Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,163 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:28 AM

Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? (26427 Views)

2022 Computer Science Students Admitted Into Nigeria Universities By Regions / Nigeria Universities With The Most Employable Graduates- STUTERN 2018 Edition / Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by KingAzubuike(f): 10:42pm On Sep 26, 2023
Yes they do. For Europeans,Asians and americans you'll mainly find them in arts or language courses. You'll never see them in sciences.

For Africans you can see them in any department. Alot of Cameroonians were studying medicine and surgery in unilorin some years back.

6 Likes

Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by Pat081: 11:26pm On Sep 26, 2023
Capital YES, go to all our universities you will see them study the Nigeria language which I know

1 Like

Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by benzion72(m): 11:56pm On Sep 26, 2023
Other African countries attend Nigeria Universities. European and American also do especially to study Language, Sociology and Anthropology

3 Likes

Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by virginchaser(m): 2:42am On Sep 27, 2023
Till date there are students exchange programs. There are also private students that comes on there own or sent by organizations.
Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by DyingFetus: 3:36am On Sep 27, 2023
I left my birth country to study in a nigerian university

2 Likes

Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by pendusky(m): 8:05am On Sep 27, 2023
wunmi590:
Good day Niralanders,

I was just wondering, from the topic above, do foreigners really fancy Nigerian education to enrol in it?

Throughout my almost 14years as a graduate, I always see school fees for indigenes, non indigenes and foreigners, so this came to my mind again, if people travel all the way from abroad to study in Nigeria?

Yes they do, but stop because of insecurities in Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by yusman14(m): 8:38am On Sep 27, 2023
I'm a student of OAU. There is a Korean guy in my faculty, he is studying computer science. I do pity the guy anytime he is hustling for sit during 100 level classes in the lecture hall like us, he doesn't have the strength. But he has adapted, we are now going to 500 level.

His father is a Nigerian I think, his mother is a Korean, but he is more of Korean gene.

13 Likes

Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by Bliss62: 9:09am On Sep 27, 2023
wunmi590:

These people must be from lower African countries...

Have you ever met with an European πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡Ί man doing postgraduate in a Nigerian school?

Goto University of Ibadan and see for yourself

2 Likes

Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by Kaido: 9:19am On Sep 27, 2023
I have met a South Sudanese, and another dude that seems to be from either Pakistan, India abi na Afghanistan. The only oyinbo girl I saw then was either in Nigeria to seek assylum or one yahoo yahoo student import her.

3 Likes

Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by BigDawsNet: 11:32am On Sep 27, 2023
wunmi590:
Good day Niralanders,

I was just wondering, from the topic above, do foreigners really fancy Nigerian education to enrol in it?

Throughout my almost 14years as a graduate, I always see school fees for indigenes, non indigenes and foreigners, so this came to my mind again, if people travel all the way from abroad to study in Nigeria?

Unilag days.. we have some whites studying some courses like yoruba language or so den...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by BigDawsNet: 11:35am On Sep 27, 2023
yusman14:
I'm a student of OAU. There is a Korean guy in my faculty, he is studying computer science. I do pity the guy anytime he is hustling for sit during 100 level classes in the lecture hall like us, he doesn't have the strength. But he has adapted, we are now going to 500 level.

His father is a Nigerian I think, his mother is a Korean, but he is more of Korean gene.

Oau computer science is 5years?
Can u list your models for the 500 level pls

3 Likes

Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by samwash(m): 11:43am On Sep 27, 2023
There are more of black Foreigners than white in Nigeria universities both private & gorvernmt University, you wouldn't kwn because they have black skin like you.

5 Likes

Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by BlackAdam65: 12:34pm On Sep 27, 2023
yes from other west African countries like Ghana

2 Likes

Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by yusman14(m): 12:35pm On Sep 27, 2023
BigDawsNet:

Oau computer science is 5years?
Can u list your models for the 500 level pls
Computer science is under Faculty of Technology in OAU.
The department has computer science and engineering, CSC and maths, computer science and economics options.

3 Likes

Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by BlackAdam65: 12:39pm On Sep 27, 2023
IconicR:
Who told you that? I have combination of beautiful races and I'm academically intelligent than most of you here

British are in my school, though their families are resident here sha
what's the name of your school
Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by wunmi590(m): 12:57pm On Sep 27, 2023
Bliss62:

Goto University of Ibadan and see for yourself

Yes, I know of UI because my friend work there and I happened to finish in polyibadn, before I did direct entry in Lasu

3 Likes

Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by MarketDispatch: 2:28pm On Sep 27, 2023
wunmi590:
Good day Niralanders,

Yes... Foreigners used to come to Nigeria to study as at 1996 and used to pay USD . But I think all that has changed in modern times due to current educational situation in Nigeria.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by BigDawsNet: 3:23pm On Sep 27, 2023
yusman14:
Computer science is under Faculty of Technology in OAU.
The department has computer science and engineering, CSC and maths, computer science and economics options.

Oh no wonder...

So no single Computer science, all d CS is attached ?

Cus I know if it's just computer science alone.. it's usually 4 years...

Den probably yiu guys will have to do more maths/ calculations as it looks hun
Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by friday2011(m): 7:01pm On Sep 27, 2023
You don see where person leave Richie's dey suffer?πŸ˜…πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜†

1 Like

Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by DrAda(f): 7:03pm On Sep 27, 2023
Define foreigners
Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by Kobranet: 7:03pm On Sep 27, 2023
wunmi590:

Have you ever met with an European πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡Ί man doing postgraduate in a Nigerian school?

There is a german guy in my school unilag..he is studying one african course like this

1 Like

Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by VIKTO83(m): 7:03pm On Sep 27, 2023
Yes they do.
So many universities in Nigeria has Ghanaians, toglese, Nigeriens, Cameroonian, Liberians studying in them.
In d post graduates too u have more and non Africans.

2 Likes

Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by UnemployedGradu: 7:03pm On Sep 27, 2023
IconicR:
Who told you that? I have combination of beautiful races and I'm academically intelligent than most of you here

Which school?
Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by Ashawoman82: 7:04pm On Sep 27, 2023
IconicR:

what's the name of the school.
Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by Mypeople2(m): 7:04pm On Sep 27, 2023
wunmi590:
Good day Niralanders,

Yes other African countries .I could remember someone from my unit in ourschool fellowship from a French speaking country

1 Like

Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by seunny4lif(m): 7:05pm On Sep 27, 2023
wunmi590:

Few white people are in UI studying Yoruba or Africa studies.

3 Likes

Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by chiboycue: 7:05pm On Sep 27, 2023
wunmi590:
Good day Niralanders,

During your undergraduate days, did you see any foreigner as an undergraduate student of your institution?

The education system in Nigeria is so bad that I don't think any forigner would want to school in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by SweetDipBenny(m): 7:05pm On Sep 27, 2023
Nigerians r even goin cotonou to study.

1 Like

Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by spiSeyi: 7:06pm On Sep 27, 2023
LikeAking:

They don’t..

They are not as in wise as we are..

Foreign education is one of the reasons the Naira is sliding badly..

We waste our money servicing foreign economies..

Most of the parents training their children abroad end up very broke..

Another reason for our endless poverty..

It’s only in Nigeria, someone that worked with shell becomes a poor man after retirement, cos most of them spent all on fancy education..

It’s also another reason the Nigerian middle class is not growing..

We spend too much on private and foreign education, while other wise nations spend less..

More wisdom

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) / Photo Of Lost And Found NECO Certificate / Meet Mbah Anita,FUTO's 2016 Overall Best Graduating Student With A CGPA Of 4.85

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.