Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,506 members, 7,812,558 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:23 PM

Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. (79216 Views)

Japa: I Need Assistance On My Planned Relocation To Denmark / JAPA: I Used To Enjoy A Comfortable Life Back Home - Man Laments In UK (video) / JAPA: I Want To Leave Nigeria To New Zealand Or UK (advice Needed) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by DrAkpamudehe: 11:27am On Sep 17, 2023
Usefulsense:

I am leaving Nigeria.

My children cannot wait to join their mummy after almost 2 years.

I cannot leave my family in Australia and stay back in Nigeria. No way.

Currently learning some skills.

Good decision. Don't waste time, otherwise konjified Naija boys in Australia who are sex starved as a result of scarcity of toto , would use your wife as target practice.
Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by Usefulsense: 1:10pm On Sep 17, 2023
Obierika:

I wish you best of luck!

Thank you Obierika.
Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by CloudTrees(f): 12:18am On Sep 20, 2023
yemmie:
@ poster .. Don't abandon your good life at 48 to Australia.
Shuttle between Australia and Lagos
Don't ever sell your house or investment to relocate at this age .. it is like committing suicide

Australia employers pays superannuation 11% per your base income. You can't access that money till you are 65 years, they want to pass a law to move to 70 years.

To live a comfortable life ( not luxury life) in Australia in Perth, you need $5000 monthly to pay mortgage and other bills. A gross salary of $180k Australia is $10,340 monthly.. only 10% of Australia professional working class earn that much.

$ A 200k - $ A 250k gross annual only 5% of professional work force earn that ..above $A250k only 1% of the work force earn that.

Tax bracket change to 45% above $A180k

Median house price for 4 bedroom house is A$650k now to purchase mortgage loan .. you deposit 20% to avoid LMI

So look at your future and think about retirement plans .. your kids have the time but not you

By 50 years of age - Nigerian with dual citizens in Australia / Canada /America should be planning of retirement ...go enjoy life with fresh palm wine, correct ponded yam in mortal -- with your childhood friends back at home in your palace ( a king in your domain) .. otherwise setting up yourself to work like clock forever

Deep insight
Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by CloudTrees(f): 1:21am On Sep 20, 2023
rotadeco27:

Oga hear me very well, Iam a doctor and willing to do that.
Just go and do not have any hesitation.
Once u can drive well , go learn how to drive trucks , believe you me, you will make more money than your wife. Australia is a low taxed county, and people that do such aforementioned works make good cash. I have many friends over there encouraging me to come around, I was asked to do same so I can be working while preparing for AMC, then go back into the health sector. For the sake of your children and your sanity go make money and return to invest. Your children will have topnotch education and exposure, it will be easier to migrate to other climes of your choice and usually withing 4 yrs or so you people will be citizen. Now that our currency is messed up, working abroad and investing back home is the best company any one can establish,just have a trust worth person back home.
Op I will encourage you to consider this.
Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by Usefulsense: 5:09am On Sep 20, 2023
Babaelemu:
Omo at 48 with lucrative job you won leave am go start afresh for foreign land... in 12 years time you'll be 60 years as a migrant with that age there's little you can do! You should be working towards retirement and not for employment. He sure for me say when you hit 60 years for abroad niger go dey hungry you na that time you go dey see life from another angle.

The lucrative job you think I have is not secured.

Our warehouse manager who was employed last year was summarily dismissed in July this year for just a simple mistake of double delivery to a customer.

We know what obtains bro.

In any case, I'm not going to Australia to start looking for papers. The papers that permits my legal stay are there.

In Australia, 60 year old are still there working.

I have seen a bank manage loss his job in Nigeria and became a taxi driver. So its not easy even in Nigeria.

My wife who has been in Au for the past two years told me that Australia is 100% better than Nigeria.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by Usefulsense: 5:17am On Sep 20, 2023
yemmie:
@ poster .. Don't abandon your good life at 48 to Australia.
Shuttle between Australia and Lagos
Don't ever sell your house or investment to relocate at this age .. it is like committing suicide

Australia employers pays superannuation 11% per your base income. You can't access that money till you are 65 years, they want to pass a law to move to 70 years.

