Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,106 members, 7,811,108 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:50 PM

A Crime Being Handsome? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Crime Being Handsome? (2292 Views)

The Disadvantages Of Being Handsome / Have You Ever Benefited Anything From Being Handsome/beautiful? / 15 Disadvantages Of Being Handsome (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Crime Being Handsome? by PapaBornboy: 4:09pm On Sep 22, 2023
Hello good afternoon. I'm sorry but this would be a long read.
I don't mean to be vain and all but my personal experiences made me create this thread. I'm in my 20s, tall, dark and have my mother's face (I look like her very much) and I've been mostly told when when I go out I'm good looking or called fine boy which I hate hearing since I was 14. I get different kind of stares when I look at the side of my peripheral eye or catch ladies looking at me before they shift their gaze or even few men atimes. I wanted to post pics before realizing my family or people that know me offline might see it and start disturbing me with questions this coming days. But that's not the main reason I created this thread. It's the sexual harassment I get sometimes from even ladies who are old enough to be my elder sisters or even mothers depending on the age. I've been rubbed on the chest, toasted, caressed with some of their sensitive body parts eg I was ushering at the church one day when this tall voluptuous lady from the choir came close to me, started pressing her hip against mine, looking at my face from time to time despite the fact she would obviously saw I was visibly displeased as I was trying to suppress a boner in church. I've also had occasions where by mistake while rushing or in close proximity I've hit the ass of some ladies while they behave as if nothing happened despite me apologizing.
What of some in relationships that clearly drag or hold me back to talk to them despite the fact their significant other or boyfriend is in the same building? This is one of the reasons why I have very few male friends of my own gender because they just seem to hate me for some reason. If we're in a group and discussing there must always be one or two lowlifes in that vicinity trying to abuse, highlight my flaws they know of or talk me down especially when there are females in that environment. I've been threatened and even almost beat up for no reason which made me avoid interacting with most ladies except my family members for over a year. Then I tend to gain some favours with the opposite gender sometimes even when I do something stupid that would make them abuse or look for a way to deal with another person who probably didn't catch their fancy. Then if some of them keep on shooting their greenlight with me either turning it down or not reciprocating, I turn to their public enemy No. 1. I've even heard some close whispers in my quarters while growing up as a teenager of two girls discussing whether I was gay or not man enough. There are a lot of other episodes to buttress my point but these are the ones I think I can share now.
Growing up, I've heard and read both offline and on nairaland that the average Nigerian lady has time and affection whether fake or not for men who have heavy pockets (which is true anyways) So why I am still having this kind of small issues with several members of the opposite sex despite me not being that buoyant? (I'm still a salary earner juggling the job with school) I've heard several guys say to me that if they were me, they would have being a terror to women or I get several disturbing questions of how many girls I have slept with that week. Though I have been in relationships which didn't last due to sometimes trust issues on the part of my girlfriends, I'm mostly an introvert who really doesn't like attention except for mostly staying indoors, getting some good music in my ears, reading books and logging in to sites like Google, X, nairaland to get more information about my country and the world. I'm also trying to work harder and learn more critical skills so I can be very rich, have a family and take care of parents, siblings and my immediate one well.
I'm not a woman where I should be judged on looks, even that has gradually stopped becoming the case as women are now being hailed for their industry and exploits in their career. Tobi amusan is hailed for her sprinting prowess, Hilda back was lauded for her record breaking feat in cooking by Guinness world records. I'm a man, we are firstly judged by feats, achievements and wealth. I don't want ti be fawned over like a toy or judged, liked or hated by my looks which has mostly looked like the case so far.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Crime Being Handsome? by BronzeTiger: 4:28pm On Sep 22, 2023
Pictures or Idontbelieffit. angry.

