Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,659 members, 7,827,424 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. (25669 Views)

Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me / My Wife Hates Sex And Prefers I Masturbate / My Brother Is Sleeping With Our Cousin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by Tokskob2008: 12:58pm On Sep 23, 2023
On nairaland another word or way to be extremely wicked is "entitlement mentality".

A blood brother giving is younger brother food and shelter is now termed "entitlement mentality" undecided

7 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by Gajagojo: 12:58pm On Sep 23, 2023
aycapri:
you are exactly like the brother in question or worse than him. He said he just came In from the village and has nothing on him at the moment. He treks to where he is learning, and you even told him to go and explain to someone who knows his situation. Nah, you no try. Try to be your brother’s keeper, no one knows tomorrow.

did the brother invite him?Did they discuss before he came

Never assume anyone owes you anything in this life
Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by Nobody: 12:59pm On Sep 23, 2023
From the comments I've read so far, I now conclude that there's a problem with so many families and most people don't even know what family means

I now know why some families don't progress in life.
😢

4 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by ezugegere(m): 1:00pm On Sep 23, 2023
MS247:
cool

Let's get some facts clear

1: Your brother owes you nothing , you owe your brother cost of rent and accomodation

2: Your Parents owe you education, shelter and welfare until you are 18, or 21 when you are legally adult

3: If you want your brother to feed you after providing you accomodations, you humbly go to him and plead...

My dear brother, kindly assist me with feeding pending the time I get something doing fetching money and I can contribute to our welfare,

4: whenever you get any Money, try and refill your brothers cooking gas, buy some spaghetti or noddles, or Golden penny Semo, Vegetables Oil and present it to your brother

Now I want you to surprise your brother this Weekend for Saturday morning

Buy

Ugwu #50,
Okro #100
Okporoko #150
Ponmo #200
Ogbono #50
Cray Fish #100
Dry pepper #100
Onions #100
Locust bean #50
Buy Garri #200 or Fufu

That is roughly 1000 Naira

Cook Eba and Okro soup for your brother tomorrow morning and serve him

That is a wicked mentality. I owe my siblings everything, even my blood self. You can give your girlfriend monthly allowances but think you owe your brother nothing right?
No one deserves a brother like you

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by aycapri(m): 1:00pm On Sep 23, 2023
vincenteger:

Still checking where you asked for his account number

Abi you didn't read what he wrote
aswear, this your response is the real savage

1 Like

Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by Gajagojo: 1:01pm On Sep 23, 2023
Tokskob2008:
On nairaland another word or way to be extremely wicked is "entitlement mentality".

A blood brother giving is younger brother food and shelter is now termed "entitlement mentality" undecided
. When times are hard yes even a father giving an adult child is entitlement
Nobody owes you anything in this life
If a grown man who should be married is a bachelor eating noodles he is not doing well and not in a position to be carrying another adult
Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by GoodRocks: 1:01pm On Sep 23, 2023
Openfortruth:

He knows I'm not earning currently. He should do better with me.

Thank you for your words

I understand your point perfectly well. Forget those idiots saying otherwise above. This isn't entitlement mentality! It is what is expected of a brother to do! It pains me that your brother won't mind spending all his money on a girl outside.

Such brothers are really terrible to live with. I'll urge you to look for aby available work now and do to earn money to sustain yourself for tye main time before learning your apprenticeship program

1 Like

Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by aycapri(m): 1:02pm On Sep 23, 2023
[quote author=Gajagojo post=125971057][/quote]irrespective of the situation, he is your brother.
Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by chukelvin(m): 1:02pm On Sep 23, 2023
MS247:
cool

1: Your brother owes you nothing , you owe your brother cost of rent and accomodation

2: Your Parents owe you education, shelter and welfare until you are 18, or 21 when you are legally adult

3: If you want your brother to feed you after providing you accomodations, you humbly go to him and plead...

My dear brother, kindly assist me with feeding pending the time I get something doing fetching money and I can contribute to our welfare,

4: whenever you get any Money, try and refill your brothers cooking gas, buy some spaghetti or noddles, or Golden penny Semo, Vegetables Oil and present it to your brother

Buy

Ugwu #50,
Okro #100
Okporoko #150
Ponmo #200
Ogbono #50
Cray Fish #100
Dry pepper #100
Onions #100
Locust bean #50
Buy Garri #200 or Fufu

E be like say you be hin brother o...or you get younger brother like am for your house

3 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by Angy55(f): 1:03pm On Sep 23, 2023
Dpen11:
Try to have savings and leave on your own.

