Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:01 AM

See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? (33758 Views)

My Testimony After My Boss Sacked Me / Did I Do Wrong With My Attitude ? / Good Morning, Did You Catch Afolabi Imoukhuede's Facebook LIVE Chat Last Night? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by chronique(m): 12:39pm On Sep 18, 2023
You are totally wrong. If you need cash to sustain, discuss with your employer about giving you some advance of your salary pending when it gets to month end. That's what I do with my gateman. On no account should you go and pick up another job from a neighbor to augment your salary. If you think what you are paid is small, quit and look for another job.
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by touchplay(m): 12:41pm On Sep 18, 2023
when your oga came back and asked where you went to …..that was were a necessary “lie” should come in.
why didnt you say something like : ‘oga i saw 2 criminal looking guys, they passed the street/estate , so you followed to chase them not long’
oga go give you 1k sef for job well done 🙄
you dull me bro.

1 Like

Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by Houseontherock1: 12:41pm On Sep 18, 2023
You should have told him you went to buy something down the street because what you did is negligence! You left his gate unmanned because of money...I'll sack you if I'm in his shoes but I'll pay you for the three weeks! Next time, you should do your side hustle outside work hours
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by Majesty7: 12:42pm On Sep 18, 2023
Standstrong:
I picked up the gate man job ending of last month out of no other better options at the moment and seeing what economic hardship was making me pass through, especially waking up with no hope of where food is going to come from, make i no go steal, God abeg.

I have been doing the job well. Yesterday, while strolling around the area, I heard one man saying he is looking for someone to cut grasses in his compound. Being something I can do to collect the money to help myself as i was hungry and peniless, I met the man and told him i can do the work and we agreed on N15k.

So as my oga went to work, i rushed down to do the work. While I was on it, i dont know what brought my oga back to the house and he didnt see me at the post.

He called me and asked me where i am. I rushed down to the house. I told him i got a small contract of 15k to cut grass for someone in the neighbourhood.

The man got so angry on why I left his duty post to go do another job. Worse was that the person i did the job for was more like his enemy, as i later learnt they've not been in good terms.

He sacked me instantly. I begged this man as a human being to please forgive but he refused to consider me again. He even said, "go before you go and collect poison from my enemy to come and kill me".

Please what is my business with whatever fight the two of them are fighting?

That was how I lost the small job i just got 3 weeks ago and now back with nothing. He should have paid me for the 3 weeks right away but he didnt, rather he said i will find a way to pay you for the services so far.

Please, the country is already very hard and all I needed was something that could give me immediate money to survive on first.

Sad how struggling citizens are being badly treated everyday even while legitimately hustling for survival. How he will pay me for the 3 weeks, he didn't say it.

It's painful but it is not the end of the world.

I will make it too. Amen.

It shall never be well with hunger, agent of poverty.

If we tell you now that it was still the man that gave you the clearing job that informed your boss indirectly, you won't believe.

Man, this is a strong world. Focus on your 100% and trust no one.

Give your boss little time and then send him messages with a promise not to do such again. Next time, keep your head straight. Face your job and specifications squarely even if no one is watching. The world is evil, just be focus
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by ispreloaded(m): 12:43pm On Sep 18, 2023
It's the Lord doing.....u will find a better job... Trust in ur God ☺️
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by Coly2012(m): 12:43pm On Sep 18, 2023
Before we all go forget, rush go complete your urgent 15k work make them pay you before you go come dey ask of for food money for here.
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by Germi9: 12:45pm On Sep 18, 2023
You messed up by telling him the truth
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by SocialJustice: 12:46pm On Sep 18, 2023
Standstrong:

I know and I locked the gate from outside.
Na you sack yourself. Be a better employee next time.
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by emanobis(m): 12:48pm On Sep 18, 2023
Well, having gone through certain comments...yea, u took a very bad risk and bad decision considering your duty

Bt come to think of it, everyone is saying the man is right, he is right...has all of us been right in our life dealings?
If everything is all about being right or wrong, then what happens to Mercy, yea he was wrong, accepted bt certain things shld hv been considered plz.

If he has a job in less than 3wks, and still went to do small 15k job, has anyone bothered to ask how much he is being paid at the gate?

