Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,184 members, 7,822,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

Jarus CountryHome - A Journal - Properties (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Jarus CountryHome - A Journal (34081 Views)

Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome / The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal / From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by Jarus(m): 10:03pm On Feb 21, 2015
That's the BQ at the back in this pic. It's 2 semi-detached one-bedroom flats.

Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by Jarus(m): 10:13pm On Feb 21, 2015
This is the shop. Yet to be completed.

I slowed down on the Kwara project after finishing the main building.

Yet to complete the BQ, the shop and the gate house. But I have roofed them. I spent 700k on roofing BQ+Shop+gatehouse, compared to 950k I spent to roof the main building.

Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by Jarus(m): 10:18pm On Feb 21, 2015
Construction project is not easy at all.

I have spent about 13m to date on this Kwara project. To think I set out to do something small of about 2.5m when I started!

1 Like

Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by Jarus(m): 10:20pm On Feb 21, 2015
The pic was sent to me by one of junior brothers few weeks ago.

See people don dey paste posters on my fence sef. I hope no be PDP poster sha.
Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by aishaquest(f): 1:51am On Feb 22, 2015
CityNG:

BBQ: Barbecue = US
BQ: Boys Quarters = Nigeria

Outdoor kitchen were popular in Nigeria but somehow the architects designed this out for some reason. My building plan for the house I'm designing for Nigeria includes an outdoor kitchen in the indoor courtyard.

Lol...BQ: Boys Quarters. Ok
Is that a Muslim thing, or is it like a "Man Cave" here?

I would think an outdoor kitchen would be welcome to keep the heat out of the house.
Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by Nobody: 1:54am On Feb 22, 2015
aishaquest:

I would think an outdoor kitchen would be welcome to keep the heat out of the house.

Not sure how OP intends to use it but it's popular to have a BQ for income generation from tenants and to give the property a live in look during absences for safety.

1 Like

Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by aishaquest(f): 1:55am On Feb 22, 2015
CityNG:

Not sure how OP intends to use it but it's popular to have a BQ for income generation from tenants and to give the property a live in look during absences for safety.

That's wise.
Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by Jarus(m): 11:10pm On Feb 22, 2015
CityNG:

You guessed right.

Dad has actually been asking me to rent out the BQ when completed to have someone to be taking care of the house(pending the time my Mum moves in), but IKm not so inclined to it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by imoci(m): 8:31am On Feb 23, 2015
hello Jarus ,can you pls show us the floor plan of this beautiful edifice.love it.
Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by Empiree: 8:49pm On May 09, 2015
Jarus:

No, not for rent. Just a small shop for anybody(maybe my retired old woman) to sell soft drinks.
This is better. I was rolling my eyes as to why you would rent shops attached to your countryhome. I can't stand the joint. So how's your project now?
Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by Jarus(m): 7:56am On May 10, 2015
Empiree:
This is better. I was rolling my eyes as to why you would rent shops attached to your countryhome. I can't stand the joint. So how's your project now?

Since I completed the main building, been slow with other parts, now focusing on my Lagos project as I plan not to pay the next rent in Lagos her inshaa Allah.

Here are some more pics of the Kwara project

2 Likes

Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by Empiree: 10:49am On May 10, 2015
This is nice. God makes it easy for you. amin

1 Like

Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by Jummainow: 7:13am On Dec 09, 2015
aishaquest:

Wow. Surprised someone thinks boys qtrs might be 'a Muslim thing'. More of 'a Naija thing'. Originally designed to be qtrs for 'house boys'/boy-boy, as the missionaries used to call them. Those male domestic servants. Gradually morphed into what people sometimes term 'guest qtrs' or even property for let, as has already been said.

3 Likes

Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by Patsum(m): 5:55pm On Aug 01, 2017
You are supposed to how us house warming pix too @ Jarus. At least for those of us who where not invited.
Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by Timtol(m): 2:31pm On Aug 28, 2017
A wonderful thread
Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by Nicoletheo: 3:08pm On Aug 28, 2017
Congrats Boss....

Its a huge feat. Wishing you all the best in your endeavours.
Jarus:

Since I completed the main building, been slow with other parts, now focusing on my Lagos project as I plan not to pay the next rent in Lagos her inshaa Allah.

Here are some more pics of the Kwara project

1 Like

Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by Jarus(m): 11:05pm On Dec 24, 2018
After setting this aside for like 3 years for some other projects, decided to retouch it in the last 3 months. Current state.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by Empiree: 1:03am On Dec 25, 2018
Congrats, brother. Finally. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by Jarus(m): 11:58pm On Feb 23, 2020
Not been updating here and the other thread again.

By Allah’s mercy, gone ahead to do two more projects after these.

Latest baby (somewhere in Lagos)

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by Empiree: 1:11am On Feb 24, 2020
shikishiki maami owo de grin

1 Like

Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by Jarus(m): 7:13am On Feb 28, 2020
Recent development

2 Likes

Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by damidele(m): 8:59am On Feb 28, 2020
Great work @ Jarus. However I would like to ask is that 2-storey building sitting on the edge of the fence the gate house?

1 Like

Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by Jarus(m): 6:29pm On Apr 26, 2020
Development continues

3 Likes

Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by Jarus(m): 11:56pm On Apr 26, 2020
damidele:
Great work @ Jarus. However I would like to ask is that 2-storey building sitting on the edge of the fence the gate house?

No, a living house.

Just my use of land. I own the orange coloured bungalow partly showing in the first pic up here (completed in 2015) and decided to do this small duplex in the remaining part of the plot. I needed to have it sit by the fence to get enough space.
Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by Jarus(m): 12:02am On Apr 27, 2020
I enjoy doing construction projects because I’m bad at keeping money. 5th house - spread across 3 states (4 built, 1 bought).

To Allah be the glory.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by AreaFada2: 12:05am On Apr 27, 2020
Very nice work Jarus. Kudos.
Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by Jarus(m): 12:09am On Apr 27, 2020
AreaFada2:
Very nice work Jarus. Kudos.

Thanks bro
Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by nikkygal(f): 4:45pm On Apr 27, 2020
Well done Jarus!

You've indeed done very well embarking on all these projects within a relatively short span of time.

If you don't mind sharing an estimate of how much you've spent on the duplex so far. It's interesting to see the progress made when you compare the picture you posted end of February and now.

I'm also an avid believer in the use of projects to tie down money.

Good job!
Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by Empiree: 6:43pm On Apr 27, 2020
Jarus:
I enjoy doing construction projects because I’m bad at keeping money. 5th house - spread across 3 states (4 built, 1 bought).

To Allah be the glory.
This is smart move, brother. Tie down your money with investment. We kinda think the same. I like smart people. I like people that live off govt assistance. This is why i like Real Estate. I like forward thinking people.
Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by Nafizzey(m): 11:32pm On Apr 27, 2020
Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by Nafizzey(m): 11:35pm On Apr 27, 2020
woooow
Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by 4gunners(m): 1:21am On Apr 28, 2020
Jarus:

No, a living house.

Just my use of land. I own the orange coloured bungalow partly showing in the first pic up here (completed in 2015) and decided to do this small duplex in the remaining part of the plot. I needed to have it sit by the fence to get enough space.
Sir, can I PM you. I will like to hear a word of advice from you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Cost Of 4 Flats Of 2 Bedroom. / Building A (12 Flats) Mini Estate In Enugu / Land, Houses For Sale @ Magboro (makógi, mápárá Etc @ Back Of MFM Prayer City)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.