Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,495 members, 7,830,496 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:46 PM

This Is The Milk I Bought For #89,500 For My Children. - Food (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / This Is The Milk I Bought For #89,500 For My Children. (90823 Views)

See The Fish That I Bought For N800. (pic) / The Tomatoes, Onions & Pepper I Bought For ₦100 In Dutsinma, Katsina / See The 2 Chickens I Bought For N10,500 At Omida Market, Abeokuta Yesterday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is The Milk I Bought For #89,500 For My Children. by Kobojunkie: 8:16pm On Sep 14, 2023
1Sharon:
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S221413912030144X#:~:text=Africans%20believe%20that%20breastfeeding%20facilitates,a%20child%20with%20its%20power.
I am sorry wait... but what part of this document tells you that the average African mother weans their babies off breast milk earlier than mothers in the west who typically do that in 12 months or less? undecided
Re: This Is The Milk I Bought For #89,500 For My Children. by nairalanda1(m): 8:16pm On Sep 14, 2023
Kobojunkie:
OK. So, are you insinuating that all Nunu and unfried wara products are unfit for consumption? Let's be careful how we present what we say. What you are essentially doing here is creating the impression that these local foods are unsafe for consumption when it instead depends mostly on where they are made and those making them. undecided

Emphasis on 'might'.

Also, calm down, will you? This is a site. Not your life.
Re: This Is The Milk I Bought For #89,500 For My Children. by okoroemeka(m): 8:16pm On Sep 14, 2023
NoahHadNoArk:

Add a side chick to this drama and you sign a death warrant
side chick get levels,just cut your coat according to your size,there are still subsidized side chicks that are pocket friendly,I don't know about other places but in imo state there is no shortage of beautiful women that will suit your budget.
Re: This Is The Milk I Bought For #89,500 For My Children. by Inosky: 8:18pm On Sep 14, 2023
Nice2023:

After using it to bake...u will eat right.
If it is poison u must have eaten times two.

Whatever u think,is ur thoughts. U have not bought one how then do u think it is for industrial use?

Dano milk in bag is the same Dano milk in refill. I have bought them all in bags and in refill including Lactorich.

Finally,keep ur opinion to yourself and stop criticising what u can't afford.

I think you might be right with Dano milk (very poor taste), but not same with peak milk. Normally, fresh home used milk is different from industrial milk.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is The Milk I Bought For #89,500 For My Children. by FeelGoodAlways(m): 8:23pm On Sep 14, 2023
IconicR:
May God ease our affairs

Family men are trying oooo
Kudos to all responsible married men out there.

It's getting scarier to even reason an average man

All men should work hard sha.

Work harder and suddenly die untimely.
Re: This Is The Milk I Bought For #89,500 For My Children. by Risingsunn: 8:23pm On Sep 14, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Filled milk is not good for kids even though it was made and fortified for even kids?
guy, there is so much cholesterol in full cream, because the fat of the cow is in there. Cholesterol is not good for adults. But for kids, of course you will want them to look fresh and plumpy. Filled milk is processed and cholesterol removed and replaced with vegetable oil. Filled milk is not fattening but full cream is. Go and do your research and come back nwanne
Re: This Is The Milk I Bought For #89,500 For My Children. by Risingsunn: 8:24pm On Sep 14, 2023
grin grin grin
VeeVeeMyLuv:

Which immune? Have u gone to their general hospitals to see the wondrous works of diseases?

