapa person, and I am writing from abroad.
Abroad is good for sapa people that really desire to work hard.

1 Like

Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by Acidosis(m): 7:22pm On Sep 02, 2023
franchasofficia:
Really sad brother.
A lot of Nigerian men above 40yrs abandoned their jobs and businesses paying them over 1million naira monthly to migrate to UK to start all over as caregivers, factory cleaners, etc earning 1,700 pounds that is not enough to pay rent of a 3bed apartment in London, pay car insurance and maybe their utility bills, and when you ask them they say they are doing it for their kids.

Kids that will grow to forget you and forget Nigeria as they grow to embrace western culture that doesn't make it necessary to cater for your aged parents, so to what end are you abandoning your own life for kids that may never take care of you at old age?
Its just that Nigerians like following the bandwagon without weighing their options rationally, it is well oh

Hmm, well, the Buhari regime really added a lot of pressure. The way the Naira was losing value by the second had everyone reconsidering their plans.

I agree with you on the issue of children. If and when I decide to leave, it would be for somewhat selfish reasons, especially as long as my kids still depend on me for support. However, if I choose not to relocate, it's never too late; my kids will eventually grow up and make that decision for themselves.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by CedarHoldings: 7:24pm On Sep 02, 2023
Kobicove:

Australia has a large snake population grin
huh! That's serious, they need mass snake fumigation
Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by CedarHoldings: 7:36pm On Sep 02, 2023
I told kid sis in wincosin to help me find school that the duration is not more than 1 or 2years

She sent this

https://www.rhsmith.umd.edu/programs/business-masters
Most are usually 2 years though
University of South Dakota
Cameron University
Southeast Missouri State University
Central Michigan University
Worcester State University
Minnesota State University
University of Buffalo
San Francisco State University
Missouri State University
University of Tampa
You could also check social work if it might be something you think you’ll like.
Masters in social work is quite good too.

But since I don't have time and system to check it out, somebody aspiring to Japa can check it let work together,quote me for feedback, don't be selfish, we can even exchange email or my Telegram.

1 Like

Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by Aremozeezee0: 7:41pm On Sep 02, 2023
Dey play.
Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by fmstars: 7:51pm On Sep 02, 2023
Bros, even if you're 75yrs as claimed by Tinubu, kindly japa with the opportunity. When you get there only a six months course will change your entire life. Leave story for the gods. Na this type of testimony supposed to be in the church.
Naija don cast!

1 Like

Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by BarrElChapo(m): 8:00pm On Sep 02, 2023
Usefulsense:

She has invited us, myself and our children aged 12 and 9 and our visa is out. I have also paid like 6 months fees for my children school which was a requirement for the visa.

Owing to her performance at her work place, the company she works for has promised to sponsor for PR. Infact, the process just began and we are sure of having the PR.

I am currently 48 and won't be able to support my family working in Nigeria. Wify has encouraged me that we will be fine that abroad is meant for 2 people.

My only constraint is my age, hence my question. If you are in my shoe, will you travel?

By the way, I work for a private firm here in Nigeria and you know what it is working for a family company.

So your wife encouraged you to come over and you’re here asking nairalanders this question sir ? 😞
Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by Alpharey: 8:11pm On Sep 02, 2023
Oga don't look back. You are 80% their already. Exploration is spice of life
Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by senatrpaichulo(m): 8:19pm On Sep 02, 2023
Offpointng:

Adding to your skills also, Learn how to kill snakes in Nigeria, starting from, Boas to Pythons, Vipers and the likes It'd be an essential skill when you get to Australia

Like this like this, I don make like $250 today alone killing snakes for my neighbours. I not only have free money from this skill, I also have free meat for the whole of September. Thank allah for my blasting freezer

he meant you should learn the python language.
Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by UnfairLife7(m): 8:21pm On Sep 02, 2023
juman:

I am sapa person, and I am writing from abroad.
Abroad is good for sapa people that really desire to work hard.
how did you afford relocation please? I learnt SAPA cannot afford it
Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by UnfairLife7(m): 8:27pm On Sep 02, 2023
CedarHoldings:
I told kid sis in wincosin to help me find school that the duration is not more than 1 or 2years

She sent this

https://www.rhsmith.umd.edu/programs/business-masters
Most are usually 2 years though
University of South Dakota
Cameron University
Southeast Missouri State University
Central Michigan University
Worcester State University
Minnesota State University
University of Buffalo
San Francisco State University
Missouri State University
University of Tampa
You could also check social work if it might be something you think you’ll like.
Masters in social work is quite good too.

