Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,444 members, 7,812,336 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:57 AM

cc - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / cc (12497 Views)

Why Does Everyone Making A Thread Include "CC Lalasticlala" To The Thread / Photo: Cc The Man Who Beat Labaran Maku / LWKMD Cc What Dino Melaye Tweeted On Mr.president Declaration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: cc by T8ksy(m): 11:16pm On Oct 20, 2011
Dede1:

You will make a good standup comedian. It is a country such as USA can insinuate the instances of liberating anybody or country. It was not and shall never be tactical consideration to attempt to liberate group of people who would rather piss on their pants or scamper to neighboring country at sight of drunken soldiers from another region than standup against a sketched aggressor on piece of paper.

I suggest you drop your infatuation with word-liberation. Try to encourage your folks, less Ijebu-ode farmers and hunters, to standup manly against drunken soldiers from the northern region of Nigeria and quit shaking like dry leaves on the tree. grin grin grin

Fyi, we yorubas have been dealing with the north long before your warlord's father was born.

We successfully resisted their attempt to subjugate us then, without anyone's help.

Did biafran troops "liberated" the midwest region or not?

Like i wrote on another thread, you are a shameless liar!

Go and answer my question (on the same thread), about the 1951 regional election in yorubaland which you and your ilk insisted was won by Zik the slimy git.

Another one of your myriad tales but whence caught out, start ducking and diving like your cold-hearted ikemba. 
Re: cc by Dede1(m): 12:10pm On Oct 21, 2011
T8ksy:

Fyi, we yorubas have been dealing with the north long before your warlord's father was born.

We successfully resisted their attempt to subjugate us then, without anyone's help.

Did biafran troops "liberated" the midwest region or not?

Like i wrote on another thread, you are a shameless liar!

Go and answer my question (on the same thread), about the 1951 regional election in yorubaland which you and your ilk insisted was won by Zik the slimy git.

Another one of your myriad tales but whence caught out, start ducking and diving like your cold-hearted ikemba. 

You do not need to FYI me on Yoruba dealings with the Caliphate. I know the origin of Yoruba's cowardliness whenever northern region of Nigeria is mentioned. Of course, north and Caliphate dealt with Yoruba at Ilorin and Ogbomosho. I remembered a story which stated Ogbomosho was turned into Brothel by foot soldiers from Sokoto. Sometimes history tends to repeat itself.

I belonged to the school of thought that believed NCNC won the majority of seats during 1951 regional election in western region of Nigeria. However, few knuckleheads such as you believed otherwise. The burden of proof is on you who believed NCNC did not win the election. If you expect me to supply those Yoruba “orishirishi” names that won election into western regional house of assembly in 1951, you must be high on something, Bro.
Re: cc by T8ksy(m): 5:00pm On Oct 22, 2011
Dede1:

You do not need to FYI me on Yoruba dealings with the Caliphate. I know the origin of Yoruba's cowardliness whenever northern region of Nigeria is mentioned. Of course, north and Caliphate dealt with Yoruba at Ilorin and Ogbomosho.

Yeah right and we in turn eventually put paid to their hegemonic ambition at the battle of oshogbo in 1840 A.D.
Don’t you now see mr. oversabi, that I do need to Fyi to stop you running your mouth too long like a leaking tap about something you only have a snapshot of information on. It smirks of intellectual laziness to pen such erroneous opinions as above, as fact on a public forum.   

I remembered a story which stated Ogbomosho was turned into Brothel by foot soldiers from Sokoto. Sometimes history tends to repeat itself.
And at other times, it doesn’t. However though, if you are so hellbent on this idea of “history repeating itself”, have you consider creating one? Go on, I dare you. Make history!!!

I belonged to the school of thought that believed NCNC won the majority of seats during 1951 regional election in western region of Nigeria.

And who gives a phock about your damn beliefs?  I know the school of thought you belong to- the one under the palm tree in your nnewi village where your leaders spoonfed you  outright lies about yorubas in order to cover up for their myopicness and incompetence in advancing your course. They needed a fall-guy and who better than Awo and the yorubas who have always checkmated their dumb hegemonic ambition in our region. For over half a century you guys have been going around telling all and sundry how your leader- Nnamdi Azikwe (president of the igbo union) was denied the opportunity of becoming the first premier of the western region- a region inhabited by the yorubas due to tribalism of the indigenes who introduced carpet-crossing into our nascent democracy, then. However when asked to present the election result which gave NCNC- zik’s party majority vote, you could not do so but still insist that NCNC won the election. What does that make you? A slimeball, I would say. 