1 Like

Re: This Is The Milk I Bought For #89,500 For My Children. by Risingsunn: 8:26pm On Sep 14, 2023
PaulOtl:

But dull cream can also be good for those adults who don't have high cholesterol, right?
Sha, personally, I prefer full cream. I feel filled cream doesn't give one value for their money, since the protein in it might be low. Lol...i might be wrong, tho.
yes of course, if you don't have a problem of obesity. You are good to go. Personally I prefer full cream grin I take in moderation though.
Re: This Is The Milk I Bought For #89,500 For My Children. by Risingsunn: 8:28pm On Sep 14, 2023
Kobojunkie:
You folks go school at all? You compare Nunu packaged by Abokis to previously heat-processed and packaged powdered milk based on what? undecided

Seriously this misinformation is why Nigeria and Nigerians remain the way they are even to this day. Wake the fk up from wetin dem do una for head. undecided
mind the way you insult people on this platform you this spoilt brat. I guess you are a child and probably happy you made front page. Why do you have to insult people at the slightest instance? Your parents probably failed in bringing you up properly. I don't blame you, I blame your parents.
Re: This Is The Milk I Bought For #89,500 For My Children. by Risingsunn: 8:29pm On Sep 14, 2023
Inosky:

I think you might be right with Dano milk (very poor taste), but not same with peak milk. Normally, fresh home used milk is different from industrial milk.
yes na, the taste is different. The small small packages tastes better.
Re: This Is The Milk I Bought For #89,500 For My Children. by tefund(m): 8:30pm On Sep 14, 2023
Exodus15v11:
According to Google, that's $162.49 cad (N89,500) 😁. And it's not even real milk, or how is milk powder milk? Smh
This is half skimmed milk..not whole milk.
Re: This Is The Milk I Bought For #89,500 For My Children. by eepeepook: 8:30pm On Sep 14, 2023
Nna, Nairaland don tire me. Seun is a failed businessman who cannot run such a small venture. He honestly is a failure. This thread was meant to spread knowledge to inquisitive members. See what it degraded to; name calling, insults and tribalism left and right. I reported a few offenders. I know my effort will be utterly wasted.

It’s a good thing I carefully pick what to consume in this trash heap. Out of every hundred topics, I learn a new thing in just one. Kobojunkie, I honestly pity you if this is where you choose to waste your youth. May such misfortune not fall on my worst enemy.

4 Likes

Re: This Is The Milk I Bought For #89,500 For My Children. by tefund(m): 8:32pm On Sep 14, 2023
CJStarz:
If u went to school,you should have understood my comment. It was a question and not an assertion. U could have explained without resorting to typing gibberish. Even if I can't afford a satchet of cowbell milk as a 'poor man',does it mean I cannot comment on a 'big man's abi 'big woman's ' post? Stop mocking the poor,no matter what you think you are! When you the rich person dies,na d poor man go dig grave bury you.
See Mohbad.
Humility is life.
Epick response!!

1 Like

Re: This Is The Milk I Bought For #89,500 For My Children. by Inosky: 8:34pm On Sep 14, 2023
I'm sorry, but APC and Tinubu's miscreãnts don't believe your price though, they get it way cheaper for supporting APC and Tinubu.
Re: This Is The Milk I Bought For #89,500 For My Children. by Nice2023(m): 8:38pm On Sep 14, 2023
Dshocker:

But my man, this is industrial milk, not too good for direct consumption.

Say what u know. Industrial milk is gotten fresh and used for the production of cheese,butter and name it but to convince u more.

Buy a Dano refill milk and go to any shop that sells from the big bag and ask them to sell u a mudu from the big bag...then u will understand that what i am saying. They are the same both in smoothness,colour and taste.

Do u also know that we have milo in big bag.?

That a topic for another day.
Re: This Is The Milk I Bought For #89,500 For My Children. by Kobojunkie: 8:39pm On Sep 14, 2023
Risingsunn:
■ guy, there is so much cholesterol in full cream, because the fat of the cow is in there. Cholesterol is not good for adults. But for kids, of course you will want them to look fresh and plumpy. Filled milk is processed and cholesterol removed and replaced with vegetable oil. Filled milk is not fattening but full cream is. Go and do your research and come back nwanne
undecided
UK guidelines still recommend choosing reduced-fat milk, cheese and yoghurt. However, new research is highlighting that there may be more to dairy products than just their fat content. The combination of nutrients they contain could be doing more for our heart health than we previously thought.
The Australian Heart Foundation has published a new statement on dairy which encourages people to eat dairy foods like milk, cheese and yoghurt as healthy snacks.
It also concludes that although people with high cholesterol should use low fat dairy, there isn’t enough evidence to say whether other people should choose low fat or full-fat dairy. This guidance is only for milk, cheese and yoghurt – not butter or cream, which are still foods to only eat in small amounts.
The reason for the shift in focus is that although we know that saturated fat, which is the type of fat in dairy, can raise our levels of ‘bad’ cholesterol, this doesn’t appear to be the full picture when it comes to our heart and circulatory health.

