Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,908 members, 7,828,189 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:21 AM

After JAPA - How Long It Took To Make Your First 100 Million - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / After JAPA - How Long It Took To Make Your First 100 Million (49067 Views)

Points To Consider Before And After Japa Expedition / Japa: How They Rob People During Day Time In South Africa / JAPA: How My Nigerian Accent Failed Me In Canada (pix/video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After JAPA - How Long It Took To Make Your First 100 Million by IamKizzbrown10(m): 6:26pm On Sep 09, 2023
erico2k2:

i CAN SEE YOU GOT AN internet ENABLED PHONE, PHONES ARE NOT FOR TIK TOK AND naira LAND ALONE!

THE PHONE AM USING DOESN'T EVEN CARRY TITOK OR FACEBOOK, IT A 3.2 ANDROID VERSION PHONE

SO IT JUST FOR OPERA MINI
Re: After JAPA - How Long It Took To Make Your First 100 Million by erico2k2(m): 6:31pm On Sep 09, 2023
IamKizzbrown10:

THE PHONE AM USING DOESN'T EVEN CARRY TITOK OR FACEBOOK, IT A 3.2 ANDROID VERSION PHONE

SO IT JUST FOR OPERA MINI
BUT IT HAS YOUTUBE
Re: After JAPA - How Long It Took To Make Your First 100 Million by juman(m): 6:36pm On Sep 09, 2023
Money dey abroad.
Catch your American dream, it's real.

Likewise in Europe and other countries.
Grab your abroad dream, make good money through hard work.

2 Likes

Re: After JAPA - How Long It Took To Make Your First 100 Million by Chidolalar: 6:36pm On Sep 09, 2023
erico2k2:

How do you survive with 27k/month, I pay my security man more than that in PHC

Hello please can u connect me to any meaningful paid job
Re: After JAPA - How Long It Took To Make Your First 100 Million by IamKizzbrown10(m): 6:37pm On Sep 09, 2023
erico2k2:
BUT IT HAS YOUTUBE
BRO IT VIVO S7
IT DOSENT HAVE YOUTUBE OR APPS
AM JUST PRAYING TO SAVE MONEY TO BUY PHONE
Re: After JAPA - How Long It Took To Make Your First 100 Million by juman(m): 6:39pm On Sep 09, 2023
Most people in abroad for forty-fifty years don't have even ten millions worth of money.
Some achieved nothing.
Because of laziness, reckless spending etc.

Don't make mistakes. Nothing can replace hard work and sensible spending.

4 Likes

Re: After JAPA - How Long It Took To Make Your First 100 Million by NoNaw: 6:40pm On Sep 09, 2023
Olawade24:

I don't even believe his story someone who has gone to Sweden, look at his moniker mumuonbail. Quite pathetic.

Swear grin
Re: After JAPA - How Long It Took To Make Your First 100 Million by StJasper(m): 6:46pm On Sep 09, 2023
etrange:

That's a tricky one. To be honest, when I said entry, mid and senior level jobs, I was referring to highly skilled professionals ranging from those who are just starting thier careers (entry level) to those that are well advanced in thier profession (senior level). Example of such highly skilled professionals include teachers, technicians, lawyers, business analysts, project managers, doctors, software developers, engineers, accountants, nurses, bankers, and other such professionals that require specialized skills or university degrees. For these groups of people, I have a 'fair understanding' of the salary scale in some countries in the Americas, Europe and the Middle East.

However, when you say "middle class jobs", I have a feeling you're referring to semi-skilled workers like clerical staff, equipments installers, warehouse supervisors, pest control technicians, customer service rep and other similar jobs that are classified above unskilled but do not require extensive training or university degree or specialization. If that is the case, I might not be able to answer factually cause I've not really spent time in that part of the labour market. What I know for sure is that such jobs are more readily available in the US than other places I've lived in or visited.

For the first group of people I mentioned (highly skilled), I observed that the country that pays the most "after-tax" salary in the Middle East is the UAE (the after-tax is in quote cause they don't pay income tax anyway. However, they mostly pay transferred employees more). Saudi Arabia (no income tax too) is also very similar. In the Americas, it is the US and in Europe, countries like Denmark, Switzerland, Iceland, Luxembourg, etc tend to pay more than others. Singapore, Japan and Honkong are strong contenders in Asia. When compared as a whole, I observed the US generally pays more than the European countries except for those specific high income countries in Europe. While the UAE tend to pay the most, the chances of getting those kinds of jobs are higher in the US/Canada. Again, when you consider income before tax, you might have a different arrangement with countries like the US, Germany, Canada, the UK, etc going up the least (I know nothing about Australia and New Zealand).

