Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,593 members, 7,812,936 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:59 PM

Guys,i Need Your Advice On My Girlfriend,what Should I Really Do Pls - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Guys,i Need Your Advice On My Girlfriend,what Should I Really Do Pls (4257 Views)

I Asked My Girlfriend What Is Happening In Ukraine And This Is What She Told Me / If You See These Guys With Your Girlfriend What Would You Do(photo) / Man Planned With Police To Propose To Girlfriend, What Happened Next Is Shocking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guys,i Need Your Advice On My Girlfriend,what Should I Really Do Pls by izonborn098(m): 10:08am On Sep 10, 2023
1. they not married..
2. He don't want to leave..
3. He is afraid the girl might leave him because they are not legally married..
4. And all men don't think like op..
Persephone1:
The truth is Nigerian women aren't materialistic, Nigerian men are the ones given to Materialism. Here is a very good justification for this notion.

Op is with a lady who chose him irrespective of his financial ability unfortunately Op is not only insecure about his inability to provide material things rather he is also finding faults and attributing few humane reactions to his inability to Provide.

There's this question that has been left unanswered for years till date. It is "As a Nigerian man how do you handle a relationship with an independent lady?" .

Now we have a poster who wants to leave his understanding and not demanding girlfriend because can't buy her things grin grin And to top it he thinks he needs to pause the relationship and go hustle grin
Re: Guys,i Need Your Advice On My Girlfriend,what Should I Really Do Pls by garriAndsugar: 10:10am On Sep 10, 2023
Persephone1:
If the lady isn't giving Op issues or demanding anything then Op should work on his insecurity and enjoy his blessing.

If she is doing otherwise,he should let her go.
chubby girls give the best advice
Re: Guys,i Need Your Advice On My Girlfriend,what Should I Really Do Pls by SmellingAnus(m): 10:12am On Sep 10, 2023
Persephone1:
If the lady isn't giving Op issues or demanding anything then Op should work on his insecurity and enjoy his blessing.

nice advice...
Re: Guys,i Need Your Advice On My Girlfriend,what Should I Really Do Pls by brabie: 10:17am On Sep 10, 2023
Persephone1:
The truth is Nigerian women aren't materialistic, Nigerian men are the ones given to Materialism. Here is a very good justification for this notion.

Op is with a lady who chose him irrespective of his financial ability unfortunately Op is not only insecure about his inability to provide material things rather he is also finding faults and attributing few humane reactions to his inability to Provide.

There's this question that has been left unanswered for years till date. It is "As a Nigerian man how do you handle a relationship with an independent lady?" .

Now we have a poster who wants to leave his understanding and not demanding girlfriend because can't buy her things grin grin And to top it he thinks he needs to pause the relationship and go hustle grin
you're completely right on this, that's exactly how I feel. Hmm
Re: Guys,i Need Your Advice On My Girlfriend,what Should I Really Do Pls by brabie: 10:19am On Sep 10, 2023
Persephone1:

thank you so much I just needed to be sure am not making a wrong decision, if she wasn't a good person or if I haven't seen some firm qualities in her I wouldn't be here saying all this
Appreciate your advice thank you
Re: Guys,i Need Your Advice On My Girlfriend,what Should I Really Do Pls by Nobody: 10:24am On Sep 10, 2023
izonborn098:
1. they not married..
2. He don't want to leave..
3. He is afraid the girl might leave him because they are not legally married..
4. And all men don't think like op..
1. Kindly explain how this is related to the issue at hand. I'm having some difficulty with that.

2. On the contrary he wants to hence the thread. His problem isn't making the decision but validation and how to go about it.

