Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,740 members, 7,827,730 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:55 PM

Jarus CountryHome - A Journal - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Jarus CountryHome - A Journal (34105 Views)

Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome / The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal / From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by maninmood(m): 7:20pm On Oct 19, 2011
spyder880:

^^^^ my brother I no be Oga, that exalted position is left for Baba fhemmmy, ihebrooke, lawyer etc. Me am a fellow learner and am enjoying and learning from the experience of Jarus.

I wish I could have you as my supervisor Mr Spyder880, but Enugu is quite far undecided. That my supervisor too like money angry
Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by werepeLeri: 7:58pm On Oct 19, 2011
maninmood:

Nice one Jarus, may God empower you to finish it up to your taste. @ werepeLeri: Must you showcase your stupidity here just cuz you have just a piece of land in Abuja. You now went ahead and criticized your fellow man that builds his in Kwara. What would someone that buys his for 30mil say? Proud fake mofo!

@Jarus: Abeg show us more pictures my broda. Our oga Spyder880 is here grin

Whats wrong with people like you? Where did i criticise? and where is the show off. You are simply a wasted sp erm, and may all your curses go back to you - silly you called me and you called me a mother fu cker. For what reason? Jarus - did you take my comment as a criticism? You are simply a wasted s perma to zoa. Your mother could have just washed you with her monthly menstrual period - and for your information, you are a bastard. You are one of those eeediots who makes Nairaland bad. and i swear, for this un warranted curse against me, whatever you start this year shall never, i repeat never be completed. Mark it.

Jarus- i am sure we spoke well before this menstrual waste came in.

1 Like

Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by maninmood(m): 8:59pm On Oct 19, 2011
werepeLeri:

Whats wrong with people like you? Where did i criticise? and where is the show off. You are simply a wasted sp erm, and may all your curses go back to you - silly you called me and you called me a mother fu cker. For what reason? Jarus - did you take my comment as a criticism? You are simply a wasted s perma to zoa. Your mother could have just washed you with her monthly menstrual period - and for your information, you are a bastard. You are one of those eeediots who makes Nairaland bad. and i swear, for this un warranted curse against me, whatever you start this year shall never, i repeat never be completed. Mark it.

Jarus- i am sure we spoke well before this menstrual waste came in.

Trading words with your likes is like fighting with a teenager. You have learned your lesson, hence the ranting. Run along and do not try to discredit whatever anyone is doing. Pray for more success and do not castigate nor cause anyone here.

By the way, if you are bombarding me with silly curses, you are making a big mistake cuz your prayers are not yet answered let alone of your curses. Be mature, be respectful, don't show-off, don't act like a schizophrenic drunk.

2 Likes

Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by werepeLeri: 9:06pm On Oct 19, 2011
Over 200 people read my comment and Jarus kind reply, and my discussion with him that follows, until you brought your God forsaken mouth to run down something that has been peaceful. The likes of you just shows your animalistic tendencies without being provoked.

Like I said, your Mum should have saved the world the likes of you by washing you away with that menstrual period of hers that resulted into your being.

Animal. Like I said- Mark this day, if you ever ever finish what you started this year, call me more names you like. You need be thought a lesson that you dont just go abusing and cursing people without reason.
Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by Acidosis(m): 9:38pm On Oct 19, 2011
No comment from a lady so far. This shows how lazy African ladies are, always want to be house [b]wives[/b]helps. I know most of them must have read this comments but all they could do is to 'wish' they get hooked up to a blessed man like Mr. Jarus with a dream.
African Ladies wake up!! I wish all ladies can get there own car from their own earn money before marriage. Come to think of it, is it a crime?

6 Likes

Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by maninmood(m): 9:39pm On Oct 19, 2011
werepeLeri:

Over 200 people read my comment and Jarus kind reply, and my discussion with him that follows, until you brought your God forsaken mouth to run down something that has been peaceful. The likes of you just shows your animalistic tendencies without being provoked.

Like I said, your Mum should have saved the world the likes of you by washing you away with that menstrual period of hers that resulted into your being.

