Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,624 members, 7,820,211 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:29 AM

Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. (33906 Views)

I Will Never Allow Peace To Reign In My Family / "Never Allow Your Wife To Be More Successful Than You" - Man "Nigerians React" / Georgia Woman Makes Her 5-Year-Old Daughter Pay Rent (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. by TimT: 8:20am On Sep 17, 2023
TrainPark:

That woman is usually his mother... don't be fooled!!!
Hey God.. shey dis one go marry so?
The "Mother" isn't she someone's daughter?
And how Nd why should your mother be Influencial in both your life as a man and also her husband (your father's) life?
Or do u think the last remaining good woman is a man's mother?
God help us with all these strong head men
Re: Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. by XYZo: 8:21am On Sep 17, 2023
I discoverer that allowing women to also contribute their money or invest it in the home or on you helps strengthen their bond with you. Ask around , many men who does everything in the house and forbids their women spend on them or the home lose at last. Because women thinking is different , they will only see you as a father figure. They will respect that you have the money but bro, they may not be totally committed.

Alow her also spend on you or the home,women don't like to lose on monetary investment, their heart will be with you, once they also feel that sense of commitment towards you or the home.

Run a check, you hardy see women who spend on a guy, dump the guy, simply because their heart is in ther investment. But they can easily dump a guy who sent them through school and paid all ther bills for another guy who they spend on . Think am sparogatively wink

1 Like

Re: Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. by Paramount01(m): 8:22am On Sep 17, 2023
nedekid:

Smartest question so far.
"Why?"
The op knows what has been seen.
Never let your wife pay rent could be a metaphor for you not to "loose guard" as a man.
Fine, things may be done together, but note that the more a man shares his responsibility the more he looses his balls as the head of the house. Both are partners though, but you as a man can decide eg to chill out with paddies and come come late, but since you and wife are "partners", sharing bills eg 5050, can she also do thesame? A wife comming home by 11.45pm? No.
Truth of the matter is that no matter how good a wife is, once she has to handle financial burdens of the family, it makes her equal to you ie 2 captains in 1 boat. When it gets worse and she has to handle expenses more than you ie the metaphor "pay rent", meeen, no matter how good she is, overtime, she will be the head of the house. That African thing of you saying "pack your load to your father's house" no go de there again. Lol. Abi na you go pack your load commot from her house.
Anyway, what op said is deep, not just the surface value.

Let me pack my load and go,don't come and kill me with responsibility knowing fully well we both work and earn

1 Like

Re: Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. by henidord3: 8:23am On Sep 17, 2023
So true never allow it
Re: Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. by tyinfinity: 8:23am On Sep 17, 2023
This post is from another obituary obidients follower.
Re: Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. by TemmyT002(m): 8:30am On Sep 17, 2023
She will always remind you.
Dont let it happen

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. by Paramount01(m): 8:30am On Sep 17, 2023
Kobojunkie:
To wear the crown of "head of family" means to carry all the bills on your head. So says your culture and your ancestors. At least let's get that out of the wear. If your woman is to pay the bill, you must loose that "head of family" crown in addition to that demand for respect and submission from her. undecided

In these dispensations, even if the man pay all the bills just as I am doing in my house the woman will still say I am not a slave in your house you can't dictate everything for me simple because you pay the bills,why not just share the bill and she do what she has been doing before

Woman don't pay bills ,woman don't pay house rents, yet you work, what did you now spend your money on?

1 Like

Re: Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. by zoghys: 8:30am On Sep 17, 2023
[quote author=lailo post=125840500]
No to paying house rent?
No to paying school fees, right?
No to feeding the family, definitely?
No to building the house, of course?
No to buying the family car, sure?
Then what financial contribution a woman who earns, is then going to do in the home?
[/quote

Do has it pleases you, ire oooo.
Re: Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. by wany(f): 8:31am On Sep 17, 2023
franchasofficia:
The number one prayer every man should be praying to God everyday is for him not to lack financially, and lastly for good health.

Without financial stability, a man is doomed in our current world, this is nothing but the bitter truth.

No woman loves a broke man sincerely for long, she will get tired and give up.

