Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,563 members, 7,816,373 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:21 AM

See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? (33767 Views)

My Testimony After My Boss Sacked Me / Did I Do Wrong With My Attitude ? / Good Morning, Did You Catch Afolabi Imoukhuede's Facebook LIVE Chat Last Night? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by IamtheTruth1(m): 12:10pm On Sep 18, 2023
Standstrong:
I picked up the gate man job ending of last month out of no other better options at the moment and seeing what economic hardship was making me pass through, especially waking up with no hope of where food is going to come from, make i no go steal, God abeg.

I have been doing the job well. Yesterday, while strolling around the area, I heard one man saying he is looking for someone to cut grasses in his compound. Being something I can do to collect the money to help myself as i was hungry and peniless, I met the man and told him i can do the work and we agreed on N15k.

So as my oga went to work, i rushed down to do the work. While I was on it, i dont know what brought my oga back to the house and he didnt see me at the post.

He called me and asked me where i am. I rushed down to the house. I told him i got a small contract of 15k to cut grass for someone in the neighbourhood.

The man got so angry on why I left his duty post to go do another job. Worse was that the person i did the job for was more like his enemy, as i later learnt they've not been in good terms.

He sacked me instantly. I begged this man as a human being to please forgive but he refused to consider me again. He even said, "go before you go and collect poison from my enemy to come and kill me".

Please what is my business with whatever fight the two of them are fighting?

That was how I lost the small job i just got 3 weeks ago and now back with nothing. He should have paid me for the 3 weeks right away but he didnt, rather he said i will find a way to pay you for the services so far.

Please, the country is already very hard and all I needed was something that could give me immediate money to survive on first.

Sad how struggling citizens are being badly treated everyday even while legitimately hustling for survival. How he will pay me for the 3 weeks, he didn't say it.

It's painful but it is not the end of the world.

I will make it too. Amen.

It shall never be well with hunger, agent of poverty.

When you are wrong, please admit you are wrong.

Don’t you know what is conflict of interest?

Someone employed you to secure his house and you left his premises to do another man’s work. If you think you were right, why you no tell me man before he left, that you got a clearing job na.

You will make it, trust me. But if you can’t tell yourself the truth along the line in life, how would you learn and grow?

Your English is too good oh. You do type like you are very educated. Why now settle for gatemen job?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by zelnababa(m): 12:12pm On Sep 18, 2023
Ur case na someone way purshue two rat, Las las him go loose

2 Likes

Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by ugofab11(m): 12:13pm On Sep 18, 2023
ng post=125809960]I picked up the gate man job ending of last month out of no other better options at the moment and seeing what economic hardship was making me pass through, especially waking up with no hope of where food is going to come from, make i no go steal, God abeg.

I have been doing the job well. Yesterday, w grasses in his compound. Being something I can do to collect the money to help myself as i was hungry and peniless, I met the man and told him i can do the work and we agreed on N15k.

So as my oga went to work, i rushed down to do the work. While I was on it, i dont know what brought my oga back to the house and he didnt see me at the post.

He called me and asked me where i am. I rushed down to the house. I told him i got a small contract of 15k to cut grass for someone in the neighbourhood.

The man got so angry on why I left his duty post to go do another job. Worse was that the person i did the job for was more like his enemy, as i later learnt they've not been in good terms.

He sacked me instantly. I begged this man as a human being to please forgive but he refused to consider me again. He even said, "go before you go and collect poison from my enemy to come and kill me".

That was how I lost the small job i just got 3 weeks ago and now back with nothing. He should have paid me for the 3 weeks right away but he didnt, rather he said i will find a way to pay you for the services so far.

Please, the country is already very hard and all I needed was something that could give me immediate money to survive on first.

Sad how struggling citizens are being badly treated everyday even while legitimately hustling for survival. How he will pay me for the 3 weeks, he didn't say it.

