Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,793 members, 7,817,290 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:39 AM

Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. (33887 Views)

I Will Never Allow Peace To Reign In My Family / "Never Allow Your Wife To Be More Successful Than You" - Man "Nigerians React" / Georgia Woman Makes Her 5-Year-Old Daughter Pay Rent (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. by samally: 3:54pm On Sep 17, 2023
Entitle Man
Woman don’t love man

TimT:

It's rubbish let a wife "loan" a husband to pay rent for house they both stay...
I repeat. Marry who loves you to avoid everything to be transactional...
Happy Sunday to you too....
Re: Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. by TimT: 3:59pm On Sep 17, 2023
samally:
Entitle Man
Woman don’t love man

Okay...
Re: Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. by Kobojunkie: 4:07pm On Sep 17, 2023
Paramount01:
■ With this your second point, I now know why we have a lot of single mothers out there, continue,I started payments I can't continue you want me to continue, you we cater for
The same reason why there are equally lots of single fathers out there in Nigeria so no dey decieve yourself lipsrsealed
Re: Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. by SmilingImabong: 5:30pm On Sep 17, 2023
grin
Some dey leave for batcher with face me I face you na them dey post rubbish here.

Build your own house before you marry so she no go get mouth. We don big pass to pay rent.

Oloshos everywhere
Re: Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. by Paramount01(m): 6:59pm On Sep 17, 2023
Kobojunkie:
The same reason why there are equally lots of single fathers out there in Nigeria so no dey decieve yourself lipsrsealed

Though I am pretty sure you are single, but all the same, when you marry you will understand woman desire marriage more than man, man are just helping
Re: Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. by Kobojunkie: 7:01pm On Sep 17, 2023
Paramount01:
Though I am pretty sure you are single, but all the same, when you marry you will understand woman desire marriage more than man, man are just helping
Again, stop deluding yourself with tales that have near no bearing in the reality of things. It is 2023, almost 2024, adopt critical reasoning and learn to decisively analyze issues. undecided
Re: Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. by naijanaso: 10:09pm On Sep 17, 2023
TimT:
Why? Is it not money she is using? Why degrading women?
Some men just carry empty head and call it brain...
Is it a crime let a married woman pay house rent?
Is it not thesame house they both stay?
So if something happens that the man cannot afford the rent, the woman will sit back and wait for what landlord will do, knowing full well that she has the money to pay?
Or if she is willing to pay, masculine pride shouldn't allow me to agree!!!
We so much hold high esteem of ourselves about marriages yet many are living in bondage...
You all are saying women shouldn't pay rent or feed the man, yet you all are saying "a woman who can't bring anything to the table isn't worth been married to"...
Confusion left and right...
No worry, just allow pride Nd ego allow landlord pack Ur bag throw ..

Why calling out men here? The OP is female.
Re: Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. by Kobojunkie: 10:30pm On Sep 17, 2023
Iamzik:
There is a paradigm shift bro. I have followed many debated about this topic online and it's clear to me yhat even men who pay ALL the bills do not get submission and respect in the end. And in any case you are not getting married to the community.
■ I think the best thing is to have a clear understanding with the person you are about to marry. Let him or her know in clear terms what the financial responsibility matrix will look like. There is no rule cast in stone. I know couples who have a fixed amount they both contribute to the home welfare every month and it works for them.
■ The problems with most ladies is their entitlement mentality. Marriage is not poverty alleviation scheme especially when you are also have a good job as a woman. My money is my money. My husband money is our money .... this mentality has destroyed many home because the lady feels it's a crime to do certain things in the home.
As for me I think marriage is sweeter if you take away all these shackles of tradition that makes the man a sole provider and the woman subservient. It's doesn't work! Both parties are adults and should join hands to together to achieve great things in life. Be open to your husband, be open to your wife. Let the love respect, openness and vulnerability be mutual. If you don't see eye to eye on domestic expenses, how Will you two join forces together to build wealth for your children?
1. They don't yet they continue to sign up for exactly that same agreement which stipulates they pay it ALL while the woman continues as a submissive entity. Whose problem is that? undecided

2. That is common sense but how many men do that? They continue to set themselves up for failure by adopting a failed contract only to whine when it does not pan out as they imagined in their heads that it would. undecided

3. Wrong! That is not a problem with women at all but a problem with men. These women do not hold guns to the heads of these men so I don't see why a man would marry a woman who he knows has an entitlement mentality only to come whine about it. If you know a woman does not want to contribute her fair share to the bills, why marry her? Why? undecided

