Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,563 members, 7,837,157 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:02 PM

The counterintuitive version of Nigerian Feminism. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The counterintuitive version of Nigerian Feminism. (851 Views)

Is This A New Version Of True Love? / What Is Nigerian Feminism? Hilarious Answer on Twitter / My Opinion About FEMINISM... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The counterintuitive version of Nigerian Feminism. by englishmart(m): 3:12pm On Sep 07, 2023
Feminism, according to Oxford English mini, is
social theory or political movement which argues that legal and social restrictions on women must be removed in order to bring about equality of the sexes in all aspects of public and private life.

Feminism makes sense if it's combating crimes and suppressions against women. Like child marriage, sex trafficking, sex for grades, deprivation from education, land disinheritance, etc.

Nigerian feminists are more concerned with pulling men down at every single chance they get. You don't get even by eliminating the odds, you get even by stepping up.

You don't demand equality or equity. You earn it.
What equality do you need, btw? We are built differently and can only maximise our potentials when we stick to our inherent specifications.

Feminism in Nigeria is a bandwagon movement centred around benefits without work.
How many women are in battlefields, fighting to defend their country? 99% of military casualties are men. 90% of plumbers, bricklayers, carpenters, cabinetmakers, and every tough artisan job are men's.

Let's say you're traveling with your man and you had a flat tyre. Would you expect the man to fix the tyre? Yes. Thats the natural inclination. The man will have to fix it. If someone disrespects you, he will defend you with his life. He puts his life on the line for your safety. Talking about politics, power isn't gifted. Countries where women are presidents or prime ministers didn't have them sit and whine daily about how men are the reason they're not making progress. They took responsibility, showed active participation, shrewdness and the capacity to lead.

If women won't come out enmasse to vote their fellow women, why blame men for their seeming marginalisation?
Everybody should function accordingly to their anatomy. You can't cheat nature. If you do the tough jobs, spend more time at work, give the same output, you're not going to be paid less than any man that puts in the same effort. There's this lady at my workplace who always complains that I earn higher than her. You're just a secretary. You barely do anything arduous or significantly productive, and you want to earn higher than a civil engineer who works 10 hours daily as opposed to your 4 hours of acute lethargy? Make it make sense.

No job is a man's job. It's either you can do the job or you can't. More than 90% of risky jobs are men's job. How many women firefighters are there? The female ones stay in the office, while the male ones face excruciating pains fighting to put out a fire, while some die in the process. Do the tough jobs, don't leave them to men and then cry about how men are getting all the jobs. Men are born to take responsibility. They don't have a plan b. Most lazy women's plan B is marriage (food and shelter)
Take up diving jobs, not just hairdressing or tailoring. Men are even talking over those trades already.
Women, your problem is your fellow women not men. Men are out to protect you. Your fellow women are out to destroy you. Haven't you wondered, whenever a girls s*xtape leaks, 80% of people requesting for and reposting the videos are women. Women are so intent on destroying one another.
You're a feminist, yet we won't split bills. Keep playing. Feminist ni, ventriloquist ko. 🤣

Englishmart

6 Likes

Re: The counterintuitive version of Nigerian Feminism. by englishmart(m): 3:12pm On Sep 07, 2023
One female house of reps member was campaigning on Arise news about her qualities and why she should be elected speaker. Her main point was that she's a woman, and president Tinubu promised women 30% inclusiveness, therefore they should vote for her. I laughed my arsenal out that day.
In her opinion, gender is more profound than competence.

11 Likes

Re: The counterintuitive version of Nigerian Feminism. by Tunde835(m): 3:17pm On Sep 07, 2023
I don't take women seriously. They're not very smart

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: The counterintuitive version of Nigerian Feminism. by reiddecuti: 3:18pm On Sep 07, 2023
Nigeria is one hell of a country meaning to things are read differently.

2 Likes

Re: The counterintuitive version of Nigerian Feminism. by Nobody: 3:30pm On Sep 07, 2023
This is for feminists grin

*Chewing sugar cane while I await thier arrival* grin

2 Likes

Re: The counterintuitive version of Nigerian Feminism. by Fahvvy: 3:31pm On Sep 07, 2023
Well said OP...

