Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,738 members, 7,813,424 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:11 PM

Truth You Learnt As An Adult - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Truth You Learnt As An Adult (37124 Views)

What Lesson Have You Learnt From Women? / 3 Important Relationship Lessons I Wish I Learnt As A Young Man / What Is The Biggest Lesson You Learnt From A Past Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by A305: 10:50am On Sep 24, 2023
*Life is game, Ain't no referee but some people try to make God their refree, others rely on the government and legal system.

*Majority of women treat men as a job, when the job is no longer paying enough or worth her time investment, she moves to a better job or for a higher pay.

*listen son! There is no such thing as permeant best friends or worse enemies. The only thing permanent is "interest".

This applies both in interpersonal relationship, social relationship, politics, business and geo-politics.

*If you don't use someone, someone will use you.

*There are forces/laws that should never be underestimated or neglected:

1-The forces of market demand and supply.
2-The pull of gravity.
3-The second law of thermodynamics and Entropy.
4-The libido for sex.

*Morality is subjected to emotions and change.

*People have a tendency to act in ways they have already acted, so never ignore a red flag behavior in anyone, the first time they acted in a certain way.

*Marriage is social construct and unnatural.

*Evolution does not support Intelligence.

*God and Religion as a whole, is an ever receding pocket of ignorance, and it will keeps receding as you gain more knowledge, self awareness and education.

*It's an incestuous relationship between the bank, government and big corporation.

*Citizens are the product government sell for the price of worthless election promises.

*Reality is savage and violent due to social imbalance.

*Death might just be the greatest of all human blessings.

*This is very important — If you cut down on execessive sugar consumption, the odds for you living a healthy life into your old age is very possible.

44 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by thesicilian: 10:50am On Sep 24, 2023
Nobody cares

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by kunkelhanspeter(m): 10:50am On Sep 24, 2023
Nobody is coming to help you bro
You have to carry your cross yourself.

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by cigaricon(m): 10:50am On Sep 24, 2023
Never mix emotion with business

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by Eberex(m): 10:51am On Sep 24, 2023
Life is fair to some people and unfair to some.
Pray you are on those it favors.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by Zuckembego: 10:51am On Sep 24, 2023
All human beings are hypocrites

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by MichaelSokoto(m): 10:51am On Sep 24, 2023
avoid helping a damaged person get back on their feet if u urself don't have time 4 urself!

cool

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by kunkelhanspeter(m): 10:52am On Sep 24, 2023
DND069:
There is no KARMA. Evil people prevail, even their generations still excel.
Bitter truth
That the reason why slave trade lasted for so many years and all the slave owners are doing well in live today.

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by SeriouslySense(m): 10:52am On Sep 24, 2023
Good smiley smiley
CaveAdullam:
1. Talk is cheap, action is hard.

2. The majority of humans clamor for freedom. But the price of freedom and individual sovereignty is an expensive price to pay. This makes people settle for mediocre lives, mediocre jobs, and mediocre relationships.

3. Refusal to do the important things with joy when young will be done in shame when old.

4. Don't castigate what you don't understand. Because in few years you may become a partner with it.

5. Humans are altruistic as well as selfish. The side you find them on any day is dependent on their mood.

When situations are light, the altruistic side shines. When it becomes a matter of survival, which is the commonest mode, selfishness goes overboard.

6. If you don't have solid principles you'll be tossed to and fro by every wind that blows.

7. It becomes harder to remain focused and consistent as you age. Because your mind is scattered along many terrains.

8. Hard work is important. But to rise from top to bottom, you'll need a helping hand.

9. It takes one person to change your life for good. Hence, be vigilant with everyone you come across.

Don't squander time and interactions with good and powerful people.

10. Nothing goes for free in this life. If you have nothing of value to exchange nobody will treat you with respect.

11. Instead of begging someone for help, see how you can help them. In doing so, you protect your reputation and dignity. And nobody can shame you for working to earn.

12. Anything right and good your mind is prompting you to do now, do it. Don't postpone it. That's where your fulfillment lies.

13. Stay aloof from people who fail to reciprocate kind gestures.

Reciprocation doesn't need to be equal. At least they should be trusted enough to side with you when you are at the low.

