Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,200 members, 7,818,667 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:23 PM

See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? (33779 Views)

My Testimony After My Boss Sacked Me / Did I Do Wrong With My Attitude ? / Good Morning, Did You Catch Afolabi Imoukhuede's Facebook LIVE Chat Last Night? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by folake4u(f): 8:09pm On Sep 15, 2023
OP, YOU HAD JUST ONE JOB TO DO!!!!!

Security business is a serious business.

This reminds me of those Happy Boys that were lackadaisical at their duty posts and unfortunate Nigerians pitied them and gave them foreign scholarships.

I'm very happy that the previous commenters are not justifying the Op's attitude. Thankfully, Nigeria will be great again if we condemn wrong actions.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by Standstrong: 8:12pm On Sep 15, 2023
gaddafe:

I'm not sure you understood the job description before picking it up. How can you say you are doing your job diligently and the same time leave your duty post. It doesn't make sense. You were not trained before getting the job. I once worked as a security man to a popular bishop in Edo State. The man really liked me because of how I took the job seriously. The day I left the job, the second day I drove to the premises in my father's clean car and they were shocked I was from a decent family. They probably thought I was hungry. Learn from this experience. You were wrong 100%. If I were your oga I will not pay the 3 weeks because I will claim you had probably been leaving your duty post for other side hustle.

Ha. You would not pay for the 3 weeks? Please he has to pay. I worked for it.
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by absoluteSuccess: 8:17pm On Sep 15, 2023
The answer you seek is "what is your own with their fight?".

What if he actually employs you out of the nightmare he had about this same enemy?

He might just have come home from premonitions that the same enemy could have hoodwink his security guard and then tries to drop some stuff into the compound when the security man is busy.

That aside, someone loyal to him in the neighborhood might have called his attention to what's going on. Hence you are bursted.

10 Likes

Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by SUPERPACK: 8:21pm On Sep 15, 2023
Standstrong:

Ha. You would not pay for the 3 weeks? Please he has to pay. I worked for it.
I support you on this. He should pay for the work done so far, even if it is 2 weeks...
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by Standstrong: 8:37pm On Sep 15, 2023
SUPERPACK:
I support you on this. He should pay for the work done so far, even if it is 2 weeks...

More than 2 weeks sir. 3 weeks.
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by brain54(m): 9:20pm On Sep 15, 2023
Only you 2 jobs…

You Dey for one… eye Dey outside.

You wan pick up all the money.

You be Hilux? grin

Sorry dude…your boss should have given you a stern warning!

1 Like

Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by WantsandMore: 9:24pm On Sep 15, 2023
Standstrong:
I picked up the gate man job ending of last month out of no other better options at the moment and seeing what economic hardship was making me pass through, especially waking up with no hope of where food is going to come from, make i no go steal, God abeg.

I have been doing the job well. Yesterday, while strolling around the area, I heard one man saying he is looking for someone to cut grasses in his compound. Being something I can do to collect the money to help myself as i was hungry and peniless, I met the man and told him i can do the work and we agreed on N15k.

So as my oga went to work, i rushed down to do the work. While I was on it, i dont know what brought my oga back to the house and he didnt see me at the post.

He called me and asked me where i am. I rushed down to the house. I told him i got a small contract of 15k to cut grass for someone in the neighbourhood.

The man got so angry on why I left his duty post to go do another job. Worse was that the person i did the job for was more like his enemy, as i later learnt they've not been in good terms.

He sacked me instantly. I begged this man as a human being to please forgive but he refused to consider me again. He even said, "go before you go and collect poison from my enemy to come and kill me".

Please what is my business with whatever fight the two of them are fighting?

That was how I lost the small job i just got 3 weeks ago and now back with nothing. He should have paid me for the 3 weeks right away but he didnt, rather he said i will find a way to pay you for the services so far.

Please, the country is already very hard and all I needed was something that could give me immediate money to survive on first.

Sad how struggling citizens are being badly treated everyday even while legitimately hustling for survival. How he will pay me for the 3 weeks, he didn't say it.

It's painful but it is not the end of the world.

I will make it too. Amen.

It shall never be well with hunger, agent of poverty.
stand strong bro buh as a sharp guy you for inform your oga about your doings before anything and even if he declined just sub contract the job to an aboki and get a cut, half bread doings. Hard luck sha. Sha go finish the job hold that 15k fess

1 Like

Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by Standstrong: 9:30pm On Sep 15, 2023
brain54:
Only you 2 jobs…

You Dey for one… eye Dey outside.