One thing to bear in mind is that when it comes to earning potential, salary is one thing, actual job opportunity is another. Again, the pay is not always what it seems like as tax and cost of living are always in play. And please, take everything I said with a pinch of salt. This is based on personal experience and observations and, therefore, is more opinionated than factual. There are more detailed reports online shared by those who have actually studied the labour markets across the globe. I beseech you to read them for more accurate information.

I love your method of analysis.

What can you say about countries like Kuwait, Malaysia, Australia and Andorra?
Re: After JAPA - How Long It Took To Make Your First 100 Million by juman(m): 6:47pm On Sep 09, 2023
Remember:
IBB stole twelve billion dollars.
Obasanjo spent sixteen billion dollars on electricity generation but he could not generate even one watt.
Abacha stole several billions of dollars.
If buhari is investigated well, probably he went away with billions of dollars also.

There is money in Nigeria but bad leadership is our problem.

Jagaban is the messiah.
Re: After JAPA - How Long It Took To Make Your First 100 Million by Spiff20(m): 6:59pm On Sep 09, 2023
Traveling abroad is starting a business. It may favor you and it might not. Both are risks. Travelling for fun is much better, otherwise it's like moving from the village to Lagos, the only differences are obvious. Security, high standards of living, electricity

3 Likes

Re: After JAPA - How Long It Took To Make Your First 100 Million by Smartguyboy(m): 7:20pm On Sep 09, 2023
BigDawsNet:

2%
How many blacks are working there
Re: After JAPA - How Long It Took To Make Your First 100 Million by Smartguyboy(m): 7:22pm On Sep 09, 2023
erico2k2:

I disagree with you, the only reason you hear of killings is cos its recorded and documented,.In NIgeria no record, if not for social Meadie just now we nor go hear anything
You still can’t compare the killings in USA to Nigeria
Some state even have more killings and police brutality than Nigeria as a country

1 Like

Re: After JAPA - How Long It Took To Make Your First 100 Million by BennyDGreat: 7:27pm On Sep 09, 2023
Inspirer1:

Average salary of software engineer in UK is £68,314 (google)
Tax 40% of 68,314 is 27,325.6
So, 68,314 - 27,325.6 = 40,988.4
Rent for a single person plus bills plus feeding ~ 1000/month
Therefore, for 12 months, it will be = 12,000

So, 40,988.4 - 12,000 = £28, 988.4

If £1 ~ #1,085

Then £28,988.4 ~ = #31,452,414

1 year savings = #31,452,414

So, to save #100,000 000, it will take you #100,000,000/#31,452,414
= 3.18 years
= 3 years 2 months approximately.

Anybody that works with this will be considered very stingy oh especially if he has folks back home
Re: After JAPA - How Long It Took To Make Your First 100 Million by erico2k2(m): 7:35pm On Sep 09, 2023
Smartguyboy:

You still can’t compare the killings in USA to Nigeria
Some state even have more killings and police brutality than Nigeria as a country
I am not in the US so I cant argue on that one, but in the Uk its way different, But then again the killings you are talking about is gun and knife crimes, in Nigeria people die from Motor accident and Illness more than gun and knife crime
Re: After JAPA - How Long It Took To Make Your First 100 Million by BennyDGreat: 7:38pm On Sep 09, 2023
VULCAN:
I was rather disappointed reading your write up because it's one of the worst cases of projection I have read about in a while.

You are earning seven figures and have no dependants and you are comparing yourself to those earning seven or six figures but have 3 kids to cater for.

If you were paying out N2-3m every term for school fees and it's ancillaries, coupled with regular contributions to parents and relatives, I'm sure you wouldn't be asking us such a question.

The people that earn 7 figures in Nigeria and live in highbrow areas don't send their kids to cheap schools.

But it's your complete inability to see beyond your own nose that's saddening.

In UK, US and Canada, parents pay next to nothing for school fees unless they chose to- by sending their kids to certain types of schools.

Having a second passport from some selected countries is worth much more than staying here and earning N5m a month, especially when you have dependents.

It's an unquantifiable advantage.

That you boil down Japa to just a money led goal tells me you have a rather narrow view of life.

Well...there are still a lot of things to consider within the mix of all these....

Having a second passport may be good but having kids raised in environment that gives you a peace of mind in old age is more important. Hence, not all places can be Japa'd too considering the average character of kids brought up in that region.

Two is how about people whose companies pay part of the kids fees or pay all....cos such people do exist. Do you think these folks would Japa like others would?

