Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

Truth You Learnt As An Adult - Romance (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Truth You Learnt As An Adult (37208 Views)

What Lesson Have You Learnt From Women? / 3 Important Relationship Lessons I Wish I Learnt As A Young Man / What Is The Biggest Lesson You Learnt From A Past Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by Henry22(m): 4:22pm On Sep 24, 2023
Minding my business is the key to my happiness

7 Likes

Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by TakeNigeriaBack: 4:26pm On Sep 24, 2023
Islam and Christianity are tools of enslavement and destruction of Africa and Africans

3 Likes

Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by timothydare(m): 4:30pm On Sep 24, 2023
Do not over play your role, everyone will be fine without you.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by oladaride359: 4:33pm On Sep 24, 2023
No one is your friend is either you are using them or they are using you.

5 Likes

Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by achimendy(m): 4:45pm On Sep 24, 2023
Samantha124:
That's the thing, I'm not sure because I ate from a restaurant.

Ok. I just hope you're fine now?
Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by Blake755: 4:51pm On Sep 24, 2023
segcymoor:

Everyman for himself..but God for us all

It's an individual matter!
Swear nobody cares until you win
I hope you are winning

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by Nobody: 4:53pm On Sep 24, 2023
I'm a lot better now... smiley smiley smiley
achimendy:

Ok. I just hope you're fine now?
Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by IyaTola: 4:53pm On Sep 24, 2023
Deco7:

Haba. Iyaebe

If you are in your early 20's LEAVE Nigeria now as it will never get better;
Come back to this post once you hit 35yrs
Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by Deco7: 4:55pm On Sep 24, 2023
IyaTola:
Come back to this post once you hit 35yrs

I'm financially comfortable

1 Like

Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by Caleb15(m): 5:02pm On Sep 24, 2023
Last last, everybody go dey alright.

2 Likes

Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by ecstasy37(m): 5:02pm On Sep 24, 2023
As soon as you c*m you come to your senses

9 Likes

Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by IyaTola: 5:02pm On Sep 24, 2023
wink
Deco7:

I'm financially comfortable
Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by Obidikejr(m): 5:10pm On Sep 24, 2023
CaveAdullam:
1. Talk is cheap, action is hard.

2. The majority of humans clamor for freedom. But the price of freedom and individual sovereignty is an expensive price to pay. This makes people settle for mediocre lives, mediocre jobs, and mediocre relationships.

3. Refusal to do the important things with joy when young will be done in shame when old.

4. Don't castigate what you don't understand. Because in few years you may become a partner with it.

5. Humans are altruistic as well as selfish. The side you find them on any day is dependent on their mood.

When situations are light, the altruistic side shines. When it becomes a matter of survival, which is the commonest mode, selfishness goes overboard.

6. If you don't have solid principles you'll be tossed to and fro by every wind that blows.

7. It becomes harder to remain focused and consistent as you age. Because your mind is scattered along many terrains.

8. Hard work is important. But to rise from top to bottom, you'll need a helping hand.

9. It takes one person to change your life for good. Hence, be vigilant with everyone you come across.

Don't squander time and interactions with good and powerful people.

10. Nothing goes for free in this life. If you have nothing of value to exchange nobody will treat you with respect.

11. Instead of begging someone for help, see how you can help them. In doing so, you protect your reputation and dignity. And nobody can shame you for working to earn.

12. Anything right and good your mind is prompting you to do now, do it. Don't postpone it. That's where your fulfillment lies.

13. Stay aloof from people who fail to reciprocate kind gestures.

Reciprocation doesn't need to be equal. At least they should be trusted enough to side with you when you are at the low.

14. If you want to see the burgeoning of good behavior, good deeds, and luminous character, reward people who effuse it.

15. Learn to think in 2, 3, 4... dimensions. Your first and best plan may fail. But having other strategies and options will help you when things become tough.

16. Don't depend on promises and favors. Without it, you'll survive. So, why then have you suspended your survival hoping for it?

17. Disappointment is part of life. You must be prepared and wait for it. This is not pessimism. It's just a little handbook of wisdom.

18. Never fail to express your love to people who love you. Your friends and families. Acting strange with them makes you less than lower animals.

19. Wolves are always in the raiment of sheep. Being a sheep draws them close as they arrive to feast on you. Being a wolverine yourself makes them fear you.

Occupy the paradox as an adult.

Succulently written
Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by franchasofficia: 5:13pm On Sep 24, 2023
Deco7:

So na the best advice you get for us be dis. Obodo Nigerian
It is the same all over the world my dear.

Tell me which rich whiteman you know that haven't had a sex cheating scandal?

Any whiteman that doesn't cheat will be divorcing every few years to marry new wife, that is why their marriage doesn't last. They do their own cheating through multiple divorce and marriage.

Promiscuity is a weakness in all men that they need special grace of God to overcome
Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by officialfestus(m): 5:21pm On Sep 24, 2023
CaveAdullam:

2. The majority of humans clamor for freedom. But the price of freedom and individual sovereignty is an expensive price to pay. This makes people settle for mediocre lives, mediocre jobs, and mediocre relationships.

3. Refusal to do the important things with joy when young will be done in shame when old.

4. Don't castigate what you don't understand. Because in few years you may become a partner with it.

5. Humans are altruistic as well as selfish. The side you find them on any day is dependent on their mood.

When situations are light, the altruistic side shines. When it becomes a matter of survival, which is the commonest mode, selfishness goes overboard.