But since I don't have time and system to check it out, somebody aspiring to Japa can check it let work together,quote me for feedback, don't be selfish, we can even exchange email or my Telegram.
A mobile phone or system should give you any info you desire from these institutions. I am also a prospective students and i am already getting response from advisors of different schools in US
Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by chiself: 8:29pm On Sep 02, 2023
franchasofficia:

Nigerians love jumping into every bandwagon without thinking it through.

Cryptocurrency trading came every Nigerian became a cryptocurrency trader.

All those HYIPs aka Ponzi came every Nigerian became an investor investing millions to triple their income overnight.

Yahoo came every Nigerian boy and girl automatically became Yahoo boys and girls.

POS business came, every Nigerian turned to POS business owner.

Mini importation came, every Nigerian turned to Mini Importer.

Skit making came, every Nigerian turned to Skit Maker and Content Creator overnight.

Linda Ikeji made money in Blogging, every Nigerian turned to Blogger wanting to hammer like Linda.

There was a time every Nigerian almost turned to kidnappers kidnapping even their own siblings.

Qatar opened door, every Nigerian wan Japa to Qatar without plans.

UAE opened door every Nigerian wanted to Japa to Dubai.

UK the same.

My people make una de use una brain small oh

That is our the 99.9%ers think. If you are passing by the betting shops in London now, you will see lots of Nigeria guys, they could see the screens, the sales assistants who are not working for free, the fixtures. The betting shop will have to pay rent, electricity, tax, etc, but these guys still think they can beat the bookies consistently and they keep coming back!

I read a post by a Naija guy on Twitter earlier this week that if you had invested 1miillion naira in the stock NVIDA during Covid time, the value of the stock is now worth over 20 million naira. Imagine investing 10 million naira , that is 200 million naira! However, 99.9%ers are spending 10 Million naira just to come to the UK to wash furo grin

There are some 0.1%ers in Nigeria who are doing their research and investing on platforms such as Bamboo, Rise, Wealth ng, Cowrywise. When these people are now living the life of luxury, the 99.9%ers will say they are drug dealers, Yahoo etc.

I am not in Nigeria but I know about those platforms. Do you?
Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by dapotemi: 8:32pm On Sep 02, 2023
Usefulsense:

Bros, more than 50% of my extended family resides in Australia....Largely, I think it's a great country, decent place to raise kids, you will enjoy it...
My observation, they hardly visit home because of the distance and I notice that when they come, they hard do laulau like the Yankee and Canada people...their kids are well behaved..All their thing is low-key but they look good, no stress at all...It's a country I'll visit soon even if am 90 yrs.
Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by galantjoe(m): 8:38pm On Sep 02, 2023
Tried but failed does not kill. So, I will advice you to take up the opportunity since you have the money and wherewithal to have a successful Japa.

But, learn one or two soft skills like barbing, driving, etc before japa
Congratulations.
Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by Oshin56(m): 8:44pm On Sep 02, 2023
Please sir/ma, i don't know if Australia is OK for student and work I'm asking this question because, my immediate brother is planing to japa base on student and work, please we need someone to put us through
Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by Oshin56(m): 8:46pm On Sep 02, 2023
Please sir/ma, i don't know if Australia is OK for student and work I'm asking this question because, my immediate brother is planing to japa base on student and work, please we need someone to put us through.
Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by Offpointng: 8:48pm On Sep 02, 2023
ayofe72:
Muslims don't eat snakes.

You know nothing Jon snow. You mean Northern Muslims??
Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by obaidan: 8:56pm On Sep 02, 2023
The only thing I will tell you is this, you have everything to lose staying in Nigeria, not joining your wife. And I mean EVERYTHING. You are skilled enough, Australia is still a Virgin ground, make that move now.

