Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,442 members, 7,812,321 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:36 AM

Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. (79207 Views)

Japa: I Need Assistance On My Planned Relocation To Denmark / JAPA: I Used To Enjoy A Comfortable Life Back Home - Man Laments In UK (video) / JAPA: I Want To Leave Nigeria To New Zealand Or UK (advice Needed) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by Acidosis(m): 8:45pm On Sep 01, 2023
Usefulsense:

Thanks Acidosis.

Is it the snake killing part that you cannot do at gun point or leaving a #1.1m salary a month for another job in Australia?

Not necessarily. As I age, I believe I would be less inclined to take certain risks. At 50 years old, I certainly won't exchange certainty for uncertainty. After 20-25 years of accounting practice, I wouldn't consider learning how to kill snakes or operate a forklift, regardless of the $$$ offered.

Please note that these are my personal views, and I'm not advising or suggesting that you go or stay back.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by Rictech: 9:02pm On Sep 01, 2023
Firefunmi2014:

I am an FCA like you, I have my firm in Nigeria and still making money from Naija, to be honest with you I have only converted pound to Naira once and all the money have been spending in Nigeria is being made from Nigeria. You can DM , let's talk further.

Good evening Firefunmi2014, thanks for your contribution to the thread. Bros, pls, beg, ejoor, biko I need a job & would be glad if you can be of help

1 Like

Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by Usefulsense: 10:34pm On Sep 01, 2023
Firefunmi2014:

I am an FCA like you, I have my firm in Nigeria and still making money from Naija, to be honest with you I have only converted pound to Naira once and all the money have been spending in Nigeria is being made from Nigeria. You can DM , let's talk further.

I sent you a mail
Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by BigDawsNet: 6:54am On Sep 02, 2023
Usefulsense:
This is my story. Please advice.

I sent my wife to Australia in 2021 on student visa.

She has invited us, myself and our children aged 12 and 9 and our visa is out. I have also paid like 6 months fees for my children school which was a requirement for the visa.

Owing to her performance at her work place, the company she works for has promised to sponsor for PR. Infact, the process just began and we are sure of having the PR.

I am currently 48 and won't be able to support my family working in Nigeria. Wify has encouraged me that we will be fine that abroad is meant for 2 people.

My only constraint is my age, hence my question. If you are in my shoe, will you travel?

By the way, I work for a private firm here in Nigeria and you know what it is working for a family company.

Travel and go be with your family... your wife has been living alone for a while... and now you wanna stay away from your kids too...

That hustle you hustle in Nigeria is enough... pack your bags and move to Australia... thank God application for PR is on... when the permit is out.. you guys will never struggle

With your experience amd some few courses... you will get a good job over there... age is not a barrier ...

3 Likes

Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by harsysky(m): 7:41am On Sep 02, 2023
Usefulsense:

She has invited us, myself and our children aged 12 and 9 and our visa is out. I have also paid like 6 months fees for my children school which was a requirement for the visa.

Owing to her performance at her work place, the company she works for has promised to sponsor for PR. Infact, the process just began and we are sure of having the PR.

I am currently 48 and won't be able to support my family working in Nigeria. Wify has encouraged me that we will be fine that abroad is meant for 2 people.

My only constraint is my age, hence my question. If you are in my shoe, will you travel?

By the way, I work for a private firm here in Nigeria and you know what it is working for a family company.

If you continue to think like this, you will get to 58 and quarrel with yourself why you didn't do the stuffs you wwould have done 10 years ago. Life is short. Live life like there is no age attached to one.

One more thing, Life is like a soccer match odd. One is given 1.15 odd and another 15 odds. Everyone is given the certainty that the 1.15 must win and at the end, you could swe the 15 odds thrashing them. You don’t know what life offers you till you do the things you are meant to do; you could finally end up as being the master in that art. It is always hard to begin a new journey but you will be fine. Trust God.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by Ishilove: 8:10am On Sep 02, 2023
harsysky:

If you continue to think like this, you will get to 58 and quarrel with yourself why you didn't do the stuffs you wwould have done 10 years ago. Life is short. Live life like there is no age attached to one.