Dear single guys, please spend your youthful age brainstorming on legitimate things and businesses you can start to stabilize your income. Don't wait until you get a job, start something, even if it means being an errand guy providing errand services to people around you, please do it without shame, over time, if you remain dedicated and focused in it, God will increase you through that small thing you are doing.

If you fail to establish a moving business by age of 35yrs, it will be almost impossible to start one after 35yrs as a man because your mates must have stabilized and you will be feeling so ashamed and demoralized to start anything from scratch, so while in your 20s, follow your mates and hustle like you have no father or family, but please run away from crime and illegal businesses, they only give you false hope and leave you empty later in life.

Start a legitimate business that you can be growing yearly till it becomes well established.

Money makes a man, no jokes
Will they listen ,I doubt rather they are very comfortable been broke and demanding respect , who is going to respect your broke ass undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. by kayperry: 8:34am On Sep 17, 2023
hardon1:

See , what think the "post assistance" insult will come if you as a man is not capable and most things are by the woman's money which they don't like. The house chop more than 15m, so 2.5m is just a small fraction.

Women tend to dish insult when everything is on them. Women are wired to receive and provide assistance, they will only ridicule a man when they become fully in charge in one way or the other.

A reasonable one who knows that her man has tried will be happy to help - trust me. Unless na woman wey no love her husband

You are right to an extent, to you 2.5m is a small fraction cheesy But to a typical naija woman she is a landlady by "entitlement" and "cost", one is enough to make a woman misbehave talk more of two
maybe naa day you or other siblings go to that house to sleepover and your elder brother forget to inform her ahead e go hear am cheesy
Lets be objective bro, how many naija women are reasonable ?? esp. when it involves bills cheesy

1 Like

Re: Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. by kayperry: 8:57am On Sep 17, 2023
Iamzik:

This is the exact point I tried to address in my post. If you are a woman and you think that contributing to the home in a meaningful way is a licensee to disrespect the man who has been shouldering the same responsibility for years then your head need examining.

Women want the man to evolve from patriarchy but at the same time they themselves are not ready to have a progressive mindset.

As a woman what is your joy if you stack up millions in your account while the man is struggling to take care of the family all in the name of culture and tradition? Heard the story of a woman that died of sickness while the husband was struggling to pay her medical bill. Alas she had more than enough money in her account to afford a foreign hospital but mentality of my money is my money killed her. She became stingy even to herself!

As for me I will make it clear and both parties will sign. No woman will come and kill me with problem of marriage. This stress is the reason why some men die too early. The man is not a financial slave neither is the woman a domestic slave.

Let each contribute in meaningful way to the family. It is your home for crying out loud

One thing i have come to realize is that the biggest problem of Marriage in modern times is *EXPECTATIONs*
People go into marriages with silly Expectations without Arrangement,

We Naija "MEN" most times spoil these women too much such that we make them shirk reality .. you dated a girl and all through you never allowed her to spend her money on any outing but suddenly you expect her to contribute to marriage undecided no be juju be that

I think r/ship will be a lot better if people match their expectations with arrangements

2 Likes

Re: Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. by Prenonjebose: 9:01am On Sep 17, 2023
House rent! It's best for men to take care of that. Some guys here think it's so simple and comfortable to allow their wives to pay house rent. Don't pray, consider or wish for it to happen. Just do your best to handle the rent. She can support with other things in the home, like feeding and sundry expenses. This can be understood in terms of helpmate.
Re: Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. by Paramount01(m): 9:03am On Sep 17, 2023
dkidd:

LoL u dey complain because she probably doesn't respect u from this ur comment. When u resign everything to her like ur sounding now if u no run leave that house make I know why. Person never dey in charge and she dey treat u like this and u are praying for her to be the head. Na die u dey be that. Safe journey 😁

No big deal,
Re: Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. by samally: 9:07am On Sep 17, 2023
Entitle Man, Aka 50:50
A wise woman should avoid men like you bcus you will manipulate her by taking up the responsibilities that’s meant for you

Confusing her with cheap words,but the good things is a woman is always a woman she will show you

Instead of you telling her to pay rent,Let her know, the rent money is a loan and make sure you pay back..this is the best way to earn woman respect