These two are just some of the areas I can think of for now....
Re: After JAPA - How Long It Took To Make Your First 100 Million by BennyDGreat: 7:41pm On Sep 09, 2023
Wodu89:

$125k per month?

Annual. Na only CEOS or top consultant sfit earn such
Re: After JAPA - How Long It Took To Make Your First 100 Million by BennyDGreat: 7:44pm On Sep 09, 2023
Princedapace:

All I have written is not nonsense.
U all paint it like once abroad, everything is fine.

Im working with a US company that is so eager in taking teens away from the street of America. I couldnt imagine the number of wasted teens and how it is a big issue. Baba, who no get sense no get sense.
Some of u just paint it like people pick money abroad, like people just wake up and see money.
If the opportunities are there as u paint it, there won't be a single struggling person abroad.

My last vacation, I was in the most of over 20 Americans. They are just regular average people financial wise. I even have dolls pass them and they complain so much about almost eveurthing with life and money

Many people don't understand one thing: Results and outcomes in life is MORE about the quality of decisions than location. As much as location determines a lot of things, YOUR DECISIONS ARE TOO POWERFUL and can even override disadvantages in your location

1 Like

Re: After JAPA - How Long It Took To Make Your First 100 Million by Smartguyboy(m): 7:49pm On Sep 09, 2023
erico2k2:

I am not in the US so I cant argue on that one, but in the Uk its way different, But then again the killings you are talking about is gun and knife crimes, in Nigeria people die from Motor accident and Illness more than gun and knife crime

Big lie
If it is true than 50% would have been dead by illness by now.

2 Likes

Re: After JAPA - How Long It Took To Make Your First 100 Million by BennyDGreat: 7:50pm On Sep 09, 2023
43Ronin:

at op exchange rate, is 100m not $100k per annum? mtscheew. PMs, BAs, Devops, Data analyst, AIs, DBAs can make more doing 2 jobs remotely no even think am. Give yourself a year to get the certifications, the rest is history

Not sure you can combine two high earning remote job without employing folks to work under you. The work will be too much
Re: After JAPA - How Long It Took To Make Your First 100 Million by wayodude(m): 7:51pm On Sep 09, 2023
Hahahahahahaha
Re: After JAPA - How Long It Took To Make Your First 100 Million by BennyDGreat: 7:52pm On Sep 09, 2023
ogbonti:

you are not making sense at all - I am sorry to say- IF indeed you are making 7 figures remotely working in Nigeria - why d you wan to Japa?

What exactly are you escaping from ? you think abroad is bed of roses ? you better seat your butt down and keep buying lands and

properties from those fo ols selling their lands and properties to travel to the world of unknown (japa) only to realize they have been sold

a dream. While you are planning to japa, an army of Chinese and Lebanese youths are moving into your country to take over

WHEN you and those who "blindly" japa - return in 10- 20 years from now, you will hardly recognize your country as it will be

RECOLONIZED by new "economic" - IMPERIALISTs - whom you japa-ed and left the country for. INSTEAD of you to make money in

Nigeria, train other youths too to make money remotely in Nigeria - and travel overseas for vacations and live the best life ever in the

Land of your birth - you are joining those heading for "modern slavery and racist subjugation" all in the name of "I live abroad" - hmmm angry

I have lived almost 30 years in America - IF I am in your position right now 30 years ago, with what you earn, and knowing what I know

today about the western world 30 years ago, I will not japa... God sees my heart I am speaking the truth, and not to deceive you...

The grass they say - is always greener on the other side - ---- who no go, no know -- IT IS WELL cool

Apt!
Re: After JAPA - How Long It Took To Make Your First 100 Million by UnfairLife7(m): 8:04pm On Sep 09, 2023
akslink:
have you made that 100 million? You people think abroad are still like 15 or 20 years ago where you can get multiple jobs and lower taxes, now many citizens of the country you they go no even get work talk less say you go come get.
abroad na still heaven compare to your country naija.
Re: After JAPA - How Long It Took To Make Your First 100 Million by BennyDGreat: 8:15pm On Sep 09, 2023
digitalheadline:

Them don brain wash una head tire for naija. Better leave if you can. $100k no be money again for yankee. People dey aim to be dollar millionaires now...

I believe he was talking about folks who make $100k a year minimum in the states. He's right with the statistics.

1 Like

Re: After JAPA - How Long It Took To Make Your First 100 Million by Fearyourcreator: 8:19pm On Sep 09, 2023
obaidan:

I see
Everywhere good and bad

1 Like

Re: After JAPA - How Long It Took To Make Your First 100 Million by UnfairLife7(m): 8:28pm On Sep 09, 2023
Princedapace:

All I have written is not nonsense.
U all paint it like once abroad, everything is fine.