Some people believe that having a hole in-between their legs makes them entitled to certain privileges undecided...

You can't be demanding equal pay and yet not be willing to put in equal work, it just doesn't make sense undecided...

Nigerian feminist are just a bunch of bitter entitled and lazy women who want twice the pay for half the work that they still won't do well undecided...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The counterintuitive version of Nigerian Feminism. by Stawner16(m): 3:47pm On Sep 07, 2023
Persephone1:

Oh, aren’t you a feminist? Or yours is part-time? Only when it’s time to hate on men and push the agenda of the coven? All these convenient feminists😁

1 Like

Re: The counterintuitive version of Nigerian Feminism. by Nobody: 3:53pm On Sep 07, 2023
Stawner16:

Oh, aren’t you a feminist? Or yours is part-time? Only when it’s time to hate on men and push the agenda of the coven? All these convenient feminists😁
I was expecting this grin grin grin

Lol every lady that counters your opinion on Nl is a feminist grin grin . All these part time logical beings grin

3 Likes

Re: The counterintuitive version of Nigerian Feminism. by englishmart(m): 4:19pm On Sep 07, 2023
Fahvvy:
Well said OP...

Some people believe that having a hole in-between their legs makes them entitled to certain privileges undecided...

You can't be demanding equal pay and yet not be willing to put in equal work, it just doesn't make sense undecided...

Nigerian feminist are just a bunch of bitter entitled and lazy women who want twice the pay for half the work that they still won't do well undecided...
That's how one feminist blocked me on WhatsApp. She claimed to have lost her phone and needed a new one ASAP. My Job was to console her. I nearly injured her with motivational speeches. She couldn't take motivational speeches, she needed money and was frustrated by my deliberate unwillingness to help her. She always says she's a feminist, yet the holds the opinion that it's the man's job to provide. I blocked the confused camel from everything that has to do with me. If you say you're a feminist, I will treat you as one. No helping you carry heavy loads, no preferential treatments for you, no gentlemanliness or any form of chivalry. You and I na bros. But if you want to function in your inherent capacity, then I will follow suit. Feminism or not, I ain't dealing with an irresponsible woman who believes she deserves something special because of her kuntus. I also have gbola.

13 Likes

Re: The counterintuitive version of Nigerian Feminism. by englishmart(m): 4:24pm On Sep 07, 2023
Persephone1:
I was expecting this grin grin grin

Lol every lady that counters your opinion on Nl is a feminist grin grin . All these part time logical beings grin
Your lack of dissenting comment is seen as corroboration

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The counterintuitive version of Nigerian Feminism. by SMOGnow: 4:34pm On Sep 07, 2023
englishmart:
Your lack of dissenting comment is seen as corroboration
exactly. They know they're in denial

1 Like

Re: The counterintuitive version of Nigerian Feminism. by SMOGnow: 4:35pm On Sep 07, 2023
englishmart:
That's how one feminist blocked me on WhatsApp. She claimed to have lost her phone and needed a new one ASAP. My Job was to console her. I nearly injured her with motivational speeches. She couldn't take motivational speeches, she needed money and was frustrated by my deliberate unwillingness to help her. She always says she's a feminist, yet the holds the opinion that it's the man's job to provide. I blocked the confused camel from everything that has to do with me. If you say you're a feminist, I will treat you as one. No helping you carry heavy loads, no preferential treatments for you, no gentlemanliness or any form of chivalry. You and I na bros. But if you want to function in your inherent capacity, then I will follow suit. Feminism or not, I ain't dealing with an irresponsible woman who believes she deserves something special because of her kuntus. I also have gbola.
🤣🤣🤣 Oboy, sense can never kill you
Re: The counterintuitive version of Nigerian Feminism. by SMOGnow: 4:35pm On Sep 07, 2023
reiddecuti:
Nigeria is one hell of a country meaning to things are read differently.
Nigeria is crazy.
Re: The counterintuitive version of Nigerian Feminism. by SMOGnow: 4:36pm On Sep 07, 2023
Persephone1:

Don't shy away. Defend your clan
Re: The counterintuitive version of Nigerian Feminism. by Nobody: 4:45pm On Sep 07, 2023
What's with the mentions dudes?