You see that financial security and comfort you think you have in Nigeria, it is just an illusion.. Move now.
Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by BALLOSKI: 9:01pm On Sep 02, 2023
ednut1:
lol. But her actions so far shows she be better wife na
my guy no too sure of what to expect. He must have read what our married women become when they get there.
Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by obaidan: 9:11pm On Sep 02, 2023
Smartguyboy:

It’s so Annoying many Nigerians think once they move abroad they can afford to send their kids to better university , many of them end up in many useless colleges that can’t give you a nice paying job only paycheck to paycheck.
What’s the need living in Nigeria where you earn 1.1m and live comfortably than to move abroad and start living paycheck yo paycheck?
This is not correct at all. The school you attend doesn't necessarily limit how far u go or the kind of jobs u get. Your mindset and quality of the skill you acquire determines that. Particularly in this age. I get the living comfortably on 1.1m in naija but so it seems until you are the one earning that money and picking the bills. About living paycheck to paycheck abroad, that's fallacy of hasty generalization. See a lot of Nigerians abroad are living well above their means and that's why it appears like they live paycheck to paycheck. If you run this shit with ur reasonable partner, if you guys run your lives according to your income level, you won't live paycheck to paycheck and you don't even need a fantastic job. Abroad no be wahala, na u wan drive Tesla, buy d type of your friend house when u never really reach.

3 Likes

Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by obaidan: 9:23pm On Sep 02, 2023
Smartguyboy:

Even with they citizenship they will still live the rest of they life paying student loan 💵 while parents who can afford it they kids won’t have to pay any student loan.
One thing you should know is this...a citizen that attended high school around that top university in the US will most likely secure scholarship ahead of a smarter non citizen child coming from another country. Top companies are poaching smart kids in year 1 and year 2 for internship to earn big money because they are citizens. And i can tell you kids from naija are far smarter and even have better grades. Don't just look at the student loan....the jobs are there to pay the student loan, the reason it looks like some complain about student loan is that they are neck deep living above their means, lots of the children going to school with loans actually earn more than tuition while they are in school. Na just because dem wan live big. It's not as bad as people make it look.
Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by sheDD(m): 9:28pm On Sep 02, 2023
Usefulsense:

Currently studying day and night for Australian CPA examination.

Thank you so much sir. I'm motivated by your kind words.
I could habe advise you but it appears that the nairaland elders have don that.), they put their advices in a lighter note.
I'm not here to advice you though

I'm an ambitious and curious fellow just staring up and I'm just wondering this your FCA study program how much did it cost you to actualize.
Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by obaidan: 9:29pm On Sep 02, 2023
phemmyfour:
At 48, you can't a dream job over there. Stay behind
Wtf is this....this is so not true.
Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by franchasofficia: 9:35pm On Sep 02, 2023
chiself:

That is our the 99.9%ers think. If you are passing by the betting shops in London now, you will see lots of Nigeria guys, they could see the screens, the sales assistants who are not working for free, the fixtures. The betting shop will have to pay rent, electricity, tax, etc, but these guys still think they can beat the bookies consistently and they keep coming back!

I read a post by a Naija guy on Twitter earlier this week that if you had invested 1miillion naira in the stock NVIDA during Covid time, the value of the stock is now worth over 20 million naira. Imagine investing 10 million naira , that is 200 million naira! However, 99.9%ers are spending 10 Million naira just to come to the UK to wash furo grin

There are some 0.1%ers in Nigeria who are doing their research and investing on platforms such as Bamboo, Rise, Wealth ng, Cowrywise. When these people are now living the life of luxury, the 99.9%ers will say they are drug dealers, Yahoo etc.

I am not in Nigeria but I know about those platforms. Do you?
I have never heard about those platforms cos I got to know about HYIPs as far back as when I was an undergraduate and after initial investments on some foreign HYIPs that later crashed around 2006, and another on stocks (Diamond Bank, Bank PhB, Intercontinental, AIT, etc) that later crashed to nothing too, I learnt my lesson and made the decision never to invest a dime in anything investment programme or portfolio outside buying lands/properties and investing on my own startups and business.