You wan pick up all the money.

You be Hilux? grin

Sorry dude…your boss should have given you a stern warning!

The way the country dey now eh. Anything that can bring money to a man is something not to let go.
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by brain54(m): 9:33pm On Sep 15, 2023
Standstrong:

The way the country dey now eh. Anything that can bring money to a man is something not to let go.
That’s right…

Just pulling your legs.

But you should have done the other job during your off duty time though!

4 Likes

Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by adebayour26: 9:46pm On Sep 15, 2023
illicit:
Gateman na security

He can't trust u, you left his property unsecured because of 15k

He wasn't wrong
This person has said it all. Let's leave the issue they have going between them aside but for him not to meet you at your duty post is an offence. Only if you know how these elites reason.

You now even made a mistake of the truth you told him. You could have simply told him something else.

4 Likes

Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by adebayour26: 9:46pm On Sep 15, 2023
brain54:

That’s right…

Just pulling your legs.

But you should have done the other job during your off duty time though!
Another reasonable point.

1 Like

Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by Bimpe29: 10:29pm On Sep 15, 2023
Technically you were the architect of your retrenchment.

How would a gateman abandon his duty post and get his duty done?
That's dereliction of duty and as such is a gross misconduct which attracts serious punishment.

We must endeavor to help ourselves to be happy, compliant and goal oriented at all times.

I trust you have learned your lesson as I hope you will be gainfully employed in no distant time.

1 Like

Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by Kaido: 11:50pm On Sep 15, 2023
Standstrong:

I know and I locked the gate from outside.
You should have told him that you went out to buy something or transfer 2k to your brother in school

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by Edaniels9(m): 12:15am On Sep 16, 2023
Op, life just threw you an opportunity. Maybe you should look at starting a landscaping business. It would cost you almost nothing… imagine getting 2 landscaping gigs a week at 15k. That’s 120k a month. I believe that’s above what you would have been paid at the gate keeping job. It’s a sad experience but it might be a blessing in disguise.

Like you said, you too go make am. Just hustle correct and apply wisdom and prayers.

Blessings my guy.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by pussyeater(m): 12:16am On Sep 16, 2023
Standstrong:
I picked up the gate man job ending of last month out of no other better options at the moment and seeing what economic hardship was making me pass through, especially waking up with no hope of where food is going to come from, make i no go steal, God abeg.

I have been doing the job well. Yesterday, while strolling around the area, I heard one man saying he is looking for someone to cut grasses in his compound. Being something I can do to collect the money to help myself as i was hungry and peniless, I met the man and told him i can do the work and we agreed on N15k.

So as my oga went to work, i rushed down to do the work. While I was on it, i dont know what brought my oga back to the house and he didnt see me at the post.

He called me and asked me where i am. I rushed down to the house. I told him i got a small contract of 15k to cut grass for someone in the neighbourhood.

The man got so angry on why I left his duty post to go do another job. Worse was that the person i did the job for was more like his enemy, as i later learnt they've not been in good terms.

He sacked me instantly. I begged this man as a human being to please forgive but he refused to consider me again. He even said, "go before you go and collect poison from my enemy to come and kill me".

That was how I lost the small job i just got 3 weeks ago and now back with nothing. He should have paid me for the 3 weeks right away but he didnt, rather he said i will find a way to pay you for the services so far.

Please, the country is already very hard and all I needed was something that could give me immediate money to survive on first.

Sad how struggling citizens are being badly treated everyday even while legitimately hustling for survival. How he will pay me for the 3 weeks, he didn't say it.

In America, it's called Abandonment of post, you silly piece of shit. He should have arrested you after firing you and prosecute you and then make you put it on your resume (CV) that you were fired so that someone else won't hire you!

1 Like

Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by PeterTersugh(m): 1:55am On Sep 16, 2023
★★★★★
Anyone who needs professional assistance with academic writing and project work can contact me via:
Email: tersughpeter@ gmail. com
Tel/WhatsApp: 0813 7393 488
I will be highly pleased to be of assistance at affordable rates. smiley
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by Karleb(m): 2:17am On Sep 16, 2023
Next time, lie. Or better still, do your gigs at a time outside your work hour.

