Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,437 members, 7,836,742 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:11 PM

My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. (25750 Views)

Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me / My Wife Hates Sex And Prefers I Masturbate / My Brother Is Sleeping With Our Cousin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by FROGMAN101(m): 10:13am On Sep 23, 2023
pansophist:
All this one-sided stories. I would have loved to hear from your brother.

You seems entitled, that someone owe you because you're blood relatives. That's a perfect recipe to failure. You'll have to paddle your own ship, and be grateful for little help.

This is facts who knows if he has bad behavior we don’t know about.

A elder brother can not just leave you stranded unless something is happening
Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by DyingFetus: 10:45am On Sep 23, 2023
Kys you pathetic son of a bich
Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by Openfortruth: 11:13am On Sep 23, 2023
Stevenbright:

Ok, I see.

He doing what he wants to do. But then you have to appreciate the fact that you have where to stay and ensure you don't nurse any grievance against him.

Just continue to manage till you start being able to get something from where you are apprenticing.

If where you are learning is a busy place, you can ask your oga to also permit you to do marketing by standing in a strategic location and asking people if they want to repair their phones and any customer that comes through you, your oga should find you small thing to hold body. You can ask him to give you one or two hours for this daily.

Thank you. I will try my best. Not as if he has much but some things can be bought and kept in the house when there's a little money.

1 Like

Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by Openfortruth: 11:14am On Sep 23, 2023
FROGMAN101:

This is facts who knows if he has bad behavior we don’t know about.

A elder brother can not just leave you stranded unless something is happening

Can I drop his phone number with you?
Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by wisdomkid: 11:45am On Sep 23, 2023
The first replies bother me though. I think blood over everything else?
OP, do you have any clash with your brother prior before coming to the city?

What does he do for a living? Do you have sibling communications? Because it sounds like you guys don't talk.
Maybe he's ashamed that he can't provide for you?

I don't know sha. Just saying that blood brothers don't behave like this, except something happened.

1 Like

Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by DomPerignon: 12:37pm On Sep 23, 2023
As my life was about to become useless in the village, I came to the city to stay with my older brother and learn phone repairs.

Nah dem.

Always disturbing us with their never ending family wahala.
Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by DomPerignon: 12:38pm On Sep 23, 2023
Openfortruth:
I greet you all Nairalanders.

Please permit me to share this thing my brother is doing to me.

As my life was about to become useless in the village, I came to the city to stay with my older brother and learn phone repairs.

My plan is to have this handwork so that when i gain admission, i wont rely totally only on education which has failed many in the country.

But my blood brother I'm staying with is behaving unkind to me as though i am a total stranger to him. Even total strangers deserve better treatment.

I'm only an apprenctice and yet to start making money. Most of the days, i trek to the place and return because I dont have transport.

He leave house first before me and return before me too. Before I would come back, he would cook noodles and finish it, washed the pot and everything and keep them clean as though nothing happened. Sometimes he eat outside and come back home and ignore me.

Except there's another way for me, that is how I would go hungry throughout the night and as early as possible in the morning, he would leave the house without reasoning anything food.

I'm seriously starving. I thought he would share the little he has with me till I also start making money. Is this how a senior brother should behave with the junior one?

He's being unkind to me and now I feel like hiding the Garri I brought from the village from him.

But is this how we should behave as blood brothers?

He can't even be there for me to free from this apprenticeship.

Ibo amaka

The belle crushing poverty that is in that their yeast no be here.
Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by Justdare: 12:39pm On Sep 23, 2023
MS247:
cool

Let's get some facts clear

1: Your brother owes you nothing , you owe your brother cost of rent and accomodation

2: Your Parents owe you education, shelter and welfare until you are 18, or 21 when you are legally adult

3: If you want your brother to feed you after providing you accomodations, you humbly go to him and plead...

My dear brother, kindly assist me with feeding pending the time I get something doing fetching money and I can contribute to our welfare,

4: whenever you get any Money, try and refill your brothers cooking gas, buy some spaghetti or noddles, or Golden penny Semo, Vegetables Oil and present it to your brother

Now I want you to surprise your brother this Weekend for Saturday morning

Buy

Ugwu #50,
Okro #100
Okporoko #150
Ponmo #200
Ogbono #50
Cray Fish #100
Dry pepper #100
Onions #100
Locust bean #50
Buy Garri #200 or Fufu

That is roughly 1000 Naira

Cook Eba and Okro soup for your brother tomorrow morning and serve him

God bless you!
Your likes keep me on this platform.
Thank you
Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by Pipefitter: 12:40pm On Sep 23, 2023
MS247:
cool

1: Your brother owes you nothing , you owe your brother cost of rent and accomodation

2: Your Parents owe you education, shelter and welfare until you are 18, or 21 when you are legally adult

3: If you want your brother to feed you after providing you accomodations, you humbly go to him and plead...

