Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,698 members, 7,823,961 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:19 PM

Benefits Of Being Single - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Benefits Of Being Single (19843 Views)

My 70-Year-Old Grandmother Engaged After 20 Years Of Being Single - Twitter User / I Am Tired Of Being Single / Lady Tired Of Being Single Accepts Proposal From Her Imaginary Boyfriend (Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Benefits Of Being Single by Daniluv1(m): 2:33pm On Sep 23, 2023
Your money lasts longer

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benefits Of Being Single by porthouse7(f): 2:33pm On Sep 23, 2023
Marriage is scam, if you have to do it at 55yrs for companion sake

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Benefits Of Being Single by babzlim(m): 2:34pm On Sep 23, 2023
only worried about yourself
long life
Good credit with your bank
Loan free
worrryless
Less drama
Good self care
awesome relationship with God.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Benefits Of Being Single by madridsta007(m): 2:36pm On Sep 23, 2023
Chingyyy878:
Tell us

For a Believer & Male:

1. You can build a prayer and a Word altar that will be consistent and will bring you to the knowledge of God.
2. You can save and adequately plan your life without interruptions.
3. You are able to build and grow your career without any distractions or considerations of "what will she say?". Once you meet, "what will God say"', you are fine.
4. You can make a 2 year, 5 year growth plan.
5. You can build friendships with males and females that will be driven by value and respect not feelings.
6. You can focus on family, etc., so that when you are married you would have done most things you wanted to do for them.
7. You can pray and make excellent choice when you finally decide to be in a relationship/ get married.
8. You can find your God-given purpose and walk and build capacity in it.

There are many, many useful benefits. It is a season that should not be rushed or delayed.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Benefits Of Being Single by SAMBARRY: 2:41pm On Sep 23, 2023
FireUpNow:
OP go and make family of your own stop being selfish to your own body and self.
the to way Nigerian married couples throw the Go and marry unsolicited advice is always very amusing

Oya tell them you are ready to marry and start a family and you need money to start a family,you will see how go and Mary will change grin

I no know wetin dey always pepper Una for body when you see a man or woman of marriageable age not married grin like say Na Crime to be single tongue

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benefits Of Being Single by SAMBARRY: 2:47pm On Sep 23, 2023
Donedeal1:
None

Loneliness

Depression

Surpass all the so call

Imaginary benefits

Just
yinmu.dey deceive yourself

So in your little Mind you think marriage cures loneliness and depression?

Na him endless wailings of husbands and wives lamenting full blogs

Awon ti "please keep me anonymous" cheesy

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Benefits Of Being Single by FireUpNow(m): 2:50pm On Sep 23, 2023
SAMBARRY:
the to way Nigerian married couples throw the Go and marry unsolicited advice is always very amusing

Oya tell them you are ready to marry and start a family and you need money to start a family,you will see how go and Mary will change grin

I no know wetin dey always pepper Una for body when you see a man or woman of marriageable age not married grin like say Na Crime to be single tongue

Dem dey give money to marry or build house? When you ready for marriage body go tell you.

1 Like

Re: Benefits Of Being Single by Bluearrow: 2:54pm On Sep 23, 2023
FitCorper:
Forget all these. It’s not easy being single don’t let anybody deceive u. A man can’t function well with the loving of a woman. If u like make all the money in the world, if there’s no woman or girl to share beautiful moments with by this I’m not talking about sex. You will realize there’s and emptiness within that only the love of a woman can fill.
Oga speak for yourself please!
You can't function without a woman, not men.
What about the men like saint obi women have sent to their early grave? Does don jazzy not look more happy to u than some men in miserable relationship? Don't generalize pls

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Benefits Of Being Single by Bluearrow: 2:57pm On Sep 23, 2023
Anonymoususher:

I crave for a family, I am sick and tired of being a bachelor, I want to see my kids like e dey hungry me.

