Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,354 members, 7,815,750 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:35 PM

Why Flowers Dont Work In Nigerian Relationships - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Flowers Dont Work In Nigerian Relationships (5826 Views)

Typical Beliefs In Nigerian Relationships I Dislike / Nigerian Relationships Like Prostitution / How Important Is Tribe In Nigerian Relationships? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Flowers Dont Work In Nigerian Relationships by Parisgoodman(m): 8:48pm On Oct 17, 2011
i learned something from the whites while i was away,back home i tried 2 apply it but its not working at all and that is giving flowers. my girl friend dont appreciate them even if d cost can buy heaven's ticket, she seems 2 prefer something tangible like wristwatch, shoe n so on. d last one i bought is being used like a mob by her young ones, can som1 tel me y?
Re: Why Flowers Dont Work In Nigerian Relationships by omega25red(m): 8:51pm On Oct 17, 2011
seems like you are experiencing culture shock. different cultures appreciate different things. Just like you adjusted to the whites when you were away adjust to the Nigerians now that you are back.
Re: Why Flowers Dont Work In Nigerian Relationships by Parisgoodman(m): 9:04pm On Oct 17, 2011
u call dis culture? dat makes african men not romantic ryt?
Re: Why Flowers Dont Work In Nigerian Relationships by werepeLeri: 9:28pm On Oct 17, 2011
your girlfriend is ras.
Re: Why Flowers Dont Work In Nigerian Relationships by slimyem: 11:29pm On Oct 17, 2011
i once heard a girl say if a guy brings her flowers,she'd beat him up with the flowers till he runs outta her house.
For Nigerians,its not just a white-man's culture they have refused to embrace.
Methinks it depends on each and everyone's mentality.i love flowers like crazy and will cherish them anytime anyday.God bless the next guy who brings a bouquet to my door.
Re: Why Flowers Dont Work In Nigerian Relationships by claremont(m): 11:31pm On Oct 17, 2011
Na flower 9ja lady go chop?! grin
Re: Why Flowers Dont Work In Nigerian Relationships by freecocoa(f): 11:42pm On Oct 17, 2011
Truthfully in naija,flowers are not really appreciated by most ladies,I guess its cos they are not used to such,its just like giving a fowl bone(wetin him go take am do?).
I grew up loving flowers cos my mum was a collector(she liked the fragrance a lot)give me daisies any day and I'll be all yours.
Re: Why Flowers Dont Work In Nigerian Relationships by Orikinla(m): 12:04am On Oct 18, 2011
But I think it is stupid to give a Nigerian girl flowers. Please, it is not our culture. It is not everything we can copy from the West. Be realistic. You can impress a Yoruba woman more by appreciating her Oriki than giving her flowers. In fact you can win the heart of a well bred and cultured Yoruba woman by reciting her Oriki than giving her a BlackBerry or other fancy gifts. Some Igbo babes love a gift of nice wax print and singing her praise in Igbo while stroking her eyebrows. I found out that "toasting" Nigerian women in their mother tongue is more effective than using English grammar. The Oriki has always worked with Yoruba women that husbands don't let me recite the Oriki of their wives, because it could seduce them.
Re: Why Flowers Dont Work In Nigerian Relationships by freecocoa(f): 12:20am On Oct 18, 2011
@ ORIKINLA,Bros please what is oriki?and those girls you plan on giving superprints are the ones in the village abi?
Re: Why Flowers Dont Work In Nigerian Relationships by slimyem: 12:40am On Oct 18, 2011
Orkinla is so cracking me up with his 'oriki and nice wax prints'.what kind/type of girls appreciate such in this age and time?
Think it through again Sire!
Re: Why Flowers Dont Work In Nigerian Relationships by slimyem: 12:42am On Oct 18, 2011
Orkinla is so cracking me up with his 'oriki and nice wax prints'.what kind/type of girls appreciate such in this age and time?
Think it through again Sire!
Re: Why Flowers Dont Work In Nigerian Relationships by Nobody: 1:34am On Oct 18, 2011
I laugh in greek grin grin grin
wich nigerian girl wan accept flower as a token of ur life.Omo if u start by buying her blackberry or very expensive clothes and shoes then omo u never start ooooo grin.Or worse u fit dash the babe a thick bundle of fifty thousand naira as a little appetizer and she go know say u dey serious grin grin grin.Na the way way i tell u be the correct way to woo a naija babe grin
Re: Why Flowers Dont Work In Nigerian Relationships by Lax75(m): 1:36am On Oct 18, 2011
Lefu-Swag!

The manz!

U forget to add brazilian weave to that list grin
Re: Why Flowers Dont Work In Nigerian Relationships by Nobody: 1:43am On Oct 18, 2011
Lax75:

Lefu-Swag!