One more thing, Life is like a soccer match odd. One is given 1.15 odd and another 15 odds. Everyone is given the certainty that the 1.15 must win and at the end, you could swe the 15 odds thrashing them. You don’t know what life offers you till you do the things you are meant to do; you could finally end up as being the master in that art. It is always hard to begin a new journey but you will be fine. Trust God.
Oga, not everyone plays bet so it is difficult to understand this your analogy.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by Ishilove: 8:10am On Sep 02, 2023
One of the few threads on Nairaland where majority of the contributors made sense.

37 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by flokii: 8:48am On Sep 02, 2023
@OP Didn't you guys agree on relocation before your wife left for studies?..

In whatever you do, don't sell off your properties here in Nigeria cos it might be the only thing you'd fall back to.
When your wife completes her studies and secures a good job or pay rise, then you'd see her true nature. She'll want to be the one controlling you and be making all the decisions.

Summary of it all.. Plan well and have plan B in case things go south.

10 Likes

Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by emmaodet: 9:36am On Sep 02, 2023
Acidosis:
As long as your wife can/will feed you without complaints (just in case things do not turn out well for you), then you will be fine.

Your concerns are very valid. Not many 48 year old men would leave a N1.1m accounting job in Nigeria to go kill snakes in Australia as someone suggests here. I won't do it at gun point.

cheesy cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by emmaodet: 9:39am On Sep 02, 2023
Offpointng:

Adding to your skills also, Learn how to kill snakes in Nigeria, starting from, Boas to Pythons, Vipers and the likes It'd be an essential skill when you get to Australia

Like this like this, I don make like $250 alone killing snakes for my neighbours. I not only have free money from this skill, I also have free meat for the whole of September. Thank allah for my blasting freezer

grin grin

Chaii

Nairaland
Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by Sweetvie: 9:56am On Sep 02, 2023
Pappij:

Age is not a barrier, your mindset could be.

I'm about your age and made a similar move earlier this year, although with a slightly larger family composition.

See, with your work experience; you are good to go. One or two certifications on the side will be the icing on the cake.

Just pray and concentrate on your craft, you will be fine. Jitters are fine but shouldn't deter you.
Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by Dgabby01: 10:37am On Sep 02, 2023
Please for someone planing on going to Bahamas for just a short stay. Does the country offer visa on arrival to Nigeria citizens or will I have to get my visa here before going. Please will it be guaranteed it'll be approved if I'm to apply from Nigeria.
Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by MadeMan01(m): 11:07am On Sep 02, 2023
Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by Racoon(m): 11:16am On Sep 02, 2023
Fear woman.

1 Like

Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by ImoleNaija: 11:18am On Sep 02, 2023
Just ensure you don't put all your eggs in one basket.

In other word, get a shock absorber.

4 Likes

Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by obainojazz(m): 11:18am On Sep 02, 2023
Usefulsense:

Bro there are many that entered Australia with their wife and are of that age.
Don’t think twice, japa bro…. My friend’s husband and kid just entered last month plus he’s your age mate.

3 Likes

Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by Keme4Real(f): 11:19am On Sep 02, 2023
I don't understand your exact question. Is it that you should go or not? Why u no Wan go? Because of your age? What's wrong with your age? What's wrong with your age? Aidontgerrit
Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by wisdomkid: 11:19am On Sep 02, 2023
Offpointng:

Adding to your skills also, Learn how to kill snakes in Nigeria, starting from, Boas to Pythons, Vipers and the likes It'd be an essential skill when you get to Australia

Like this like this, I don make like $250 alone killing snakes for my neighbours. I not only have free money from this skill, I also have free meat for the whole of September. Thank allah for my blasting freezer

Serious? I thought they have animal preservative rights there? Like you call those animal serving groups we watch online?
Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by Harddiskng(m): 11:20am On Sep 02, 2023
Usefulsense:

I earn a little less than, N1.1m monthly net.
I am a qualified accountant.

But you see, working for a private company in Nigeria, not easy bro.

