Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,454 members, 7,954,784 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:15 AM

Jarus CountryHome - A Journal - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Jarus CountryHome - A Journal (34531 Views)

Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome / The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal / From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by Jarus(m): 5:21pm On Oct 25, 2013
Dining area....before lighting (that's the latest pic I have on my phone).

1 Like

Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by Jarus(m): 5:23pm On Oct 25, 2013
osifred: And sumbody is advising me to save 5million for masters abroad. Money I wil use to build 3 bedroom flat in my hometown Omoku.
It's a trade-off. I started the building just after one year work, earning circa 200k per month then. annum then.

I just started my foreign Masters late last year, when the project was almost completed.
Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by Jarus(m): 5:26pm On Oct 25, 2013
iamdhebuck: Very impressed! now this is what I call a MAN..someone who get things done,not some nicompop @ 30 sitting in their moms shop only to 2go from morning to night chasing 14 year old gals or logging in to nairaland and rooting for their favorite thief in government.

Interestingly, I'm also a die-hard social media buff, at least super-active on NL. I can count the number of days I did not log on to NL in the last 5 years. So it's not necessarily by that.
Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by obayaya(m): 5:39pm On Oct 25, 2013
jarus.. congratulations.. completed Nysc in 2007 and you are a landlord in 2013 .. Wow!!! and you're doing your masters.. Wow!!! all from legal sweat!!!

God bless you sir..

9 Likes

Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by Jarus(m): 5:41pm On Oct 25, 2013
uhuns: I join all to say a big kudos to you.
pls given that we may not have followed from the very start.
could you summarize as follows!
the total cost as at today.
minus the fence! store! BQ.Borehole.
the floor area of the House.
this is to get a per square construction cost.
this can be varied from place to place with minimum changes .e.g

ie it cost 120k per m2 for midium sized 3b/ r flat

I can't isolate those, but I know I have spent 10m plus, (cost of land inclusive).

The BQ isn't completed. I only rushed teh main building to be able to do sallah there.

But let me try:

Land - 200k for 2.5 plots bought in 2009(now going for 350k per plot today )
Foundation - 1m (the architect said it's German floor, and very high)
BQ (2 twin self-contains, with big sitting room) - now up to lintel level, but uncompleted - 2m
Main building (blocks, plastering, labour etc) - 2m
Roofing of main building - 1m (350k for woodwork, 620k for aluminium)
Fencing (plus shop and gatehouse) - not yet plastered - 700k
Sanitary materials (WC, cubicle, kitchen, toilet stuff etc) - bought in Lagos 250k, transported via train to Kwara 15k
Plumbering - 100k
Tiles - 500k
POP - 250k
Electrical works and materials, wiring materials plus work etc - about 450k
Gate - 100k
Painting - 200k
Plus other costs I can't remember (I didn't keep records).

I didn't keep records, but I know I have sent more than 10m to the supervisor since inception.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by Jarus(m): 5:44pm On Oct 25, 2013
obayaya: jarus.. congratulations.. completed Nysc in 2007 and you are a landlord in 2013 .. Wow!!! and you're doing your masters.. Wow!!! all from legal sweat!!!

God bless you sir..
I actually bought the land just one year after NYSC, and started developing one year after. I was fortunate to have a decent job, plus good parental guidance. Never let this corporate Lagos went into my head, knew teh son of whom I was.

7 Likes

Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by spyder880(m): 5:46pm On Oct 25, 2013
hardbody:

Spyder, you had a thread, if i recall about the house you started building about three years ago (same time as me) someweher in enugu state. I was always following that thread (without making a single contribution though). I must confess i picked prices from that your tread when i was negotiating or buying items. To the glory of God i managed (after three years) to complete that duplex. I now want to commence the building of hostels (challets) for students very close to that same house.

How did your house fair, i am certain you have finished it by now.