Animal. Like I said- Mark this day, if you ever ever finish what you started this year, call me more names you like. You need be thought a lesson that you dont just go abusing and cursing people without reason.

Since you refuse to tame your unbriddled mouth , I would give you a few words to munch over and this is going to be the last time cuz I wouldn't want to divert this thread cuz of a kid like you. I am repeating my statement, thus, as a mature mind I wouldn't trade words with you. You have let the whole world know that you are just a junkie looking for attention. Attention seekers are not wanted here on Nairaland.

Point of correction, next time you are displaying your childishness on forum like this, take a caution for a minute, that is what maturity is all about. Read me:

Building a house in Abuja - a four room duplex - with BQ

Cost of land - 8m. Preferably,say this, ' land there is a little pricey.'

Spent so far. 23m. C'mon, why the show-off? You don't need this, be mature.

Purpose- Elegance and taste all combined in a modest 4 room duplex in a serviced estate.

[s]Jarus- means, the cost of land in Abuja will build two of yours in Kwara. Please take me to Kwara.[/s] You totally messed up here. This sounds to me like you're trying to discredit what that hard-working man has done already. How would you feel if someone that buys a land worth 150mil in Ikoyi, Lagos says this to you?

Don't let your wife( that is if you have one cuz it doesn't show you do) be the one to call your grandiose manner to order.

By the way, I am re-phrasing,  I don't have to bother about your curses cuz if you really understand what is coming out of your untamed mouth, you would realise that you are really dabbling under some form of disillusions. And moreover, who assures you that you will finish your own projects in life, c'mon boy, you can't cuz the richest men on earth are forever on projects till they give up their lives. Life is continual so does projects. I'm quite sure you have learned a little from me today. Be cool young man.

@ poster: I'm quite sorry if I seem to divert this thread. But, I am sure you understand my points here. I've subscribed to this thread already, and like my oga spyder880, I am still learning grin

2 Likes

Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by CyberG: 9:47pm On Oct 19, 2011
Why ruin this good and well-intentioned thread with abuse and curses for goodness sake?
Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by maninmood(m): 9:49pm On Oct 19, 2011
Acidosis:

No comment from a lady so far. This shows how lazy African ladies are, always want to be house [b]wives[/b]helps. I know most of them must have read this comments but all they could do is to 'wish' they get hooked up to a blessed man like Mr. Jarus with a dream.
African Ladies wake up!! I wish all ladies can get there own car from their own earn money before marriage. Come to think of it, is it a crime?

Hmm Acidosis, you've said the truth there, but we can't do without our great African women.

@Jarus, we are waiting for more pictures of the beautiful house.
Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by dayokanu(m): 10:08pm On Oct 19, 2011
Good one Jarus.

I see you are building a home for Jarusat and the little Jaruses grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by trisurface: 10:27pm On Oct 19, 2011
Commendable, Jarus.

If I may, some cash saving tips.
1) Get in quotes several months ahead. excepting cement, its a myth that Building materials fluctuate widely in Nigeria. By getting quotes in ahead, You keep prospective contractors for different jobs on their toes & waiting for you instead of the other way round. People will give you a quote in January & execute the job in August without variation. This is my personal experience.
2) Spend some time educating yourself. 1 hour in a plumbing/Electrical/Paint shop will save U money. All bills are made up of three Parts. Materials Cost. Labor Cost. Contractor's Overhead/Profit. Educating yourself can save you money on the third.
3) Prequalify your Contractors. have repeated meetings. Bring them to site often as you can. The ones who will mess you up will show their hand sooner or later.
4) Timing is critical. Contracts negotiated within certain times of the year are cheaper. Eg, Do your plastering in December. Most bricklayers are idle then. Dont paint in December. Good painters are booked to their eyebrows then.
5) Reduce everything to units of measurement. Use cost/m2 as much as you can.

God will stand by You.