Studies are suggesting that, despite their saturated fat content, dairy foods like milk, cheese and yoghurt have a neutral or even positive effect. They could also help reduce your risk of type 2 diabetes and blood pressure, which can both increase the chances of having a heart attack or stroke. Is full-fat milk good for you?
The above is from the British Heart Foundation. undecided
Re: This Is The Milk I Bought For #89,500 For My Children. by 1Sharon(f): 8:42pm On Sep 14, 2023
Kobojunkie:
I am sorry wait... but what part of this document tells you that the average African mother weans their babies off breast milk earlier than mothers in the west who typically do that in 12 months or less? undecided

If you don't exclusively breastfeed, your kid is not getting enough breestmilk

https://www.aliveandthrive.org/en/news/exclusive-breastfeeding-in-west-africa-series-focuses-on-the-realities-for-mothers-infants-and
Re: This Is The Milk I Bought For #89,500 For My Children. by Kobojunkie: 8:42pm On Sep 14, 2023
Risingsunn:
mind the way you insult people on this platform you this spoilt brat. I guess you are a child and probably happy you made front page. Why do you have to insult people at the slightest instance? Your parents probably failed in bringing you up properly. I don't blame you, I blame your parents.
Again, stop confidently spreading misinformation! undecided
Re: This Is The Milk I Bought For #89,500 For My Children. by slowice(m): 8:43pm On Sep 14, 2023
VeeVeeMyLuv:

Earning remained same while others expenses went to the roof, this is where the problem lies. They are not ready to review it upward. The purchasing power has been severely weakened. That's why people are just borrowing money anyhow. A huge chunk of salary is now strictly spent on feeding with little or no disposable income

That party is a torn in the flesh of Nigerians. A plague

Any review upwards will be cleared by attendant inflation. This is not about increment of salary it has gone way beyond that..... The economy is in shambles and everyone is feeling the pain
Re: This Is The Milk I Bought For #89,500 For My Children. by rezzy: 8:44pm On Sep 14, 2023
Nice2023:

After using it to bake...u will eat right.
If it is poison u must have eaten times two.

Whatever u think,is ur thoughts. U have not bought one how then do u think it is for industrial use?

Dano milk in bag is the same Dano milk in refill. I have bought them all in bags and in refill including Lactorich.

Finally,keep ur opinion to yourself and stop criticising what u can't afford.

Na wa o

Just mere question

Okay, we all now know that you are rich.

T for thank
Re: This Is The Milk I Bought For #89,500 For My Children. by Kruzxx: 8:46pm On Sep 14, 2023
IconicR:
I did not support any previous government
I only supported Asiwaju and condemned Jonathan and Buhari
I'm not wicked not to know the plight of Nigerians but it's rather too early to give scorecard on this new administration
Let's give Asiwaju time

Give him time to send $1=N10,000
Re: This Is The Milk I Bought For #89,500 For My Children. by Dshocker(m): 8:46pm On Sep 14, 2023
Nice2023:

Say what u know. Industrial milk is gotten fresh and used for the production of cheese,butter and name it but to convince u more.

Buy a Dano refill milk and go to any shop that sells from the big bag and ask them to sell u a mudu from the big bag...then u will understand that what i am saying. They are the same both in smoothness,colour and taste.

Do u also know that we have milo in big bag.?

That a topic for another day.

My man, so because they have same colour, taste and smoothness, makes it domestic use?

Margarine and butter looks and tastes almost the same.