Kindly adopt the method of adding your opinion without being entitled to another's.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: The counterintuitive version of Nigerian Feminism. by ednut1(m): 4:57pm On Sep 07, 2023
Nigerian version of feminism is a joke and a scam
Re: The counterintuitive version of Nigerian Feminism. by englishmart(m): 5:01pm On Sep 07, 2023
Persephone1:
What's with the mentions dudes?

Kindly adopt the method of adding your opinion without being entitled to another's.

Thank you.
How is mentioning you suggestive of any form of opinion entitlement? This is an interactive forum. If you dread heat, leave the kitchen. Nobody would have mentioned you if your opinion wasn't made. You wouldn't be complaining about entitlement if the mentions bore positive comments.

2 Likes

Re: The counterintuitive version of Nigerian Feminism. by NSNO(m): 5:02pm On Sep 07, 2023
I don't think this is a Nigerian thing. It's everywhere. Feminism has been hijacked to mean something else because if it is true equality you want, you need to be able to pull your weight.
Re: The counterintuitive version of Nigerian Feminism. by englishmart(m): 5:09pm On Sep 07, 2023
NSNO:
I don't think this is a Nigerian thing. It's everywhere. Feminism has been hijacked to mean something else because if it is true equality you want, you need to be able to pull your weight.
The Nigerian version is backed up by ignorance. Here in USA, most women are ready to split bills, pay rents, and show great level of financial responsibility. That's why guys don't mind doing domestic chores. What you bring to the table, she brings as well. There are some isolated cases of women in the West who hide their misandry under feminism, no doubt, but our version is largely bandwagon-sponsored with a sprinkle of ignorance and stupidity

1 Like

Re: The counterintuitive version of Nigerian Feminism. by Nobody: 5:11pm On Sep 07, 2023
Dude I don't want to engage you . I have my Nl Cinderella already grin grin grin

Take a hike!

1 Like

Re: The counterintuitive version of Nigerian Feminism. by englishmart(m): 5:15pm On Sep 07, 2023
Persephone1:
Dude I don't want to engage you . I have my Nl Cinderella already grin grin grin

Take a hike!
Cinderella? Who is auditioning for the Cinderella position? Abeg dissipate

1 Like

Re: The counterintuitive version of Nigerian Feminism. by Nobody: 5:16pm On Sep 07, 2023
Mumu ni bobo yii Sha grin

1 Like

Re: The counterintuitive version of Nigerian Feminism. by englishmart(m): 5:19pm On Sep 07, 2023
Persephone1:
Mumu ni bobo yii Sha grin
she-camel

1 Like

Re: The counterintuitive version of Nigerian Feminism. by pansophist(m): 1:26am On Sep 08, 2023
Modern feminists are not known to be smart. They may be able to speak big English, recite theories, and argue, but they aren't smart.

2 Likes

Re: The counterintuitive version of Nigerian Feminism. by Tenrack: 5:56am On Sep 08, 2023
englishmart:
How is mentioning you suggestive of any form of opinion entitlement? This is an interactive forum. If you dread heat, leave the kitchen. Nobody would have mentioned you if your opinion wasn't made. You wouldn't be complaining about entitlement if the mentions bore positive comments.
na Moomoo dey worry am.. they never learn. Proud bleeps.
Re: The counterintuitive version of Nigerian Feminism. by Tenrack: 5:57am On Sep 08, 2023
Persephone1:

Take a hike!
rest. Nobody gives a Bleep about your existence here.
Re: The counterintuitive version of Nigerian Feminism. by Tenrack: 5:58am On Sep 08, 2023
pansophist:
Modern feminists are not known to be smart. They may be able to speak big English, recite theories, and argue, but they aren't smart.
cheesy boss.. Nairaland is fully stacked with these lot. Plenty grammar no single sense to reason. If I talk wetin dey my mind. Some imbeciles would start to call me a misogynist.

1 Like

Re: The counterintuitive version of Nigerian Feminism. by englishmart(m): 6:35am On Sep 08, 2023
Tenrack:
na Moomoo dey worry am.. they never learn. Proud bleeps.
Overmumu wan finish her.