6. If you don't have solid principles you'll be tossed to and fro by every wind that blows.

7. It becomes harder to remain focused and consistent as you age. Because your mind is scattered along many terrains.

8. Hard work is important. But to rise from top to bottom, you'll need a helping hand.

9. It takes one person to change your life for good. Hence, be vigilant with everyone you come across.

10. Nothing goes for free in this life. If you have nothing of value to exchange nobody will treat you with respect.

11. Instead of begging someone for help, see how you can help them. In doing so, you protect your reputation and dignity. And nobody can shame you for working to earn.

12. Anything right and good your mind is prompting you to do now, do it. Don't postpone it. That's where your fulfillment lies.

Reciprocation doesn't need to be equal. At least they should be trusted enough to side with you when you are at the low.

14. If you want to see the burgeoning of good behavior, good deeds, and luminous character, reward people who effuse it.

15. Learn to think in 2, 3, 4... dimensions. Your first and best plan may fail. But having other strategies and options will help you when things become tough.

16. Don't depend on promises and favors. Without it, you'll survive. So, why then have you suspended your survival hoping for it?

17. Disappointment is part of life. You must be prepared and wait for it. This is not pessimism. It's just a little handbook of wisdom.

18. Never fail to express your love to people who love you. Your friends and families. Acting strange with them makes you less than lower animals.

19. Wolves are always in the raiment of sheep. Being a sheep draws them close as they arrive to feast on you. Being a wolverine yourself makes them fear you.

Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by Deco7: 5:24pm On Sep 24, 2023
franchasofficia:
It is the same all over the world my dear.

Tell me which rich whiteman you know that haven't had a sex cheating scandal?

Any whiteman that doesn't cheat will be divorcing every few years to marry new wife, that is why their marriage doesn't last. They do their own cheating through multiple divorce and marriage.

Promiscuity is a weakness in all men that they need special grace of God to overcome

How you dey overcome yours grin Oya do give away. Tell us for free
Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by JhyMedex: 5:30pm On Sep 24, 2023
CaveAdullam:

So many beautiful insights

3 Likes

Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by mrfizy(m): 5:38pm On Sep 24, 2023
God gives hope and only hope alone,all men are born for themselves.
Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by ALABACONNECT(m): 5:49pm On Sep 24, 2023
We are all bad people
Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by dhope: 5:54pm On Sep 24, 2023
DND069:
There is no KARMA. Evil people prevail, even their generations still excel.
Una sit-down there to deceive urself

2 Likes

Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by blackboy(m): 5:57pm On Sep 24, 2023
Death is real. Chasing girls, spending time and money of dressing na all vanity. Prepare to meet God.

4 Likes

Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by selmann(m): 5:59pm On Sep 24, 2023
Deco7:

Find people who post stuffs on social media follow as many as possible and read up and stuvs they post. They lies your way out
aiit.
thanks alot
Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by Oluwadarasimi19(m): 6:02pm On Sep 24, 2023
Relationships do not happen naturally. You have to be intentional about building it.

4 Likes

Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by Farfalla(f): 6:11pm On Sep 24, 2023
1. Keep your life very private.
2. Minding your business wards off busy-bodies.
3. Just because a pastor or an imam said it, doesn't make it truthful or right.
4. Also connected to no. 3 above, do challenge those pastors who use their authority to try and manipulate you. Pastors are just human. Challenge them respectfully. Say 'no' to things you don't want to do.
5. Try to learn the language of every place you inhabit.
6. Do all you can to learn the language of your spouse.
7. Take care of your parents.
8. Take care of your spouse's parents like you would your own.
9. Money is not everything but it is very important.
10. Cut off toxic people.
11. Silence is a response.
12. Nothing beats your peace of mind.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by Meditation01(m): 6:16pm On Sep 24, 2023
Study physics,biology,chemistry, microeconomics,engineering etc

1 Like

Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by Fujiyama: 6:41pm On Sep 24, 2023
Real lessons for living on this thread.

1 Like

Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by aydgov: 6:54pm On Sep 24, 2023
FOLLOW THE FOLLOWING RULES:
* BELIEVE THERE'S NO PERFECTION HERE ON EARTH
* BE PRAYERFUL
* ALWAYS REMEMBER THAT CONFIDENCE IN HUMAN IS AUTOMATIC VANITY
* DO YOUR UTMOST BEST & RELEASE THE REST
* SERVE GOD IN A SPECIAL WAY
* LASTLY, HUSTLE SMARTLY

2 Likes

Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by Farfalla(f): 7:07pm On Sep 24, 2023
Lostchild:

Women feed their soul via the attention of men. They will hate you if you don't give them attention.

This lie had been propagated and regurgitated so many times, but I'm yet to meet a woman who hates a man because she gets no attention from him.

1 Like

Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by chinos20(m): 7:09pm On Sep 24, 2023
Everything is nothing
Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by kingkelvin2033: 7:28pm On Sep 24, 2023
Reading 48 laws of power literally changed my life.

it saved my life and I am a better citizen.

it's a secret tome of the hardest truths I would have used in responding to this post.

Read it and ALL will be explained

1 Like

Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by Daniellano: 7:30pm On Sep 24, 2023
I have seen a lot of people(friends) blaming their father, family or people around them for their current condition, I have come to understand that we must take responsibility for our choices, actions, and consequences. Blaming others or external circumstances is often not a productive way to approach challenges. Happy Sunday

3 Likes

Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by bigsmoke2(m): 7:36pm On Sep 24, 2023
All that glitters is not gold

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

The Guy Code (no Women, Girls, Ladies, Maidens, Or Hoes Allowed) / Hilarious Naija Break Up Lines / Ladies, Tell Us The Unthinkable Thing A Guy Has Done To Get Ur Attention.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.