TimT:
Why? Is it not money she is using? Why degrading women?
Some men just carry empty head and call it brain...
Is it a crime let a married woman pay house rent?
Is it not thesame house they both stay?
So if something happens that the man cannot afford the rent, the woman will sit back and wait for what landlord will do, knowing full well that she has the money to pay?
Or if she is willing to pay, masculine pride shouldn't allow me to agree!!!
We so much hold high esteem of ourselves about marriages yet many are living in bondage...
You all are saying women shouldn't pay rent or feed the man, yet you all are saying "a woman who can't bring anything to the table isn't worth been married to"...
Confusion left and right...
No worry, just allow pride Nd ego allow landlord pack Ur bag throw ..
Re: Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. by TimT: 9:11am On Sep 17, 2023
samally:
Entitle Man, Aka 50:50
A wise woman should avoid men like you bcus you will manipulate her by taking up the responsibilities that’s meant for you

Confusing her with cheap words,but the good things is a woman is always a woman she will show you

Instead of you telling her to pay rent,Let her know, the rent money is a loan and make sure you pay back..this is the best way to earn woman respect

Marry first.. then come back Nd make noise
Re: Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. by samally: 9:23am On Sep 17, 2023
Close to a decade and half…
Marriage is a nature and you can’t cheat nature
Gender role is not not interchangeable in marriage but can be flex…
Young man take your eye off woman money

TimT:

Marry first.. then come back Nd make noise
Re: Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. by freemanq(m): 9:25am On Sep 17, 2023
Animal talking
Re: Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. by josephevergreen(m): 9:32am On Sep 17, 2023
Op i will not totally blame you for the post because I don't know what you re passing through or have pass through to make you arrive tp this conclusion..but i must say that what works for mr A there is no guarantee that it will work for mr B. So stick to what works f0r you🙌🙌👌

Above all either married or single please no let money finished for your hand.

Dm for your tiles and accessories 👇

Re: Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. by vickydevoka(m): 10:10am On Sep 17, 2023
TimT:
Why? Is it not money she is using? Why degrading women?
Some men just carry empty head and call it brain...
Is it a crime let a married woman pay house rent?
Is it not thesame house they both stay?
So if something happens that the man cannot afford the rent, the woman will sit back and wait for what landlord will do, knowing full well that she has the money to pay?
Or if she is willing to pay, masculine pride shouldn't allow me to agree!!!
We so much hold high esteem of ourselves about marriages yet many are living in bondage...
You all are saying women shouldn't pay rent or feed the man, yet you all are saying "a woman who can't bring anything to the table isn't worth been married to"...
Confusion left and right...
No worry, just allow pride Nd ego allow landlord pack Ur bag throw ..
"I and my wife receives same salary and I love cooking as a man, I sometimes clean since I'm always at home. But I pay everything and she uses her money to buy human hair and build house for her parent, feed her siblings. " Said by a mumu man.
If you and your wife don't have a financial structure and not open to your income , please divorce her immediately. Stop all this rubbish of I'm a man of the house , she will insult me. If she insults u , insult her simple.

1 Like

Re: Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 10:14am On Sep 17, 2023
Rubbish, anybody can pay rent as long there is understanding in the family.
Re: Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. by zoeymikey(f): 10:30am On Sep 17, 2023
Chai. Sorry. Hmmmmn.
Re: Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. by TimT: 10:32am On Sep 17, 2023
samally:
Close to a decade and half…
Marriage is a nature and you can’t cheat nature
Gender role is not not interchangeable in marriage but can be flex…
Young man take your eye off woman money

Wow... married for almost 2 decades and you don't trust your wife...
Sorry...
I sure don't wish for such marriage...
"Marriage is nature..
Gender role is nature "...
See what a so-called married man is saying...
So in your absence your wife can't head the house..?
In your inability, your wife can't support you?
All because of gender role...
I won't say I pity your marriage, but I heavily doubt if you marry for love or you marry because "Time don reach to marry"
Have a nice Sunday...
Re: Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. by ogbe88(m): 11:00am On Sep 17, 2023
Kobojunkie:
So long as he is able to take over homemaking duties— and give up on his demand for respect and submission from her at that point — from her while she takes care of paying the bills, why not? undecided
At times i don't know if u are well.
Re: Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. by Bluffly: 11:26am On Sep 17, 2023
KingAzubuike:

You're still a kid, you won't understand. Continue allowing your wife pay rent or school fees. The day yuu have little misunderstanding is the day the whole world will know you're an irresponsible man who contributes nothing to his family. grin
That is how you get it wrong. My marriage is almost 20 years if you care to know, my wife and I do things together. I am not autocratic or looking for points to prove. My leadership is not about romancing my ego. We do not allow our misunderstanding to degenerate because we both know that the success of our partnership is both our responsibility.

