Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,303 members, 7,819,026 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. (33900 Views)

I Will Never Allow Peace To Reign In My Family / "Never Allow Your Wife To Be More Successful Than You" - Man "Nigerians React" / Georgia Woman Makes Her 5-Year-Old Daughter Pay Rent (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. by TrainPark: 5:03am On Sep 17, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Stop blaming the women for adhering to what has been culturally passed down from your ancestors. The typical Nigerian man enters into marriage to serve as the sole winner and in exchange he gets the respect and submission of his Nigerian wife. The woman is basically expected to surrender her self-will and even her dreams to exist under the man and in exchange he takes over responsibility for all of her financial needs and that of the family that results from the union. That is what is Nigerian culture and tradition to this day. Ask the man next to you if you are not aware of this. So, stop blaming the women for staying on script. undecided

It is not Nigerian culture

2 Likes

Re: Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. by TrainPark: 5:04am On Sep 17, 2023
zoghys:

How many years have you been married?. Anyway it an advice, you can either take it or leave it. Ire oo

Don't mind him... na small pikin
Re: Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. by Kobojunkie: 5:04am On Sep 17, 2023
TrainPark:
β–  It is not Nigerian culture
Does your culture ensure you always have the money as the man to pay the bills, no matter the economic situation? grin

Better put culture where it belongs and carry commonsense for head instead. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. by TrainPark: 5:04am On Sep 17, 2023
TimT:

You that is married for long, and you don't trust and understand your wife, I don't think I want such marriage...
I'll be fine.. thanks

Continue talking

1 Like

Re: Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. by TrainPark: 5:05am On Sep 17, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Does your culture ensure you always have the money as the man to pay the bills, no matter the economic situation? grin

Ok
Re: Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. by TrainPark: 5:06am On Sep 17, 2023
Nursepepeye:
it's a serious crime to allow woman to pay Rent you hear me. 99% of women will insult that man before 6months. And it will lead to that marriage collapse.

Thank you, woman!!!
Re: Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. by descarado: 5:08am On Sep 17, 2023
From an unmarried male.

2 Likes

Re: Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. by TrainPark: 5:10am On Sep 17, 2023
lipsrsealed
Kobojunkie:
Your story deserves its own thread, it seems. undecided

Typically, if a man and woman dey share bills, they do so with an agreement they share other responsibilities as wellβ€” democracy. In a situation like that when one partner loses a job, that one takes on full home-making duties(including caring for kids) to take the stress from the one who has to bear paying bills until he/she is able to get back on the ground again. undecided

No woman EVER keeps to agreements...they NEVER DO.. their emotions controls them.

It depends on how how they feel at the moment.. it is their nature - it is not even a bad thing.

So don't count on your so called agreement with women because once hormones shake, feelings dance small... ALL AGREEMENTS GO OUT OF THE WINDOW.

she will show you Cameroon pepper!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. by Kobojunkie: 5:16am On Sep 17, 2023
TrainPark:
β–  No woman EVER keeps to agreements...they NEVER DO.. their emotions controls them.
Nonsense claim! So they remain in the marriage agreement with you but never keep to agreements? Their emotions control them yet they maintain the agreement that is marriage with you? E be like say you don allow your delusions run away with your mind there. undecided
Re: Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. by Brushstrokes20: 5:50am On Sep 17, 2023
The poster actually CUM in pieces πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
When a snake🐍 invades a home, it doesn't matter who kills it....
What matters is that the snake has been killed! πŸ‘ŒπŸ’―
Re: Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. by ExudeLoveToAll: 5:52am On Sep 17, 2023
Vinnie2000:

*Light Bills
*Security Bills
*GOTV or DStv bills
*Children clothes, etc
Can be paid by the Woman.😏

But you see HOUSE RENTS and SCHOOL FEES, they are EXCLUSIVELY for Men.πŸ˜’πŸ™‚

Just like MAINTENANCE OF OUR SECURITY FORCES is for FG
while State govts does things like payment of salaries, providing roads,etc. πŸ€”πŸ™‚

grin

Is it in 1999 constitution?