He might think you are being a burden to him, maybe that's why he is acting that way.

I pray you find something that will pay well so you can stand on your own

Person when dey learn work want get savings?

Did you read the full story?

2 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by Tobex31(m): 1:04pm On Sep 23, 2023
MS247:

Is he your mother?! Did your parents feed your own brother also

Who have you ever shared your own food with for you to want to eat others food by force
Your assertion on this is wrong, it is still the responsibility of the elder ones to take care of the younger ones.. If parents have taken good care of the elder, it lies on the shoulder of the elder to take good care of the younger ones to lessen the burden on the parents. We should stop on this western culture of comparing responsibility with entitlement mentality. We're in Africa, life is really difficult here... hence the need to assist each other should be key, especially your family members. Our Government don't care about our welfare, it is solely individual responsibility, hence, our need to assist one another where dim fit

4 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by Gajagojo: 1:04pm On Sep 23, 2023
aycapri:
irrespective of the situation, he is your brother.

Story
If I don't feed him he will remain my brother
Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by Olam09(m): 1:06pm On Sep 23, 2023
MS247:
cool

Buy

Ugwu #50,
Okro #100
Okporoko #150
Ponmo #200
Ogbono #50
Cray Fish #100
Dry pepper #100
Onions #100
Locust bean #50
Buy Garri #200 or Fufu

Send the money to him.

2 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by Sk5050: 1:06pm On Sep 23, 2023
MS247:
cool

Buy

Ugwu #50,
Okro #100
Okporoko #150
Ponmo #200
Ogbono #50
Cray Fish #100
Dry pepper #100
Onions #100
Locust bean #50
Buy Garri #200 or Fufu

I don't like your line of advice the young boy is not working still under apprenticeship not even too familiar with how city life operates. His elder brother is just being wicked, because I have also personally expirience such ill treatment from my young uncle in my early days I'm lagos.
My point is the elder brother should take responsibility of his brother until the young man understands city life why showing your blood so much wickedness what's food after all, thank God the young boy is even purposeful with his life by choosing entrepreneurship just a matter of time the boy will stand on his feet so why the negative attitude?
However just focus on your career soon he will be looking up to you for survival don't allow his behaviour to make you disrespect him. Better still talk to him that he should understand that you're not working yet that he should be patient with you and ones you start earning money you will definitely assist in running the house as well.

2 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by bravehost4u(m): 1:06pm On Sep 23, 2023
MS247:
cool

Buy

Ugwu #50,
Okro #100
Okporoko #150
Ponmo #200
Ogbono #50
Cray Fish #100
Dry pepper #100
Onions #100
Locust bean #50
Buy Garri #200 or Fufu

People like you made me love nairaland.
Thank you for this write-up
Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by Ade3131: 1:06pm On Sep 23, 2023
MS247:

This kind of entitlement mentality is very very wrong

If only you know how fast that table/role can turn, you won't be saying this. He's the younger one and yeah, the elder brother doesn't owe him anything for him to feel indebted, but there's a catch in all of this, God made them siblings for a reason and the question is: is he fulfilling that purpose?

It is one thing if the elder brother too isn't capable to feed them both, and the whole story didn't capture that part. He might be younger, squatting and starving today, but might end up the bedrock of their whole lineage tomorrow and by that time, it'll be the elder brother who would be opening Nairaland thread to tell us how he brought his younger brother to Lagos and helped him become a billionaire only for the brother not to help him.

Time will tell sha.... and by that time, you and your kind will still tell the elder brother not to feel entitled.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by GoodRocks: 1:07pm On Sep 23, 2023
Nazgul:
Your problem with your brother is over familiarity and entitlement mentality. Like someone rightfully pointed out, he doesn't owe you anything, cos he didn't bring you into this world.

If you want your current predicament with him to come to an end, do the following...

1. See him as your oga and see yourself as an apprentice in his shop, stop seeing him as your equal.

2. Call him sir whenever he calls you. And run errands for him without grumbling.

3. Wash his clothes, polish his shoes, clean the house and sweep the shop whenever you get there. Make cleanliness your best friend. A lazy person cannot succeeded as an apprentice.

4. Respectfully beg him for lunch, eg. Good afternoon sir, please I'm hungry. Don't ever call him by his name.

Inasmuch as this is right but a brother should help is fellow brother, let alone blood brother!

Things like this can make people wicked. Imagine the op makes it in life, you think say he go remember his brother? Dude not everything is entitlement mentality! Y'all needs to Stop this careless statement.

