Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,612 members, 7,813,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:34 AM

Truth You Learnt As An Adult - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Truth You Learnt As An Adult (37119 Views)

What Lesson Have You Learnt From Women? / 3 Important Relationship Lessons I Wish I Learnt As A Young Man / What Is The Biggest Lesson You Learnt From A Past Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by ppogba: 2:27pm On Sep 24, 2023
Twenty years from now, you will remember those things you ought to do that you failed to do.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by Paragon22: 2:30pm On Sep 24, 2023
Chingyyy878:
What’s the hardest truth you have learnt as an adult?

God gave me life, gave me a brain, gave me abilities, so I don't have any reason to fail. Cos if I do, God is not to be blamed.

Secondly, I've come to realize that we need these four things in life.

1- we need money
2- we need power (position of authority) or someone in power
3- we need people (connection)
4- we need God

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by XploraBen(m): 2:32pm On Sep 24, 2023
I have picked some wisdom nuggets from the posts of some folks here.

Here are a few of mine:

➡️Age is just a number.
What you're trying to achieve at 32, a lad somewhere has achieved it at 23.

➡️Whatever you have been able to achieve is just a privilege. Remain humble. And if you choose not to be humble, life or death will humble you.

➡️Be your real self, don't live to impress anyone.

➡️If you are not born into a rich or well-to-do family as a man, you have an uphill task of ensuring your family will not be rooted in poverty.

I picked something from @CaveAdullam post:
"Hardwork is important. But you need a helping hand."✅

12 Likes

Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by Walehelt(m): 2:37pm On Sep 24, 2023
virginboy1:

This is very deep!!!
Bro, naso e be o
Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by sunboy(m): 2:38pm On Sep 24, 2023
You are on your own.

No one truly cares, not even family members.

Take care of yourself first before others.

Timing is very important, don’t rush anything.

4 Likes

Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by DonroxyII: 2:38pm On Sep 24, 2023
LoneWolf200:

@Donoxyll, This is beyond earthly realm & very deep!!! Boss!!!

Lol, Na Heavenly Ooo ... cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by virginboy1(m): 2:38pm On Sep 24, 2023
CaveAdullam:
1. Talk is cheap, action is hard.

2. The majority of humans clamor for freedom. But the price of freedom and individual sovereignty is an expensive price to pay. This makes people settle for mediocre lives, mediocre jobs, and mediocre relationships.

3. Refusal to do the important things with joy when young will be done in shame when old.

4. Don't castigate what you don't understand. Because in few years you may become a partner with it.

5. Humans are altruistic as well as selfish. The side you find them on any day is dependent on their mood.

When situations are light, the altruistic side shines. When it becomes a matter of survival, which is the commonest mode, selfishness goes overboard.

6. If you don't have solid principles you'll be tossed to and fro by every wind that blows.

7. It becomes harder to remain focused and consistent as you age. Because your mind is scattered along many terrains.

8. Hard work is important. But to rise from top to bottom, you'll need a helping hand.

9. It takes one person to change your life for good. Hence, be vigilant with everyone you come across.

Don't squander time and interactions with good and powerful people.

10. Nothing goes for free in this life. If you have nothing of value to exchange nobody will treat you with respect.

11. Instead of begging someone for help, see how you can help them. In doing so, you protect your reputation and dignity. And nobody can shame you for working to earn.

12. Anything right and good your mind is prompting you to do now, do it. Don't postpone it. That's where your fulfillment lies.

13. Stay aloof from people who fail to reciprocate kind gestures.

Reciprocation doesn't need to be equal. At least they should be trusted enough to side with you when you are at the low.

14. If you want to see the burgeoning of good behavior, good deeds, and luminous character, reward people who effuse it.

15. Learn to think in 2, 3, 4... dimensions. Your first and best plan may fail. But having other strategies and options will help you when things become tough.

16. Don't depend on promises and favors. Without it, you'll survive. So, why then have you suspended your survival hoping for it?

