Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,425 members, 7,819,545 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:52 PM

My Fight With My Landlord - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My Fight With My Landlord (22662 Views)

My Landlord And I / My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment / Legal Advice Needed, My Landlord Just Brought Quit Notice For All Tenants. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Fight With My Landlord by grandstar(m): 7:52pm On Sep 21, 2023
specialofficer

Buy him a befitting gift, one that can soften his heart.

He too was once a young man. He might even have been more troublesome than you.

It could be 2 bottlesof gin and 2 shortbread biscuits.

Jacob sent lots of gifts to soften the heart of his bitter and aggrieved brother and Esau forgave him.

The gift will also caution you next time you might want to declare mental for your landlord.

It might also hold you in higher esteem than others
Re: My Fight With My Landlord by maasoap(m): 9:29pm On Sep 21, 2023
Father4all:
let him serve his nonsense quit notice. You can't tell a member of a family not to enter the house because you dislike one of them. To hell with him and his house
No, don't say to hell with him. Op actually intentionally damaged his property. That alone is enough serve his family quit notice. The landlord is even lenient. Op needs to make move for peace, he knows what to do
Re: My Fight With My Landlord by lendahand(m): 9:37pm On Sep 21, 2023
specialofficer:
I can't arrest the man,he has money, he has more than 5 houses and you know how Nigeria is, na person wey get money dey win case, if we're to leave the compound by quit notice, yeah he'll give us 6 months to leave but the problem now is the house is really good, big parlour, new house, security and all those stuffs, we won't be able to see a house with that standard and price, that's why my people are scared of the quit notice, now another problem is because they're women, it would have been another thing if they were men, they wouldn't be scared.

I know I made a mistake by spoiling the machine, it was just because of anger, but I'm sure the landlord's threat was an empty one but my mum and sis are just scared, the man can't afford to lose 6 months rent, that's over 700k
that threat can be carried out and he will win you in court for damage to property. He can easily refund you the balance and you can't afford to loose that accomodation, your mum won't be happy about that. Find a way to beg him and repair the pump. Next time there are better ways to go about issues like this like turning off the pipe passing through your room. Also note that anger is not something to be proud of.
Re: My Fight With My Landlord by Halo22: 10:34pm On Sep 21, 2023
In as much as I condemn the guys action in causing more damages probably to drag attention of the landlord, let's try to be fair in judging the Niggy. Some landlords are weird and lack regards for their tenants. I have such situation in the house where I'm living currently. The lady in question has complained severally to the landlord about her leaking roof and the landlord kept promising her that it would be fixed. Even after renewing her rent for the year, the man still refused to repair the roof, so when the lady pressured her, I over heard him telling the lady to stop worrying her or let her pack out. Well, I held my nerves from confronting the man cos I hate injustice. Some landlords are just mean.
Re: My Fight With My Landlord by CJStarz: 10:48pm On Sep 21, 2023
Abi o🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
rapheal5:
result of too much asaba movie, u never jam better werey landlord, e go follow join beat the guy comot for him compound, pray make the landlady no be person like mide martins for yoruba movie...

1 Like

Re: My Fight With My Landlord by BennyDGreat: 11:25pm On Sep 21, 2023
sukkot:
the bolded is why they move to cheap countries like thailand and nigeria etc

can i pay 20 mill in rent ? sure if i was earning 3 billion naira a year

Lol. I doubt if there's anyone in Nigeria that earns that much and doesn't have their own property.

Even if they move to that Thailand, they can still buy a house and rent out when they are not staying in the country. When they come back, the house is still theirs and would have appreciated in value.

It's all about thinking long-term.
Re: My Fight With My Landlord by Ajione(m): 12:19am On Sep 22, 2023
First thing go and repair the pumping machine, beg him and if he decide to sent you packing, report him on social media to some powerful Radio OAP activist.
Re: My Fight With My Landlord by ITbomb(m): 8:30am On Sep 22, 2023
Describe again how you take spoil the pump, I wan check something
Re: My Fight With My Landlord by Obnoxious2001(m): 8:32am On Sep 22, 2023
specialofficer:
I have been having some issues in my room, I live with my mum and sister , it's a 3 bedroom flat, we pay 1.4m yearly and we've paid 3 times, last payment was in may.

My landlord increased the pressure point of our water in the compound and now water gas been leaking, pipes got burst in the wall and water has been coming out from walls and pop, I started complaining last month but they didn't do anything about it, it got to a point when the water was too much in my room, I wanted to get my landlords attention so I had to spoil our pumping machine and I brought out all the dirts in our dustbin, I acknowledge my mistakes but it was out of anger.

My landlord confronts me and we got into an argument and we insulted each other, I know i was wrong but if I didn't spoil that pumping machine, the landlord wouldn't have called plumber to repair the issues I was having in my room, I even discovered that i wasn't the only one experiencing such thing, my neighbors too were also having that same issues.

According to my landlord, he said he's not the one collecting money from us, we paid money to agent and if we have any issues we should contact the agent, this particular agent is his elder brother but this my landlord is living in our compound with us, though he has numerous houses.

Now my landlord said he doesn't want to see me again in his compound and has threatened my mum with quit notice, he said it's either I leave the house or my family would leave , he instructed the gateman not to open gate for me again or else he'll sack him. My fellow nairalanders I really need your help, how will I go about this?

Modified; The landlord threatened to call police if he ever sees me in his compound, he said he'll win me in court and it's malicious damage to his property, mind you, there's no evidence that I committed the offence, our gateman was the only eye witness.

Hope you are not owing?
Let your landlord take u to court....

If he gives you quit notice, he has to give you 6months to relocate this is if you are a yearly tenant.
last
Re: My Fight With My Landlord by kwamesd(m): 10:15am On Sep 22, 2023
Don't just express wishes without taking action, my friends.

Some principles apply throughout all of human society.

Your wish: To continue staying in this house.

The landlord's demands: Compensation for damages and vacating his property.

Now, let's think about two questions: Why is he angry? Why does he want you to leave?

He's angry because you didn't notify him in advance when dealing with his property, as the landlord said, you should have approached the agent to address the issue. He wants you to leave because your behavior has damaged his private property without showing the appropriate remorse. He's concerned that you might continue causing damage in the future.

So, what should you do? First, propose compensation to your landlord, even exceeding the original value. Don't worry; you won't be at a loss since you really want to continue living there, right?

Second, express your apologies promptly and provide a written explanation, stating how you will handle similar situations and compensate in the future.

In summary, after doing these, leave the rest to God. Hopefully, your family can peacefully resolve this issue.
Re: My Fight With My Landlord by MzErica(f): 12:55pm On Sep 22, 2023
Kevineleven:
Now he fixed the whatever, Just swallow your pride, buy a bottle of wine and ask for forgiveness.
If he refuses to accept your apology, break his head with the wine, let all hell be loose.

Correct guy. grin

1 Like

Re: My Fight With My Landlord by MrAbufayed: 2:03pm On Sep 22, 2023
Omihanifa:
Guy just settle with him and move on with your life. Nothing dey this life no undecided See mohbad now he don go. Life is too short to be fighting unnecessary battles. Just settle with him.
Mohbad was too simple and thats what killed him,,you tfv

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Genuine Land For Sale @ Alao Akala Way akobo Ibadan WITH PICS,Good Location. / Ocean City In Lagos Inaugurated (Pictures) / Lagos Proposes ‘rent To Own’ Home Policy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.