14. If you want to see the burgeoning of good behavior, good deeds, and luminous character, reward people who effuse it.

15. Learn to think in 2, 3, 4... dimensions. Your first and best plan may fail. But having other strategies and options will help you when things become tough.

16. Don't depend on promises and favors. Without it, you'll survive. So, why then have you suspended your survival hoping for it?

17. Disappointment is part of life. You must be prepared and wait for it. This is not pessimism. It's just a little handbook of wisdom.

18. Never fail to express your love to people who love you. Your friends and families. Acting strange with them makes you less than lower animals.

19. Wolves are always in the raiment of sheep. Being a sheep draws them close as they arrive to feast on you. Being a wolverine yourself makes them fear you.

Occupy the paradox as an adult.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by SirLakes: 10:53am On Sep 24, 2023
As an adult male, tame your dick so it doesn't destroy you

Fear women in the morning, afternoon and night.

Oluwa a wa pelu e grin

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by blingxx(m): 10:53am On Sep 24, 2023
Drake once said more money more problem" money can't really take away your problems, get used to your problem because it's part of you, IT IS WHAT IT IS

18 Likes

Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by Ashawoman82: 10:53am On Sep 24, 2023
If u no get money, nobody send u, even family...

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by virginboy1(m): 10:54am On Sep 24, 2023
*That as a man, there is nothing like unconditional love for up....You just need to strive so hard to attain a level of high value.
*That men and women are never equal and can never be equal in every ramification.
*That fact that you went to school does not mean you will be having a good life.
*That many people only wants to be your friend because of the value or benefits they will attain from you...
*That most religions people in my country are hypocrites.
*That coming from a very good family is a blessing

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by icedbreez(m): 10:54am On Sep 24, 2023
Marry who is compatible with you,

someone who will stick with you, pray for you during hard times.

Not fine face or big bum.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by Zeus039(m): 10:55am On Sep 24, 2023
God can't save you
Do what you can and live life to the fullest

8 Likes

Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by Eriokanmi: 10:55am On Sep 24, 2023
Don't stop taking risks as a businessman/adult. Only those who do so excel in life. Invest in yourself. Attend conferences relevant to your field abroad, instead of splashing money on cars and luxuries that fade with time. At conferences lie opportunities, which can take you places and make you for life. There are manufacturers and investors who are looking for agents and partners in the foreign markets. You could be one of the opportunistic beings they'd want to partner with and give all the necessary support. They're afraid of penetrating foreign markets due fear of the unknown but always comfortable having reliable partners in foreign markets.

80% of successful SMEs in Nigeria today don't joke with this. No be everybody dey make money via politics rather, politicians need them to fund their campaigns. These exhibitors at conferences are the people you can't ordinarily reach in their countries without observing protocols, applying for visa, spending money on flight tickets and pay hotel bills before you can meet with them...you'd be able to see all of them under same roof, exhibiting.

That single connection I made at Anaheim, Ca. some years ago had taken me to meet with Barak Obama at the DAR Hall, near the white House in DC. I had also met Tony Blair after his tenure as UK PM. I never dreamt of it.

Please don't always spend all you have on frivolities. I had a friend who had been refused Canadian visa 8 times before finally granted. Today, he owns a mid level logistics company in Canada and Nigeria. He has fleet of trucks in Nigeria. He didn't buy a car even though he had the money to buy one back then. He always spent his money on travels and conferences. Today, he can build any house in any area and buy any car of choice.

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by Etosha: 10:56am On Sep 24, 2023
* That you are what you think about most of the time.
*That every problem comes with its own solution.
* That you can only see the solution when you are not panicking or complaining.
* That the elements and the entire universe don't support those who complain.
* Your mind is the most powerful tool next to God in the issue of success.
* That wealth and prosperity can be achieved regardless of environment.
*That some problems have a way of resolving themselves if only you are bold enough to ignore them.
* That your good nature can ruin you if you don't use it with care.

53 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by tete7000(m): 10:56am On Sep 24, 2023
That life is not a bed of roses, that even after you got good qualification, nothing automatically falls on your lap, you have to toil and work hard every inch of the way. Ojo iku l'ojo isinmi, we only rest when we die, and I mean die in God which makes even dying complicated.

13 Likes

Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by FahBuLous: 10:56am On Sep 24, 2023
Family is not by blood, it could be that nigga next door.