To live a comfortable life ( not luxury life) in Australia in Perth, you need $5000 monthly to pay mortgage and other bills. A gross salary of $180k Australia is $10,340 monthly.. only 10% of Australia professional working class earn that much.

$ A 200k - $ A 250k gross annual only 5% of professional work force earn that ..above $A250k only 1% of the work force earn that.

Tax bracket change to 45% above $A180k

Median house price for 4 bedroom house is A$650k now to purchase mortgage loan .. you deposit 20% to avoid LMI

So look at your future and think about retirement plans .. your kids have the time but not you

By 50 years of age - Nigerian with dual citizens in Australia / Canada /America should be planning of retirement ...go enjoy life with fresh palm wine, correct ponded yam in mortal -- with your childhood friends back at home in your palace ( a king in your domain) .. otherwise setting up yourself to work like clock forever

I am not selling any of my properties.

In any case, I want to be with my family.

4 Likes

Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by Dgabby01: 8:38pm On Sep 24, 2023
Greetings everyone, abeg people that has idea of Canada visa process, someone that has been refused a US Study visa twice and is now planning on going to Canada for work. Please will his visa be approved and what is there interview like. Asking for a friend, your kind gesture will help alot.
Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by Usefulsense: 10:23am On Sep 25, 2023
Skills I'm currently learning towards my 'japaing'.

1. Completed learning how to barb. For the past 3 weeks, I no longer visit barbing saloon. I now barb myself and my son.

We barb every week and wify told me that 2 of us will need as much as 40 AUD to barb weekly. That expense has been taken care of permanently.

2. Currently learning learning how to drive a manual car pr3paratory to learning driving a forklift. All my life have been driving automatic.

I was advised by a friend to learn manual, that it will aid my fast understanding of driving forklift or truck.

3. Brushing my excel and power BI skills. Just in case.

4. My daughter now learn how to plait hair and fix weapon. Not for commercial purpose but to assist in fixing her mums hair when the need arises.

I will the house updated of my progress in due time.

4 Likes

Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by Deprofessional(m): 4:42pm On Sep 29, 2023
Usefulsense:

The lucrative job you think I have is not secured.

Our warehouse manager who was employed last year was summarily dismissed in July this year for just a simple mistake of double delivery to a customer.

We know what obtains bro.

In any case, I'm not going to Australia to start looking for papers. The papers that permits my legal stay are there.

In Australia, 60 year old are still there working.

I have seen a bank manage loss his job in Nigeria and became a taxi driver. So its not easy even in Nigeria.

My wife who has been in Au for the past two years told me that Australia is 100% better than Nigeria.

This is what most people fail to understand.
Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by Usefulsense: 7:12pm On Oct 01, 2023
Deprofessional:

This is what most people fail to understand.
Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by Usefulsense: 2:47pm On Oct 25, 2023
I thank God for pushing me to pay for my flight ticket and those of my 2 children in February this year.

I would have been difficult to cough out more than 6 million to pay for the same tickets that cost me less than 2 million in February 2023.

2 Likes

Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by Usefulsense: 6:17pm On Nov 18, 2023
aysnoopy:

Village people are whispering to you not to go. This I've seen

This made ne laugh.

I bound all village demons years back when I met Christ. They have no power over me.

1 Like

Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by Usefulsense: 12:12pm On Nov 19, 2023
juman:

You are right.
He should not throw away his grace, success and happiness to embrace defeat, failure and sadness.

Over a million naira job is big job most people in abroad would jump onto to grab if they have the chance.