3 Likes

Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by CJStarz: 3:36am On Sep 16, 2023
Why ona just dey forge stories upandan here? Reading the post,I know say na one big boy write am, just to catch cruise because if na poor man wey write am, u go feel his pain in every line of the story.
Abeg, make una allow the poor breeeeth'

1 Like

Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by Standstrong: 4:00am On Sep 16, 2023
pussyeater:

In America, it's called Abandonment of post, you silly piece of shit. He should have arrested you after firing you and prosecute you and then make you put it on your resume (CV) that you were fired so that someone else won't hire you!

Lol. America indeed
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by Standstrong: 4:04am On Sep 16, 2023
Kaido:

You should have told him that you went out to buy something or transfer 2k to your brother in school

The mistake I made but then, I already looked like who involved in hard labor somewhere.by appearance.
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by Standstrong: 7:56am On Sep 16, 2023
folake4u:

OP, YOU HAD JUST ONE JOB TO DO!!!!!

Security business is a serious business.

This reminds me of those Happy Boys that were lackadaisical at their duty posts and unfortunate Nigerians pitied them and gave them foreign scholarships.

I'm very happy that the previous commenters are not justifying the Op's attitude. Thankfully, Nigeria will be great again if we condemn wrong actions.

Na money man dey find. Had nothing on me and needed what could put something in my stomach for immediate survival. It's painful to me.
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by Harry00(m): 8:12am On Sep 16, 2023
Be street wise
You shouldn't have tell him

3 Likes

Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by darealez(m): 9:41am On Sep 16, 2023
Standstrong:

You're wrong and deserved to be sacked, but a smart boss would've retained you. He was being too emotional rather than rational.

That you told him an honest truth is a very rare quality. All you need is guidance for better performance. You flawed like we all do... kindly keep your integrity flying.

3 Likes

Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by astonished: 10:18am On Sep 16, 2023
OP, what as happened has happened, I don't want to put petrol to the fire you are receiving through the comments above.

Solutions:
Go and meet the person that gave you grass to cut, asked for his phone number and tell him you are available anytime he need such services.

Also tell him what happened to you after you collected grass cutting job for him,

Tell him how your formal boss sack you because he's not in good term with him and see it as danger if he continued working with him.

Asked the man if he can help you with any job, tell him you can do any job

3 Likes

Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by PastorFire: 10:52am On Sep 16, 2023
Your need to make a quick 15k is completely justifiable. It may even be a test from your oga and his so called enemy. And your oga' s reaction is also completely justifiable as well.

This is life for you. It happens, dust off & move on!
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by MissSlimbody(f): 12:43pm On Sep 16, 2023
Standstrong:

Mr. Full Wisdom, I sight you.

Just be humble and admit you were wrong.

The economy is already tough without adding joblessness to it. I pray you get your job back or something better. Just don't make the same mistake.

... best of luck.

2 Likes

Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by adioolayi(m): 12:06pm On Sep 18, 2023
Standstrong:

You should have gone for this job during your off days.

That's a side job..you can't be using your regular job time to do side job.

It's wrong.
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by donMIG(m): 12:07pm On Sep 18, 2023
No experience
Baba...u can't lv that duty post
U for lie sef say na food u rush go buy
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by BennyDGreat: 12:07pm On Sep 18, 2023
gaddafe:

I'm not sure you understood the job description before picking it up. How can you say you are doing your job diligently and the same time leave your duty post. It doesn't make sense. You were not trained before getting the job. I once worked as a security man to a popular bishop in Edo State. The man really liked me because of how I took the job seriously. The day I left the job, the second day I drove to the premises in my father's clean car and they were shocked I was from a decent family. They probably thought I was hungry. Learn from this experience. You were wrong 100%. If I were your oga I will not pay the 3 weeks because I will claim you had probably been leaving your duty post for other side hustle.

Why did you take the security job at the time?
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by Bnno: 12:08pm On Sep 18, 2023
Typical Nigerians. Small work u can't do. Na this type wey robbers dey pay to tell them when oga go dey house

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by Roboto11: 12:09pm On Sep 18, 2023
The thing wey me I wan know be whether dem sew you uniform?

grin
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by almarthins(m): 12:09pm On Sep 18, 2023
illicit:
Gateman na security

He can't trust u, you left his property unsecured because of 15k

He wasn't wrong

Gate man no be security. Make no mistake about it.

Let us define who security man is, and see where this gate man fit in.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

6 Brutally Honest Answers To Common Job Interview Questions / Free Flights To New Zealand Are Offered To Job Jeekers With IT Skills. / Please I Need Your Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.