Make una rest.
Re: Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. by TimT: 5:53am On Sep 17, 2023
TrainPark:

Don't worry . E go clear well well
as e clear for you na...
Re: Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. by TimT: 5:54am On Sep 17, 2023
Boyooosa:

No mind am, him too just dey play
U see anywhere he write him reason

He go prefer make he go sleep under bridge with his family if he's broke instead of receiving support from his wife na
Weak men left and right... always shaming women upandan.. their life no dey better na... no mind am
Re: Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. by TimT: 5:55am On Sep 17, 2023
buzorcharles:

U will understand when u are married
Behind every successful man, there's a woman... better think well...
Re: Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. by TimT: 5:56am On Sep 17, 2023
chijokz:

Well said. I applaud your logical reasoning.
thanks
Re: Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. by TimT: 5:58am On Sep 17, 2023
foolbuster:

Oga your woman should not pay your rent. You can continue deceiving yourself all you want
Oga you don't know anything about life...
Marry first then you will understand that "a good woman is the backbone of a man in marriage"...
Re: Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. by ExudeLoveToAll: 6:10am On Sep 17, 2023
Kobojunkie:
How many men do that? Marriage has typically been an institution that strips the woman of her value and destiny in support of the man. Why do you think our ancestors resorted to feeding their daughters stories of how childbearing is their destiny and glory? grin

People that take opinions like this from Nairaland hook line and sinker are in for a rude shock...

This should be in the trash can

3 Likes

Re: Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. by ExudeLoveToAll: 6:13am On Sep 17, 2023
foolbuster:

Oga your woman should not pay your rent. You can continue deceiving yourself all you want

Don't impose your views on others, that he isn't having your line of thought or the line of thought of the majority doesn't make him wrong. Allow him breath.

1 Like

Re: Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. by NorthernersSuck: 6:13am On Sep 17, 2023
Mindlog:
Is it not part of bringing something to the table?

It is, but after that the whole wide wide world go hear it
Re: Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. by CaptainFM1: 6:14am On Sep 17, 2023
Times have changed sha. Men are increasingly unable to solely carry the financial burden of the family.

An average woman taken up financial responsibility of a man will in many cases sell her body.
Re: Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. by ExudeLoveToAll: 6:14am On Sep 17, 2023
abbey621:

Oga pray you never live abroad....All your macho nonsense go fall off once bills choke you. That woman wey you dey form for, all it takes is one divorce after years of simpology for you to notice your assets are split into half, you would still pay her alimony and her bank account is way fatter than yours.....E go do you like juju grin grin grin

You are right.
Re: Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. by ExudeLoveToAll: 6:17am On Sep 17, 2023
EmekaA125:
A man should shoulder the basic responsibility of his family viz shelter, food and clothing alone. My sincerest opinion!!!

Education is also basic too grin

Every expenses at home is basic grin

You don turn basic man grin
Re: Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. by kayperry: 6:26am On Sep 17, 2023
hardon1:

What is wrong if a woman assist her hubby to clear rent. Are they not together in the union.

People have issues with their partners and believe everything other person is like that.

My elder bro moved to his own apartment three months ago. He confessed to me that the roofing of the house which took over 2.5M came from his wife.
He didn't ask her to help, she did because she want the project to be completed in time

No be every woman dey give wahala over assistance

I think most are getting the message all wrong, nothing is bad with "assistance" the problem or should i say the challenge here is "post assistance" experience cos of the nature of women

No doubt a woman can assist you buh from that day as a man you've started losing whatever respect she has for you,

its easy for your elder bro to tell you his wife his an angel, blah blah he supported him and gave 2.5m buh what most men tend to keep confidential is the insult & humiliation they see from "my wife help me".

i borrowed money from my babe then just one time and gave her a payback date buh because we had a small misunderstanding i know the things my eye saw cheesy, immediately i had to collect quick loan and settle it and from that moment she was dating herself.

No be every woman dey give wahala over assistance but 90% of wives will furstrate & humiliate you "post assistance", only a complete shameless man can miss it

your elder bro might be luck but he not telling you everything smiley

3 Likes

Re: Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. by GoodRocks: 6:31am On Sep 17, 2023
Skyview01:
If i broke, no pay inugo.