3. So he wants to destroy a beautiful thing out of fear?

4. Well if you are on about the generalization in my post, I adopt Nl style. By Nl standard all women are evil, materialistic and gold diggers. Please don't get choked on a taste of your own medicine. grin

2 Likes

Re: Guys,i Need Your Advice On My Girlfriend,what Should I Really Do Pls by Nobody: 10:32am On Sep 10, 2023
brabie:
thank you so much I just needed to be sure am not making a wrong decision, if she wasn't a good person or if I haven't seen some firm qualities in her I wouldn't be here saying all this
Appreciate your advice thank you
Oh well good thing you brought this here. Work on your insecurity (I used the word for the lack of a substitute not to spite). Some women are ready to build, some settle for qualities they find in man aside his financial status eg peace of mind, some women like supportive and homely men, some prefer to start from scratch with a man. In short a woman can have the silliest reason to stay with a struggling man so don't overthink. And stop seeing things that are not there.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guys,i Need Your Advice On My Girlfriend,what Should I Really Do Pls by Lanmonfishery(m): 10:33am On Sep 10, 2023
I wish I could advise u but I haven't been in a relationship for years now so....all the best bro
Re: Guys,i Need Your Advice On My Girlfriend,what Should I Really Do Pls by Nobody: 10:36am On Sep 10, 2023
brabie:
you're completely right on this, that's exactly how I feel. Hmm
Lol 😂 Ikr? cheesy grin
It's not your fault though, it's the society you live in. Please don't overthink it grin You will get there.
Re: Guys,i Need Your Advice On My Girlfriend,what Should I Really Do Pls by Nobody: 10:37am On Sep 10, 2023
SmellingAnus:
nice advice...
Lol. It's the reasonable thing to say. I won't tell a man to go collect loan to please anyone nah grin
Re: Guys,i Need Your Advice On My Girlfriend,what Should I Really Do Pls by Nobody: 10:38am On Sep 10, 2023
garriAndsugar:

chubby girls give the best advice
Not chubby lipsrsealed
Re: Guys,i Need Your Advice On My Girlfriend,what Should I Really Do Pls by izonborn098(m): 10:39am On Sep 10, 2023
1. They are not married so she has the right to work away anytime she want hence the different between husband and boyfriend.
2. That is why he is seeking advice because he felt like he is betraying his babe.
3. He dey happens. He feels he is wasting her time by not living to expection incase whatever challenge that come up he can foot the bill..
4. I am not new here, we are just trolling.. It is left for people who take it serious..
Persephone1:
1. Kindly explain how this is related to the issue at hand. I'm having some difficulty with that.

2. On the contrary he wants to hence the thread. His problem isn't making the decision but validation and how to go about it.

3. So he wants to destroy a beautiful thing out of fear?

4. Well if you are on about the generalization in my post, I adopt Nl style. By Nl standard all women are evil, materialistic and gold diggers. Please don't get choked on a taste of your own medicine. grin
Re: Guys,i Need Your Advice On My Girlfriend,what Should I Really Do Pls by davillian(m): 11:08am On Sep 10, 2023
brabie:
I've been thinking about it for a while now and I don't want to spoil it.
I've been dating my girlfriend for a couple of months now and everything is going fine she is a nice person, kind and cool.
But for me am not yet financially strong enough to do what a bf is suppose to be doing, she's not complaining but I can see it in some of her attitudes towards me, I was thinking of telling her I want us to cut it off, more like taking a break off all this love stuffs so I can really work on myself and start doing what am supposed to be doing as her bf.

I want to tell her that "I still love her and want her but I can't be with her like this anymore because it hurts me so much, that am not able to do stuffs for her, I know eventually she might start to see other guys, I don't want it to get to that so pls guys help me out

WHAT SHOULD I REALLY DO OR SAY TO HER

I still want to be with her but not in my current condition now
Women can be patient when they can see you have prospect ..
Tell her everything you said here but still keep her.
Re: Guys,i Need Your Advice On My Girlfriend,what Should I Really Do Pls by DND069: 11:30am On Sep 10, 2023
Truly those in relationships are stuck! Someone once said, Nigerian men are in an interesting kind of bondage. If you are broke, you fear your woman will leave you; if you have money, you feel threatened when a man with more money approaches your woman. And when your woman earns more, you fear the relationship is doomed!

A very sad way to live.

1 Like

Re: Guys,i Need Your Advice On My Girlfriend,what Should I Really Do Pls by Anny69: 12:00pm On Sep 10, 2023
yrhuhfy113:
You knew you were not financially capable before you wasted her time.... YOU SLEPT WITH HER O,

now you are done using her and your eyes is clear.... YOU WANT TO QUIETLY LET HER GO.... so she will now become one of your FRIENDS WITH BENEFITS...

