Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,389 members, 7,822,803 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. (26602 Views)

Is This Why Relationships Are Stressful? / Finding A Partner Is More Difficult Than I Assume / Most Distance Relationships Are Pure Scam. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by Orderabove(m): 11:11am On Sep 03, 2023
all relationships now is based on sex and money

1 Like

Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by brightleave(m): 11:15am On Sep 03, 2023
grin grin the economy now and before na the same? Men dey para 4 everything angry sad
Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by IbileIfe: 11:15am On Sep 03, 2023
Jeon:
Wahala, Wahala.
kaiii, na Men dy cry for marriage those days, why you go cry for wetin no dy give u benefit? .

grin

This is not you Op, please come and bash us!!!..

This happens if you refused to get married in your generation, hoping that the next generation will produces fresh, young, submissive , good and naive girls....

😉

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by CoolAmbience(m): 11:16am On Sep 03, 2023
DonBenny77:

It's scary man.
Some of us may not get married

That's a sad reality.

The ones that are married are now pulling out.... that's how bad it has become.

Yet so many people still think that the priority is in promoting campaigns such as gender equality, 35% affirmative action etc.

These days, men can hardly finish uttering a word before their wives make full sentences all over the place. They are reverence their pastors and dishonour their husbands at the slightest misunderstanding.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by brightleave(m): 11:17am On Sep 03, 2023
Hardship don blindfold love grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by nathyx(m): 11:18am On Sep 03, 2023
poweredcom:

You are finished , u are unemployed , no kobo and you think a girl loves you , na small pikin mentality de worry u

When she change an for you in the marriage , no come de post long stories for us here o

Hmmm! Before marriage people are so deceitful true colors comes out most times after wedding when the real heat start

When u wake up and no food for house , ur eye go clear

Oga food master Dangote with all the food got married twice and divorced twice all his food in the store couldn't save his marriage.
Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by Elims91(m): 11:18am On Sep 03, 2023
Relationship this days is difficult to be in cos it's hard to find genuine love.

2 Likes

Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by kaludestiny10(m): 11:20am On Sep 03, 2023
Your points are spot on.

A man that cheats on his wife either in her presence or at her back is inhumane to his wife.

A man that can't assist his wife in domestic chores is not a husband.

A man that treats his wife as a trash just because he paid a huge bride price on her head is not good.

A wife can earn more than her husband. But the only problem most time on this particular issue is that most women that earn more income than their husband now see themselves as equal to the husband or even the head of the family which is bad.
athaliya:

That's not just unfaithfulness. A man cheating to your face and telling you to use the door if you don't like it, it doesn't stop at cheating to her face.

Men who see it as a taboo to wash the plate they ate with or do the laundry because they're men. And they'll rather marry a second wife than do things they believe must only be done by women.

Men believing their wives are commodities because they paid brideprice to another man (something the woman had no say in).

Men believing their wives must not earn more than them or the same with then and her aspiring to earn more could be seen as an attack on his masculinity.

The list is endless. Many women aren't buying it in 2023.
Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by TheSuperX(m): 11:20am On Sep 03, 2023
Forget it, love dosen't exist anymore.

Relationship is transactional these days.

8 Likes

Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by Zealag(m): 11:21am On Sep 03, 2023
I easily get tired,I no like stress and drama.I value my peace,juz wanna stack up huge amount on a low

5 Likes

Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by adams123: 11:21am On Sep 03, 2023
[quote author=Little21 post=125544579]It's not that relationship is that hard. It's just that no one wants to be the victim. Men think most girls now are prostitute and on the lookout for better one's. And as a ladies you don't want to marry men that as nothing too offer. They smoke, bet, drink, sleep with whatever comes their way and some aren't even financially stable. Ladies ought to get married but men's have the mindset that no matter how old they are it's not too late for them. So how is it supposed to work out?? More so, a rich guy today can be poor tomorrow and vice versa