3 Likes

Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by Acidosis(m): 10:36pm On Oct 19, 2011
Sir, I hope you've been there to see things yourself. There is this story where a man sends lots of money to a contractor and the contractor in return ate the cash without building anything instead he sends beautiful pictures from the start to finish another man's property. The contractor is not a relative but a blood brother.
Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by werepeLeri: 11:12pm On Oct 19, 2011
maninmood:

Since you refuse to tame your unbriddled mouth , I would give you a few words to munch over and this is going to be the last time cuz I wouldn't want to divert this thread cuz of a kid like you. I am repeating my statement, thus, as a mature mind I wouldn't trade words with you. You have let the whole world know that you are just a junkie looking for attention. Attention seekers are not wanted here on Nairaland.

Point of correction, next time you are displaying your childishness on forum like this, take a caution for a minute, that is what maturity is all about. Read me:

Building a house in Abuja - a four room duplex - with BQ

Cost of land - 8m. Preferably,say this, ' land there is a little pricey.'

Spent so far. 23m. C'mon, why the show-off? You don't need this, be mature.

Purpose- Elegance and taste all combined in a modest 4 room duplex in a serviced estate.

[s]Jarus- means, the cost of land in Abuja will build two of yours in Kwara. Please take me to Kwara.[/s] You totally messed up here. This sounds to me like you're trying to discredit what that hard-working man has done already. How would you feel if someone that buys a land worth 150mil in Ikoyi, Lagos says this to you?

Don't let your wife( that is if you have one cuz it doesn't show you do) be the one to call your grandiose manner to order.

By the way, I am re-phrasing,  I don't have to bother about your curses cuz if you really understand what is coming out of your untamed mouth, you would realise that you are really dabbling under some form of disillusions. And moreover, who assures you that you will finish your own projects in life, c'mon boy, you can't cuz the richest men on earth are forever on projects till they give up their lives. Life is continual so does projects. I'm quite sure you have learned a little from me today. Be cool young man.

@ poster: I'm quite sorry if I seem to divert this thread. But, I am sure you understand my points here. I've subscribed to this thread already, and like my oga spyder880, I am still learning grin

Nkita. Wasted sperma to zoa.

Look. Not that I bother, but if you care to know. I was the second to post after Jarus, and I assumed his intention was for commentators to show exactly what he showed on his opening comments. His opening comment included his cost of land, how much he had spent and purpose. So, what the f is this twert of a being talking about if i repeated what Jarus initially said? You are just a silly little im be cile. Jarus responded jokingly and we progressed normally.

Even if you must correct, there are better ways of doing so than calling me a mother fu cker and a silly person. Do I know u before? Im be cile.

1 Like

Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by alanbolo(m): 11:35pm On Oct 19, 2011
Nice one, I wish i had pix of mine from start to finish. it still amazes me that building a house is unending job. I thought I completed mine b4, only to find out that the Water tank capacity need to be increased due to usage and power to pump from borehole to tank.

Jarus, I wish you more (cement) to ur joints.

1 Like

Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by prokure: 11:38pm On Oct 19, 2011
^^^
^
^ will u 2 grow up and allow contributors dialogue with jarus, pls?
Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by werepeLeri: 11:43pm On Oct 19, 2011
^^^

Apologies. Just tell the loud mouth to be civil when attempting to correct someone.,
Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by maninmood(m): 12:33am On Oct 20, 2011
** Eats kolanut while waiting for more updates from Jarus*** wink smiley Where are Fhemmy and Spyder880
Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by Btzzk: 1:58am On Oct 20, 2011
You know this is my dream for years; I want something similar at GRA Ilorin. But there is no one to supervise the project. I am scare of all these robber we have in the society. If you don’t mind can i ask you the location, or is it in Ilorin you are doing the project? Please let us know the total cost if you don’t mind.
Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by lovejo(m): 4:03am On Oct 20, 2011
Completed one already, 4 bedroom bungalow, to God be the glory and i'm aspiring to build duplex now.
Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by Martins4us(m): 8:11am On Oct 20, 2011
Nice building in-progress. It looks like one i used to see along my school (unilorin). Tanke, oke odo.
Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by sholasys: 8:15am On Oct 20, 2011
Wonderful project you have there. My advice for you in case of next time you "projectized" your project. Sorry my fellow kwarans from your analysis i observed that you dont have a define project plan, definite project scope. You scope creep which increase your project cost, the materials cost analysys   was not based on measurement and size but based on estimate and price negotiation. I am happy for u bc u are not complaining and its always like this when your are sending money down for a project. henceforth any material you r buying request for bill of quantity of any project phase eg plastering or painting get like 2 diff type, involve external expert on it to ask question. U will be suprised on how much cost you will reduced. I pray i will start my own soonest like you, jst bought 1 plot at 300k in ilorin few month ago. which area is ur site. God bless U
Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by franko2: 8:34am On Oct 20, 2011
Nice one jarus, for those of us needing superhuman inspiration to take the plunge, this tonic is wkd! I second the more cement to your elbow greetings!!