HUMAN NATURE is wicked.

THERE IS NO WAY YOU CAN DEFEND THIS.......... NO EVIDENCE.... you can not say, YOU JUST SUDDENLY REALIZED THAT YOU WERE NOT FINANCIALLY STRONG.

You can't eat your cake and have it

if you hurt her, things may go worse for you..... SHE WILL START DATING GUYS FOR MONEY AND CURSE YOU FROM HER HEART....

YOU CAN DECEIVE OTHERS but the truth is glaring.... YOU CHOP AM... you clean mouth.... NOW YOU ARE SAYING SOMETHING ELSE.
😂😂 You're so smart.

1 Like

Re: Guys,i Need Your Advice On My Girlfriend,what Should I Really Do Pls by ednut1(m): 12:23pm On Sep 10, 2023
After you don nack??🙄
Re: Guys,i Need Your Advice On My Girlfriend,what Should I Really Do Pls by Usmanovic95(m): 12:41pm On Sep 10, 2023
Fahvvy:

Hahhahahahah grin...
OP!!!!! You just want to put yourself under unnecessary pressure grin...

Please where exactly is it written that a man must do all the above for his girlfriend? Cause I must have missed the memo undecided...

I get the whole idea of wanting to do nice things for your babe and all, but OP if e no dey, e no dey, no go kill yourself for woman wey fit leave you even if you give am heaven and earth undecided...

And look at it this way, if she is already giving you attitude (aka disrespecting you) because of some fairy tale expectations, shouldn't that be a pointer of what could happen in future? undecided...

Do you really want to be with someone who respects you only on the basis of what you can give? Is that the kind of person you want to build your life with? undecided...

And besides, does she buy you stuff? undecided...
Take you out on dates? undecided...

I'm guessing the answer is NO! And guess what?! She prolly isn't even bothered about doing all these things, so why bother yourself? undecided...

Or you think because you don't have much now, it means she's doing you a favor by dating you? Lmao grin...

OP...
As long as you're nice to her and giving her your best, that's all that matters, if she wants to go, LET HER GO!! undecided...

You are from the solomonic lineage I guess? You too wise shocked
Re: Guys,i Need Your Advice On My Girlfriend,what Should I Really Do Pls by Blitzking: 1:46pm On Sep 10, 2023
brabie:
I've been dating my girlfriend for a couple of months now and everything is going fine she is a nice person, kind and cool.
But for me am not yet financially strong enough to do what a bf is suppose to be doing, she's not complaining but I can see it in some of her attitudes towards me, I was thinking of telling her I want us to cut it off, more like taking a break off all this love stuffs so I can really work on myself and start doing what am supposed to be doing as her bf.

I want to tell her that "I still love her and want her but I can't be with her like this anymore because it hurts me so much, that am not able to do stuffs for her, I know eventually she might start to see other guys, I don't want it to get to that so pls guys help me out

You should have thought about this before dating her.
Re: Guys,i Need Your Advice On My Girlfriend,what Should I Really Do Pls by talented321: 2:15pm On Sep 10, 2023
Brabie ...
Open up to her if u are too insecured but don't talk about breakup, if she want to stay she will and if she don't want to stay she will leave, it is choice...
You can also convince her to plan with u but nigerian girl can't be trusted...
My God bless hustle' my man....
Re: Guys,i Need Your Advice On My Girlfriend,what Should I Really Do Pls by Mcslize: 2:17pm On Sep 10, 2023
Na wa o. People. You better focus on your financial status now and forget love and woman for now. So, you think it is your responsibility to take care of another grown up adult who is just a mere friend who is a female?

We've done all these rubbish you people do all in the name of love. My own is that I learned my lessons very early when I was still in my 20th. Not now that I have become a full grown man. I look back and I shake my head and say to myself; what was I even thinking then?

Don't let a woman wreck you! Better focus on your life for now.
Re: Guys,i Need Your Advice On My Girlfriend,what Should I Really Do Pls by Karleb(m): 3:09pm On Sep 10, 2023
brabie:

You no get sense.