17. Disappointment is part of life. You must be prepared and wait for it. This is not pessimism. It's just a little handbook of wisdom.

18. Never fail to express your love to people who love you. Your friends and families. Acting strange with them makes you less than lower animals.

19. Wolves are always in the raiment of sheep. Being a sheep draws them close as they arrive to feast on you. Being a wolverine yourself makes them fear you.

Occupy the paradox as an adult.

You ought to be a professor...."wow"

3 Likes

Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by Juniorangel(m): 2:39pm On Sep 24, 2023
Adulthood na Scam...

3 Likes

Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by oneman2k7: 2:41pm On Sep 24, 2023
We play too much on nairaland not knowing that these people are full of wisdom and understanding.

Kudos guys, I learnt alot

15 Likes

Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by Deco7: 2:42pm On Sep 24, 2023
franchasofficia:
As a lady, before you desire to marry a rich man, also have it in mind that you will share him with other women lipsrsealed

So na the best advice you get for us be dis. Obodo Nigerian

1 Like

Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by frankson1(m): 2:43pm On Sep 24, 2023
Samantha124:
But you said you don't enjoy eating with someone... grin grin grin

Yeah, for now, I don't and not just food.
Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by Pokka5(m): 2:45pm On Sep 24, 2023
Don't go against your guidians teaching.
Respect for the one's olderthan u, n avoid any sexual pleasure b4 marriage

3 Likes

Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by Wizardslayer: 2:46pm On Sep 24, 2023
sotall:
lipsrsealed

That the major religions Islam and Christianity are scams.

A fact i wish i had known since i was a child.
I'd love not to comment, but u ve caught me off guard with your write up. Your personal relationship with God is what matters, forget about pastors them and imams.

I came to realize one day that all we do in life amount to absolute and total vanity. It became so clear to me that life is a total mystery and almost equal to nothingness. No matter what you think you have and have acquired, it doesn't matter who you think you are, you'll end up a carcass, death and rotten one day. It's just a matter of when and how you'll die.

Some people did not learn anything from what happen to mohbad and all that happens the day he was exhumed. Live your life as everyday will be your last on these goddamned forsaken planet.

2 Likes

Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by Nobody: 2:46pm On Sep 24, 2023
If I knew you personally, I was gonna deliberately come to your house frequently and claim that I'm hungry even when I'm not, just to get on your nerves... grin grin grin
frankson1:

Yeah, for now, I don't and not just food.
Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by 0taPiaPia(m): 2:48pm On Sep 24, 2023
OnlyFiction:
The Hardest truth is to Fear woman

Like the story of Yul Edochie if it was in the bible it will look like this.

FEAR WOMAN CHAPTER 1--4

There was a great thespian from the east state of Anambra whose name was Pete the son of Edochie. He was a mighty man who stood many feets above the earth and his voice was like the sound of a hundred lions. The hair on his scalp was the same number as the hair on his chin and his carriage was like the rulers of old. For this reason the people of his own time called him Ebube the son of Dike so that it may be fufilled as it was written by the prophets that; 'A lion king shall throd the earth with the face of a man.'
The man went into own town and took for himself a wife by the name Josephine and behold the Lord had blessed their union for she had given him five sons and one fair maiden for a daughter, and their names were Leo who was the first from his loins and Uche and Linc and Gene and the fifth who was the woman, and the sixth whose name was Yul.
Behold, the hand of the lord rested upon the last seed by the name Yul. And a voice had said unto him 'Like your father you are also annointed, and a great thespian you shall also become. But one thing is sure, learn to be afraid of the woman. But he was only a child, hence he had squeezed his face and asked; 'What meaneth these things? And from where should I seek counsel about the knowledge of women for I am far too young?' But like Samuel without an Eli there was no one to ask.