More blessing bro

You people inspired me a lot to build and finish that house in 2011. Now I am currently building 7 houses in 6 states, ( all houses are owned by nailaland members, anonymous of course) i am now based in PH because I have 3 houses going up there, all of my buildings are online here on nairaland and I always update them. Thanking you guys for making me believe its possible to do good business in Nigeria. https://www.nairaland.com/1335928/making-port-harcourt-mansion/74

3 Likes

Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by Jarus(m): 5:51pm On Oct 25, 2013
Aarenaija:

Please allway do a BoQ.
If the Architect is introducing anything in the course of the project for any reason, it most be with the consent of you the client. Except it will not add any extra to the initial cost.
Generally, if an Architect is supervising your project, you should expect that some changes may occur because he will always be thinking ahead of the owner in terms of what the project will look like at completion.

Thanks. I'm actually not that formal. I just had my eyes on a house, sending money.
It wasn't easy as he kept bringing in new thing, with extra cost, and stretching my finances. But in the end I'm happy for the job.
Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by obayaya(m): 5:57pm On Oct 25, 2013
Jarus:
I actually bought the land just one year after NYSC, and started developing one year after. I was fortunate to have a decent job, plus good parental guidance. Never let this corporate Lagos went into my head, knew teh son of whom I was.

that's so impressive.. lemme start saving money for land o.. pop go soon reach cheesy

1 Like

Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by bugmenot: 5:58pm On Oct 25, 2013

Great job, Jarus!

About the POP, does the 250k cover labour and materials? Is there POP in all the rooms? BQ inclusive?

Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by Jarus(m): 5:58pm On Oct 25, 2013
anonimi: Congrats Jarus for the journey so far and sharing the progress all the way.
Why is the shop being built with the house?
just for my mum, soft drinks, just to keep her busy within teh compound, rather than staying indoor all day.

1 Like

Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by bitingcool: 6:00pm On Oct 25, 2013
maninmood: Nice one Jarus, may God empower you to finish it up to your taste. @ werepeLeri: Must you showcase your stupidity here just cuz you have just a piece of land in Abuja. You now went ahead and criticized your fellow man that builds his in Kwara. What would someone that buys his for 30mil say? Proud fake mofo!

@Jarus: Abeg show us more pictures my broda. Our oga Spyder880 is here grin

@maninmood: u insulting @werepeLeri was totally incalled for. What did he say to warrant your show of lack of verbal self control? Its people like you that downgrade NL. Must u throw insults @ d slightest opportunity. I bet u can't afford a plot of land in the bush..don't insult a man 'cos of his light banter with a fellow man #grow up.

3 Likes

Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by Jarus(m): 6:05pm On Oct 25, 2013
bugmenot:

Great job, Jarus!

About the POP, does the 250k cover labour and materials? Is there POP in all the rooms? BQ inclusive?

Nope, we POPed just sitting room, dining and corridor.
Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by Nobody: 6:18pm On Oct 25, 2013
werepeLeri: Building a house in Abuja - a four room duplex - with BQ

Cost of land - 8m.

Spent so far. 23m.

Purpose- Elegance and taste all combined in a modest 4 room duplex in a serviced estate. Hmmm -

Jarus- means, the cost of land in Abuja will build two of yours in Kwara. Please take me to Kwara.

Land of Politics is a good location wink
Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by Nobody: 6:20pm On Oct 25, 2013
Jarus: Dining area....before lighting (that's the latest pic I have on my phone).

I am still trying to understand the love for arches within a living area.. i cannot figure it out

1 Like

Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by bugmenot: 6:24pm On Oct 25, 2013
voltron:

I am still trying to understand the love for arches within a living area.. i cannot figure it out

It's a fad, looks good if properly built (like Jarus') though.

Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by bitingcool: 6:37pm On Oct 25, 2013
Congrats Jarus...I'm proud of u and I have this page bookmarked. Now if only I bought my plots of land then instead of shares... But u know what they say : its never too late to start. God bless.
Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by VirginFinder: 6:41pm On Oct 25, 2013
Congrats Suraj!

I'm happy for you.

I pray I would be living in my own house in less than 2 years from now.
In Jesus Name.Amen.

2 Likes

Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by Abbott(m): 6:45pm On Oct 25, 2013
Good one Jarus.
Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by Bizibi(m): 7:06pm On Oct 25, 2013
Magic Bishop:

badbelle wetin?