You are a qualified accountant, you are valuable.

Oga don’t be afraid of change. Go and join your madam!

5 Likes

Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by SURElee(f): 11:21am On Sep 02, 2023
Who told you at 48 you can't get a job abroad? At 48 you should be thinking of your family. Aren't there IT courses you can take to change career path?
Abeg if Naija hungry you to stay then, stay back working for a private family company, the day they throw you out, you begin wise up.

1 Like

Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by ManOfMan: 11:21am On Sep 02, 2023
Move to Australia already if you don't want to lose your wife

1 Like

Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by Johel(m): 11:22am On Sep 02, 2023
Usefulsense:

SIR, carry your entire household comot from hell... Nigeria isn't a good place for sane people, even at 60 and I see chance to Japa, I'll rather Japa and die in Australian snow than living in a country that will surpress you to the ground with hardship.

But make plans at where you work currently,one of the hardest things in life is decision making..

Carry God along...I wish you well, but if you see chance, abeg carry me join body, I go just dey to render vital assistance...you can trust me. ;

3 Likes

Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by isabi2lof: 11:23am On Sep 02, 2023
It's only in Nigeria, that we get worried over our age , and it's because the country is not encouraging in all sectors of the economy..

1 Like

Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by Germi9: 11:23am On Sep 02, 2023
See this man oo
Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by Biodun556(m): 11:24am On Sep 02, 2023
Usefulsense:

You need to go and meet your wife since she is cooperating with you. There are people older than you there
Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by buJu234: 11:24am On Sep 02, 2023
Bros.. which one b age..

@48yrs old.. u re still young na..

Do you know that alot of 65-70yrs old are still in working class in alot of European countries??

Stop using the Nigerian mentality that said at age 60, you are retired, old and unemployable..

Listen to your wife's advise.. Go and learn that Forklifts driving asap.. then u re fine.

1 Like

Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by victorVIC1(m): 11:24am On Sep 02, 2023
@ OP, your wife is a good woman. She's pushing to see the entire plans you both had from the get go come into reality. The reverse is the case for a lot of people, who get there and completely cut off from their family.

1 Like

Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by maasoap(m): 11:25am On Sep 02, 2023
Wodu89:

You will receive satanic advice that will scatter what you've been building privately. Oga travel and explore, see the world. Refuse to the caged.

Caged? If you think you are caged in Nigeria, travel to Canada or Australia and know the true meaning of being caged. grin grin grin

You can't earn lower than Nigeria in Aussie, not even it's equals. So why stalling ?
He's not talking about income but his age.
Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by Dpharisee: 11:26am On Sep 02, 2023
Usefulsense:

I earn a little less than, N1.1m monthly net.
I am a qualified accountant.

But you see, working for a private company in Nigeria, not easy bro.
You could be fired when you least expect like they did to me using downsizing during Covid as reason. I had to start from scratch again after savings ran out and I couldn't get another high paying job, so I am now learning a skill and how to run my business with a partner

3 Likes

Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by Blacklaurel: 11:26am On Sep 02, 2023
Usefulsense:

Are you playing? Better pack your load and run for your life. The only thing is that your wife will be the 'daddy' of the house for awhile till you find your feet in Aussie. Do it for your children.
Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by Adeyinka90: 11:27am On Sep 02, 2023
I use God beg you just stay and enjoy Nigeria small
Re: Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. by akpunda86: 11:28am On Sep 02, 2023
Usefulsense:

To be honest with you, the plan is for the entire family to migrate.

In fact, i did my ielts last year and made 7,7, 7.5, 7

As soon as our visa grant came out, I started developing cold feet on account of age.

She has advised that I go and learn forklift driving.
I will commence that this month.

Bros u have a wonderful wife,go learn it,assume Ur a self employed earning millions is say you go but since Ur working for some one I advice go there develop your self.Good luck please consider having a good wife.my case is opposite.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Visa To Mexico Is Not As Difficult As You Think ! / The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany / Aerial Photos Of Ogbaru, Onitsha From Second Niger Bridge Site

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.