My dear brother, kindly assist me with feeding pending the time I get something doing fetching money and I can contribute to our welfare,

4: whenever you get any Money, try and refill your brothers cooking gas, buy some spaghetti or noddles, or Golden penny Semo, Vegetables Oil and present it to your brother

Buy

Ugwu #50,
Okro #100
Okporoko #150
Ponmo #200
Ogbono #50
Cray Fish #100
Dry pepper #100
Onions #100
Locust bean #50
Buy Garri #200 or Fufu

Where the 1k go come from? Heaven?

6 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by pikechukwu6(m): 12:41pm On Sep 23, 2023
How many times have you approached him over this issue?

How many times you seek advise from your parents or immediate brothers or sisters over this?

you just bring topic that will not change the price of commodities in the market undecided
Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by 12345baba(m): 12:42pm On Sep 23, 2023
Abeg stop forming stories. The way wrote this shows u are well enlightened than what u portray to be.

1 Like

Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by JoshTim: 12:43pm On Sep 23, 2023
MS247:

This kind of entitlement mentality is very very wrong
.what is wrong in a brother helping his younger brother. 2 persons and of different tribe from mine, i housed and fed them for more than 3 months. you should check if you are still human enough to feel others pain. Get out.

7 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by Semaj77(m): 12:43pm On Sep 23, 2023
Mindlog:

Fact is that OP is his younger brother, assisting him while he is still carving out his own path in life with food and the occasional transport fare is not out of place. When he starts earning something from the phone repairs he is learning, then he can contribute.

In the future when they are both married and this present issue becomes the root of their acrimonious relationship, na wife whey no know how the problem take start na im dey go dey blame for causing disunity between brothers.

The brother seems to be struggling as well
Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by Gajagojo: 12:43pm On Sep 23, 2023
If You go to the market and buy a dog and don't feed it You are starving it
Saying your brother is starving you implies In your head you think he is responsible for feeding you.
Even animals in the before they eat don't wait for their brother

Nobody owes you anything

Good morning

DID YOUR BROTHER INVITE YOU TO COME AND LIVE WITH HIM
Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by uche393: 12:44pm On Sep 23, 2023
it's very painful, learning a skill without someone backing you up is a bad thing to experience.

maybe it not easy for your brother, but it's wickedness if he has the capability and he's not taking care of you.

you might consider looking for a job maybe fuel attendant or any job while you stay with your brother.

since you are not from a financial buoyant family, consider going to the national open University. at least you can work and study without depending much on people.

learning a skill is important, but man gats to chop first. look for a job.
Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by layzie: 12:47pm On Sep 23, 2023
@ op, No where did I read in this write up that u discussed these concerns with your brother. But u have written almost a page to faceless people u don't know to advise u what exactly?
Based on this one sided story?

Pls go have a talk with ur brother first. Tell us exactly what u told him about your situation and food and what/how he responded. Then we can have a proper basis for good advise if any
Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by Gajagojo: 12:47pm On Sep 23, 2023
JoshTim:

.what is wrong in a brother helping his younger brother. 2 persons and of different tribe from mine, i housed and fed them for more than 3 months. you should check if you are still human enough to feel others pain. Get out.
Nothing wrong in a person helping another person whether brother or not
If you Can
If you cannot there is nothing you can do.
It is HELP
Help is different from responsibility
Your children are your responsibility not your brother
Yes help them if you can but it is NOT their right or entitlement

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by AfonjaConehead: 12:48pm On Sep 23, 2023
Openfortruth:

When did you start making money? When learning how to make money or after learning how to make money?
As an apprentice,don't you get something little at times from your boss?
You can also explore things to your oga to let you have some time in case you find some menial works to do....most people especially lagosians hussled real bad and hard on the streets when we ported years ago.
Try and find menial jobs you can do time to time and when you do,try and also follow the advice above,buy some food you can afford and put at home...life is hard these days and your brother may not be finding it easy.. remember,he's got his own life to live.
Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by ppogba: 12:49pm On Sep 23, 2023
It amazes me how people frequently make us of the words " entitlement mentality" in most discussions on this platform.