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by Bbgbs23: 10:57am On Sep 24, 2023
Nobody truly cares.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by papapchi(m): 10:57am On Sep 24, 2023
that jesus died and rasurate the 3rd day.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by Eriokanmi: 10:57am On Sep 24, 2023
Zeus039:
God can't save you
Do what you can and live life to the fullest
This is a recipe for suicide. I hope people wouldn't tread such a dangerous path

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by libertyfather(m): 10:58am On Sep 24, 2023
see this u just type is 1k1% fact, wish a thread is open for it to emphasis seriously on
DND069:
There is no KARMA. Evil people prevail, even their generations still excel.

5 Likes

Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by Hotfreezing: 10:58am On Sep 24, 2023
At the end of it all, you're alone. Only you, just you

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by OnlyFiction: 10:58am On Sep 24, 2023
The Hardest truth is to Fear woman

Like the story of Yul Edochie if it was in the bible it will look like this.

FEAR WOMAN CHAPTER 1--4

There was a great thespian from the east state of Anambra whose name was Pete the son of Edochie. He was a mighty man who stood many feets above the earth and his voice was like the sound of a hundred lions. The hair on his scalp was the same number as the hair on his chin and his carriage was like the rulers of old. For this reason the people of his own time called him Ebube the son of Dike so that it may be fufilled as it was written by the prophets that; 'A lion king shall throd the earth with the face of a man.'
The man went into his own town and took for himself a wife by the name Josephine and behold the Lord had blessed their union for she had given him five sons and one fair maiden for a daughter, and their names were Leo who was the first from his loins and Uche and Linc and Gene and the fifth who was the woman, and the sixth whose name was Yul.
Behold, the hand of the lord rested upon the last seed by the name Yul. And a voice had said unto him 'Like your father you are also annointed, and a great thespian you shall also become. But one thing is sure, learn to be afraid of the woman. But he was only a child, hence he had squeezed his face and asked; 'What meaneth these things? And from where should I seek counsel about the knowledge of women for I am far too young?' But like Samuel without an Eli there was no one to ask.

Many years later, as it was written the man Yul waxed stronger and became indeed very great like his father, so that it may be fufilled as it was written that; 'Behold from a lion another lion shall come.'
His fame spread like the harmattan fire.
The men hailed him with name Odogwu and the young women adored the sound of his voice, and every household in the country blessed the breasts he had from sucked from and the loins that had bore him.
Like his father the man yul had also taken a wife at an early age.and her name was Mary the daughter of Adigwe, and their union were also blessed with sons.
And it came to pass that when Yul moved about from the tabernacle to his workplace and to the open streets a great giant woman with a veil over her face desired him strongly. And she had said to herself with a soft voice' I want him to be my Odogwu and I want to be his Ijele, how this would happen I do not know. But I shall make prayers with my breasts, and wherever he goes, there I shall be also.
The name of this woman was Judy the daughter of Austin.

Not too far long after this a news-monger rented her clothes and beat an instrument in the market square, it was hard to tell the gender of this news monger for she spake with the voice of a woman but bore the name of man which was Oba. However everyone called her by the name gist the daughter of lover because her form was more like a woman. The instrument on her palms had the power to summon a million ears along the length of the world. And lo Gistlover spoke a parable saying; _'The husband of another has defiled the wife of another and out of this union glory will become ridicule. A lion will manifest as a stray dog. And an Odogwu shall become Odiegwu.'
And the people spake silently and asked of themselves hasty questions saying; 'What is this bitter thing lthat proceedeth out of this news monger's mouth for she speaketh inciteful words against the name of our beloved Yul. For who is he that speaketh a thing and it cometh to pass when the Lord has not said it. Our own Odogwu shall not become Odiegwu.' And the host of the people turned around in unison to chastise and throw harsh words at Gistlover and curse at her with the venom of the mouth.
After this they said to themselves; 'It is good that that we wait for the mouth of Yul. For only he can calm this storm and his words would be like nourishment to our souls.