The records of the poll conducted in the West and all over Nigeria by the colonial administration are available at the National Archives and can be accessed by any honest researcher. Why then do you add your big (sic!) name to a statement that you cannot back up with irrefutable proof? You ibos are so determined to tarnish the yorubas reputation that you will go to any lengths to accomplish your goal, even if it involves outright lies.

However, few knuckleheads such as you believed otherwise.

Yeah, i believe in FACTS!!!

The burden of proof is on you who believed NCNC did not win the election.

Is that how you guys run things in your neck of the woods? All the more reason why you guys should just bugger off. You do not belong within a civilised nation. So in your culture one can just wake up one day and accuse his/her neighbour/enemy/ friend of pilferage/ murder etc without providing any proof whatsoever and the onus is on the indicted person to go looking for evidence/s to indicate his innocence. Gosh, you are just incorrigible. I can’t believe with all your grammar that you will expose your emptiness with such statement as above. Oh well, am not surprised as I have always known that your use of big words are just to cover up your deficient knowledgebase.

If you expect me to supply those Yoruba “orishirishi” names that won election into western regional house of assembly in 1951, you must be high on something, Bro.
meaning in ibo-speak, you do not have such info at your fingertips but that still doesn’t stop you from regurgitating the same unsubstantiated fallacious tales on a public forum like nl, hoping that eventually the “mud will stick” with continuous  repetitions. In one of your posts, you claimed Zik won outright. How many seats did zik and hic NCNC party  won to make you claimed he won "outright"? He needed 41 for a majority win. So how many seats did NCNC won? 50? 60? So, mr "shameless liar", do you have a figure for this your "outright win" or as per your character, its another bogus lie.        

Re: cc by Dede1(m): 5:31pm On Oct 22, 2011
T8ksy:

In one of your posts, you claimed Zik won outright. How many seats did zik and hic NCNC party won to make you claimed he won "outright"? He needed 41 for a majority win. So how many seats did NCNC won? 50? 60? So, mr "shameless liar", do you have a figure for this your "outright win" or as per your character, its another bogus lie.

I have labored relentlessly to give you the benefit of doubts that NCNC did not win majority seats into the western regional house of assembly during 1951 regional election. But the weight of Yoruba tribal and inventive issue of carpet-crossing seems to douse my eagerness. I honestly suggest you revisit the issue of carpet-crossing with courage.
Re: cc by T8ksy(m): 6:00pm On Oct 22, 2011
Dede1:

I have labored relentlessly to give you the benefit of doubts that NCNC did not win majority seats into the western regional house of assembly during 1951 regional election. But the weight of Yoruba tribal and inventive issue of carpet-crossing seems to douse my eagerness. I honestly suggest you revisit the issue of carpet-crossing with courage.

Pray tell us, what are you struggling with? You claimed here that NCNC won the western regional house of assembly election in 1951, outright.

All am asking for proof of this staement. Give us a figure, at leaast. how many seats was won by NCNC?

Carpet-crossing was a consequence of the election. If NCNC won outright then there might have been a case of carpet-crossing but you have to prove that NCNC won,

first. However, it seems you can't prove nada so just forget about the issue of carpet-crossing jo.

I still maintain, you dede, are a pathological liar and when caught out starts ducking & diving like a slimy git same as zik of africa did.

Must be an inherent trait!
Re: cc by Dede1(m): 8:31pm On Oct 22, 2011
T8ksy:

Pray tell us, what are you struggling with? You claimed here that NCNC won the western regional house of assembly election in 1951, outright.

All am asking for proof of this staement. Give us a figure, at leaast. how many seats was won by NCNC?

Carpet-crossing was a consequence of the election. If NCNC won outright then there might have been a case of carpet-crossing but you have to prove that NCNC won,

first. However, it seems you can't prove nada so just forget about the issue of carpet-crossing jo.

I still maintain, you dede, are a pathological liar and when caught out starts ducking & diving like a slimy git same as zik of africa did.

Must be an inherent trait!

Every domesticated dog in Nigeria knew the genesis of carpet-crossing in Nigeria. I do not know which of you that is a pathological liar, the dogs or you that continue to lie about the essence of carpet-crossing on the floor of western regional house of assembly.
Re: cc by T8ksy(m): 3:41pm On Oct 23, 2011
Dede1:

Every domesticated dog in Nigeria knew the genesis of carpet-crossing in Nigeria. I do not know which of you that is a pathological liar, the dogs or you that continue to lie about the essence of carpet-crossing on the floor of western regional house of assembly.

Erm typical dede! Always ducking and diving! must be in the genes!!!