Una no the see women that are wealthy? Why you babes always want to marry a rich guy and not working hard to Marry whom you love inrespective of the person's financial status?
As, I'm now.. I work hard to be wealthy so that I can take care of my family and the entire society so I never pray to marry a rich girl. Been rich is not by anyone's power is the test from GOD to whom ever HE wishes.
Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by shoboy9: 11:22am On Sep 03, 2023
if a bad or evil man marries an evil woman, their marriage will be full of evil.
If a good but not perfect man marries an imperfect woman, there ought to be problems every hour, everyday until likely both end in crisis and most likely hellfire.
If a perfect man marries a perfect woman, there should be perfection in their union and blessings - the "happily ever after" that many want.
Because the man and woman are not perfect, it is to be expected that any union between a man and woman will be beset by problems. We call this "facing reality". Unfortunately, two imperfect people managing each other provides the perfect basis for both to end up miserable and in hellfire.
But imperfection is not the reality of the gospel of JESUS. He took our sins and gave His perfection.
Having been forgiven our sins, we work out our perfection till we are like Him.
If you want happily ever after, go for perfection that comes through the blood of our salvation - JESUS.
Let the man receive the perfection of Christ. Let him strive for, and remain in His righteousness. Let him strive for perfection not just before God, but also for his wife and family. Let the woman also strive to be perfect before God and her man. Then let them come together in union, both having this commitment to perfection before God and each other.
However, most of us refuse this path and prefer to hold onto our "imperfections" even into marriage. yet we wonder at the outcome!
May God save us.
Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by Trendylove(f): 11:23am On Sep 03, 2023
Honestly to find a good man is very hard now infact I am tired of trying to find one. Anyone ready to give love a try I am ready.

4 Likes

Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by ThatCEO: 11:24am On Sep 03, 2023
Jeon:

Men are looking for retirement plan, that's why they're going after them. And can't manipulate the Women within their age group. Lolz and those days girls my age don't settle down for less.
Thanks Generation Z .

Retirement plan or not, it's a free market. Are you not also choosing your own retirement plan when u choose Dele the banker instead of Sodiq d Keke driver?

There is really no end to this double standards grin

See who is talking about manipulation, d average Naija guy needs d magomago brain of a seasoned yahoo boy to cope with your manipulative age group. Was it d boys who are so manipulative that d girls needs to catch up or was vice versa. I just know it's a mess.

For an average girl to date her fellow average guy, she will say she is settling cheesy. Two average people o. Whoever told you all you deserve d top 1% really sold you'll snake oil cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by omooba969(m): 11:25am On Sep 03, 2023
Stephen2324:
Relationships are now more difficult than ever. Everyone is being wary and careful of the other person. Men don't trust ladies and ladies don't trust men. Everyone is on the edge, suspicious of the words and actions of other person. Distrust everywhere.

Voluntary unions are now built on falsehood and distrust. No one wants to be the fool. No one wants to be the "mugu". Everyone wants to be the smart one.

The winner of this unfortunate battlefield is he who has the least emotions and who cares less. It is more sad when one realises that these are two species that are meant to work together in a physical and spiritual upbuilding but this is where we are today.

More sad is that, it will get worse as time passes because even these wrong values are being passed on to the younger generation who cling to it more firmly and build on it. Building on the wrong values with so much energy and talent, directed in the wrong direction. And when one seeks to find the root cause of this pain and scar we all bear, we end up going round in circles and plunging ourselves into the very entities that birthed these false attitudes. A vicious cycle.

We are like a legion of lost souls in a dark enclosed tunnel, getting in eachother's way just to find a way out but without a genuine desire to change from within.

Relationship ehn grin you go explain tire ! 😂😂

2 Likes

Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by nkemjacob2(m): 11:28am On Sep 03, 2023
I thought I was the only one observing this trend.

Morals are going down among men and women, we no longer have the right value, we don't know the faith of the next generation if such situations persist.

What is happening to the training we're receiving, what is happening to the society we are in? Lingering questions that demand answers.

1 Like

Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by Lastmankc(m): 11:28am On Sep 03, 2023
My own problem is that I can't stay with one woman.
Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by omooba969(m): 11:29am On Sep 03, 2023
Trendylove:
Honestly to find a good man is very hard now infact I am tired of trying to find one. Anyone ready to give love a try I am ready.