Tell me how, and where in the world, a company will produce a product, such as milk in larger quantity, and sell it for domestic use.

Being a 25kg bag automatically makes it an industry milk.

Although it might be ok, for direct consumption, but i am 1000% certain, that this milk, was produced for industrial usage

1 Like

Re: This Is The Milk I Bought For #89,500 For My Children. by Kobojunkie: 8:48pm On Sep 14, 2023
1Sharon:
■ If you don't exclusively breastfeed, your kid is not getting enough breestmilk
https://www.aliveandthrive.org/en/news/exclusive-breastfeeding-in-west-africa-series-focuses-on-the-realities-for-mothers-infants-and
Exclusive breastfeeding? You do realize that exclusive breastfeeding isn't even practiced here in the West, again, since mothers feed their kids with formulae from the day they are born. undecided

At this point, you are shifting away from the original claim which is that mothers in Africa breastfeed their babies less than mothers in the West and so a reason why babies in Africa are malnourished.So? undecided
Re: This Is The Milk I Bought For #89,500 For My Children. by PureNigerDeltan(m): 8:51pm On Sep 14, 2023
Nice2023:
In 2015,this milk was sold for 28k or less than because then,we used to share it among our colleagues,and it's either I buy this one below,Lactorich or Dano.

Mathematically,it is cheaper for me and my house than buying refill at #2,200 which may only last me one day or at most two days.

So,yesterday the one I bought in early March this year got finished and I and my wife decided to buy another one that would at least last for another 5months or thereabout.

The price of this milk is now #89,500 Dano that is locally produced is #87,000.

I can see why the poor has been relegated in
Nigeria and their voices have been smashed and dimmed. Ask the man on the street about the economy,he would say,e go better as if has ever been better in this country.

If we don't put the right people in govt,the poor and the needy would continue to wallow in abject situations.

Naija my country.

The same poor are the problems of this country! Na them go still vote who go kill them put. I no dey pity them again. Make dem die

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is The Milk I Bought For #89,500 For My Children. by NEROSKY(m): 8:52pm On Sep 14, 2023
IconicR:
I did not support any previous government
I only supported Asiwaju and condemned Jonathan and Buhari
I'm not wicked not to know the plight of Nigerians but it's rather too early to give scorecard on this new administration
Let's give Asiwaju time
You're reasonably useless, even Buhari took time to start inflicting hardship to the people, but the person you're supporting started from day one and you think it's will get better? Your mumu never do?
Re: This Is The Milk I Bought For #89,500 For My Children. by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 8:55pm On Sep 14, 2023
slowice:

Any review upwards will be cleared by attendant inflation. This is not about increment of salary it has gone way beyond that..... The economy is in shambles and everyone is feeling the pain
This argument is very dangerous

Okay so tell me how the 1970 fantastic monthly salary of N700 that could buy in a year tear rubber brand new car in 5months went up to monthly salary of N1,000,000 now in 2023.

Is it not the same upward successive review/increments done severely over the years that you are running away from?

The economy is not in shambles! It is a lie these crooks in power want you to believe so that they can continue Looting the commonwealth with reckless abandon.

Even If it is in shambles, who caused it? They wilfully caused it by imposing deleterious policies on the hapless masses thereby plunging the economy into the abyss.
Re: This Is The Milk I Bought For #89,500 For My Children. by DrTee1(m): 8:57pm On Sep 14, 2023
VeeVeeMyLuv:

The price quadrupled between 2015 - to date because APC GOVT Failed to effectively manage the Forex rate devaluing the naira from N180 in 2015 to close N1000 to a a dollar in 2023 that is making naira to lose 82% of its value! shocked shocked

Note if a currency loses 100% of its value that currency becomes utterly useless!

Okay now after devaluation these wicked souls still kept salary and wages at the same level it was back in 2015! shocked shocked shocked

That's why now many many Nigerians are so severely depressed, wretched, miserable, hopeless all thanks to this evil gang of so-called ruling party.