Warning him isn't a bad option, nt outright sack
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by SUPERPACK: 12:49pm On Sep 18, 2023
MisterBanny:

I guess u didn't read where he said the person he cleared the grasses for is his ogas enemy? The enemy could use the OP to fulfill his evil intentions of getting at the Oga
But he doesn't know who is enemy since he just resumed the duty. I will fault him if his oga warned him specifically about the other person.

1 Like

Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by SeriouslySense(m): 12:51pm On Sep 18, 2023
Maybe this is why he sacked him.

He could become a weakness, information can leak through him.

Security is a sensitive Job.

Bnno:
Typical Nigerians. Small work u can't do. Na this type wey robbers dey pay to tell them when oga go dey house
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by kherlly(m): 12:52pm On Sep 18, 2023
Standstrong:
I picked up the gate man job ending of last month out of no other better options at the moment and seeing what economic hardship was making me pass through, especially waking up with no hope of where food is going to come from, make i no go steal, God abeg.

I have been doing the job well. Yesterday, while strolling around the area, I heard one man saying he is looking for someone to cut grasses in his compound. Being something I can do to collect the money to help myself as i was hungry and peniless, I met the man and told him i can do the work and we agreed on N15k.

So as my oga went to work, i rushed down to do the work. While I was on it, i dont know what brought my oga back to the house and he didnt see me at the post.

He called me and asked me where i am. I rushed down to the house. I told him i got a small contract of 15k to cut grass for someone in the neighbourhood.

The man got so angry on why I left his duty post to go do another job. Worse was that the person i did the job for was more like his enemy, as i later learnt they've not been in good terms.

He sacked me instantly. I begged this man as a human being to please forgive but he refused to consider me again. He even said, "go before you go and collect poison from my enemy to come and kill me".

That was how I lost the small job i just got 3 weeks ago and now back with nothing. He should have paid me for the 3 weeks right away but he didnt, rather he said i will find a way to pay you for the services so far.

Please, the country is already very hard and all I needed was something that could give me immediate money to survive on first.

Sad how struggling citizens are being badly treated everyday even while legitimately hustling for survival. How he will pay me for the 3 weeks, he didn't say it.

Dem no dey talk true for this kind of thing... You for say you go find food to eat or something else. I see side pay of 10k recently which I did but lie to cover up.
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by ispreloaded(m): 12:52pm On Sep 18, 2023
Germi9:
You messed up by telling him the truth
angry

Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by SUPERPACK: 12:53pm On Sep 18, 2023
Gajagojo:
What do you think would happen if he was a soldier on guard duty at a military barrack or security guard at a bank or Aso Rock who left his post to go and do another paid job?
But you and I know that security people at those places you mentioned also leave their duty post but are not noticeable because they are more than one on duty at all time. I am not arguing about his absence, he shouldn't have left his duty post, I am only saying that he is new to the job and it will take time to adjust to sitting at a place Manning the gate all day long.
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by SeriouslySense(m): 12:53pm On Sep 18, 2023
If you had a security guard, would you be okay with him lying to you.

ispreloaded:
angry
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by ispreloaded(m): 12:56pm On Sep 18, 2023
emanobis:
Well, having gone through certain comments...yea, u took a very bad risk and bad decision considering your duty

Bt come to think of it, everyone is saying the man is right, he is right...has all of us been right in our life dealings?
If everything is all about being right or wrong, then what happens to Mercy, yea he was wrong, accepted bt certain things shld hv been considered plz.

If he has a job in less than 3wks, and still went to do small 15k job, has anyone bothered to ask how much he is being paid at the gate?

Warning him isn't a bad option, nt outright sack
the boss should pay the 3week salary dats about 10k....
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by SeriouslySense(m): 12:56pm On Sep 18, 2023
You people always break the rules, so would all of you be okay with your security guards lying to you. grin grin grin
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by ispreloaded(m): 12:57pm On Sep 18, 2023
SeriouslySense:
If you had a security guard, would you be okay with him lying to you.

don't mind dat guy Jara....
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by SeriouslySense(m): 12:59pm On Sep 18, 2023
We have serious problems, everyone is self centered, he reasoned the Job was the only thing he could do, so he was playing with other peoples security, just for his salary.