You are good. I read all through

1 Like

Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by virginboy1(m): 2:48pm On Sep 24, 2023
UncleKoboko:
1, A SLÚT, wayward girl, whóre or olosho will forever be OLOSHŌ.
They never change.
What usually seem to change them is conditioning (marriage, having a child etc)
Most times when circumstances change again, they will go back to their old ways.

2, Never trust anything that comes out ot a NON-VIRGIN girl's mouth, as regards her sexual history and past. They lie 99.99% of times.

3, Women have pattern behaviours.
If she's cheated in the past, she will always cheat again.
A girl that you snatched from someone or that left someone for you, CAN ALWAYS LEAVE YOU FOR SOMEONE or will still leave you for someone else.
She can never be a loyal or committed partner.

4, If you didn't marry her as a virgin
PLEASE DO DNA TEST ON YOUR CHILDREN.
Even if you married her as and you notice or suspect misbehaviour or waywardness, PLEASE STILL DO DNA TEST. DNA TEST IS NO LONGER AS EXPENSIVE AS IT USED TO BE.

5, A woman with good morals, decent and modesty and with average looks is far more VALUABLE AND A GOOD ASSET THAN THE MOST BEAUTIFUL WOMAN IN THE WORLD FOR A PARTNER.

6, IF YOU WON'T LIKE YOUR DAUGHTER TO BE LIKE HER, SHE IS NOT A GOOD PERSON TO BE THE MOTHER OF YOUR CHILDREN.

7, People's past matters a lot and we should always Judge people by their past.
The law judge people by their past (actions)
Your cv is your past to get jobs
Banks will judge you by your past before giving you the next loan...
Even God will judge us by our past at the end of life.
But for you here on earth, one cunny and mischievous girl will tell you not to judge her by her past after living a useless and wayward life and you'll think she has a point grin grin grin

Hahahahahaha they are coming for you... grin

But that was deep...hahahaha
Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by Illegal1(m): 2:52pm On Sep 24, 2023
nigmarelli:

Greetings o! Omo no be lie o when they are united and focused without all the eye division and tribalism; see serious words on marble!

omoh........the tin shock me i swr

1 Like

Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by Iagos: 2:53pm On Sep 24, 2023
DND069:
There is no KARMA. Evil people prevail, even their generations still excel.

2 bad. But true
Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by dododawa1: 2:58pm On Sep 24, 2023
Suffering is not permanent

4 Likes

Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by Raypawer(m): 3:01pm On Sep 24, 2023
This hits hard!
Walehelt:
You will never run out of women

You will run out of time
Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by selmann(m): 3:01pm On Sep 24, 2023
haphizz57:
To be rich is not by hardwork
Not everyone had the opportunity to be enlightened earlier in life.
Please I need the knowledge what can one do with his brains to make it easy just as God made it to be.
Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by zhirkovrado(m): 3:02pm On Sep 24, 2023
[quote author=MindHacker9009 post=125989699][/quote
Lol! So you think life is all about the physical??
Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by samology2000: 3:03pm On Sep 24, 2023
The POST has put a smile on my face. May God bless us all...

7 Likes

Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by Deco7: 3:03pm On Sep 24, 2023
selmann:
Not everyone had the opportunity to be enlightened earlier in life.
Please I need the knowledge what can one do with his brains to make it easy just as God made it to be.

You have to take information people will bring to you serious. The first way God blesses is He sends people. The second way is the people will bring you information. If you open yourself to both, you'll experience exponential blessings of God later on, it won't be fast, take note.

1 Like

Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by Isyakuadamu(m): 3:05pm On Sep 24, 2023
That Jesus is not begotten son of God

1 Like

Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by samology2000: 3:07pm On Sep 24, 2023
CaveAdullam:
1. Talk is cheap, action is hard.

2. The majority of humans clamor for freedom. But the price of freedom and individual sovereignty is an expensive price to pay. This makes people settle for mediocre lives, mediocre jobs, and mediocre relationships.