There are many decent men out there, just keep your head up, HE will eventually show up. smiley

1 Like

Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by Totiemide: 11:30am On Sep 03, 2023
Relationship are difficult these days because we all go in for the wrong reasons.
Some go in....
*To escape loneliness, boredom
*Peer pressure from close friends families.
*Satisfaction of materialistic needs
*Freedom to have sex anyhow i.e if you're from a strict Christian home.
*Some to end whatever sufferings they're going through at the home front.
* To have a child to keep the lineage
Little did some know that after all this reasons are met, you're then left to face the realities of marriage which many aren't prepared for.

I want to believe the reason why marriage crashes these days is because....
*Some of us lack basic home training, both men and women. Some men don't know how to respect a woman while some women don't know how to submit to a man.
*Improper upbringing
*No teachings of endurance, preserverance, tolerance like the old.
*Some of us aren't even teachable.
Until we go back to pick and adopt the teachings of our parents, we'll keep missing it.

4 Likes

Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by lastkingsman: 11:31am On Sep 03, 2023
ednut1:
Blame social media. Men are using relationships as a cover for free sex and babe to do house chores. While ladies are also using relationship as poverty alleviation scheme while on the look out for a richer man.

It takes two to tango grin
Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by Jeon(f): 11:32am On Sep 03, 2023
ThatCEO:

Retirement plan or not, it's a free market. Are you not also choosing your own retirement plan when u choose Dele the banker instead of Sodiq d Keke driver?

There is really no end to this double standards grin

See who is talking about manipulation, d average Naija guy needs d magomago brain of a seasoned yahoo boy to cope with your manipulative age group. Was it d boys who are so manipulative that d girls needs to catch up or was vice versa. I just know it's a mess.

For an average girl to date her fellow average guy, she will say she is settling cheesy. Two average people o. Whoever told you all you deserve d top 1% really sold you'll snake oil cheesy

I said what I said.

Women don't need Men apart from their Money right from day one ,but have no choice because they're not wise and are dependent. Some are sold out by their family for the goodies, some are forced into early marriage cutting short her dreams.

Women do face alot in Marriage, bearing cheating, abuse, over worked, sacrificing time, freedom,life, social life, career and putting up with someone's issues just to be a good woman .And at the pay day they will be left with no pennies,love or appreciation.

Do you think our foremothers, will even take Marriage if there were freedom? making their own Money? being independent? the way it is today?.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by KingLion007(m): 11:33am On Sep 03, 2023
DonBenny77:

It's scary man.
And am worried about that too dude. Not getting married
Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by tunize(m): 11:33am On Sep 03, 2023
talented321:
We just have few mannered woman and such women can't be found in the club or bar..
Becare and look at the kind of women you are dealing with again..
Relationship/marriage is not that hard as you people are making it look like it can't be achieved...
Marrying a good woman is like having another mother..
A good woman can be found in a club or anyway, same goes for a good man it only depends on individual priority and motive.
Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by Jeon(f): 11:34am On Sep 03, 2023
2Radii:

See you. Beggers don dey ride teytey
Ewweeeee. They always pay for it.

12 Likes

Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by omooba969(m): 11:35am On Sep 03, 2023
shoboy9:
if a bad or evil man marries an evil woman, their marriage will be full of evil.
If a good but not perfect man marries an imperfect woman, there ought to be problems every hour, everyday until likely both end in crisis and most likely hellfire.
If a perfect man marries a perfect woman, there should be perfection in their union and blessings - the "happily ever after" that many want.
Because the man and woman are not perfect, it is to be expected that any union between a man and woman will be beset by problems. We call this "facing reality". Unfortunately, two imperfect people managing each other provides the perfect basis for both to end up miserable and in hellfire.
But imperfection is not the reality of the gospel of JESUS. He took our sins and gave His perfection.
Having been forgiven our sins, we work out our perfection till we are like Him.
If you want happily ever after, go for perfection that comes through the blood of our salvation - JESUS.
Let the man receive the perfection of Christ. Let him strive for, and remain in His righteousness. Let him strive for perfection not just before God, but also for his wife and family. Let the woman also strive to be perfect before God and her man. Then let them come together in union, both having this commitment to perfection before God and each other.
However, most of us refuse this path and prefer to hold onto our "imperfections" even into marriage. yet we wonder at the outcome!
May God save us.