1 Like

Re: Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. by Father4all: 11:53am On Sep 17, 2023
Don't allow them to feed you too

1 Like

Re: Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. by Mypeople2(m): 12:07pm On Sep 17, 2023
Ogbenison1:
Why not? Let the man breathe ✌
Children's school
Gas
Car fuel
Children's gadgets
Feeding at home
Clothing money
Children's provisions
Family members etc.
Stop suffocating the men, please let us BREATHE
Some times I just pity men.This is one of the reasons why we have a lot of widows...They are just killing my gender with a lot of responsibilities .
Please it is your marriage.If you really married your friend why can't you help him ? Are you not one, why are you in competition with each other ?
Re: Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. by samally: 12:17pm On Sep 17, 2023
Take your eye off woman money, incase you loan money from your girlfriend/fiancé do yourself a needful and payback

Save this quote for future reference
Happy Sunday to you

TimT:

Wow... married for almost 2 decades and you don't trust your wife...
Sorry...
I sure don't wish for such marriage...
"Marriage is nature..
Gender role is nature "...
See what a so-called married man is saying...
So in your absence your wife can't head the house..?
In your inability, your wife can't support you?
All because of gender role...
I won't say I pity your marriage, but I heavily doubt if you marry for love or you marry because "Time don reach to marry"
Have a nice Sunday...
Re: Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. by TimT: 12:41pm On Sep 17, 2023
samally:
Take your eye off woman money, incase you loan money from your girlfriend/fiancé do yourself a needful and payback

Save this quote for future reference
Happy Sunday to you

It's rubbish let a wife "loan" a husband to pay rent for house they both stay...
I repeat. Marry who loves you to avoid everything to be transactional...
Happy Sunday to you too....
Re: Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. by Kobojunkie: 1:35pm On Sep 17, 2023
Paramount01:
■ In these dispensations, even if the man pay all the bills just as I am doing in my house the woman will still say I am not a slave in your house you can't dictate everything for me simple because you pay the bills,why not just share the bill and she do what she has been doing before
■ Woman don't pay bills ,woman don't pay house rents, yet you work, what did you now spend your money on?
That is commonsense since we are no longer in the stone ages when slavery was accepted norm. Now women see and know that slavery is not the best and not fit for humans. So, anyone entering a master-submission marriage is setting himself up for failure since the times have changed. undecided

2. Women don't pay bills because men still enter into relationships with them under an agreement that exempts them from doing so. It is that simple.if you want a woman who pays bills , not only should you select a partner who will but also ensure you choose a marriage agreement that matches. All these illogical whining about how women don't pay bills--- same women paid their bills before you came into the picture though --- is nothing but useless whining. undecided
Re: Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. by Paramount01(m): 1:56pm On Sep 17, 2023
Kobojunkie:
That is commonsense since we are no longer in the stone ages when slavery was accepted norm. Now women see and know that slavery is not the best and not fit for humans. So, anyone entering a master-submission marriage is setting himself up for failure since the times have changed. undecided

2. Women don't pay bills because men still enter into relationships with them under an agreement that exempts them from doing so. It is that simple.if you want a woman who pays bills , not only should you select a partner who will but also ensure you choose a marriage agreement that matches. All these illogical whining about how women don't pay bills--- same women paid their bills before you came into the picture though --- is nothing but useless whining. undecided

With this your second point, I now know why we have a lot of single mothers out there, continue,I started payments I can't continue you want me to continue, you we cater for
Re: Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. by kwasoly(m): 3:04pm On Sep 17, 2023
Imredeemed:
TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN... I come in peace

This one no talk anything oh, if you can't go further next time kindly desist from posting

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Should A Wife Confront The Husband's Mistress? / Nigerian Men Talk About Vasectomies / Kenyan Man Builds Wife A House, Gifts Her Iphone 13 Pro Max On Her Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.