It shall never be well with hunger, agent of poverty.[/quote] Oga learn to be smart to lie when necessary,why will you leave where you are meant to secure for another job in the first place and still have the guts to tell him what you were doing?My brother if Na my type of person,before I reach house back,I don prepare hot like to defend myself.Let me give you example of lie"oga immediately you Comot I come dey purge seriously and I had to go and buy drug"(before then you don branch chemist buy flagyl )So tell me how him go sack you
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by phemmyfour: 12:13pm On Sep 18, 2023
Standstrong:
I picked up the gate man job ending of last month out of no other better options at the moment and seeing what economic hardship was making me pass through, especially waking up with no hope of where food is going to come from, make i no go steal, God abeg.

I have been doing the job well. Yesterday, while strolling around the area, I heard one man saying he is looking for someone to cut grasses in his compound. Being something I can do to collect the money to help myself as i was hungry and peniless, I met the man and told him i can do the work and we agreed on N15k.

You are not smart, you were not diplomatic about the answer you gave your boss.

You gave too much details, a man should learn to control his mouth. Your mouth sacked you not your boss

Next time, this is how you answer your boss in few words

Boss: You left your duty post. Where did you go?

You: I was in the neighbourhood to get additional tool for my work
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by BigIyanga: 12:14pm On Sep 18, 2023
Begging format loading lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by Kobicove(m): 12:15pm On Sep 18, 2023
Standstrong:

I know and I locked the gate from outside.

This is not a good excuse.

Any other job you want to do should have been done during your free time
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by 8stargeneral: 12:16pm On Sep 18, 2023
That's negligence

Security work is a very delicate work,he's not wrong sacking you,you tried to get another hustle but got it wrong,go and beg him to forgive you

1 Like

Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by Gajagojo: 12:16pm On Sep 18, 2023
SUPERPACK:
Sacking you for an offense you committed only once without warning to me is a bit harsh. If I were him I would issue a Stern warning then monitor you for compliance. He seem to sack you not because you left the gate but because you worked for a rival.

Even the next gateman he gets will still make same mistake as you, after all the pay for gatemen in Nigeria will not exceed 40k. Consider going back to beg him.
What do you think would happen if he was a soldier on guard duty at a military barrack or security guard at a bank or Aso Rock who left his post to go and do another paid job?

1 Like

Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by PepeXKermit: 12:17pm On Sep 18, 2023
its interesting how 95% percent of nairalanders are peasants and paupers and they will be arguing with you like they live in an upper echelon in Lekki. Lol. I swear, nobody is worth my time on this forum. useless pipu
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by cedricksly: 12:17pm On Sep 18, 2023
Standstrong:

he did well by sacking you... As his Gate a, you afw his chief security officer, and you left your only duty post of which you are paid for, it means he is not safe with you being the gate an of his property.. You deserved the sack..... Nobody will tolerate that nonsense Atitude..
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by wisdomkid: 12:18pm On Sep 18, 2023
illicit:

It's not the same thing.
He can lock the gate too and go to work.
The thing is that you were suppose to be there

Mehn, there are Nigerians who think from the logical side, and not the emotional side. Thanks for this input, and honestly, Humans can hardly be trusted, abi?

1 Like

Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by bentenny(m): 12:18pm On Sep 18, 2023
Totally wrong!
Its even worst knowing that you were working for his perceived enemy!
He may even think his enemy might tempt you with a humongous cash to do something sinister to him or him family members!
Next time focus on your job!
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by wisdomkid: 12:19pm On Sep 18, 2023
OP, I am sorry, but next time, please ask for permission first. Even if they appear angry, they'll know you're a honest person. He felt you're disloyal, and anyone who has ever had his/her trust broken, will find it difficult trusting another human.
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by gentleguy1975: 12:19pm On Sep 18, 2023
It's called abandonment of beat in security language,if you are in Lagos, you can get security work, but the only problem is guarantor,
There are many security companies in Lagos if you had gotten the job via security company,as you got stacked, your company would give you another location immediately,
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by linearity: 12:20pm On Sep 18, 2023
Standstrong:

Because they failed to understand my own point

If life throws you lemon, they say you should make lemonades from it…I will expatiated on this later…

But, first….Yes you were in the wrong and have no justification whatever, so don’t argue the point and he is right in firing you and even for refusing to pay you, from this gross negligence it is possible you were equally negligent for the previous three weeks and he can be justified for not paying you.

