Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,374 members, 7,812,093 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:01 AM

Should Couples Jointly Undergo A Comprehensive Medical Exam Before Marriage? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should Couples Jointly Undergo A Comprehensive Medical Exam Before Marriage? (7917 Views)

10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Indulge In Sex Before Marriage- Danceville / How Often Should Couples Have S£x? / Should Couples Intending To Marry Cohabit? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Couples Jointly Undergo A Comprehensive Medical Exam Before Marriage? by r231(m): 11:45am On Oct 20, 2011
Princek12:

I figured they do that in UK, too, but when I write I am cognizant of the fact that many NLs do not live in Yankee or the UK, so I try to elaborate further so as to prevent them from having to draw too many inferences when reading my posts. Back to the topic, she admitted to being psychiatric and I guess that the anti depressants helped her. I am, however, not a doctor, but my point is that taking anti depressants is something that should be disclosed to your partner when in a serious relationship.

of cus she should have told him

cus its a very big issue

you dont want your wife to slice your mothers head one day when you are not home grin
Re: Should Couples Jointly Undergo A Comprehensive Medical Exam Before Marriage? by member479760: 11:52am On Oct 20, 2011
after how many round bi that one?
Re: Should Couples Jointly Undergo A Comprehensive Medical Exam Before Marriage? by peelovee(f): 12:36pm On Oct 20, 2011
Progreen:

Doing this does not save the trouble in marriage.

grin at least it save the core medical balava in the marriage  grin
The couples should only be considering medical attention  for normally illness like, malaria, typhoid lipsrsealed  feverish condition etc etc etc.
Re: Should Couples Jointly Undergo A Comprehensive Medical Exam Before Marriage? by gascoign1(m): 12:37pm On Oct 20, 2011
All of the above!
Re: Should Couples Jointly Undergo A Comprehensive Medical Exam Before Marriage? by justwise(m): 12:38pm On Oct 20, 2011
peelovee:

grin at least it save the core medical balava in the marriage  grin
The couples should only be considering medical attention  for normally illness like, malaria, typhoid lipsrsealed  feverish condition etc etc etc.

What happens if the wife or hubby cheated after marriage?
Re: Should Couples Jointly Undergo A Comprehensive Medical Exam Before Marriage? by peelovee(f): 1:03pm On Oct 20, 2011
justwise:

What happens if the wife or hubby cheated after marriage?

The topic is not about wife or hubby cheating after marriage shocked
it all about knowing the medical wellbeing of the couples  grin

But in case you are so concerned:
Maybe CHEATING TEST should also be introduced  grin  grin  grin  grin but i am considering the specimen that will be use for that (Cheating Test = CT)   grin  grin  grin  grin

Pls stay tuned!
Re: Should Couples Jointly Undergo A Comprehensive Medical Exam Before Marriage? by justwise(m): 1:15pm On Oct 20, 2011
peelovee:

grin at least it save the core medical balava in the marriage grin[/b]The couples should only be considering medical attention  for normally illness like, malaria, typhoid lipsrsealed  feverish condition etc etc etc.

peelovee:

[b]The topic is not about wife or hubby cheating after marriage shocked

it all about knowing the medical wellbeing of the couples  grin

But in case you are so concerned:
Maybe CHEATING TEST should also be introduced  grin  grin  grin  grin but i am considering the specimen that will be use for that (Cheating Test = CT)   grin  grin  grin  grin

Pls stay tuned!

I asked that question because of that comment u made: ''at least it save the core medical balava in the marriage''

So i asked: What happens if the wife or hubby cheated after marriage.
Re: Should Couples Jointly Undergo A Comprehensive Medical Exam Before Marriage? by peelovee(f): 1:22pm On Oct 20, 2011
CHEATING TEST should also be introduced (Cheating Test = CT) grin grin grin grin
Re: Should Couples Jointly Undergo A Comprehensive Medical Exam Before Marriage? by Princek12(m): 1:25pm On Oct 20, 2011
peelovee:

CHEATING TEST should also be introduced (Cheating Test = CT) grin grin grin grin

CT scan
Re: Should Couples Jointly Undergo A Comprehensive Medical Exam Before Marriage? by justwise(m): 1:25pm On Oct 20, 2011
peelovee:

CHEATING TEST should also be introduced  (Cheating Test = CT)      grin  grin  grin  grin    

grin grin grin grin many good cheater will pass the test with flying colours
Re: Should Couples Jointly Undergo A Comprehensive Medical Exam Before Marriage? by Freesia(f): 1:26pm On Oct 20, 2011
peelovee:

CHEATING TEST should also be introduced  (Cheating Test = CT)      grin  grin  grin  grin    

Hmmmm sometimes those lie detectors have proved not to be 100% accurate
Re: Should Couples Jointly Undergo A Comprehensive Medical Exam Before Marriage? by peelovee(f): 1:31pm On Oct 20, 2011
grin  grin  grin  grin  grin grin you never can tell what cheaters can be up to,  na only God go deliver person lipsrsealed
Re: Should Couples Jointly Undergo A Comprehensive Medical Exam Before Marriage? by justwise(m): 1:33pm On Oct 20, 2011
peelovee:

grin  grin  grin  grin  grin grin you never can tell what cheaters can be up to,  na only God go deliver person lipsrsealed

Especially women, they are good liars grin grin grin. . they will pass the test sharp sharp grin grin
Re: Should Couples Jointly Undergo A Comprehensive Medical Exam Before Marriage? by peelovee(f): 1:37pm On Oct 20, 2011
Applicable to both sex
are smart cheaters you never can tell
Re: Should Couples Jointly Undergo A Comprehensive Medical Exam Before Marriage? by justwise(m): 1:41pm On Oct 20, 2011
peelovee:

Applicable to both sex
are smart cheaters you never can tell

Hmmmmm . . . i know men probably cheat more BUT men are not good at covering up, women top the table on this and will pass any test easily grin grin grin
Re: Should Couples Jointly Undergo A Comprehensive Medical Exam Before Marriage? by biolabee(m): 2:17pm On Oct 20, 2011
how do you test for erectile dysfunction
Re: Should Couples Jointly Undergo A Comprehensive Medical Exam Before Marriage? by 1honeybee: 2:19pm On Oct 20, 2011
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode]HIV. . . .necessary and do-able

Sickle cell trait. . . . necessar and do-able

Diabetes . . .necessay, do-able but not so much. type 2 diabetes (T2D) occurs in later life and some ppl can develop it really late while some can develope it as early as in their thirties. There is no test yet that can establish the likelihood of your partner developing it or not except for family history . . . .which is a 50/50 things as  well. does this also include gestational diabetes? which btw increases your chances of developing T2D

Erectile dysfunction (for the I don't want to get down before marriage couples). . . .necessary IF its do-able

Hepatitis. . .necessary for one's good anyway and very do-able

STDs. . . .necessary and doable but how many of them will u test for? just the ''common'' ones? undecided

Fertility . . . .dont know lipsrsealed it depends. by the way, there are some cases of infertility that can NOT be explained, so your doc can tell u there's nothing wrong but u may stil nt be able to conceive easily. . .it happens and dats life

Mental Disorders (just to make sure that your partner is not kolomental). . . .not sure if dis is doable or not, but family history MAY help u decide and even without a family history, one can have psychiatry problems later in life due to wahala dat the marriage might bring or any other trauma dat may occur after the wedding. We are different and tins tends to affect us differently.

And many others. . .should we put high blood pressure, cardiovascular disorders, cancer, pre-eclamsia, weight gain etc in this list?
[/font]
Re: Should Couples Jointly Undergo A Comprehensive Medical Exam Before Marriage? by chines4(m): 2:19pm On Oct 20, 2011
Test before marriage, when guys are busy drawing against uncleared effect
Re: Should Couples Jointly Undergo A Comprehensive Medical Exam Before Marriage? by Image123(m): 7:08pm On Oct 20, 2011
Yes, even very important is God's approval and confirmation the couple would fit. We'll have different shoe sizes.
Re: Should Couples Jointly Undergo A Comprehensive Medical Exam Before Marriage? by Nobody: 11:03pm On Oct 20, 2011
Thats the point of dating. dating someone before marriage gives you not only a glimpse of who they are or what they may turn out to be in future but also allows you glimpse of their past. An adults past reveals a lot about who they are or what they may become in future that may affect your life as well.
Re: Should Couples Jointly Undergo A Comprehensive Medical Exam Before Marriage? by bereal16(m): 3:34pm On Oct 21, 2011
It's very important, you neva can tell,
Re: Should Couples Jointly Undergo A Comprehensive Medical Exam Before Marriage? by cynthiafred67(f): 10:47am On Oct 22, 2011
Yea it is very important
Re: Should Couples Jointly Undergo A Comprehensive Medical Exam Before Marriage? by claremont(m): 10:57am On Oct 22, 2011
A relationship that will break-up will do so irrespective of the number of medical exams done prior to the relationship/marriage. There is no evidence that having medical exams prior to relationship/marriage will make it work better than couples who did not have such a medical exam. We should learn to reason objectively and ask for hardcore evidence, rather than just jumping into the mass bandwagon of senseless argument.