7 Likes

Re: A Crime Being Handsome? by garriAndsugar: 4:37pm On Sep 22, 2023
Problem of the world

1 Like

Re: A Crime Being Handsome? by dkidd: 4:43pm On Sep 22, 2023
I got tired @public enemy number 1... Kelly handsome what exactly do u want Nairaland to do about ur beautiful beauty On a more serious note there's no biggie in all that u should care less and do u. Even though I was never really the "pretty boy" type there will always be females who will dig u and come for u and haters will always hate but all of it shouldn't get to u tho. Even now as a man I still come across such young and old. Couple of weeks ago I saw this pretty boy with plaited hair and the works and his fine babe at the mall but she was just focused on me and smiling foolishly that got me wondering if she forgot her guy was there. She still found a way to give me her digits even though I will not call. It's a phase that will pass. Use ur time well it's the one thing we never seem to have enough of. No let these things distract u. 20 years from now u will still enjoy all of it. Just try dey okay

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Crime Being Handsome? by Ikennaford: 5:31pm On Sep 22, 2023
You are just jobless and without responsibilities, probably eating MAma thank you hahahaha, that's why you think people are looking at you, young brother, no one cares about that shit called handsome

12 Likes

Re: A Crime Being Handsome? by Yugoslavia247(m): 5:39pm On Sep 22, 2023
Well.

They will keep coming.

Learn how to make them beneficial to you.

Don't reject all.

Same way women try to see what you can offer.

When you see a green light from a woman. Ask for there number.

Learn about them and if they useful in terms of knowledge and connection then use it.

Don't just be there saying this.

A beautiful man is rare. It is a gift from God.

A blessing. Men and woman will want to be around you.

Understand that and maximize it.

Filter the women and before you know it. You are where you want to be.

Meet a gal today. She likes you already.
Talk about job and her parents and talk about looking for job or skills.
If she is ain't useful then do the needful.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Crime Being Handsome? by talented321: 5:46pm On Sep 22, 2023
You are insecured and have low self esteem. Rich men are approch by all manner of ladies but you'll never see them write epistle like this. Stop been emotional and behave like a man..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Crime Being Handsome? by Ballzproblem2: 5:50pm On Sep 22, 2023
become a thug ,start smoking your physical appearance will change thank me later

1 Like

Re: A Crime Being Handsome? by Smitaro100(m): 8:12pm On Sep 22, 2023
Dis one neva know wetin life dey talk about. grin

1 Like

Re: A Crime Being Handsome? by Uchenna10(m): 8:16pm On Sep 22, 2023
Ballzproblem2:
become a thug ,start smoking your physical appearance will change thank me later

Lol, smoking will make him more handsome

4 Likes

Re: A Crime Being Handsome? by Autobot05: 8:30pm On Sep 22, 2023
PapaBornboy:
Hello good afternoon. I don't mean to be vain and all but my personal experiences made me create this thread. I'm in my 20s, tall, dark and have my mother's face (I look like her very much) and I've been mostly told when when I go out I'm good looking or called fine boy which I hate hearing since I was 14. I get different kind of stares when I look at the side of my peripheral eye or catch ladies looking at me before they shift their gaze or even few men atimes. I wanted to post pics before realizing my family or people that know me offline might see it and start disturbing me with questions this coming days. But that's not the main reason I created this thread. It's the sexual harassment I get sometimes from even ladies who are old enough to be my elder sisters or even mothers depending on the age. I've been rubbed on the chest, toasted, caressed with some of their sensitive body parts eg I was ushering at the church one day when this tall voluptuous lady from the choir came close to me, started pressing her hip against mine, looking at my face from time to time despite the fact she would obviously saw I was visibly displeased as I was trying to suppress a boner in church. I've also had occasions where by mistake while rushing or in close proximity I've hit the ass of some ladies while they behave as if nothing happened despite me apologizing.
What of some in relationships that clearly drag or hold me back to talk to them despite the fact their significant other or boyfriend is in the same building? This is one of the reasons why I have very few male friends of my own gender because they just seem to hate me for some reason. If we're in a group and discussing there must always be one or two lowlifes in that vicinity trying to abuse, highlight my flaws they know of or talk me down especially when there are females in that environment. I've been threatened and even almost beat us for no reason which made me avoid interacting with most ladies except my family members for over a year. Then I tend to gain some favours with the opposite gender sometimes even when I do something stupid that would make them abuse or look for a way to deal with another person who probably didn't catch their fancy. Then if some of them keep on shooting their greenlight with me either turning it down or reciprocating, I turn to their public enemy No. 1. I've even heard some close whispers in my quarters while growing up as a teenager of two girls discussing whether I was gay or not man enough. There are a lot of other episodes to buttress my point but these are the ones I think I can share now.
Growing up, I've heard and read both offline and on nairaland that the average Nigerian lady has time and affection whether fake or not for men who have heavy pockets (which is true anyways) So why I am still having this kind of small issues with several members of the opposite sex despite me not being that buoyant? (I'm still a salary earner juggling the job with school) I've heard several guys say to me that if they were me, they would have being a terror to women or I get several disturbing questions of how many girls I have slept with that week. Though I have been in relationships which didn't last due to sometimes trust issues on the part of my girlfriends, I'm mostly an introvert who really doesn't like attention except for mostly staying indoors, getting some good music in my ears, reading books and logging in to sites like Google, X, nairaland to get more information about my country and the world. I'm also trying to work harder and learn more critical skills so I can be very rich, have a family and take care of parents, siblings and my immediate one well.
I'm not a woman where I should be judged on looks, even that has gradually stopped becoming the case as women are now being hailed for their industry and exploits in their career. Tobi amusan is hailed for her sprinting prowess, Hilda back was lauded for her record breaking feat in cooking by Guinness world records. I'm a man, we are firstly judged by feats, achievements and wealth. I don't want ti be fawned over like a toy or judged, liked or hated by my looks which has mostly looked like the case so far. Sorry for my epistle.