I have been single for too long and see no benefit of being single anymore.
So what is holding u back?
You already got a job & an apartment.
Just intensify your search, you will find a wife.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benefits Of Being Single by SAMBARRY: 3:05pm On Sep 23, 2023
bigiyaro:
Only social retards, will see any benefits in being a lonely human.
yinmu

Benefits of being single
-no in-law drama, madness or expectations from spouse and children
You can sleep anytime you want and wake up anytime you want your money is your money
You can fvck whenever you want
You can decide whatever about your life without anybodys consent or validation
You can decide to cook anytime you want or eat out anytime you want
Nobody is controlling your time, movement or money and no one's telling you what to do
You enjoy more quiet time
No putting up with anything you don't like just to keep the peace since you stay alone

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Benefits Of Being Single by Kobojunkie: 3:06pm On Sep 23, 2023
Goodlyhrt:
■ Very few benefits I must say. For one you are accountable to no one circa less responsibility. I kind of enjoy being alone when I am broke.. One mouth to feed and shii.. Less resources to go round so it's wise I don't involve any other person.
1. Since when did being accountable to no one amount to being less responsible? Most of the responsible folks I know are in fact single whereas a good many of the most irresponsible folks out there happen to be married. undecided

Marriage is perceived as the taking on of additional responsibilities not previously bestowed on one by life itself meaning that you add to your previous load when you get married. So long as you are alike on this planet life bestow you with responsibilities. Adding extra responsibilities on top the burden life already gave to you by your own hands is what relationships help do. Ofcourse in the end, not all those who take on additional responsibilities bear them well in the end as many even go as far as to abandon those responsibilities they signed up for in the end. undecided

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Benefits Of Being Single by Princeton92(m): 3:07pm On Sep 23, 2023
I sleep well at night and manage my financial crisis alone.
cry

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Benefits Of Being Single by MaScot30(m): 3:09pm On Sep 23, 2023
Exactly. Everything in this life comes with a price. Solving one problem brings another one.
GeneralPula:
You see this life, regardless of how you spin it, there will always be 2 sides..

You're single, you'll pay the price..
You're dating, you'll pay the price..

You have a car, you'll pay the price..
You don't have a car, you'll pay the price..

You get married, you'll pay the price..
You don't get married, you'll still pay the price..

You working, you'll pay the price..
You have no job, you'll still pay the price..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benefits Of Being Single by DND069: 3:09pm On Sep 23, 2023
I love myself the more. Low Tolerance from the opposite sex. Any slight stress noticed from the opposite sex, I cut off.

I love myself too much to partake in drama.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Benefits Of Being Single by Blackdisciple(m): 3:11pm On Sep 23, 2023
Simple it makes you to save more money and extra spending that's all...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benefits Of Being Single by SAMBARRY: 3:12pm On Sep 23, 2023
FireUpNow:

Dem dey give money to marry?
exactly!

So if you are not going to financially support or help in any way why giving the unsolicited advice.so the bottom line is if you are not going to help the person, don't give unsolicited advice.its disgusting and intrusive.

I remember one of our church members was trying to throw a jab at me and she asked me "why are you not married" and I said why are you not pregnant since your years in marriage.ahe got the message,for offended and I didn't give a fvck

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Benefits Of Being Single by Bfly: 3:14pm On Sep 23, 2023
No satisfying any particular body but who you wish.
Re: Benefits Of Being Single by BrickDevo: 3:22pm On Sep 23, 2023
parkervero:
Suffering and smiling.

Pretense

Broke inside rich outside.

Peace of mind

Chop alone die alone

How can you be broke and have peace of mind?
Same like how can there be joy in choas?

1 Like

Re: Benefits Of Being Single by GVTAsiwaju(m): 3:25pm On Sep 23, 2023
Loneliness isn't a good thing sha

5 Likes

Re: Benefits Of Being Single by phemmyfour: 3:27pm On Sep 23, 2023
Chingyyy878:
Tell us
You save money easily. That was the best time of my life financially. I can control how much I spent monthly

1 Like

Re: Benefits Of Being Single by phemmyfour: 3:28pm On Sep 23, 2023
GVTAsiwaju:
Some of us enjoy it.