It is like we dont have a culture, we just do anything we want. grin grin

I pray he pays you your three weeks salary, it is the right thing to do.

ispreloaded:
don't mind dat guy Jara....
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by Germi9: 1:00pm On Sep 18, 2023

Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by Emeka71(m): 1:02pm On Sep 18, 2023
illicit:
Gateman na security

He can't trust u, you left his property unsecured because of 15k

He wasn't wrong
So right.

1 Like

Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by Opexzy: 1:03pm On Sep 18, 2023
GodWrites:
You lack wisdom. That's probably why you are in this situation in the first place. You left your job, and were using your working hours to work for another man. If you had wanted a side hustle, it should have been done outside your working hours. If you refuse to get wisdom, hunger will be your first teacher. You are 100% at fault.

This has nothing to do with wisdom, he took a risk and it blew back... Even the most intelligent people do take risks... You don't have to insult his intelligence, just say your mind and move on...

1 Like

Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by ispreloaded(m): 1:04pm On Sep 18, 2023
SeriouslySense:
We have serious problems, everyone is self centered, he reasoned the Job was the only thing he could do, so he was playing with other peoples security, just for his salary.

It is like we dont have a culture, we just do anything we want. grin grin

he said he lock the gate... Na billions Dy the house? The boss was too hash n heartless,he should have understand the nigga as man to man n even take courage from his true story....abi na lie lie gateman u prefer?
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by God2man2again(m): 1:04pm On Sep 18, 2023
Everyone deserves a second chance.

At least, he begged the man.

To err is human.

To forgive is divine.
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by illicit(m): 1:07pm On Sep 18, 2023
almarthins:

Gate man no be security. Make no mistake about it.

Let us define who security man is, and see where this gate man fit in.
He is in possession of the keys, is he not?
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by ispreloaded(m): 1:07pm On Sep 18, 2023
House wey shish nor even Dy grin
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by WillEndInPraise: 1:07pm On Sep 18, 2023
Standstrong:

If your story is for soliciting for help to have someone send you money, I'm sorry no one is that dumb to do so.
You're wrong to have left your post to go do another job. If the pay for your job is not enough, look elsewhere for another job. What if his house got robbed while you were away doing another job, the lost would be on who? Of course yes! Him. So, he did right. Don't look for job, look for skill. Skill will start giving you little money just immediately after a month. But no! You won't wanna do that. Change your orientation else, you go hungry.
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by Gajagojo: 1:08pm On Sep 18, 2023
SUPERPACK:
But you and I know that security people at those places you mentioned also leave their duty post but are not noticeable because they are more than one on duty at all time. I am not arguing about his absence, he shouldn't have left his duty post, I am only saying that he is new to the job and it will take time to adjust to sitting at a place Manning the gate all day long.
You and I have no commonality of knowledge
Your know is your know
My know is my know

Anybody is free to drive against traffic on a one way road as long as they are not caught
Once caught they must accept and deal with the consequences.
If a military man leaves guard duty in some places he will be shot
It is not compulsory to do a job requiring you to sit down in one place. That is why Igbo men are good at shopkeeping and Fulanis are good at herding cattle. Igbos are good at sitting in one place whether at shop or at home
While Fulani like to move
now he can set up his grasscutting franchise and move around as much as he likes

1 Like

Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by smasher1(m): 1:10pm On Sep 18, 2023
Standstrong:

That was a setup from the other man. You can only try that if you have worked in a place over 6 months and They have reasons to trust you. There's no trust as far as you are new. It's understandable.
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by SeriouslySense(m): 1:10pm On Sep 18, 2023
This is not about forgiveness, this is about security and its integrity, he will do something worse if he is allowed , to continue, either, he will start lying or he will leak sensitive information.

Some Nigerians, when they are queried like that, they may start resenting their employer (secret beefing), and seriously its not worth it and the drama of it.

God2man2again:
Everyone deserves a second chance.

At least, he begged the man.

To err is human.

To forgive is divine.
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by ValarDoharis: 1:10pm On Sep 18, 2023
Who did you vote for in 2015, 2019 and 2023?
Standstrong:

Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by Lekan239(m): 1:10pm On Sep 18, 2023
Standstrong:

this one is hard o. Leaving you duty post as a gate man/security guard. If he didn't act this way he acted, u won't know this is wrong. If he comot ous, u self go lock gate waka comot

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

6 Brutally Honest Answers To Common Job Interview Questions / Please I Need Your Advice / NASS Collapses 2 Peace Corps Groups

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.