I can relate to all of this but the bolded is 100% precise

My advice is you should stay sane and stay in the game … they’ll keep coming and coming so learn to handle it
Re: A Crime Being Handsome? by Tezzi(m): 10:28pm On Sep 22, 2023
Oga leave too much talk angry. Drop pictures already undecided

1 Like

Re: A Crime Being Handsome? by Silentgroper(m): 10:39pm On Sep 22, 2023
Lol... Can relate...
Re: A Crime Being Handsome? by pansophist(m): 8:27am On Sep 23, 2023
I wanted to read, but the lack of spacing, paragraph, full stop, and unobserved grammatical etiquette just killed my reading libido. So therefore, I'll pass. No opinion to give.

4 Likes

Re: A Crime Being Handsome? by PapaBornboy: 9:33am On Sep 23, 2023
Ikennaford:
You are just jobless and without responsibilities, probably eating MAma thank you hahahaha, that's why you think people are looking at you, young brother, no one cares about that shit called handsome
LoL, I don't stay with my parents and I'm working also.

Nlfpmod please help push to the promiseland for more views/interactions. Thanks sir. 🙏
Re: A Crime Being Handsome? by PapaBornboy: 9:36am On Sep 23, 2023
Autobot05:

I can relate to all of this but the bolded is 100% precise

My advice is you should stay sane and stay in the game … they’ll keep coming and coming so learn to handle it
Thanks sir. Some might think I'm lying or sounding proud but I just decided to share my few personal experiences to learn more
Re: A Crime Being Handsome? by TikiManner: 9:49am On Sep 23, 2023
So what do you want us who are ugly to do now? You fine problem. You worwor problem. grin
Re: A Crime Being Handsome? by TikiManner: 9:56am On Sep 23, 2023
dkidd:
I got tired @public enemy number 1... Kelly handsome what exactly do u want Nairaland to do about ur beautiful beauty On a more serious note there's no biggie in all that u should care less and do u. Even though I was never really the "pretty boy" type there will always be females who will dig u and come for u and haters will always hate but all of it shouldn't get to u tho. Even now as a man I still come across such young and old. Couple of weeks ago I saw this pretty boy with plaited hair and the works and his fine babe at the mall but she was just focused on me and smiling foolishly that got me wondering if she forgot her guy was there. She still found a way to give me her digits even though I will not call. It's a phase that will pass. Use ur time well it's the one thing we never seem to have enough of. No let these things distract u. 20 years from now u will still enjoy all of it. Just try dey okay
This is very much insightful. I don't even know why he's complaining. It seems he has low self esteem. I should have had OP's looks instead cause I know I'll surely utilise it better. wink

1 Like

Re: A Crime Being Handsome? by Rexie96: 9:59am On Sep 23, 2023
Look , I have been in the same shoes as you even worse. Height, look, physicue. At a point. People started accusing me of using jazz to make female strangeers come to me and ask for number. Been sexually assaulted multiple times in public, by Uni students, corpers, street. Ull be fine.