A blood brother should be able to help his blood brother, abi is it when he dies of starvation his so called beloved brother will now roll out money to buy cow and bags of rice? Why not help now that he is alive? Make una try get sense for this forum.

I'm very sure the said brother wouldn't mind spending money on a girl who adds nothing to his life

1 Like

Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by Gajagojo: 1:07pm On Sep 23, 2023
ezugegere:

That is a wicked mentality. I owe my siblings everything, even my blood self. You can give your girlfriend monthly allowances but think you owe your brother nothing right?
No one deserves a brother like you

This is the issue you are entitled to think that way
That another person is not like you does not make them wicked

We are all different
Even you that think you owe your siblings. Your siblings might not think like that to you
That does not make them wicked
Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by yinkeys(m): 1:07pm On Sep 23, 2023
Openfortruth:
I greet you all Nairalanders.

Please permit me to share this thing my brother is doing to me.

As my life was about to become useless in the village, I came to the city to stay with my older brother and learn phone repairs.

My plan is to have this handwork so that when i gain admission, i wont rely totally only on education which has failed many in the country.

But my blood brother I'm staying with is behaving unkind to me as though i am a total stranger to him. Even total strangers deserve better treatment.

I'm only an apprenctice and yet to start making money. Most of the days, i trek to the place and return because I dont have transport.

He leave house first before me and return before me too. Before I would come back, he would cook noodles and finish it, washed the pot and everything and keep them clean as though nothing happened. Sometimes he eat outside and come back home and ignore me.

Except there's another way for me, that is how I would go hungry throughout the night and as early as possible in the morning, he would leave the house without reasoning anything food.

I'm seriously starving. I thought he would share the little he has with me till I also start making money. Is this how a senior brother should behave with the junior one?

He's being unkind to me and now I feel like hiding the Garri I brought from the village from him.

But is this how we should behave as blood brothers?

He can't even be there for me to free from this apprenticeship.
You really don’t need a university degree if you’re not going for a real serious professional course in these times
Buy a solid laptop and learn how to code really well
Front end and back end development
If possible go beyond that to artificial intelligence & machine learning
You can also learning video editing online
Music sound production
These are what would give you solid cash in the future
They are in high demand too
Good luck
Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by Angy55(f): 1:07pm On Sep 23, 2023
MS247:

It is not entitlement.

The guy is not lazy, reason he came to the city to learn handwork so he won't be 100 percent dependent on his brother while he is at school.

If he has, he should share with his younger brother.

Person when get money dey trek dey go work come back?

3 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by Angy55(f): 1:09pm On Sep 23, 2023
Tobex31:
Your assertion on this is wrong, it is still the responsibility of the elder ones to take care of the younger ones.. If parents have taken good care of the elder, it lies on the shoulder of the elder to take good care of the younger ones to lessen the burden on the parents. We should stop on this western culture of comparing responsibility with entitlement mentality. We're in Africa, life is really difficult here... hence the need to assist each other should be key, especially your family members. Our Government don't care about our welfare, it is solely individual responsibility, hence, our need to assist one another where dim fit

God bless you for this.

3 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by uvie66: 1:10pm On Sep 23, 2023
MS247:
cool

Buy

Ugwu #50,
Okro #100
Okporoko #150
Ponmo #200
Ogbono #50
Cray Fish #100
Dry pepper #100
Onions #100
Locust bean #50
Buy Garri #200 or Fufu

.... the thing weak me, you are not your brother's responsibility he is not suppose to feed you, if you are over 18 you should feed yourself.
Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by Cantonese: 1:10pm On Sep 23, 2023
MS247:
cool

Buy

Ugwu #50,
Okro #100
Okporoko #150
Ponmo #200
Ogbono #50
Cray Fish #100
Dry pepper #100
Onions #100
Locust bean #50
Buy Garri #200 or Fufu

Good response.

But on the money matter, what should he do if there is no money?

In all, I think the OP is deceitful. He talked about hiding the garri that he brought from the village. Can we safely say that he was hiding food from his brother first? Remember that what a person sows, he reaps.
Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by Angy55(f): 1:11pm On Sep 23, 2023
As the guy dey leave he younger brother to starve for house. E sure me say, he go get when one girl when he go dey feed daily, dey spend money on and he younger brother dey starve.

1 Like

Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by GoodRocks: 1:11pm On Sep 23, 2023
MS247:

Are you normal? Do you know what entitlement mentality is?

Dude, your post can make people become extremely wicked. Imagine the op makes it in life with this mindsets of yours, you think say he go remember his brother? Dude not everything is entitlement mentality! Y'all needs to Stop this careless statement.