trisurface:

Commendable, Jarus.

If I may, some cash saving tips.
1) Get in quotes several months ahead. excepting cement, its a myth that Building materials fluctuate widely in Nigeria. By getting quotes in ahead, You keep prospective contractors for different jobs on their toes & waiting for you instead of the other way round. People will give you a quote in January & execute the job in August without variation. This is my personal experience.
2) Spend some time educating yourself. 1 hour in a plumbing/Electrical/Paint shop will save U money. All bills are made up of three Parts. Materials Cost. Labor Cost. Contractor's Overhead/Profit. Educating yourself can save you money on the third.
3) Prequalify your Contractors. have repeated meetings. Bring them to site often as you can. The ones who will mess you up will show their hand sooner or later.
4) Timing is critical. Contracts negotiated within certain times of the year are cheaper. Eg, Do your plastering in December. Most bricklayers are idle then. Dont paint in December. Good painters are booked to their eyebrows then.
5) Reduce everything to units of measurement. Use cost/m2 as much as you can.

God will stand by You.

very interesting this!!

Acidosis:

Sir, I hope you've been there to see things yourself. There is this story where a man sends lots of money to a contractor and the contractor in return ate the cash without building anything instead he sends beautiful pictures from the start to finish another man's property. The contractor is not a relative but a blood brother.

very true, make room for naija factor
Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by Iranoladun(f): 11:05am On Oct 20, 2011
@Jarus we're also building a house in Ilorin.

I will advise you get 2 or 3 quote before parting with your money for any part of the project. We've been able to save huge sum of money up to 40%!

Check out as many architectural design as possible, use the net, check built up properties until you are comfortable with your design/budget. This is a caveat if you do not want to be redesigning/ changing the rule of the game when you're already on the field playing. This sometimes result into additional/ unplanned expenses.

Use a bill of quantity that is prepared by a professional who knows his onions and is sincere.

Never use contractor recommended by friends or family members without a 2nd and 3rd opinion.

Our initial building contractor wanted to fleece 1.6M off us on just the BQ. My gut feeling $ experience in repairs told me the highly recommended Contractor is Pricey but my Hubby felt what does a woman knows about building until a close friend of his who recently built a house using direct labour also convinced him.

Most quote they will give you will be layered with extra material that you may not need. Even though the contractor will cheat you; aim at reducing the fleecing!

Your old man is on point. We started the BQ first and we are using it currently to store building material for the main building. It also serve as a learning curve for us since this is our 1st building.

I have subscribed to your thread and hope we can learn from each other!

3 Likes

Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by Btzzk: 12:48pm On Oct 20, 2011
lovejo:

Completed one already, 4 bedroom bungalow, to God be the glory and I'm aspiring to build duplex now.

Can you please give me the rough estimate of what 4 bedroom  bungalow cost you if you don't mind
Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by chines4(m): 4:04pm On Oct 20, 2011
I'm doing a project currently in Asaba, I was keeping tab, before but along the line I just stopped.
Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by wellheads(m): 4:43pm On Oct 20, 2011
Nice one Jarus. God will see you through, I.A.