4. Not just on domestic expenses but also domestic duties. If a man wants a woman to contribute towards domestic expenses then the man must also know that he too must take on part of the domestic duties — chores, caring and raising of kids, etc. Marriage is meant to be of teamwork, and not some setting where one partner feels he is to set himself up as slave master over the other. That isn't marriage, that is instead wickedness. undecided
Re: Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. by Iamzik: 4:26am On Sep 18, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. They don't yet they continue to sign up for exactly that same agreement which stipulates they pay it ALL while the woman continues as a submissive entity. Whose problem is that? undecided

2. That is common sense but how many men do that? They continue to set themselves up for failure by adopting a failed contract only to whine when it does not pan out as they imagined in their heads that it would. undecided

3. Wrong! That is not a problem with women at all but a problem with men. These women do not hold guns to the heads of these men so I don't see why a man would marry a woman who he knows has an entitlement mentality only to come whine about it. If you know a woman does not want to contribute her fair share to the bills, why marry her? Why? undecided

4. Not just on domestic expenses but also domestic duties. If a man wants a woman to contribute towards domestic expenses then the man must also know that he too must take on part of the domestic duties — chores, caring and raising of kids, etc. Marriage is meant to be of teamwork, and not some setting where one partner feels he is to set himself up as slave master over the other. That isn't marriage, that is instead wickedness. undecided

I agree wirh the bolded.
This is not 1970. The man is not a financial slave and neither is the woman a domestic slave. Both should contribute, assist and help each other to take care of the home and build real wealth together.

2 Likes

Re: Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. by 7arrows: 8:01am On Sep 18, 2023
HopeSpencer:

Oponu nie

Hahahahahah sorry brother no vex. U really got me laughing.
Re: Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. by bukatyne(f): 6:35pm On Sep 18, 2023
folake4u:

@ the bolded. 🤣🤣🤣
October is the 10th month of the year. How about we deliberate on that by that time? You can raise the topic and we can chip in. cheesy

cheesy grin grin grin cheesy grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

And October is my month o! We shall see.

At least if they give you SOP at HQ (Red Pill.com), you see how it works for your department (society) and adapt it.

Men should not let their wives pay rent like we don't have a pandemic of husbands who wouldn't or can't pay rent & other bills leaving the all burden on their wives.

Ask the same clowns, they would tell you that their mothers are everything and come first because she 'suffered' for them and paid all the bills with puff puff and Akara.

Same them would lament how girls of today are not understanding like their mothers and materialistic.

Awon onirase undecided
Re: Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. by folake4u(f): 7:19pm On Sep 18, 2023
bukatyne:

cheesy grin grin grin cheesy grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

And October is my month o! We shall see.

At least if they give you SOP at HQ (Red Pill.com), you see how it works for your department (society) and adapt it.

Men should not let their wives pay rent like we don't have a pandemic of husbands who wouldn't or can't pay rent & other bills leaving the all burden on their wives.

Ask the same clowns, they would tell you that their mothers are everything and come first because she 'suffered' for them and paid all the bills with puff puff and Akara.

Same them would lament how girls of today are not understanding like their mothers and materialistic.

Awon onirase undecided

Omgggggggg! October is my month too. cheesy

I've seen many households where the wives pay rent and foot other bills while the husband is a sit-at-home man.

Lmao. With all their whining, one would think they'd marry their mothers. grin

Understanding women dey suffer pass, the side chicks dey flex.
Re: Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. by Exceed15: 11:57pm On Sep 18, 2023
Because she will use it against you when things turn sour .

1 Like

Re: Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. by Kobojunkie: 11:58pm On Sep 18, 2023
Exceed15:
Because she will use it against you when things turn sour .
Of course she should in the case that your original promise to her was that you would carry 100% of the financial burdens all by yourself. undecided
Re: Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. by Exceed15: 12:03am On Sep 19, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Of course she should in the case that your original promise to her was that you would carry 100% of the financial burdens all by yourself. undecided

U r not getting me.
Re: Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. by dalass(f): 5:40am On Oct 11, 2023
tiswell:
e nor fit happen for naija

Dey play. grin

Na she dey pay rent. grin
Re: Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. by buzorcharles(m): 11:41am On Dec 11, 2023
TimT:

Behind every successful man, there's a woman... better think well...

Behind every successful man, there's a woman that dosent pay rent.... better reason well
Re: Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. by Sk5050: 6:05pm On Apr 14
You talk anyhow pls be guided
Kobojunkie:
Dey there dey carry ego for head in this economy. Life knows how to show people like you how foolish your leanings are. undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Kenyan Man Builds Wife A House, Gifts Her Iphone 13 Pro Max On Her Birthday / What Are Your Stay At Home Realities During This Lockdown? / 8-Month-Old Baby Dies As Ogun Pastor Orders Concubines To Beat Up Wife (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.