The people waited and waited but the mouth of Yul had not opened. It came to pass After many weeks, Yul had gone to the tabernacle with a lady in a veil and said to the priest: 'Annoint her for I would love to take her for a second wife.' And then priest beckoned on him and asked; 'Where is thy Father and his blessing?' [/i]and he responded with a small voice; [i]'He is not here, or am I my father's keeper?'
And the priest pressed on to ask about his mother and siblings and first wife; and his response was the same. None of the host of his family was there.
Now when gistlover heard this she cried even louder in the market square saying; Did I not say this did I not prophecy? Now I declare again that this woman shall make this man depart from the path of his career and an Odiegwu he shall become, oh blessed the lord for he has not left his servant without a witness.' And when the people heard this they became divided amongst themselves. Some said[i] 'Our father Abraham was also a polygamist and even the host of our forefathers, there is nothing wrong with it.'[/i] But the others spoke in humbled voices saying[i] 'we no longer know what to believe and why had he not sought his father's blessing but what about the wife and seeds of his youth?'[/i]but there was no answer for this people.
During this time there was a back and forth exchange between the man and those who once loved him, And many more wrote letters of mockery at him but nothing much else had being said.
After some passage of time the first seed of the man Yul had perished in adolescence, and the whole country wore a sober face and his mockers had refrained and joined a congregation of other well wishers to mourn and rub themselves with ashes.
However like a dream of the night and in less than five months, the man Yul had gone out into the outskirts of city accompanied by his new wife Judy the daughter of Austin on his left hand, both of them singing happy songs of Thanksgiving while the world marvelled in disbelief saying[i] 'To which God do these people make their praises and what is the cause of thy adoration? for it is not too long ago that the strength of your right arm just perished In childhood, oh what manner of man is this?'[/i] And then as if that was not enough, the thespian yul had transformed from a thespian to a maker of skits and then to a rapper and then to a Pastor and then to a boy to Bola the son of Tinubu, as prophesied by gist the daughter of lover.

And his Mockers had immediately multiplied across the country and a hundred thousand women composed songs of shame unto him saying 'Two giant breasts have indeed ruined a great destiny and an Odogwu has indeed become an Odiegwu as it was written. For like Samson had fallen in the laps of Delilah so also has this man's career in the laps of a strange woman.' And a wise man who watched all this from a corner spoke a strange parable saying 'Fear is the principal thing, and in all thy fearing fear the strange woman's buttom.'

Looking For A Ghostwriter? I can generate 3-5k Words of Fiction daily, on any given genre. I also write Trendy Fun stories about celebs In Anglian English to attract readers and Future clients. Some of my fun works below.
For direct contact the number is 070 65 99 99 26

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by YoobaNesan: 10:58am On Sep 24, 2023
grin

1 Like

Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by correctguy101(m): 10:59am On Sep 24, 2023
pansophist:
Negotiations are just what we engage in to flavor our animalistic nature. Because a step below that is basically the law of the jungle.

So for example, as a country signs treaties and enacts UN laws, it still maintains a large military to fight off invaders, because the documents countries are signing are not what protects them, but their ability to fight if the other party breaks it.

Or when a bank is giving you a loan, and you both sign documents, but the banks make sure they have collateral worth more than the loan they give, so when you default, they won't lose.

So as you are entering any agreement/negotiations, make sure that when shit hits the fan, you do not lose, and that your strength is in you, not in the documents you are signing.

Wise talk.

The power to cause destruction is all that matters. People only respect and fear your damage potential.

All in all, it's still all a jungle of some sort.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by haphizz57(m): 10:59am On Sep 24, 2023
To be rich is not by hardwork

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by Exceed15: 10:59am On Sep 24, 2023
Being too kind can land you in big regrettable situation. Stop being too nice.

61 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by efeski(m): 11:00am On Sep 24, 2023
More often than not Adulthood issa scam

1 Like

Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by holina: 11:00am On Sep 24, 2023
https:///+XzC0gEzM_IJkMDQ0

JOIN THIS TELEGRAM group with this LINK FOR FREEBIES AND GIVEAWAYS.

THANK ME LATER
Re: Truth You Learnt As An Adult by Babssoo(m): 11:00am On Sep 24, 2023
All man for himself…. It is you vs the world

7 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

LASTMA Officer Pre-Wedding Photos / "She Rejected Me After Spending 50k On Her Birthday" - Nigerian Guy Laments / What's Stopping You From Tying The Knot With The Person You're Dating Right Now?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.