Jarus and his ilk are building houses from jaundiced posts for APC and the likes of Ribadu?

Wetin dey this im yeye house for backyard ilorin of all places?

If he like he can buy a house on 5th Avenue that one no concern me or anybody.

Useless generation. You wont even know how them dey use una feed
dis is an example of total waste

6 Likes

Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by mclaaro(f): 7:45pm On Oct 25, 2013
This is a rare feat,highly insipirational.........
Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by GooseBaba: 8:36pm On Oct 25, 2013
Correct thinz.... It's not easy. Congrats!!
Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by maninmood(m): 8:37pm On Oct 25, 2013
biting cool:

@maninmood: u insulting @werepeLeri was totally incalled for. What did he say to warrant your show of lack of verbal self control? Its people like you that downgrade NL. Must u throw insults @ d slightest opportunity. I bet u can't afford a plot of land in the bush..don't insult a man 'cos of his light banter with a fellow man #grow up.

Well, may I suggest you do a bit findings on difference between 'insults' and 'calling one to order'. And contrary to the emboldened statement of yours, what if I tell you God has built a befitting 5 bedroom duplex + 2 bedroom bq for me, not to mention other great things. Please stop laying theoretical claims on someone's life, it does you no good.

@Jarus: I am quite happy to see God has seen you through finally. May this never be the last in your life. The house is very elegantsmiley
Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by princeonx: 8:42pm On Oct 25, 2013
Well done bros! E no easy at all.
Kwara cheap oh! I paid omonile/agent about double of #200k in commission only in Lagos!
Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by touchmeder: 8:47pm On Oct 25, 2013
ode remo:
Does dat look lyk a completed home, since 2011. If this is FP material
N/l has gone to the dogs, some. Small dogs, men.

Why are human beings like this sef undecided
A journey began in 2011 and we see the near completion in 2013 and you are moaning
Do you know the number of people following this thread that may have lost it along the way only to discover the great progress in 2013?
I am just seeing this thread 2013 and have been seriously considering getting a land
do you know how this thread has encouraged me?
What project have you started and completed oga sir? Abi na beans to build house for Naija?
Be happy for your neighbor and God will do your own too

congrats @op

4 Likes

Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by Kitomania(m): 9:03pm On Oct 25, 2013
Congratulation.... well done this has really inspired me, am about to start mine 3bedrm.... I will surely find usefu I what I had learned on Jarus Experiences on the course of his on project.... Congrat once more
Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by emveepee: 9:08pm On Oct 25, 2013
Congrats Jarus what a nice house you've got...just in case a friend of yours or you know of someone who's in need of a land,I have a plot I want to sell at Tanke oke odo for 1million naira, nice location not far from the main road. You contact me on 08058757159...
Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by viperman: 9:15pm On Oct 25, 2013
JARUS! JARUS! After completing this house you have to launch it with one sweet car from

www.viperautos.com
www.facebook.com/ViperAutos o wink

1 Like

Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by Nobody: 9:36pm On Oct 25, 2013

1 Like

Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by Nobody: 9:42pm On Oct 25, 2013
Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by Nobody: 9:59pm On Oct 25, 2013
Nice one dude...I'm going to bookmark those threads.....
spyder880:

You people inspired me a lot to build and finish that house in 2011. Now I am currently building 7 houses in 6 states, ( all houses are owned by nailaland members, anonymous of course) i am now based in PH because I have 3 houses going up there, all of my buildings are online here on nairaland and I always update them. Thanking you guys for making me believe its possible to do good business in Nigeria.
Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by ugochukwu360(m): 10:05pm On Oct 25, 2013
Brös u rili try, no be small self discipline u tk embark on this project, in this time of brazilian hair, all kinds of shows nd events filled wit fake fwends nd fake women who are roaming abt lyk hungry lions løoking 4 young men to render broke.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What Types Of Slab Is These? To The Civil Engineers And Builders In The Forum. / Thinking of buying or selling your vehicles and properties faster? / House Rent In This Country Is Nothing To Write About

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.