You make all the decisions
You take all the blames
Re: Benefits Of Being Single by Kobojunkie: 3:33pm On Sep 23, 2023
AllKnowing:
I remember seeing this particular comment on Instagram. It went thus:

When you comot for relationship, e go be like say kidnapper release you.”
That would be when you commot from unhealthy relationships. It seems the author of that piece has only known unhealthy relationships. undecided

There are very many good relationships out there that when you loose them it is almost like you lost a piece of yourself and you only seek for ways you can have what you lost back. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Benefits Of Being Single by FitCorper: 3:36pm On Sep 23, 2023
Bluearrow:

Oga speak for yourself please!
You can't function without a woman, not men.
What about the men like saint obi women have sent to their early grave? Does don jazzy not look more happy to u than so men in miserable relationship? Don't generalize pls
Okies
Re: Benefits Of Being Single by Kobojunkie: 3:36pm On Sep 23, 2023
Vijuchoco:
Lol.. Minimal responsibilities also
That is not true at all. There are single people out there who bear way more responsibilities than their married counterparts do. Marriage or relationships allow you add on responsibilities but it does not in anyway ensure you will as an individual become more responsible or bear the added burdens well. undecided
Re: Benefits Of Being Single by FitCorper: 3:37pm On Sep 23, 2023
Theama:

Can't function well?

Can you boldly say this holds true vice versa?
undecided

Let's be realistic. Women's love, as well as other kind of things, can fill the emptiness but after a while, there'll be a longing for something more.

If one has close friends and family to share the beautiful moment with, that emptiness won't be felt. After all na even David for Bible talk say him friend( Jonathan) love dey "more wonderful than the love of a woman"

It safe to say one can't function without God's involvement and human(regardless of gender) support. Na only God fit fill the emptiness wey you go dey completely satisfied.

Note: I'm not against Marriage.

We are not talking about God here of cos God is supreme. But one on one, I’ve seen so many violent and aggressive men become calm, I mean extremely calm since the got a significant other.

2 Likes

Re: Benefits Of Being Single by Kobojunkie: 3:37pm On Sep 23, 2023
FireUpNow:
OP go and make family of your own stop being selfish to your own body and self.
Because everybody must create for themselves burdens in marriage even when they are aware they aren't able to bear it? undecided
Re: Benefits Of Being Single by FireUpNow(m): 3:39pm On Sep 23, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Because everybody must create for themselves burdens in marriage even when they are aware they aren't able to bear it? undecided
as if singles don't face any issues and they don't have any burden to bear
Re: Benefits Of Being Single by Kobojunkie: 3:40pm On Sep 23, 2023
zed7:
A time to build yourself, discover yourself, enjoy your independence and achieve something tangible.
A person who isn't happy and fulfilled when alone will never be happy and fulfilled when with a partner. They may likely be worse off and make their partners miserable.
I believe people ought to stay away from intimate relationships until after they have first realized this. undecided

1 Like

Re: Benefits Of Being Single by Kobojunkie: 3:41pm On Sep 23, 2023
FireUpNow:
as if singles don't face any issues and they don't have any burden to bear
They do bear burdens since life gives us loads to carry. That is why it is very unreasonably to create additional burdens to add to an already overloaded pile for the sake of it. undecided
Re: Benefits Of Being Single by FireUpNow(m): 3:42pm On Sep 23, 2023
Kobojunkie:
They do bear burdens since life gives us loads to carry. That is why it is very unreasonably to create additional burdens to add to an already overloaded pile for the sake of it. undecided
Make your choice
Re: Benefits Of Being Single by Kobojunkie: 3:43pm On Sep 23, 2023
GVTAsiwaju:
Become happy in who you are and you will see how very wrong it is to let loneliness drive you into a relationship. undecided
Re: Benefits Of Being Single by Kobojunkie: 3:44pm On Sep 23, 2023
FireUpNow:

Make your choice
Stop creating problems you end up regretting. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Am After His Money And He's After My "Assets" / My Girlfriend Is Intolerant Both Religious And Tribal / How Is My (future) Wife Doing Right Now?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.