Do you mean people from other faiths/ belief don't make a decent marriage?

Why do we have brains?
Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by Jeon(f): 11:37am On Sep 03, 2023
abba190:
the heart of evening newspaper is evil

It's not easy to be an evening newspaper dear, Some of the morning newspaper couldn't see the breathe immediately they came out from their mother's womb.

So I respect old age!!!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by Badmashii(m): 11:37am On Sep 03, 2023
Beverlyjean:

What you fail to understand is that its women this will affect the most... a man can decide to get married at 50 and you will see a flock of women in their 20s willing to take the ring as long as he can take care of them...women don't have that luxury due to the biological factor .... this is one reason why I condem modern ways of women ... they think its a competition but they are only ruining their future and chance ... whether we like it or not, men hold the ace ... no matter how society tries to throw deception

I find it difficult to believe a lady said this... Abeg guy no dey pretend,you be manchi ba?

3 Likes

Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by omooba969(m): 11:37am On Sep 03, 2023
Orderabove:
all relationships now is based on sex and money

Sex for men, money 💰 for women. 🤑🤑

2 Likes

Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by Lumig: 11:39am On Sep 03, 2023
izonborn098:
All i know is marriage sweet but with the right person..
Don't play with red flags and don't go after oloshos who are good in packaging..
Before relationship work perfect' there are alot of understanding and maturity between the two people in question..
Many girls are after material things so one man can't satisfy their needs, so they look for other options making her to lack loyalty and understanding.
Another reason is' women now also have trust issue against men so many of them date more than one person incase any of them break their heart they will flow with the your deputy.. Even men don't trust women again because majority of men and women has taste the bitter side of love.. Nobody want to be preyed on..
You are wise
Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by omooba969(m): 11:40am On Sep 03, 2023
Justbeingreal:
People pretend mehn. It takes the grace of God sometimes to see some red flags..

We see the red flags but we ignore them probably bcoz the man is pussy-whipped or the woman is dickmatised. grin

1 Like

Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by Quebec91(m): 11:41am On Sep 03, 2023
I tell you man
DonBenny77:

It's scary man.
Re: Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever. by athaliya(f): 11:41am On Sep 03, 2023
kaludestiny10:
Your points are spot on.

A man that cheats on his wife either in her presence or at her back is inhumane to his wife.

A man that can't assist his wife in domestic chores is not a husband.

A man that treats his wife as a trash just because he paid a huge bride price on her head is not good.

A wife can earn more than her husband. But the only problem most time on this particular issue is that most women that earn more income than their husband now see themselves as equal to the husband or even the head of the family which is bad.

There's an infinite supply of stupidity in the universe and the stupidity is adequately represented in both genders. grin

A woman who acts funny when she begins to earn more than her husband is either stupid or repaying her husband in his own coin.

No right thinking woman who cares about her man will love him less because of money. The problem is that many men are not matured and they get insecure when they see that she earns more, beer parlour gossip doesn't help matters and they lead to the man acting funny and questioning things, picking offences unnecessarily.

Example:
Husband comes back from work by 6pm, wife has been home all day cleaning and working and she's tired and even having a backache and headache.

Husband: Ever since you began to earn more, you now squeeze your face at me when I come back, I know my salary is small but don't forget that it's what has sustained this family for the past 5yrs.
Wife: ?

Another day:
Husband: So you're here and I've been calling you and you didn't answer
Wife: Babe sorry, I was playing this game and you know that at this point, if I shake I'll lose, sorry why were you calling?
Husband: Its not your fault, you don become my madam, why won't you value game over me
Wife: Babe!, today isn't the first time I'm playing this game and you know it
Husband: No worry, I understand
Wife: ?

If he keeps this up, one day she'll snap na
See ehn experiences plenty

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Kenyan Single Mother Of 3 Looking For A White Husband Displays Placard (Photos) / 20 Things To Start Doing In Your Relationships / Valentine: 10 Categories Of Guys You Will See And How They Will Behave

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.