Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,074 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. (26566 Views)

Is This Why Relationships Are Stressful? / Finding A Partner Is More Difficult Than I Assume / Most Distance Relationships Are Pure Scam. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by OkayDaddy: 11:42am On Sep 03, 2023
nathyx:
21st century indomie generation heavily exposed to social media, how do you expect them to know that marriage requires a great deal of tolerance?? Thank God for the girl he blessed me with [b]My wedding is next month, I don't have employment, zero source of income, zero kobo in my acct yet [/b]my woman loves me and eager to live the rest of her life with me cos she of knows am not a lazy man and I will never let my family sleep hungry. If you're still out there waiting for the perfect partner (100%) keep wasting your time marriage is not for feeble minds. Congratulations to me and wife in advance! October 21st 2023 save the date guys!

Because of free sex, you have lost your sense of reasoning.

Anyway, by the time bills start piling up and your girl doesn't ease up on the billing, you will come back to your senses.

1 Like

Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by SonofGod231: 11:42am On Sep 03, 2023
Fiscus105:

Hope u also known that substantial percentage of men are the architect of down of their marriages, wen they are at peak, they do anyhow claiming African man rhetoric, treating their own wife like slaves instead of queens, before you know, the woman won't be able to accommodate the nonsense anymore.

Edochie and Niniowo are few of my submission above,. million of such that are not celebrities abound everywhere.
If a woman should say all she wants and you provide them after earning her love and trust. She would still be outraged and feel damaged if she heard you were cheating even if it's carefully and discreetly done. I don't think any sensible man would treat his sidechic better than he treats his lovely wife. Nobody is perfect so your partner will never be perfect. Women just want you to pamper their pride. If he respects and treat you and your feelings right that's fair enough. Don't go asking for a saint chris. Men are humane,It's as simple as that.

1 Like

Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by Quebec91(m): 11:43am On Sep 03, 2023
Said it all
izonborn098:
All i know is marriage sweet but with the right person..
Don't play with red flags and don't go after oloshos who are good in packaging..
Before relationship work perfect' there are alot of understanding and maturity between the two people in question..
Many girls are after material things so one man can't satisfy their needs, so they look for other options making her to lack loyalty and understanding.
Another reason is' women now also have trust issue against men so many of them date more than one person incase any of them break their heart they will flow with the your deputy.. Even men don't trust women again because majority of men and women has taste the bitter side of love.. Nobody want to be preyed on..
Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by nathyx(m): 11:45am On Sep 03, 2023
MkBaron:
Congratulations to you, I’m happy for you
Why did you choose my birthday...

Date came from above cool
Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by omooba969(m): 11:46am On Sep 03, 2023
Evestar200:
Scarier than ever

May God help those of us with Good intentions

It has to be intentional. smiley
Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by nathyx(m): 11:47am On Sep 03, 2023
OkayDaddy:

Because of free sex, you have lost your sense of reasoning.

Anyway, by the time bills start piling up and your girl doesn't ease up on the billing, you will come back to your senses.

Oh wow! And I don't know about payment of bills undecided
Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by Mosba: 11:47am On Sep 03, 2023
All that is said is correct but I want to say that our economy situation is contributing not less than 50% to that. Even now among relatives, just tell your brother you want to come along with your wife to pay him a visit in the wkend and he will just tell you a story of why he wouldn't be around
Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by Weathered: 11:49am On Sep 03, 2023
Stephen2324:
Relationships are now more difficult than ever. Everyone is being wary and careful of the other person. Men don't trust ladies and ladies don't trust men. Everyone is on the edge, suspicious of the words and actions of other person. Distrust everywhere.

Voluntary unions are now built on falsehood and distrust. No one wants to be the fool. No one wants to be the "mugu". Everyone wants to be the smart one.

The winner of this unfortunate battlefield is he who has the least emotions and who cares less. It is more sad when one realises that these are two species that are meant to work together in a physical and spiritual upbuilding but this is where we are today.

More sad is that, it will get worse as time passes because even these wrong values are being passed on to the younger generation who cling to it more firmly and build on it. Building on the wrong values with so much energy and talent, directed in the wrong direction. And when one seeks to find the root cause of this pain and scar we all bear, we end up going round in circles and plunging ourselves into the very entities that birthed these false attitudes. A vicious cycle.