1 Like

Re: The counterintuitive version of Nigerian Feminism. by Gerrard59(m): 6:40am On Sep 08, 2023
englishmart:

Feminism in Nigeria is a bandwagon movement centred around benefits without work.
How many women are in battlefields, fighting to defend their country? 99% of military casualties are men. 90% of plumbers, bricklayers, carpenters, cabinetmakers, and every tough artisan job are men's.

Let's say you're traveling with your man and you had a flat tyre. Would you expect the man to fix the tyre? Yes. Thats the natural inclination. The man will have to fix it. If someone disrespects you, he will defend you with his life. He puts his life on the line for your safety. Talking about politics, power isn't gifted. Countries where women are presidents or prime ministers didn't have them sit and whine daily about how men are the reason they're not making progress. They took responsibility, showed active participation, shrewdness and the capacity to lead. [/b]

If women won't come out enmasse to vote their fellow women, why blame men for their seeming marginalisation?
Everybody should function accordingly to their anatomy. You can't cheat nature. If you do the tough jobs, spend more time at work, give the same output, you're not going to be paid less than any man that puts in the same effort. There's this lady at my workplace who always complains that I earn higher than her. You're just a secretary. You barely do anything arduous or significantly productive, and you want to earn higher than a civil engineer who works 10 hours daily as opposed to your 4 hours of acute lethargy? Make it make sense.

No job is a man's job. It's either you can do the job or you can't. More than 90% of risky jobs are men's job. How many women firefighters are there? The female ones stay in the office, while the male ones face excruciating pains fighting to put out a fire, while some die in the process. Do the tough jobs, don't leave them to men and then cry about how men are getting all the jobs. Men are born to take responsibility. They don't have a plan b. Most lazy women's plan B is marriage (food and shelter) [/b]
Take up diving jobs, not just hairdressing or tailoring.

Na wetin make me no do feminism again.

Before 2015/6, I was a staunch defender of feminism on Nairaland. E get one post like that I defended feminism, dem nearly chew me raw. I stood gidigba. Until Donald Trump's ascendancy to the White House and the #MeToo events that made me change my stance. The logic wasn't logicing again. You cannot ask for equal pay but shun jobs that are characterised by long hours, which pay more. You cannot demand privileges and preferential treatment whereas your male contemporaries are mandated to serve the country, thereby putting them on the back foot in terms of career and education (Singapore and South Korea). Now, both countries have low birth rates. OK, born so that the country's population fit grow. Una say no even after all the economic opportunities the men have set in place and orderly society they have built. You say men are paid more, but you focus on niche sectors. How about demand for parity in welding and firefighting? Why focus on tech and corporate jobs? To put off fire no be work? Rather than focus on equality of opportunities, you focus on equality of outcomes. Na that one dey vex me pass.

englishmart:
The Nigerian version is backed up by ignorance. Here in USA, most women are ready to split bills, pay rents, and show great level of financial responsibility. That's why guys don't mind doing domestic chores. What you bring to the table, she brings as well. There are some isolated cases of women in the West who hide their misandry under feminism, no doubt, but our version is largely bandwagon-sponsored with a sprinkle of ignorance and stupidity

LOL!

Women are hypergamous. At the end of the day, you as the man is expected to earn more than she does. In situations where she brings something close to 50% (it is never exactly 50%), she will become more assertive which many of our African men cannot stand with. To be fair, this is expected because when someone contributes a significant amount of money into a venture, that person seeks for more control/power.

Lastly, Nigerian feminism dey learn work for where Western feminism dey. The new wave of feminism is one of the major reasons why marriage rates have plummeted. The cost of living, especially housing, is another major factor.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The counterintuitive version of Nigerian Feminism. by Tenrack: 6:40am On Sep 08, 2023
englishmart:
Overmumu wan finish her.
just ignore the re.tarded animal. Good morning chief.
Re: The counterintuitive version of Nigerian Feminism. by englishmart(m): 6:46am On Sep 08, 2023
Tenrack:
just ignore the re.tarded animal. Good morning chief.
Copy that. Good morning, boss.

1 Like

Re: The counterintuitive version of Nigerian Feminism. by Karleb(m): 10:14am On Sep 08, 2023
pansophist:

One drunk man is wiser than 2 feminists with phds.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Suicide methods / Whats The Tonic Ie Ingredients For Keeping A Relationship Going / Please Install Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.