3. Refusal to do the important things with joy when young will be done in shame when old.

4. Don't castigate what you don't understand. Because in few years you may become a partner with it.

5. Humans are altruistic as well as selfish. The side you find them on any day is dependent on their mood.

When situations are light, the altruistic side shines. When it becomes a matter of survival, which is the commonest mode, selfishness goes overboard.

6. If you don't have solid principles you'll be tossed to and fro by every wind that blows.

7. It becomes harder to remain focused and consistent as you age. Because your mind is scattered along many terrains.

8. Hard work is important. But to rise from top to bottom, you'll need a helping hand.

9. It takes one person to change your life for good. Hence, be vigilant with everyone you come across.

Don't squander time and interactions with good and powerful people.

10. Nothing goes for free in this life. If you have nothing of value to exchange nobody will treat you with respect.

11. Instead of begging someone for help, see how you can help them. In doing so, you protect your reputation and dignity. And nobody can shame you for working to earn.

12. Anything right and good your mind is prompting you to do now, do it. Don't postpone it. That's where your fulfillment lies.

13. Stay aloof from people who fail to reciprocate kind gestures.

Reciprocation doesn't need to be equal. At least they should be trusted enough to side with you when you are at the low.

14. If you want to see the burgeoning of good behavior, good deeds, and luminous character, reward people who effuse it.

15. Learn to think in 2, 3, 4... dimensions. Your first and best plan may fail. But having other strategies and options will help you when things become tough.

16. Don't depend on promises and favors. Without it, you'll survive. So, why then have you suspended your survival hoping for it?

17. Disappointment is part of life. You must be prepared and wait for it. This is not pessimism. It's just a little handbook of wisdom.

18. Never fail to express your love to people who love you. Your friends and families. Acting strange with them makes you less than lower animals.

19. Wolves are always in the raiment of sheep. Being a sheep draws them close as they arrive to feast on you. Being a wolverine yourself makes them fear you.

Occupy the paradox as an adult.

This must have been revealed to you by God almighty.
You are blessed
Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by kapelvej: 3:07pm On Sep 24, 2023
pansophist:
Negotiations are just what we engage in to flavor our animalistic nature. Because a step below that is basically the law of the jungle.

So for example, as a country signs treaties and enacts UN laws, it still maintains a large military to fight off invaders, because the documents countries are signing are not what protects them, but their ability to fight if the other party breaks it.

Or when a bank is giving you a loan, and you both sign documents, but the banks make sure they have collateral worth more than the loan they give, so when you default, they won't lose.

So as you are entering any agreement/negotiations, make sure that when shit hits the fan, you do not lose, and that your strength is in you, not in the documents you are signing.

Common, who says there are no intelligent people on nairaland. Nice one.
This same principle apply in marriage. let your spouse know that you can always walk away anytime, by that awareness, every one maitains peace and be at their best behaviour always

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by Deco7: 3:09pm On Sep 24, 2023
Isyakuadamu:
That Jesus is not begotten son of God

Are you God to chose whom He chose to be His adopted son. Smh, stay away from weed before you run mad

4 Likes

Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by ShaqFu: 3:14pm On Sep 24, 2023
Jesus wasn't born on Dec 25.

2 Likes

Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by Blakjewelry(m): 3:14pm On Sep 24, 2023
Xcelinteriors:
In life I have learnt so many lessons
1. Do not trust anybody especially your family
2. You need more than love to have a successful marriage. It takes more of respect and forgiveness
3. Don't look onto anyone for help except God. God is the only one that can genuinely help
4. Self love is very important
5. Always love others but don't let them see you as a coward/weakling
Not married but I learned a long time ago that one of the power ingredients for a successful marriage is respect for each other.

1 Like

Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by SirGod: 3:18pm On Sep 24, 2023
I learnt alot. But above all; fear God, keep his commandment and finally remember Afterlife.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

The Wooing Challenge SEASON 3 [Ladies Pick Your Men] / My Girlfriend Keeps Showing Me Chats Of A Guy Asking Her Out. / My Ex Is Threatening Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.