Yeah, we all do! According to you lot, carpet-crossing started when NCNC won outright, the election at the western regional house of assembly in 1951. Unfortunately, neither you nor anyone else in this same perfidious boat as you, have been able to provide, beyond reasonable doubt, evidence/s to buttress your wild allegation. You sound like a broken record player reiterating the same ancient lines over and over again.

Hey “prof”, we ‘ve heard it all before. In fact, for over half a century, you ibos have been yearning the same old BS. We are sick and tired of it. Show us the election results which prove conclusively that NCNC won the 1951 election in western region or STFU! You are an awful fraud!!  A sham!!!

And also, stop hopping around like a directionless frog for a moment, if you can. You have yet to prove the case of what led to carpet-crossing and you are already jumping on to, the “essence” of carpet-crossing. Haba, slow down . Don’t get ahead of yourself.   
Re: cc by remarkD(m): 2:56am On Oct 24, 2011
its understandable if people are scared of Igbos, i think the Nigerian/Biafran war shook this country to its foundation, actually more than i thought as i've just been doing some more reading. i had always thought it was a one-sided war, lost before it was begun as some people insinuate such sentiments, and that they (Biafra) were pretty much on defence as they were "overpowered" with superior amunition from the get-go - not at all!

The Nigerian army did suffer some serious losses of their soldiers too!

i was reading on this website (Noah Omoigyi's) that was narrating accounts of military blunders during the war, and its not once, twice nor thrice that towns were taken by federal troops, only to be retaken by Biafran troops. Over and over again!

its classic that Benjamin Adekunli said he'll round up operation OAU (Owerri, Aba, Umuahia) in 2 weeks!), , but its one thing to talk, its easy to talk, when pooh hits the fan, , someone got called back to Lagos and replaced by Obasanjo (i believe it was Obj?).

Still on this Black Scorpion of a guy, i think he was one heck of a character, the fascinating story of Col. Etuk being trapped in Owerri and how his amazing courage and leadership successfully helped his unit escape, got me cracking up when i read that Adekunli had over the phone said to Etuk, "You bastard son of a bitch, do you think you're the only commander i have?"
I dunno if Nollywood have started making movies about Nigeria's history, but the encirclement of the 16th Brigade of the Nigerian army is a very interesting story and could be a good plot for a movie, a good lesson on leadership, courage and survival. (Noah adds the humorous parts too and that makes it more interesting).

Back to who is fearing the Igbos and how i thought Nigeria had only a handful of casualties, i am now wondering if its possible to know estimates of military casualties on each side? like how many Nigerian army personnel died compared to Biafran personnel. Killing civilians through indiscriminate air raids is very unjust and an act of cowardice. it appears the Nigerian military did that out of frustration, you think you can conquer these people just-like-that and when you start getting a beating, you begin hitting below the belt, is what it appears they did. (Could be out of similar frustration that Benjamin Adekunli said he'll shoot anything that moves? he wasn't having it easy fighting the troops, so turn your gun on women and children, how brave.)

Here's to those brave Biafran soldiers that fought galliantly from their hearts, with their lives, here's to the Ikemba Nnewi, Col. Odumegwu Ojukwu that led these troops,and here's to my new (other) hero of the war, Col. E.A. Etuk! Though he fought on the Nigerian side, i am really impressed with his leadership and valiance in Owerri in 1968.

If anyone is interested in reading the account (perhaps again? Noah Omoigyi seems pretty popular with history stuff on Nigeria's military etc) here is the website where i spent my Sunday evening! the Etuk escape is in Part 7 i believe, or just read it all! its pretty interesting, http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?25442-Nigerian-Army-blunders-during-the-civil-war-Part-1

One last question, if war breaks out in this modern day and time, what do you guys predict? how would things be different this time around compared to 1966 and a lil prior?

Would the West declare their Sovreignity? , i think so.

Minorities in the East and Midwest? , i have no idea, i think they'd wanna play neutral to begin with.

Other allies? NATO and co? OAU (that opposed Biafra in '66) i think there's lots of Igbos in China today than in '66, so could that play a role?

The war fare itself? i think this time around, it'd be more tough, cause the Nigeiran army now knows they can't use police action to stop even a group of militants, less an entire region lol, and that you can't take Owerri, Aba and Umuahia in 2 weeks even if Russia and Britian have armed you to the teeth.

As the egotistic Nigerian line goes, who do you think you are?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What The Igbo Need To Know Before They Join The Ijaw For Civil War / No Audit Report On N4.2tn TSA Two Years After –AGF / Army Calls For Closure Of Nigeria’s Amnesty International Offices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.