Definitely, the above is not why I commented, this is why…think of it, how much was he going to pay you monthly for being his gateman?…is it up to N60k?

The above is lemon, now this is the lemonade that you can make out of it….this experience has made you discover that you can make a kool N15k for a day’s or less than a day’s job, why not look into this? You can even become an employer of labor.

To become a millionaire you must be able to offer solutions to people’s problems and you have clearly seen that, there is a problem here and money can be made.

Go back to that guy, print some flyers, cards etc., and tell him to refer you to his friends and post the flyers in the neighborhood.

Even if you made N15k per day and only worked 20 days per month, that is a kool N130k each month and N1.56m each year, most graduates working in an office would be jealous of you.

You might ignorantly say, but being a laborer is beneath maybe because you are a graduate....that is where you are very wrong. I question the Education of a graduate who is doing a menia job e.g. laborer, teaching, driving, gateman, cleaner, etc who is unable to bring their education to bare on that job.

Think about it for a moment, Gateman use to be a profession for school dropouts, but Security Companies came in, re-packaged it and now graduates are doing it....Taxi Driver use to be a job looked than upon by many graduates, but many are feeding families using Uber, Taxify, etc which is all a repacked Taxi Driver.

Now come back to the Grass Cutter laborer looked down upon job....as a graduate, what if you can design an app where you can bring grass cutters and people who need their grasses cut together and take the commission? What if you can float a company that go from house to house cutting grasses and employing people to do the actual work? What if because of your education, you can visit the library and with zero agricultural knowledge get books to read on the types of grasses, flowers, etc that would survive better in your geography and even read on landscaping design and sell this service to home owners? The innovations that you can bring on this looked upon industry as a graduate are endless...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by ACE1010: 12:21pm On Sep 18, 2023
Bro it's foolishness on your part to have left your duty post for whatever reason. You should have contracted the clearing job to someone else for lesser fee.
I'm sure you have learnt your lesson
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by akpunda86: 12:21pm On Sep 18, 2023
TimT:
Lol... You can't be using your working hours to work for someone else...
Although your oga sacked you based on sentimental reasons, the fact is dat, you were doing your job "Diligently"....
If you were, you would have turned the grass cutting job offer down or you arrange a specific time when you are "Off duty"...
You saying "you don't know what brought your oga back home" isn't a point.. As long as you are on duty, you must be at the gate all working hours...
Sorry...
Lesson learnt..
Point taken...

Common among them here in my area in Enugu just this morning one sacked in salary of 35k with feeding,doing outside job after several ⚠️
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by Roboto11: 12:23pm On Sep 18, 2023
PepeXKermit:
its interesting how 95% percent of nairalanders are peasants and paupers and they will be arguing with you like they live in an upper echelon in Lekki. Lol. I swear, nobody is worth my time on this forum. useless pipu

You know them personally?
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by SonOfDSoil01: 12:24pm On Sep 18, 2023
Standstrong:

Mr. Full Wisdom, I sight you.
just accept and move on, the guy is right in sacking you. That’s why in developed world wages are paid by the hours worked, if you were being paid per hour, would you have tried that nonsense?
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by bentenny(m): 12:25pm On Sep 18, 2023
Edaniels9:
Op, life just threw you an opportunity. Maybe you should look at starting a landscaping business. It would cost you almost nothing… imagine getting 2 landscaping gigs a week at 15k. That’s 120k a month. I believe that’s above what you would have been paid at the gate keeping job. It’s a sad experience but it might be a blessing in disguise.

Like you said, you too go make am. Just hustle correct and apply wisdom and prayers.