Let us have a conversation:

Tell me, how does/can the government manage the exchange rate in a democracy? The exchange rate works according to demand and supply. For as long as there is more naira available to buy the dollar, the value of the dollar would continue to rise against the naira.

Nobody can hold that. The international market price of a bag of rice has not changed as much. What has affected the price in Nigerian Naira is the value of the Naira. If the Naira becomes strong enough to hold its place against the dollar e.g 200 naira, the price of rice would naturally also fall.

The value of the naira would further fall if the government raises minimum wage as there would be more Naira to chase the dollar. The way out is to make available goods and services to every Nigerian in Nigeria as produced by majorly Nigerians inside Nigeria. It makes money flow within the Nigerian ecosystem while adding value to it on the value chain.

The current system sees money flowing out of Nigeria to the international market and developed countries to add value there while we receive inferior quality finished luxuries like artificial hair for women, razor blades, toothpicks and dental floss and refined petrol. I hear PZ even imports Palm Oil for its manufacturing at Agbara! We import bitumen to make our roads. Our net importation is the problem.

No Government can hold the currency down when we import almost everything and export unprocessed (crude) oil.
Re: This Is The Milk I Bought For #89,500 For My Children. by Gucciswaz: 9:06pm On Sep 14, 2023
grin
Solsix:
Pls how many una dey that I packet of refill will last for a day or two??
grin grin some one is really thinking outside the box

1 Like

Re: This Is The Milk I Bought For #89,500 For My Children. by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 9:07pm On Sep 14, 2023
DrTee1:

Let us have a conversation:

Tell me, how does/can the government manage the exchange rate in a democracy? The exchange rate works according to demand and supply. For as long as there is more naira available to buy the dollar, the value of the dollar would continue to rise against the naira.

Nobody can hold that. The international market price of a bag of rice has not changed as much. What has affected the price in Nigerian Naira is the value of the Naira. If the Naira becomes strong enough to hold its place against the dollar e.g 200 naira, the price of rice would naturally also fall.

The value of the naira would further fall if the government raises minimum wage as there would be more Naira to chase the dollar. The way out is to make available goods and services to every Nigerian in Nigeria as produced by majorly Nigerians inside Nigeria. It makes money flow within the Nigerian ecosystem while adding value to it on the value chain.

The current system sees money flowing out of Nigeria to the international market and developed countries to add value there while we receive inferior quality finished luxuries like artificial hair for women, razor blades, toothpicks and dental floss and refined petrol. I hear PZ even imports Palm Oil for its manufacturing at Agbara! We import bitumen to make our roads. Our net importation is the problem.

No Government can hold the currency down when we import almost everything and export unprocessed (crude) oil.

Nigeria is not the only country that imports, some countries even imports their food and drinks because of the barren desert terrain in those countries. And they are doing fairly well

The Fx supply is not properly managed. This man in the process of trying to unify it further compounded the situation, worsening it further than its true value. So now it is even undervalued.
Re: This Is The Milk I Bought For #89,500 For My Children. by Sleekfingers: 9:08pm On Sep 14, 2023
Nice2023:

U that is an adult is still suffering.

Sorry.

Hungry woman.

U pity my wife,as how now...I hold my wife at high esteem and she is not a liability like u. I pamper her like a baby because she is who I married and i can do anything for her.

U should pity ur husband for not being able to take care of u only to come up with nonsense spirit of envy.

Bullshit!

😀😆😅😂🤣🤣🤣🤣

Spirit of envy, because you bought bags of milk?

1 Like

Re: This Is The Milk I Bought For #89,500 For My Children. by wunmi590(m): 9:09pm On Sep 14, 2023
XAUBulls:

Whoa! Cost-cutting strategies.
You're wise.

cool cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (21) (Reply)

You Can't Eat This Food For One Week And Your Life Will Remain The Same (PHOTOS) / The Big Fish We Caught During Our Lockdown Expedition. / You Visit Your Zambian Crush And She Offers You This (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.