Just be careful with certain girls obsessing over u, ull regret being born .

1 Like

Re: A Crime Being Handsome? by WhoDeyHause: 10:13am On Sep 23, 2023
Ikennaford:
People actually care if you're handsome. That's why most of us guys try to get good hair cuts, rub good lotions and wear very nice clothes. Some even go to the extent of bleaching. Being handsome pays if only you know how to use it and don't allow your head to get carried away with it while it lasts.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Crime Being Handsome? by DyingFetus: 10:46am On Sep 23, 2023
Kys nigger
Re: A Crime Being Handsome? by wisdomkid: 11:39am On Sep 23, 2023
Being handsome is a curse or blessing. Depending on how you want to utilize it. I will advise you to utilize it and be more friendly with people. Studies have shown that people are more welcoming when you're handsome/beautiful.

Don't hate yourself for being this fine, just ensure you use it wisely before it fades away. Best wishes bro. If you want, I could find more detailed information on how to get what you want, not through sex or anything, with your handsomeness.

But seriously, you have a higher percentage of getting employed if you apply for a job in a well paying organisation grin grin grin Fine people gets it easy in life though.

2 Likes

Re: A Crime Being Handsome? by akwesenana: 12:09pm On Sep 23, 2023
Everyone na prince charming online. grin grin
Re: A Crime Being Handsome? by Nyascobar1414: 1:40pm On Sep 23, 2023
akwesenana:

This man,lol
Re: A Crime Being Handsome? by zed7: 2:14pm On Sep 23, 2023
A figment of your imagination.
Re: A Crime Being Handsome? by revolt(m): 2:58pm On Sep 23, 2023
Brother make money... fine boy can only get you in the door. To keep a good quality woman ...you need a lot more than that. We don do fine boy tire.. don't waste your youth chasing girls.. secure your future the girls will come after u. Fine or no fine

1 Like

Re: A Crime Being Handsome? by Nobody: 3:38pm On Sep 23, 2023
Why una dey envy the guy na. Na him fault sey una no handsome! cool cool

I remember when I passed my common entrance exam and going to the secondary school, my older bros told me
" Girls in secondary school will die for your looks" lol.
Also remembering an incident when waiting to board a flight about 5 years ago at a foreign airport and being approached by a young Chinese lady who said "excuse me", "I am sorry to say, but you look sexy!", I blushed for the first time in my life as i had never been boldly approached by a lady in my life before. I later got to know she was from Hong Kong!

1 Like

Re: A Crime Being Handsome? by Karleb(m): 3:47pm On Sep 23, 2023
One problem with being goodlucking is that people think you don't have the right to complain, it's like a rich man complaining. That doesn't mean you don't have valid issues that demand attention tho.

I feel your pain bro, but sadly, I can't relate.
Re: A Crime Being Handsome? by Stawner16(m): 4:37pm On Sep 23, 2023
You need to develop a thick skin. Also, the earlier you learnt how to use your looks to your advantage in life, the better for you. Good luck.
Re: A Crime Being Handsome? by Alphamentips: 11:58pm On Sep 23, 2023
Learn to use women and people to your advantage.
But be subtle about it
Re: A Crime Being Handsome? by SuperOnyi: 1:12am On Sep 24, 2023
akwesenana:

shocked

grin

Mr OP, just make yourself ugly. That's what I did, I've been doing this since from high school. Although, it's because I hated myself.
Re: A Crime Being Handsome? by uwakwekamubu(m): 9:34am On Sep 24, 2023
op ,I can relate with all your claims. just stay focus. don't allow it to control you. But,believe me ,you have advantage over others. As for the ladies, try to be friendly with them.Some of them can take you to places you never imagined before.
Do you also experience hate from same sex? its normal ,that's life for you bro.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Yahoobois Are The Biggest Simps In Nigeria / I've Just Lost A Girl I Thought I Would Marry / How Do I Pay My Girl Of 7 Years Off.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.