You are not her papa. Let her determine if you are not financially fit for her.

Worse is, she might end up with someone worse than you if you leave her.
Re: Guys,i Need Your Advice On My Girlfriend,what Should I Really Do Pls by UcheKingsley1: 4:28pm On Sep 10, 2023
brabie:

Focus on your life, leave woman alone, fvk hookups occasionally if you have some small money with you.
Re: Guys,i Need Your Advice On My Girlfriend,what Should I Really Do Pls by AllBlack: 9:48pm On Sep 10, 2023
brabie:
I want to tell her that "I still love her and want her but I can't be with her like this anymore because it hurts me so much, that am not able to do stuffs for her

Your brain has come to SELF REALIZATION and is trying to save you from embarrassing situations but you are still thinking of love.
cutting her off will be the best thing you will do
it will pinch you but it is better than SEE FINISH.
Re: Guys,i Need Your Advice On My Girlfriend,what Should I Really Do Pls by benqo01(m): 11:02pm On Sep 10, 2023
BREAK UP WITH HER AND FOCUS ON YOUR LIFE MAN.........DONT GIVE YOURSELF UNNECESSARY PRESSURE

YOU RE TOO YOUNG FOR THAT
Re: Guys,i Need Your Advice On My Girlfriend,what Should I Really Do Pls by brabie: 12:47am On Sep 11, 2023
Karleb:

You no get sense.

You are not her papa. Let her determine if you are not financially fit for her.

Worse is, she might end up with someone worse than you if you leave her.
I didn't understand the "she might end up with someone worse than me" how?
Re: Guys,i Need Your Advice On My Girlfriend,what Should I Really Do Pls by brabie: 12:48am On Sep 11, 2023
talented321:
Brabie ...
Open up to her if u are too insecured but don't talk about breakup, if she want to stay she will and if she don't want to stay she will leave, it is choice...
You can also convince her to plan with u but nigerian girl can't be trusted...
My God bless hustle' my man....
I'll put it into consideration will think about it thanks alot
Re: Guys,i Need Your Advice On My Girlfriend,what Should I Really Do Pls by brabie: 12:54am On Sep 11, 2023
AllBlack:

Your brain has come to SELF REALIZATION and is trying to save you from embarrassing situations but you are still thinking of love.
cutting her off will be the best thing you will do
it will pinch you but it is better than SEE FINISH.
I'll let it flow let her decide for herself , am just thinking ahead of time so I don't hurt myself in the process too, I'll reason with her and if she still doesn't mind then we keep sailing
Re: Guys,i Need Your Advice On My Girlfriend,what Should I Really Do Pls by talented321: 11:07am On Sep 11, 2023
At this stage don't be afraid to lose her...
Tell her the truth and try convince her u have plans for her but it will take time...
I'd the same experience as this' my own with my kid and babe...
brabie:
I'll put it into consideration will think about it thanks alot
Re: Guys,i Need Your Advice On My Girlfriend,what Should I Really Do Pls by Karleb(m): 12:17pm On Sep 11, 2023
brabie:
I didn't understand the "she might end up with someone worse than me" how?

She might end up with a guy not as good as you.

Just imagine someone beating your woman in the future because you chicken out.

Your financial situation is temporary, so keep that girl.
Re: Guys,i Need Your Advice On My Girlfriend,what Should I Really Do Pls by brabie: 10:19am On Sep 12, 2023
Persephone1:

I'll work on myself more so I can drop better thanks man
Re: Guys,i Need Your Advice On My Girlfriend,what Should I Really Do Pls by Jhagz(m): 10:34am On Sep 12, 2023
Gadafii:
Konji don clear your eyes, your brain don settle and decode reality😂🤣

This life sef, prickkk go put man for wahala, he go run go hide inside shorts, leaving the man to sort himself

Wahala grin grin grin
Re: Guys,i Need Your Advice On My Girlfriend,what Should I Really Do Pls by MasterShifu010(m): 11:55am On Sep 12, 2023
I didn’t read your story , but I’ll advice you to break up with her 😏

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Men Who Are Happily Married To African American Women / So Complicated! / Step Mother Daughter Loves Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.