I am now more of a traditional man, I only believe in investing my money in landed properties I can see and feel anytime I wanna see them grin

As for Nigerians, we don't have our own individual minds, reason we always follow whatever that's trending at the moment without finding out if it would pay us at the end or not, let's do like others first and check if it will favor us later lol
Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by UD101(m): 9:43pm On Sep 02, 2023
Usefulsense:

To be honest with you, the plan is for the entire family to migrate.

In fact, i did my ielts last year and made 7,7, 7.5, 7

As soon as our visa grant came out, I started developing cold feet on account of age.

She has advised that I go and learn forklift driving.
I will commence that this month.
Sure, it pays more than the care/support everyone's rushing to do
Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by obaidan: 9:49pm On Sep 02, 2023
Acidosis:

I tell you! Bad leadership is one of the main reasons middle age men and women are migrating to start all over.

N1.1m (Nigerian value) is a great pay anywhere in the world. There are only a few jobs/countries where your one month salary will conveniently cover your annual rent (12 months). This is the privilege this man wants to leave behind because of bad leadership.

Apart from corruption and stolen money, no governor, senator, or house of rep member in Nigeria earns N1.1m as basic monthly salary. Corruption is the reason this country is dying. On a normal level, this man ought to live larger than a commissioner and house of rep member.
Will his his 1 month salary really conveniently cover his annual rent, If he lives in Lagos or Abuja. I agree with you that 1.1m a month is a great pay in Nigeria but the problem is that the world is becoming so interconnected that the man will still need to make spending in the international market. If he doesn't have to buy clothes and the rest, at least he will send his kids to school abroad at some point, if he wants them to be competitive for opportunities on the international stage. If he has a child attending a university abroad, he will need about 25%(more in most cases) of his 1.1m salary to pay for that child's accommodation in school every month. If he intends to visit his child in school, he will buy ticket with almost his 2months salary. We have not talked about tuition and general upkeep. Very Cheap schools cost around 12k USD per semester, that is already close to the man's annual salary, there are 2 semesters in a year. If u say weytin do unilag or OAU or covenant, I will now ask u, which kind opportunities u dey hope say make the child fit explore after school.
Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by obaidan: 9:53pm On Sep 02, 2023
UD101:

Sure, it pays more than the care/support everyone's rushing to do
The man is accountant, he can easily transition to Business Analysis. Nothing also stops him from taking 1 or 2 classes and keep practicing his accounting in Australia. The fact that he seems to have a wife that may be willing to support is a plus for him, just 6 months of self development and getting required certifications that will qualify him to practice. His case is so so soft compared to 90% of Nigerians going abroad.
Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by chiself: 10:10pm On Sep 02, 2023
franchasofficia:
I have never heard about those platforms cos I got to know about HYIPs as far back as when I was an undergraduate and after initial investments on some foreign HYIPs that later crashed around 2006, and another on stocks (Diamond Bank, Bank PhB, Intercontinental, AIT, etc) that later crashed to nothing too, I learnt my lesson and made the decision never to invest a dime in anything investment programme or portfolio outside buying lands/properties and investing on my own startups and business.

I am now more of a traditional man, I only believe in investing my money in landed properties I can see and feel anytime I wanna see them grin

As for Nigerians, we don't have our own individual minds, reason we always follow whatever that's trending at the moment without finding out if it would pay us at the end or not, let's do like others first and check if it will favor us later lol

Stocks generally perform well over the long run. If you had invested $1000 in Apple stock in 1984, the value today will be $1,162,615.73. This is a buy and hold strategy not trading.

1 Like

Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by Gandrova: 10:52pm On Sep 02, 2023
Usefulsense:

To be honest with you, the plan is for the entire family to migrate.

In fact, i did my ielts last year and made 7,7, 7.5, 7

As soon as our visa grant came out, I started developing cold feet on account of age.

She has advised that I go and learn forklift driving.
I will commence that this month.
You should be grateful for having a wonderful spouse with grate vision.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Air Peace Crew To Dubai Wear ‘Isi Agu’ Suit And Red Cap / The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany / Visa To Mexico Is Not As Difficult As You Think !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.