A million Naira job in a family business that you aren't sire you will survive the next 2 months.
Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by DEBJOCH1(m): 4:46pm On Dec 04, 2023
Offpointng:

Adding to your skills also, Learn how to kill snakes in Nigeria, starting from, Boas to Pythons, Vipers and the likes It'd be an essential skill when you get to Australia

Like this like this, I don make like $250 today alone killing snakes for my neighbours. I not only have free money from this skill, I also have free meat for the whole of September. Thank allah for my blasting freezer
. AND YOU ARE STILL WALKING FREELY WITHOUT BEING ARESTED FOR VIOLATING ANIMAL RIGHT?.
Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by Usefulsense: 11:51am On Dec 15, 2023
Landed in Australia Saturday December 9th, 2023.

I will make a post of my experience so far.

3 Likes

Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by aremutaiwo960(m): 12:28pm On Dec 15, 2023
Congratulations to you sir! the land will favour you and your family.
Usefulsense:

Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by Dgabby01: 9:14am On Dec 16, 2023
Congratulations 👏
Usefulsense:

Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by ttmax09(m): 10:25am On Dec 30, 2023
Usefulsense:

Congratulations sir and happy new year.
Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by mokset123: 10:59am On Feb 14
Usefulsense:
This is my story. Please advice.

I sent my wife to Australia in 2021 on student visa.

She has invited us, myself and our children aged 12 and 9 and our visa is out. I have also paid like 6 months fees for my children school which was a requirement for the visa.

Owing to her performance at her work place, the company she works for has promised to sponsor for PR. Infact, the process just began and we are sure of having the PR.

I am currently 48 and won't be able to support my family working in Nigeria. Wify has encouraged me that we will be fine that abroad is meant for 2 people.

My only constraint is my age, hence my question. If you are in my shoe, will you travel?

By the way, I work for a private firm here in Nigeria and you know what it is working for a family company.

hope u took our advice oh. How is Australia
Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by Usefulsense: 11:28am On Feb 18
mokset123:
hope u took our advice oh. How is Australia

I cam into Australia December 9th 2023.

Australia is a good country.

1 Like

Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by mokset123: 3:06pm On Feb 18
Usefulsense:

I cam into Australia December 9th 2023.

Australia is a good country.
Awesome, glad to hear. Wishing you all the best
Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by alphabbey1(m): 2:15am On Mar 29
olril17:

God bless you sir
The comments are shocking and horrendous.
A 48 year old man should abandon certainty to Jump to an uncertain life. It’s like committing sucide.
An Accountant at 48 should go and learn forklifting or settle for care jobs.
The absolute state of these comments. Do they really think life anywhere is really that easy?
We are too gullible in this country.
The man will regret making such move for the rest of his life.

He has moved, created another thread on how moving was the best decision of his life; what do you have to say about that ?

Some of you that have not crossed the border will just open mouth and criticize based on what you read on the media or lies your friends that refused to come home tells you... 1.1 million naira salary is what you want to compare with what the man will earn in Australia and standard of living for him and his family ? ... The way it's hard to make 1 million naira per month in Nigeria really makes many of you think that's a lot of money

Looking at the quality of indomie sold in Nigeria and the one sold in abroad is enough comparison of standard of living...

3 Likes

Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by oliverano: 12:06pm On Apr 01
ednut1:
Why are you scared You are not confident of your own skills You dont want to take courses or certifications that will improve your chances Abeg pack ya bag

You're a legend ednut. God bless you!
Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by ednut1(m): 3:39pm On Apr 01
oliverano:

You're a legend ednut. God bless you!
😆
Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by DavidEsq(m): 6:43am On Apr 02
Offpointng:

Adding to your skills also, Learn how to kill snakes in Nigeria, starting from, Boas to Pythons, Vipers and the likes It'd be an essential skill when you get to Australia

Like this like this, I don make like $250 today alone killing snakes for my neighbours. I not only have free money from this skill, I also have free meat for the whole of September. Thank allah for my blasting freezer
U were joking right? Werey🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by 1Metric: 10:04pm On Apr 02
Please any reliable travel agent. Sincere comment pls. I’m a resident in Dubai with family.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Visa To Mexico Is Not As Difficult As You Think ! / The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany / Aerial Photos Of Ogbaru, Onitsha From Second Niger Bridge Site

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.