Blessings my guy.
True!
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by Lance008(m): 12:25pm On Sep 18, 2023
Joke apart u Bleep up rich men are afraid to be honest a lot of evil everywhere
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by AllBlack: 12:26pm On Sep 18, 2023
Standstrong:

learn the lesson. Yes it is a sad situation but the man wasn't wrong.
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by MisterBanny(m): 12:26pm On Sep 18, 2023
Standstrong:

You're not serious with your life that is why your presently jobless. How could u leave your post to go and do another job? Who does that? Were u employed as a grasscuter ? Do u know what it means to be a Security? I guess u don't know, that was why u put ur employer's properties at risk of theft.
Worse is, u went to cut grass for his enemy. Who knows the man could send u as an assassin to kill your boss. I even think that man set u up for sack. He knew that if ur boss found out that u came to work for him, he would sack you, so he decided to put u in trouble.
I wish u good luck. At least you've learned your lesson in a hard way. Sorry
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by Mummyimbecile(m): 12:26pm On Sep 18, 2023
I don't support idiocy, so OP, I will tell you that you are wrong. You're even asking what brought your oga home... Ofcos, that is his house and he has every right to come back at any time.

You can go back and beg him days later when he is calm, and promise him you won't do such again.
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by ezekieloe(m): 12:26pm On Sep 18, 2023
Bros go into Horticulture business.

1 Like

Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by Cutehector(m): 12:27pm On Sep 18, 2023
You deserved it.
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by MisterBanny(m): 12:30pm On Sep 18, 2023
Standstrong:

Because they failed to understand my own point

Oga, shut up. What point do u have to prove here. Instead of u to be sober and remorseful, you're talking about nonsense Points. You're even lucky that u were not arrested. Your oga is such a nice man I swear. Imagine robbers had invaded that place when u weren't there.
If u don't change your approach to life, you'd remain in perpetual Poverty and hunger will finish you. God will help you
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by almarthins(m): 12:32pm On Sep 18, 2023
Standstrong:

I am not going to sit on a judgement seat just like every Nigerian knows how to do

Before you took the job did he tell what was expected of you?

Was a job a gate man or security officer?

I admire the fact that you told him what you went to do, you see why we have unrepentant liars in this country because our people had been configured by the society and the system to crucify the upright. Peradventure, you told him you went to find what to eat, not the real truth. May be everyone here will be applauding you as a hero.

Just imagine this people, and they want a good man to come and leader them. Na buhari plus 1 go rule them. You see why the woe will never end.

1 Like

Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by emmabest2000(m): 12:32pm On Sep 18, 2023
Standstrong:

See your mouth
You locked the gate from outside
You think your oga no sabi locked the gate from outside too ?

You're not smart enough

You should have find someone else to do the glass cutting work since it's a day work , after the work is done you settle the person from the 15k

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by MisterBanny(m): 12:33pm On Sep 18, 2023
PapaNnamdi:

You have no point,
You had only 1job, be at the gate and do the description,
Your first test and you failed, to crown it all up, you were doing another person's work

Ahh, it's bad, real bad,
Go finish clearing the grass use the 15k hold hand till u find something doing,

The OP isn't even remorseful. He is claiming to have some rights in this situation when he is totally wrong. Such mindset is what has kept him hostage and entangled In hunger and poverty
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by MisterBanny(m): 12:35pm On Sep 18, 2023
SUPERPACK:
Sacking you for an offense you committed only once without warning to me is a bit harsh. If I were him I would issue a Stern warning then monitor you for compliance. He seem to sack you not because you left the gate but because you worked for a rival.

Even the next gateman he gets will still make same mistake as you, after all the pay for gatemen in Nigeria will not exceed 40k. Consider going back to beg him.

I guess u didn't read where he said the person he cleared the grasses for is his ogas enemy? The enemy could use the OP to fulfill his evil intentions of getting at the Oga
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by MisterBanny(m): 12:37pm On Sep 18, 2023
adebayour26:

This person has said it all. Let's leave the issue they have going between them aside but for him not to meet you at your duty post is an offence. Only if you know how these elites reason.

You now even made a mistake of the truth you told him. You could have simply told him something else.

This would have helped. But I guess the OP didn't know they were enemies until after the job

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

6 Brutally Honest Answers To Common Job Interview Questions / NASS Collapses 2 Peace Corps Groups / Free Flights To New Zealand Are Offered To Job Jeekers With IT Skills.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.