The manz!

U forget to add brazilian weave to that list grin
thank u for remembering me on that one my broda grin.A typical naija babe will never forget to ask u money for brazilian weave abi na crazy Rihanna dem dey call am sef grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Flowers Dont Work In Nigerian Relationships by lagcity(m): 1:46am On Oct 18, 2011
Orikinla:

Some Igbo babes love a gift of nice wax print and singing her praise in Igbo while stroking her eyebrows.

lol at "stroking her eyebrow". cheesy cheesy

Mr poster, sorry for ya pain. I actually found this out when i was 14. Instead of buying suya, i bought flower. she faked a smile when i gave it to her but i knew she wanted to slap me badly.
Re: Why Flowers Dont Work In Nigerian Relationships by MissyB3(f): 9:48am On Oct 18, 2011
Werrin I wan take leaves do? Biko, give me nkwobi and big stout.  cheesy
Re: Why Flowers Dont Work In Nigerian Relationships by Nobody: 9:53am On Oct 18, 2011
Hi Missy*B
Re: Why Flowers Dont Work In Nigerian Relationships by lurkee(f): 9:54am On Oct 18, 2011
I personally love flowers. I am a sucker for them and I think it depends on the occasion. Giving only flowers is a bit weird though unless you are apologising for something. On Valentines, flowers + a love note is very romantic. In my opinion sha.
Re: Why Flowers Dont Work In Nigerian Relationships by Nobody: 10:00am On Oct 18, 2011
I've never bought flowers for my gal, so, wouldnt know what her reaction will be like if i buy one for her. I need to do that n i hope to share how she react here.
Re: Why Flowers Dont Work In Nigerian Relationships by MissyB3(f): 10:11am On Oct 18, 2011
DaShyGuy:

Hi Missy*B
Hello! smiley
Re: Why Flowers Dont Work In Nigerian Relationships by badmrkt(m): 10:13am On Oct 18, 2011
flower what?which 9ja go acept am?abeg if u no want loss ur head no try am,
Re: Why Flowers Dont Work In Nigerian Relationships by rotex2010: 10:23am On Oct 18, 2011
Too much importation of other people's culture is bad, that's what all these novels and movies have caused. Now, you have to kneel down to ask your woman to marry you sef. I know my father did not kneel down to ask my mother to be his wife!
Re: Why Flowers Dont Work In Nigerian Relationships by Nobody: 10:27am On Oct 18, 2011
freecocoa:

@ ORIKINLA,Bros please what is oriki?and those girls you plan on giving superprints are the ones in the village abi?
This is for Youuuu sweerie  smiley
Re: Why Flowers Dont Work In Nigerian Relationships by born2boink(m): 10:28am On Oct 18, 2011
FLOWERS in NIGERIA means MONEY,
Re: Why Flowers Dont Work In Nigerian Relationships by Nobody: 10:28am On Oct 18, 2011
WHY WAS MY PICTURE NOT UP-LOADED,  I just sent my baby an Orange and white Lily flower,
Re: Why Flowers Dont Work In Nigerian Relationships by Nobody: 10:34am On Oct 18, 2011
Nigeria Girls are Wild Girls, so they respond to money instead of flowers, abi na flower dem wan chop or use buy BB?
Re: Why Flowers Dont Work In Nigerian Relationships by ifykb(f): 10:37am On Oct 18, 2011
seems like you are experiencing culture shock. different cultures appreciate different things. Just like you adjusted to the whites when you were away adjust to the Nigerians now that you are back.

@ omega u are very right let him adjust sharp sharp
Re: Why Flowers Dont Work In Nigerian Relationships by Nobody: 10:46am On Oct 18, 2011
Only if flower is an upcoming blackberry model !

1 Like

Re: Why Flowers Dont Work In Nigerian Relationships by splitnaija(m): 11:08am On Oct 18, 2011
Flower no be money. Most Naija relationships are "money for hand, back for ground".
Re: Why Flowers Dont Work In Nigerian Relationships by somegirl1: 11:46am On Oct 18, 2011
some of us do appreciate flowers, especially when they aren't dirt cheap
Re: Why Flowers Dont Work In Nigerian Relationships by emofine(f): 11:52am On Oct 18, 2011
some-girl:

some of us do appreciate flowers, especially when they aren't dirt cheap

or carried from the graveyard sef
Re: Why Flowers Dont Work In Nigerian Relationships by somegirl1: 12:04pm On Oct 18, 2011
emofine:

or carried from the graveyard sef
grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Love And Infatuation? / Powerful Photos Of A Mother Who Gave Birth At The Entrance Of The Delivery Room. / Have You Ever Benefited Anything From Being Handsome/beautiful?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.