We are like a legion of lost souls in a dark enclosed tunnel, getting in eachother's way just to find a way out but without a genuine desire to change from within.
social media has a lot of blame here
Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by nathyx(m): 11:49am On Sep 03, 2023
okoroemeka:
congrats bro,sometimes it is better to tackle a problem, most times the solution will
always come in the struggle

You get it right? We are going from ragstoriches cheesy
Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by Dreament(m): 11:49am On Sep 03, 2023
IamAtAnger:
But every Saturday people dey wed na abi na staged?
does getting married everyday guarantee a happy married life. Can you compare marriage of these days to that of way back. Majority of them are just getting married for the sake of it due to society pressure. Forget all these lovely lovely you do see on social media about couples. Waitin dey happen for their matrimonial home pass word war. Nobody wish to get divorce after marriage due to societal stigma. Even you family members would do all their best to make sure you people don't divorce. Unlike relationship whereby even ur family members don't even know ur partner so breaking up is not a big deal. You can date as you like and break up as you like nobody will stigmatizes you. This is the reason why you see people still stay been married. Is not that they are happy
Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by Beverlyjean(f): 11:50am On Sep 03, 2023
Badmashii:

I find it difficult to believe a lady said this... Abeg guy no dey pretend,you be manchi ba?

Go and watch justpearlythings on youtube..maybe she's a man as well....

5 Likes

Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by Justbeingreal(m): 11:51am On Sep 03, 2023
omooba969:

We see the red flags but we ignore them probably bcoz the man is pussy-whipped or the woman is dickmatised. grin
And also with the hope of they would change there again humans hardly change..
Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by Lumig: 11:52am On Sep 03, 2023
ednut1:
Blame social media. Men are using relationships as a cover for free sex and babe to do house chores. While ladies are also using relationship as poverty alleviation scheme while on the look out for a richer man.
You are right
Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by Quebec91(m): 11:52am On Sep 03, 2023
Very nice piece!
dontrulee:
True, I agree with Op.
Majority of relationships today is just "similar experiences with different bodies" girls act similarly, men act similarly too. Mutual benefits and understanding is rare, the one who loves more and cares more is disadvantaged, the Mr.nice guy is heartbroken by the bad bitch and decides to take the red pill, the good girl is preyed on by the bad boy and decides to be a slay Queen. It's just a round cycle that seems to have no end. Good people are turning bad and bad people are getting badder. Almost everyone has a problem, just choose the one who gives you more peace and less problem because your partner will stay with you for a long time. Unfortunately, when you "fall in love" your view becomes biased and you'll accept things that are ridiculous. Many people just marry for marry sake, the love is very superficial and few years into marriage problem arises. If you want your marriage to last, develop conflict solving abilities but even that is still not a guarantee!
The complexities of relationships but if you can simplify it, it becomes easier for you. Know your red flags and exit ASAP there are billions of ladies out there, there are billions of men out there, you're never at a loss even if the most important person in your life leaves you, at least you still have you. There are still beautiful men and women out there inspite of the many wicked and evil men and women out there. Like tends to attract like in the game of life and doings "birds of the same feather flock together" but be careful, don't be overly good for you'll be preyed upon and will be disadvantaged. Garnish your goodness with a little wickedness, that will give you a more balanced Life, yes the good and bad has to go together, and the bad entails knowing what you don't want in life and relationships and avoiding and hating it with passion. I can say more but let me stop here for now. Gracias
Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by nathyx(m): 11:52am On Sep 03, 2023
abuhusna1:
It's not a crime to be unemployed and get married but it's a crime not to have any source of income and you get married. marriage go quick sour with no source of income

Not this marriage.
Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by Quebec91(m): 11:54am On Sep 03, 2023
[🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣quote author=doctore212 post=125544263] That is why I encourage everyone to patronize Olosho with full chest.

No wahala Promax.

Their price have even reduced from 1k to 500h in my area due to subsidy removal. [/quote]
Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by omooba969(m): 11:56am On Sep 03, 2023
Justbeingreal:
And also with the hope of they would change there again humans hardly change..

Quite a challenge for an adult to change a longstanding bad habit. It's an illusion to hope they'll change once married - you will be sleepwalking into a trap.
Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by omooba969(m): 12:00pm On Sep 03, 2023
nathyx:

Oga food master Dangote with all the food got married twice and divorced twice all his food in the store couldn't save his marriage.

Looool 😂😂🤣 Dangote sef cannot can...grin

2 Likes

Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by Lumig: 12:02pm On Sep 03, 2023
Evestar200:
Scarier than ever

May God help those of us with Good intentions
Lol
How good is that your good intention?
Is it not intention driven by selfishness and excuse to financially and materially exploit your partner?