We go homeless together when oga landlord chase all of us out! grin grin

Unfortunately she would go and meet her new found secret lover. Believe a woman at your own peril
Re: Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. by Gratefullheart: 6:34am On Sep 17, 2023
TimT:
Why? Is it not money she is using? Why degrading women?
Some men just carry empty head and call it brain...
Is it a crime let a married woman pay house rent?
Is it not thesame house they both stay?
So if something happens that the man cannot afford the rent, the woman will sit back and wait for what landlord will do, knowing full well that she has the money to pay?
Or if she is willing to pay, masculine pride shouldn't allow me to agree!!!
We so much hold high esteem of ourselves about marriages yet many are living in bondage...
You all are saying women shouldn't pay rent or feed the man, yet you all are saying "a woman who can't bring anything to the table isn't worth been married to"...
Confusion left and right...
No worry, just allow pride Nd ego allow landlord pack Ur bag throw ..
man have the sole responsibility to take care of it's family,bringing something to the table as a wife means paying for the children school fees when daddy cannot meet up,feeding herself and her children, meeting some other financial needs in the Family....but house rent and feeding for the Man himself should not be done by the Wife...Obirin...Sora fun Obirin
Re: Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. by okerekingsley90: 6:35am On Sep 17, 2023
HopeSpencer:
At a time when we just spent 4months out of 1 year rent, my wife asked me that we should move out because she fought with a co-tenant and said she didn't want to set eyes on the co-tenant again. I said I wasn't prepared for this as I needed time to gather money for next year rent. She offered to drop money from her savings. We got a new apartment. And she became my boss. Come and see humiliation. I wept on several occasions because I'm not a type of person that engages in physical fight. I don't even use abusive words. Whatever I say on nairaland is just catching cruise.

I looked for money and rented a room. I didn't move out my things like chairs, bed etc because my daughter needs them. I left forever.

She told relatives that I left our home and never looked back. Relatives reminded her that she told them she was the one paying all bills since the beginning and that she should thank God that the burden was removed. That's when I got to know about the lie that she was the one paying bills.

In my next life, I will prefer to be a gay.

This is very funny grin grin grin angry

Re: Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. by okerekingsley90: 6:37am On Sep 17, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Well, a woman married to herself is just that, married to herself. grin

Abeg you be man abi you be woman ?
Re: Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. by JOACHINpedro: 6:39am On Sep 17, 2023
ceeceeuwa:
Everyone will wake up with different nonsense post in the name of Redpills just to despise women. There is no blueprint for marriage. Do whatever can sustain your marriage!
Na woman be op
Re: Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. by okerekingsley90: 6:41am On Sep 17, 2023
Kobojunkie:
There is no such thing as a God-given wife. If you do not open your eyes and intentionally choose a worthy mate for yourself, you will end up no different from the millions out there living in unhappy marriages.

2. Keep dreaming. undecided

You make sense most of the time !!!!!
Re: Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. by wagzy37: 6:42am On Sep 17, 2023
HopeSpencer:
At a time when we just spent 4months out of 1 year rent, my wife asked me that we should move out because she fought with a co-tenant and said she didn't want to set eyes on the co-tenant again. I said I wasn't prepared for this as I needed time to gather money for next year rent. She offered to drop money from her savings. We got a new apartment. And she became my boss. Come and see humiliation. I wept on several occasions because I'm not a type of person that engages in physical fight. I don't even use abusive words. Whatever I say on nairaland is just catching cruise.

I looked for money and rented a room. I didn't move out my things like chairs, bed etc because my daughter needs them. I left forever.

She told relatives that I left our home and never looked back. Relatives reminded her that she told them she was the one paying all bills since the beginning and that she should thank God that the burden was removed. That's when I got to know about the lie that she was the one paying bills.

In my next life, I will prefer to be a gay.

This!!! Women can’t lead. And it isn’t even a bad thing. Women need to be taken care of. When a woman assumes that position of providing for a home, she loses attraction for the man. Only experienced men understand this.

2 Likes

Re: Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. by Joshbdexter(m): 6:46am On Sep 17, 2023
Mr. Life thoughter, my wife and your wife no be the same.
#Stop Misleading people
Re: Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. by correctguy101(m): 6:49am On Sep 17, 2023
Bronxie:
What if she pays,is anything wrong with that?
The man that has been paying for years without complaining is he not a human being?

What's she an helpmate for?
You guys should desist coming online to misleading other women creating tension in their homes, whilst you enjoy ambient in your homes.

For those that are going to come after me,it may interest you to know also that m a woman.

I'm not sure why it's like that...

A man can work and spend for his woman without complaint but most women wouldn't. They'll ultimately complain.

I'm too lazy to care about the sciences involved. I just see it as the world conditioning of our psyche.

Even yours truly will never be comfy letting a woman continuously take care of my bills, haba mana, not when I still dey agile like this...

I prefer she complains about my carefree indifference than my not handling bills. Woman too get wahala aswia...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigerian Men Talk About Vasectomies / Kenyan Man Builds Wife A House, Gifts Her Iphone 13 Pro Max On Her Birthday / 8-Month-Old Baby Dies As Ogun Pastor Orders Concubines To Beat Up Wife (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.