Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,409 members, 7,954,624 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:20 AM

Should Couples Jointly Undergo A Comprehensive Medical Exam Before Marriage? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should Couples Jointly Undergo A Comprehensive Medical Exam Before Marriage? (7959 Views)

10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Indulge In Sex Before Marriage- Danceville / How Often Should Couples Have S£x? / Should Couples Intending To Marry Cohabit? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Couples Jointly Undergo A Comprehensive Medical Exam Before Marriage? by Princek12(m): 9:03pm On Oct 19, 2011
In order to prevent surprises post marriage, should couples jointly undergo a comprehensive physical exam checking for, among others, the following:

HIV
Sickle cell trait
Diabetes
Erectile dysfunction (for the I don't want to get down before marriage couples)
Hepatitis
STDs
Fertility
Mental Disorders (just to make sure that your partner is not kolomental)
And many others
Re: Should Couples Jointly Undergo A Comprehensive Medical Exam Before Marriage? by Nobody: 9:05pm On Oct 19, 2011
yes to all
Re: Should Couples Jointly Undergo A Comprehensive Medical Exam Before Marriage? by Princek12(m): 9:23pm On Oct 19, 2011
toba:

yes to all

toba, you are a pretty girl. where do you live?
Re: Should Couples Jointly Undergo A Comprehensive Medical Exam Before Marriage? by Lax75(m): 9:40pm On Oct 19, 2011
Princek12:

toba, you are a pretty girl. where do you live?

Hahahaha! Bros, Toba na guy oo. I fell for this trick too.

Anyways, I second what HE said in his response.

Were u able to make it out to Oasis? I will post a pic of their jollof rice and lamb dibi make you see.
Re: Should Couples Jointly Undergo A Comprehensive Medical Exam Before Marriage? by Princek12(m): 9:48pm On Oct 19, 2011
Lax75:

Hahahaha! Bros, Toba na guy oo. I fell for this trick too.

Anyways, I second what HE said in his response.

Were u able to make it out to Oasis? I will post a pic of their jollof rice and lamb dibi make you see.

thank you bros for telling me say toba na guy oooo. I have not made to Oasis yet, but I will surely do in the next couple of days. you dey stay atlanta presently? please post the pic.
Re: Should Couples Jointly Undergo A Comprehensive Medical Exam Before Marriage? by Lax75(m): 9:55pm On Oct 19, 2011
;d
Re: Should Couples Jointly Undergo A Comprehensive Medical Exam Before Marriage? by Blazing88(f): 10:08pm On Oct 19, 2011
Yes to all!
But sometimes wen d results doesnt come out as planned d couples might end the union in d doctor's office.
Its Risky sha. undecided
Re: Should Couples Jointly Undergo A Comprehensive Medical Exam Before Marriage? by slimyem: 10:11pm On Oct 19, 2011
yup.
All are very important!
Re: Should Couples Jointly Undergo A Comprehensive Medical Exam Before Marriage? by eghost247(m): 9:37am On Oct 20, 2011
of course
Re: Should Couples Jointly Undergo A Comprehensive Medical Exam Before Marriage? by Muttex(m): 9:38am On Oct 20, 2011
it is a good thing, but that of HIV test is very very very compulsory ooo
Re: Should Couples Jointly Undergo A Comprehensive Medical Exam Before Marriage? by LongOne1(m): 9:42am On Oct 20, 2011
Yes, I think it is necessary.
Re: Should Couples Jointly Undergo A Comprehensive Medical Exam Before Marriage? by freecocoa(f): 9:46am On Oct 20, 2011
Yes its all very important,I think there should even be a test for checking the cheating level\ability of couples.
Re: Should Couples Jointly Undergo A Comprehensive Medical Exam Before Marriage? by Orikinla(m): 9:52am On Oct 20, 2011
Princek12:

In order to prevent surprises post marriage, should couples jointly undergo a comprehensive physical exam checking for, among others, the following:

HIV
Sickle cell trait
Diabetes
Hepatitis
STDs
Fertility
And many others

Princek12, Thank you for posting this compulsory topic.

[size=28pt]Yes.
Lovers should even do so before serious dating.
The earlier they do so the better for them.[/size]
Re: Should Couples Jointly Undergo A Comprehensive Medical Exam Before Marriage? by justwise(m): 9:54am On Oct 20, 2011
Yes!! it must be done.

I think it should be a monthly thing even after they are married.

There is nothing like. . . i trust my wife/hubby
Re: Should Couples Jointly Undergo A Comprehensive Medical Exam Before Marriage? by otokx(m): 9:54am On Oct 20, 2011
smh
Re: Should Couples Jointly Undergo A Comprehensive Medical Exam Before Marriage? by Agybabe(f): 9:55am On Oct 20, 2011
yes all of d above r necessary.
freecocoa:

Yes its all very important,I think there should even be a test for checking the cheating level\ability of couples.
na true talk, very necessary!
Re: Should Couples Jointly Undergo A Comprehensive Medical Exam Before Marriage? by Gbenge77(m): 9:56am On Oct 20, 2011
Affirmative.
Re: Should Couples Jointly Undergo A Comprehensive Medical Exam Before Marriage? by slimyem: 10:15am On Oct 20, 2011
justwise:

Yes!! it must be done.

I think it should be a monthly thing even after they are married.

There is nothing like. . . i trust my wife/hubby
behold, what the marriage institution has become!
Re: Should Couples Jointly Undergo A Comprehensive Medical Exam Before Marriage? by LongOne1(m): 10:17am On Oct 20, 2011
^^^desperate times call for desperate measures.