Where in the hell is the evidence that couples who do a medical exam prior to their relationship/marriage, fare better than couples who do no such thing?! The absence of evidence is the evidence of absence!
Re: Should Couples Jointly Undergo A Comprehensive Medical Exam Before Marriage? by bereal16(m): 1:30pm On Oct 22, 2011
@ claremont, Successful marriage is an entirely different subject. Are you married? I doubt, 'cos you should know that physical examination is vital to know your blood group, Genotype , e.t.c and that of your intending spouse,
Re: Should Couples Jointly Undergo A Comprehensive Medical Exam Before Marriage? by Princek12(m): 2:23pm On Oct 22, 2011
claremont:

A relationship that will break-up will do so irrespective of the number of medical exams done prior to the relationship/marriage. There is no evidence that having medical exams prior to relationship/marriage will make it work better than couples who did not have such a medical exam. We should learn to reason objectively and ask for hardcore evidence, rather than just jumping into the mass bandwagon of senseless argument.

Where in the hell is the evidence that couples who do a medical exam prior to their relationship/marriage, fare better than couples who do no such thing?! The absence of evidence is the evidence of absence!

I can tell that you failed reading comprehension in school. I never said that couples who undergo a medical exam before marriage fare better than couples who don't. My post is directed at whether it is good practice for couples to do so for, perhaps, obvious reasons: know your sickle cell status so you can weigh the risks of having a baby born with sickle cell; the risk of HIV; and so on.
Re: Should Couples Jointly Undergo A Comprehensive Medical Exam Before Marriage? by guycraze: 2:13pm On Oct 23, 2011
yes in this times that we r in.
Re: Should Couples Jointly Undergo A Comprehensive Medical Exam Before Marriage? by Nobody: 1:44am On Oct 24, 2011
I don't get the diabetes part though

Anti depressant doesn't mean she's crazy, infact it could be a non issue, until you guys stop stimatizing depression and mental illness in general people are not going to talk about it. the fact that she's using meds MEANS she wants help, what about the millions who aren't getting help?
By the way anti depressants are used off label sometimes. it could have been prescribed for anxiety, or even an eating disorder.
Re: Should Couples Jointly Undergo A Comprehensive Medical Exam Before Marriage? by chayooh(f): 11:51am On Oct 24, 2011
@ poster, I think you majored in some minors. You didn't even talk about blood group, genotype, rhesus factor, blood sugar and all. This should make the first five on the list. Wat if ur partner sails tru d ones u earlier outlined but later, complications arose due to diabetes, or complications during pregnancy? Marriage is very important and I suggest intending couples to go for these tests before marriage and then get adequate counselling. I did.
Re: Should Couples Jointly Undergo A Comprehensive Medical Exam Before Marriage? by chayooh(f): 11:53am On Oct 24, 2011
@ poster, I think you majored in some minors. You didn't even talk about blood group, genotype, rhesus factor, blood sugar and all. This should make the first five on the list. Wat if ur partner sails tru d ones u earlier outlined but later, complications arose due to diabetes, or complications during pregnancy? Marriage is very important and I suggest intending couples to go for these tests before marriage and then get adequate counselling. I did.
Re: Should Couples Jointly Undergo A Comprehensive Medical Exam Before Marriage? by Odunnu: 12:08pm On Oct 24, 2011
Running a Hepatitis test is of more importance to me than the HiV even though that is ver necessary. The diabetis, I consider irrelevant. The Genotype is very important also

(1) (2) (Reply)

New Bride Admitted To Hospital After 2-hour Climax / Help. I Think I Am Lesbian / Woman Ends Up In Hospital After S3x With Husband Leads To 'never-ending Orgasm'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.