Probably maybe because it was not in existence when I was growing up.

Gradually, seeds are being planted now. When it starts to yield fruits then, eyes go clear.

Like seriously, junior brother from the same parents?

1 Like

Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by Mindlog: 12:49pm On Sep 23, 2023
Semaj77:

The brother seems to be struggling as well

You don't have been rich to be compassionate, he may be struggling as the elder brother but the way he is going about it, is not humane.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by julybaba(m): 12:49pm On Sep 23, 2023
Openfortruth:

My plan is to have this handwork so that when i gain admission, i wont rely totally only on education which has failed many in the country.

But my blood brother I'm staying with is behaving unkind to me as though i am a total stranger to him. Even total strangers deserve better treatment.

I'm only an apprenctice and yet to start making money. Most of the days, i trek to the place and return because I dont have transport.

He leave house first before me and return before me too. Before I would come back, he would cook noodles and finish it, washed the pot and everything and keep them clean as though nothing happened. Sometimes he eat outside and come back home and ignore me.

Except there's another way for me, that is how I would go hungry throughout the night and as early as possible in the morning, he would leave the house without reasoning anything food.

I'm seriously starving. I thought he would share the little he has with me till I also start making money. Is this how a senior brother should behave with the junior one?

He's being unkind to me and now I feel like hiding the Garri I brought from the village from him.

He doesn’t see you as a brother. He sees you as a burden

2 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by remiopash: 12:49pm On Sep 23, 2023
Openfortruth:

Seat him down and talk to him in a very respectful manner. He might have assumed you are making money already from the work. Let him know that you are starving .And that you too will be contributing when you start making money.
Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by Chetas81(m): 12:50pm On Sep 23, 2023
MS247:

Why not... Miracle happens
because you the Nigerian citizen live on miracle, not intelligence

1 Like

Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by Gajagojo: 12:50pm On Sep 23, 2023
DID YOUR BROTHER INVITE YOU TO COME AND LIVE WITH HIM

1 Like

Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by Oyindidi(f): 12:50pm On Sep 23, 2023
Sorry o, had it been na early part of this year you post this your story, I for pity you but after our last born wey we sponsor wedding say we no do enough, I no dey support younger siblings. Go back to village if the hunger too much. My 2cent
Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by Chetas81(m): 12:51pm On Sep 23, 2023
Openfortruth:

What are you saying?
entitlement is not allowed
Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by stevups(m): 12:51pm On Sep 23, 2023
MS247:
cool

Buy

Ugwu #50,
Okro #100
Okporoko #150
Ponmo #200
Ogbono #50
Cray Fish #100
Dry pepper #100
Onions #100
Locust bean #50
Buy Garri #200 or Fufu

Well done.. very good opinion
Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by paskal16: 12:52pm On Sep 23, 2023
Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by Xkale1996(m): 12:54pm On Sep 23, 2023
MS247:
cool

Buy

Ugwu #50,
Okro #100
Okporoko #150
Ponmo #200
Ogbono #50
Cray Fish #100
Dry pepper #100
Onions #100
Locust bean #50
Buy Garri #200 or Fufu

Very Good advice
Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by aycapri(m): 12:55pm On Sep 23, 2023
MS247:
cool

Buy

Ugwu #50,
Okro #100
Okporoko #150
Ponmo #200
Ogbono #50
Cray Fish #100
Dry pepper #100
Onions #100
Locust bean #50
Buy Garri #200 or Fufu

you are exactly like the brother in question or worse than him. He said he just came In from the village and has nothing on him at the moment. He treks to where he is learning, and you even told him to go and explain to someone who knows his situation. Nah, you no try. Try to be your brother’s keeper, no one knows tomorrow.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by Gajagojo: 12:57pm On Sep 23, 2023
Mindlog:

You don't have been rich to be compassionate, he may be struggling as the elder brother but the way he is going about it, is not humane.

You lack wisdom
If you did you would realise there are two sides to every story.
Hearing one side and passing judgment is not wise.
A person who is old enough to marry is living like a bachelor cooking noodles and you think the best thing for him is to become father to one brother.
So he won't marry and arrange his life?
The OP is an adult he can and should wake up. If that brother dies won't he live?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

A 44 Year Old Father Of 5 Impregnates A Teenager In Delta / OOU Student Goes Missing (photo) / Missing Boy On Front Page Found(pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.