That's unfortunately what our world has become.
Re: Should Couples Jointly Undergo A Comprehensive Medical Exam Before Marriage? by justwise(m): 10:18am On Oct 20, 2011
slimyem:

behold, what the marriage institution has become!

Its sad, i wish one can really trust his or her wife/hubby but married men/women cheat like hell.
Re: Should Couples Jointly Undergo A Comprehensive Medical Exam Before Marriage? by peelovee(f): 10:32am On Oct 20, 2011
Princek12:

HIV
Sickle cell trait
Diabetes
Hepatitis
STDs
Fertility
And many others

yes, it is necessary
Re: Should Couples Jointly Undergo A Comprehensive Medical Exam Before Marriage? by r231(m): 10:35am On Oct 20, 2011
I see undecided

I am surprised CRB and Credit Checks are not on your list

abi you will like to know if he/she is wanted now

and if they are credit worthy as well grin grin

1 Like

Re: Should Couples Jointly Undergo A Comprehensive Medical Exam Before Marriage? by Konjour(m): 10:37am On Oct 20, 2011
They'd be outrightly stupid to want to embark on that kind of journey without having a medical examination and analysis. undecided
Re: Should Couples Jointly Undergo A Comprehensive Medical Exam Before Marriage? by justwise(m): 10:39am On Oct 20, 2011
r231:

I see undecided

grin grin grin how will you get such record in 9ja?
Re: Should Couples Jointly Undergo A Comprehensive Medical Exam Before Marriage? by Princek12(m): 10:44am On Oct 20, 2011
The reason I created this thread was because one of my homeboys married last year. He called me a couple of days ago and told me he received the shock of his life: he saw for the first time a plastic containing some anti depressant pills on which his wife's name was printed (it is typical to write the name of the patient and the medication name on the container in Yankee). He now went and googled the name of the medicine and found out it was an anti depressant. He confronted his wife about it, and she later admitted that she has psychiatric problems for which she sees a psychiatrist, and that the anti depressants were prescribed to her as part of her treatment. He told her that he was hurt that she was not truthful about her medical condition before they got married. In retrospect, no wonder his wife acts very crazy at the slightest provocation.
Re: Should Couples Jointly Undergo A Comprehensive Medical Exam Before Marriage? by Princek12(m): 10:45am On Oct 20, 2011
r231:

I see undecided

In Yankee and the Western world, maybe, but not in Naija. You know we don't have such credit infrastructure in Nigeria to check credits. But I would strongly recommend that it is done whenever it is feasible to do so.
Re: Should Couples Jointly Undergo A Comprehensive Medical Exam Before Marriage? by peelovee(f): 11:00am On Oct 20, 2011
r231:

I see undecided

it will be enlisted yesterday grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin no be for naija
Re: Should Couples Jointly Undergo A Comprehensive Medical Exam Before Marriage? by r231(m): 11:02am On Oct 20, 2011
Princek12:

The reason I created this thread was because one of my homeboys married last year. He called me a couple of days ago and told me he received the shock of his life: he saw for the first time a plastic containing some anti depressant pills on which his wife's name was printed (it is typical to write the name of the patient and the medication name on the container in Yankee). He now went and googled the name of the medicine and found out it was an anti depressant. He confronted his wife about it, and she later admitted that she has psychiatric problems for which she sees a psychiatrist, and that the anti depressants were prescribed to her as part of her treatment. He told her that he was hurt that she was not truthful about her medical condition before they got married. In retrospect, no wonder his wife acts very crazy at the slightest provocation.

they do that in UK too. . . . so get to the point lol grin grin grin (joking)

well just because she is on anti depressant drugs doesn't mean she is physco

she prolly depressed bout something and she is struggling to let go

but at least she should have told the guy before marrying him sha  undecided
Re: Should Couples Jointly Undergo A Comprehensive Medical Exam Before Marriage? by ugotuf(m): 11:09am On Oct 20, 2011
It should even be enforced by law
Re: Should Couples Jointly Undergo A Comprehensive Medical Exam Before Marriage? by Princek12(m): 11:10am On Oct 20, 2011
r231:

they do that in UK too. . . . so get to the point lol grin grin grin (joking)

well just because she is on anti depressant drugs doesn't mean she is physco

she prolly depressed bout something and she is struggling to let go

but at least she should have told the guy before marrying him sha  undecided

I figured they do that in UK, too, but when I write I am cognizant of the fact that many NLs do not live in Yankee or the UK, so I try to elaborate further so as to prevent them from having to draw too many inferences when reading my posts. Back to the topic, she admitted to being psychiatric and I guess that the anti depressants helped her. I am, however, not a doctor, but my point is that taking anti depressants is something that should be disclosed to your partner when in a serious relationship.
Re: Should Couples Jointly Undergo A Comprehensive Medical Exam Before Marriage? by maclatunji: 11:11am On Oct 20, 2011
I support the motion
Re: Should Couples Jointly Undergo A Comprehensive Medical Exam Before Marriage? by Progreen: 11:37am On Oct 20, 2011
Princek12:

HIV
Sickle cell trait
Diabetes
Hepatitis
STDs
Fertility
And many others

Doing this does not save the trouble in marriage.

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Experience With A Spoilt Girl / Introvert Is A Bastard, God Why Did U Create Introvert, To Hurt Some People? / Will You Still Love Me If I Say I Am A Witch?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.