A blood brother should be able to help his blood brother, abi is it when he dies of starvation his so called beloved brother will now roll out money to buy cow and bags of rice for the burial? Like are you okay? Why not help now that he is alive? Make una try get sense for this forum.

I'm very sure the said brother wouldn't mind spending money on a girl who adds nothing valuable to his life

4 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by mh53(m): 1:13pm On Sep 23, 2023
MS247:
cool

Buy

Ugwu #50,
Okro #100
Okporoko #150
Ponmo #200
Ogbono #50
Cray Fish #100
Dry pepper #100
Onions #100
Locust bean #50
Buy Garri #200 or Fufu

e done tay since you enter market

3 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by Nazgul: 1:14pm On Sep 23, 2023
GO0DHardDick:
Inasmuch as this is right but a brother should help is fellow brother, let alone blood brother!

Things like this can make people wicked. Imagine the op makes it in life, you think say he go remember his brother? Dude not everything is entitlement mentality! Y'all needs to Stop this careless statement.

A blood brother should be able to help his blood brother, abi is it when he dies of starvation his so called beloved brother will now roll out money to buy cow and bags of rice? Why not help now that he is alive? Make una try get sense for this forum.

I'm very sure the said brother wouldn't mind spending money on a girl who adds nothing to his life
You have a point.

But the reality of the matter is that your brother and even your parents wouldn't value you if you're adding nothing to their life.

The boy is in his hussling stage, so it's safe to say his brother covers 100% of all his responsibilities.

The simple question here is what is he giving back to his brother. Does he clean the house, does he wash his brother's clothes...or does he just sit there idling away waiting for his brother to feed him?

Believe me, no body would abandon you if you're useful to them. The op is most likely useless to his brother that's why he's being treated this way.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by TheBillyonaire: 1:15pm On Sep 23, 2023
Your worries are a distraction to your phone repairs venture. Simply focus your energy in mastering your phone repairs and be creative on how to raise money from your phone repair. You can also find some part time job or service you can render for a fee.

Also talk to your brother to give you a loan to help you feed, and promise to pay him as soon as you make money.

Do not complain just walk to him and greet him with a smile, and plead respectfully with him like an adult for some cash to borrow, when he asks what you want to use it for, tell him in order to buy food and cook in the house but that you will refund as soon as you are able to make money.

grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by rickleye: 1:16pm On Sep 23, 2023
There are always 2 sides to a story.
Was he always like this when you first moved in with him ?
Reasons why his attitude would have changed could be that
1. You are not pulling your weight around ( Are you doing house chores ? )
2. Humility - in your write up, you in some ways come across as entitled.
3, lack of love . I can’t imagine having my younger brother around. My house is his house . But I would also tell him that I’d like my house to Remain my abode.

Solution.
Whatever you are keeping he’s seen it I.e your Garri and is offended that you are keeping it from him.
Talk to him and have an open air discussion on modus operandis in his house.
Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by Gajagojo: 1:16pm On Sep 23, 2023
GO0DHardDick:

Are you normal? Do you know what entitlement mentality is?

Dude, your post can make people become extremely wicked. Imagine the op makes it in life with this mindsets of yours, you think say he go remember his brother? Dude not everything is entitlement mentality! Y'all needs to Stop this careless statement.

A blood brother should be able to help his blood brother, abi is it when he dies of starvation his so called beloved brother will now roll out money to buy cow and bags of rice for the burial? Like are you okay? Why not help now that he is alive? Make una try get sense for this forum.

I'm very sure the said brother wouldn't mind spending money on a girl who adds nothing valuable to his life

Actually girls add value
They get pregnant and have babies

There is no greater value in African culture
If that brother dies today with no kids it is over

This BROTHER sounds like he is ripe for marriage.
That should be his priority not feeding another male adult
Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by Semaj77(m): 1:17pm On Sep 23, 2023
Mindlog:

You don't have been rich to be compassionate, he may be struggling as the elder brother but the way he is going about it, is not humane.

How do you know it's not humane , do you know what the brother earns , do you know both their living conditions

You have heard from only one side and you have already judged , we should stop this attitude of coming to conclusions after listening to only one side of a story

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by lawrenzooo: 1:18pm On Sep 23, 2023
Dpen11:
Try to have savings and leave on your own.

He might think you are being a burden to him, maybe that's why he is acting that way.

I pray you find something that will pay well so you can stand on your own

Have savings from where? Does somebody who is not working have savings? unless and except you are expecting him to steal.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

I Am Becoming A Sadist, My Life Is Full Of Regret / Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? / Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.