Im working with a US company that is so eager in taking teens away from the street of America. I couldnt imagine the number of wasted teens and how it is a big issue. Baba, who no get sense no get sense.
Some of u just paint it like people pick money abroad, like people just wake up and see money.
If the opportunities are there as u paint it, there won't be a single struggling person abroad.

My last vacation, I was in the most of over 20 Americans. They are just regular average people financial wise. I even have dolls pass them and they complain so much about almost eveurthing with life and money
You don't compare US and other developed nations to Nigeria. An average naija pikin no get future that's the reality.
Re: After JAPA - How Long It Took To Make Your First 100 Million by UnfairLife7(m): 8:37pm On Sep 09, 2023
MT:

Seriously, the bolded always comes up as a reason when it comes to a matter of going abroad.

What do you really mean when you say "the future of the children are secured". Who secured it? How? I don't seem to understand that argument.

This is just an illusion. Yes, they have infrastructure. However, it is just the children that take the opportunities that will excel. The place is filled with lot of distractions and the laws restrict the parents to take either preventive or corrective actions . Most of their children don't do well in life. Mostly in rehab, doing one silly course, roaming the streets while relying on handouts. Just a few of them make it big.

No country signs any guarantee securing the future of any children in the world. Success is solely a function of how a child is determined to make the best out of life, irrespective of geographical location.

secure that people often say are

Quality healthcare, not the jamboree we have in Nigeria with no doctors to attend to patients
Quality education, not the jamboree we have in Nigeria where 250 students can be in one class with bad roof and no adequate chairs. Where school go on strike every year. Where public primary and secondary school is now a dumping ground
Good infrastructure, not the death trap road we have in Nigeria, no power supply
Enabling environment, not the insecurity we have in Nigeria, bokoharam, banditry, herdsmen, kidnappers et al
Less corruption, unlike what we have in Nigeria where our politicians are one of the highest paid in the world while their subjects earn 30k as minimum wage, despite that not all states has implement that
Less unemployment and poverty, unlike what we have in Nigeria. Millions of unemployed graduate roaming the streets daily. POVERTY is now a norms in naija. An average Nigerians cannot afford 3 square meal daily

A poor man child in Nigeria has no future unlike those developed countries

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: After JAPA - How Long It Took To Make Your First 100 Million by Ernesthugo(m): 8:37pm On Sep 09, 2023
WHICH COUNTRY? MENTION IT
AllenSpencer:

It’s possible! I have done over amount in a year.
Re: After JAPA - How Long It Took To Make Your First 100 Million by Ernesthugo(m): 8:38pm On Sep 09, 2023
NA ABROAD PEOPLE SUFFER PASS the complain is much more
tosyne2much:
And someone is telling me that $100k is not a big money as if $100k is N100,000

Do such people ever consider less privileged people and the ratio of those earning that annually before making such statement or is it just that everyone abroad is financially stable?
Re: After JAPA - How Long It Took To Make Your First 100 Million by UnfairLife7(m): 8:40pm On Sep 09, 2023
MrBroke:

You just dey cap like victim. Money is everywhere even in hell and poverty is everywhere too even in heaven. I don't think the OP is targeting any audience, maybe he's asking for himself.
He was right. Which money is everywhere yet Nigeria top the ladder of unemployment and poverty? Keep decieving yourself. An average Nigerians cannot afford 3 square meal daily if you care to know
Re: After JAPA - How Long It Took To Make Your First 100 Million by UnfairLife7(m): 8:59pm On Sep 09, 2023
Fearyourcreator:

Wetin be that quality life gangan cus I no understand
emilokan get lost
Re: After JAPA - How Long It Took To Make Your First 100 Million by Fearyourcreator: 9:00pm On Sep 09, 2023
UnfairLife7:
emilokan get lost
Who be this idiot again bayi
Re: After JAPA - How Long It Took To Make Your First 100 Million by UnfairLife7(m): 9:02pm On Sep 09, 2023
Fearyourcreator:

Oga Japa if you wan Japa... And if you don Japa carry people Japa too ...
pained broke ass nigga wey no get even passport 😂

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply)

If You Are Given The Oppurtunity To Travel Abroad Where Would You Go? / Bus Collides With A Lorry In Enugu, All Passengers Dead (Graphic Photos) / Nigerian Migrant Couple Kissing Aboard A Ship After Being Rescued from Sea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.