Pls what part of Ilorin are you putting up this structure.
Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by olawalebabs(m): 7:56pm On Oct 20, 2011
God'll see you through. The project is not in Ilorin, but in Kwara
Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by Jarus(m): 9:03am On Oct 21, 2011
@Werepeleri & maninmood, stop the e-bickering pls. Let's move on, and share ideas and experience.

1 Like

Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by Jarus(m): 9:07am On Oct 21, 2011
maninmood:

My broda, nice quote there. However, building a house is like bringing a baby up, you can never estimate the exact amount you are going to spend on it, but you can always guess almost right. My brother, you're doing something great and may God see you through. I will pat you on the back if you can successfully build a 3 bedroom flat with 2 self-contained bqs with 8mil. My brother, you have a great taste, abeg be looking at 13 million wink.

I have come to realize that is very true. My initial plan has been tripled and bringing everything to final shape may actually cross the 10m border. It may not be up to 13 but I'm seeing it crossing 10. However, at 8, it should be habitable(i.e painting concluded), but other continuous things will keep swelling up the total cost.
Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by Jarus(m): 9:12am On Oct 21, 2011
@Jarus we're also building a house in Ilorin.

I will advise you get 2 or 3 quote before parting with your money for any part of the project. We've been able to save huge sum of money up to 40%!

Check out as many architectural design as possible, use the net, check built up properties until you are comfortable with your design/budget. This is a caveat if you do not want to be redesigning/ changing the rule of the game when you're already on the field playing. This sometimes result into additional/ unplanned expenses.

Use a bill of quantity that is prepared by a professional who knows his onions and is sincere.

Never use contractor recommended by friends or family members without a 2nd and 3rd opinion.

Our initial building contractor wanted to fleece 1.6M off us on just the BQ. My gut feeling $ experience in repairs told me the highly recommended Contractor is Pricey but my Hubby felt what does a woman knows about building until a close friend of his who recently built a house using direct labour also convinced him.

Most quote they will give you will be layered with extra material that you may not need. Even though the contractor will cheat you; aim at reducing the fleecing!
Unfortunately, whether due to naivety or desire to avoid all those formality or distance or even trust I had in the handler(supervisor/architect), I wasn't this organized. But I think the supervisor does all those things
Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by Jarus(m): 9:16am On Oct 21, 2011
sholasys:

Wonderful project you have there. My advice for you in case of next time you "projectized" your project. Sorry my fellow kwarans from your analysis i observed that you dont have a define project plan, definite project scope. You scope creep which increase your project cost, the materials cost analysys was not based on measurement and size but based on estimate and price negotiation. I am happy for u bc u are not complaining and its always like this when your are sending money down for a project. henceforth any material you r buying request for bill of quantity of any project phase eg plastering or painting get like 2 diff type, involve external expert on it to ask question. U will be suprised on how much cost you will reduced. I pray i will start my own soonest like you, jst bought 1 plot at 300k in ilorin few month ago. which area is your site. God bless U
You're spot on. Projectizing it would have saved me more money, I'm just doing it haphazardly. No analysis, no defined plan, even the initial plan was changed many times.
Well, I'm still learning. When I do future ones by God's grace.
Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by Jarus(m): 9:19am On Oct 21, 2011
dayokanu:

Good one Jarus.

I see you are building a home for Jarusat and the little Jaruses grin grin
Atiada, ore. K'olohun ma se wa ni baba eko l'aasan. K'olohun je ka ko ere oko dele o.
Re: Jarus CountryHome - A Journal by Jarus(m): 9:27am On Oct 21, 2011
What is the thickness of this aluminum and the colour?.

Colour is cream. I wanted to use blue before, but I was convinced that I should use cream, that blue is not only too common, but also fades quickly. I reasoned with them.

I don't know the thickness. I don't know all those technical things. He must have told me but I've forgotten. I can always ask. The only technical thing I know is that it's German floor we used.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Cost Of 4 Flats Of 2 Bedroom. / What Is Your Worst Experience With A Landlord Or Landlady? / How Much Will It Cost Me To Roof A 2 Flat Apartment(2bedrm/3bedrm)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.