1 Like

Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by omooba969(m): 12:03pm On Sep 03, 2023
nathyx:
21st century indomie generation heavily exposed to social media, how do you expect them to know that marriage requires a great deal of tolerance?? Thank God for the girl he blessed me with My wedding is next month, I don't have employment, zero source of income, zero kobo in my acct yet my woman loves me and eager to live the rest of her life with me cos she of knows am not a lazy man and I will never let my family sleep hungry. If you're still out there waiting for the perfect partner (100%) keep wasting your time marriage is not for feeble minds. Congratulations to me and wife in advance! October 21st 2023 save the date guys!

If this is true, then you're playing with fire 🔥🔥🔥

1 Like

Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by Lumig: 12:05pm On Sep 03, 2023
Staru1:
singles want to get married ,to shake the city as his sister, cousin or friends does while the married ones wishes to becomes singles again.
The end of time is so near that even pur breathing can testify.
This intensely deep, only for the wise

2 Likes

Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by omooba969(m): 12:05pm On Sep 03, 2023
Lumig:

Lol
How good is that your good intention?
Is it not intention driven by selfishness and excuse to financially and materially exploit your partner?

She said 'good intentions' - read to understand oga Ade.
Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by isabi2lof: 12:07pm On Sep 03, 2023
Relationship is not difficult like that , it depends on the people involved, even as at few years back , it was difficult for some people, just like you said , nobody wants to be the mugu or maga , everyone is acting smart .

I personally, I'm damn tired .

2 Likes

Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by Yomit71(m): 12:07pm On Sep 03, 2023
IamAtAnger:
But every Saturday people dey wed na abi na staged?
That doesn't guarantee a happy home. Most divorce after few years. Forget the weekend swagger.
Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by Jeon(f): 12:09pm On Sep 03, 2023
Beverlyjean:

What you fail to understand is that its women this will affect the most... a man can decide to get married at 50 and you will see a flock of women in their 20s willing to take the ring as long as he can take care of them...women don't have that luxury due to the biological factor .... this is one reason why I condem modern ways of women ... they think its a competition but they are only ruining their future and chance ... whether we like it or not, men hold the ace ... no matter how society tries to throw deception

Sorry,
1,you are a Man.

2, Speak for yourself.

3, Nobody wants to be traditional in the this new World.

4, Many people ain't mature enough to deal with their own personal issues not to mention someone's issue.

5, Some need a person that can sacrifice, but won't and will never do that.

6, Many can't take their responsibilities and accountability for their mistakes.

7,Some people need their personal space.

8, Marriage is not everybody plan and happiness.

9,Do and engage in whatever gives you happiness.

10, Some are married, but still feel single. So what is the need to be in Marriage?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by Jeon(f): 12:15pm On Sep 03, 2023
izonborn098:
Young lady you have some valid points here'' i can relate..

👍

9 Likes

Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by Lumig: 12:17pm On Sep 03, 2023
omooba969:

She said 'good intentions' - read to understand oga Ade.
what I am saying is that her "good intention" may be subjective, and may not still be good enough to be called "good".
Hope you get it oga ade2
Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by Ajehkpako4naija(m): 12:18pm On Sep 03, 2023
DonBenny77:

It's scary man.
Some of us may not get married
seek God's face. Don't marry base of physical attributes
Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by nkemjacob2(m): 12:20pm On Sep 03, 2023
I was chatting with my friends. I told them we no longer have wife in the market and boys with morals. The chances are slim.
Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by cutesharon(f): 12:24pm On Sep 03, 2023
And the submissive and loving women have realised say all na scam. grin grin grin
Even person wey no do bad in the past de suffer in marriage while the ones wey their past bad de get better people.

izonborn098:
All i know is marriage sweet but with the right person..
Don't play with red flags and don't go after oloshos who are good in packaging..
Before relationship work perfect' there are alot of understanding and maturity between the two people in question..
Many girls are after material things so one man can't satisfy their needs, so they look for other options making her to lack loyalty and understanding.
Another reason is' women now also have trust issue against men so many of them date more than one person incase any of them break their heart they will flow with the your deputy.. Even men don't trust women again because majority of men and women has taste the bitter side of love.. Nobody want to be preyed on..

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by Orderabove(m): 12:26pm On Sep 03, 2023
omooba969:

Sex for men, money 💰 for women. 🤑🤑

normal
Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by traware(m): 12:26pm On Sep 03, 2023
Badmashii:

I find it difficult to believe a lady said this... Abeg guy no dey pretend,you be manchi ba?
That is Beverlyjean.The most pro-male and straight forward female on Nairaland who has spent years on here calling women out on their bullsh.it

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What I Found When Bought A Second Hand Laptop / Valentine: 10 Categories Of Guys You Will See And How They Will Behave / Through Thick & Thin: Couple Celebrates Weigh Loss Together On Valentine’s Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.