Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,338 members, 7,811,980 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:18 AM

Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? (26402 Views)

2022 Computer Science Students Admitted Into Nigeria Universities By Regions / Nigeria Universities With The Most Employable Graduates- STUTERN 2018 Edition / Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by Ykc2(m): 7:55pm On Sep 27, 2023
Pat081:
Capital YES, go to all our universities you will see them study the Nigeria language which I know
Nigeria languages they are studying is for them to capture our yahoo yahoo guys,what is benefits of nigerian languages when we dont produce anything to export, your from Denmark you came Nigeria to study igala or efik what is the benefits?
Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by whitedove(m): 7:57pm On Sep 27, 2023
Well,I would say yes! Back in the 80's had a classmate who was a Namibian.we studied together.i even wanted to dated her but for the AIDS scare.she was beautiful too.This happened at FUTA .

2 Likes

Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by ABIODUNOLAOPA1(m): 7:58pm On Sep 27, 2023
Go to University of Ibadan, you will see Europeans there studying.
wunmi590:

These people must be from lower African countries...

Have you ever met with an European 🇪🇺 man doing postgraduate in a Nigerian school?

1 Like

Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by wethebest(m): 8:00pm On Sep 27, 2023
LikeAking:

They don’t..

They are not as in wise as we are..

Foreign education is one of the reasons the Naira is sliding badly..

We waste our money servicing foreign economies..

Most of the parents training their children abroad end up very broke..

Another reason for our endless poverty..

It’s only in Nigeria, someone that worked with shell becomes a poor man after retirement, cos most of them spent all on fancy education..

It’s also another reason the Nigerian middle class is not growing..

We spend too much on private and foreign education, while other wise nations spend less..

Them born u with wisdom 👍👍
Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by aklid(m): 8:00pm On Sep 27, 2023
Ive met a few then, in Unijos from South Africa and Ghana
And also a friend once introduced me to his friend From Niger republic who they studied together in AbU zaria

1 Like

Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by skuribeebo: 8:00pm On Sep 27, 2023
They come to University of Ibadan.
About 10% of UI pg are foreign students .

2 Likes

Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by pek(m): 8:04pm On Sep 27, 2023
We had a strong Cameroun students back then. Aslo had an association.
Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by Depressed101: 8:05pm On Sep 27, 2023
There are alot of Chinese students in Unizik and UNN learning one course or the other
Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by tunize(m): 8:08pm On Sep 27, 2023
Maybe ppl from other Africa countries do, not possible to see a German, canadian, Usa i mean core european or Asia flying down here to study say waitn happen?
Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by Menclothing: 8:09pm On Sep 27, 2023
We have them but little number
Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by phemmyfour: 8:09pm On Sep 27, 2023
wunmi590:
Good day Niralanders,

I was just wondering, from the topic above, do foreigners really fancy Nigerian education to enrol in it?

Throughout my almost 14years as a graduate, I always see school fees for indigenes, non indigenes and foreigners, so this came to my mind again, if people travel all the way from abroad to study in Nigeria?

Even if there is no foreign student, that's the custom. Its the standard in every University. Infact some Nigeria universities have indigenes and non indigenes
Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by chloride6: 8:10pm On Sep 27, 2023
Foreigners come from all over west Africa to study in Nigeria especially Federal universities where tuition is cheap.. but they don’t get more than a few slots..

I was in class with a Guinean at University of Ibadan..
Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by id4sho(m): 8:12pm On Sep 27, 2023
paul100:

I have a feeling people took advantage of him maybe for the early years in school before he adapted to the Nigeria lifestyle and became street wise
Normally cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by kabillionaire(m): 8:12pm On Sep 27, 2023
Taylor92:
Imagination wan kill una

Any foreigner wey you see for Nigerian university know say he commit murder for him country
Hahahahaha!
Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by captaininiobong(m): 8:13pm On Sep 27, 2023
Study what? You want then to have PhD in curruption?
Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by Jagabanarmy: 8:14pm On Sep 27, 2023
wunmi590:

Very beautiful write ✍️ up
I concur totally with your write up
Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by yusufmurry: 8:15pm On Sep 27, 2023
One I know, regretted it. He had the option for Italy, South Africa and Nigeria. He chose Nigeria.

As I am talking, he abandoned the programme(MSc) because of the last 9months ASUU strike.
Before this, he complained of mosquitoes, no NPEA , no water etc
Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by Mandesz(m): 8:17pm On Sep 27, 2023
wunmi590:
Good day Niralanders,

I was just wondering, from the topic above, do foreigners really fancy Nigerian education to enrol in it?

Throughout my almost 14years as a graduate, I always see school fees for indigenes, non indigenes and foreigners, so this came to my mind again, if people travel all the way from abroad to study in Nigeria?

op foreign students come to Nigeria university Wella. As a graduate of unilorin, I knew many foreigners from India, Benin, Togo, Cameroon, Bangladesh, Pakistan, ivory coast, Gambia, Liberia, sierra Leone, etc.

2 Likes

Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by seunayantokun(m): 8:19pm On Sep 27, 2023
They used to... but not now again.
Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by Tetraozonaitera: 8:22pm On Sep 27, 2023
In the 70s and 80s lots of them. But now very few. I met a Kenya guy months back in University of Ibadan he came for graduate studies.
Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by Gtuns(m): 8:23pm On Sep 27, 2023
There are foreigners studying in Unilorin
Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by martineverest(m): 8:25pm On Sep 27, 2023
Yes, when I was in uniben,there was one swede that came for one year course

1 Like

Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by middlebelter(m): 8:25pm On Sep 27, 2023
I had a foreigner coursemate in my MBA class in 1997, Koma trained as a medical doctor in Nigeria and she is from Pakistan. Yes, there are foreigners in Nigerian university , only that the are not many.

1 Like

Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by Tetraozonaitera: 8:27pm On Sep 27, 2023
wunmi590:

These people must be from lower African countries...

Have you ever met with an European 🇪🇺 man doing postgraduate in a Nigerian school?

University of Ibadan always have them. Americans and Europeans. Although most for exchange programs.

1 Like

Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by Snakedoctor1: 8:29pm On Sep 27, 2023
IconicR:
Yes
I have other African countries in my class

Guess what? I was still finer and academically more sound than them

I took all the flowers

Which university, what course and which countries' nationals ?
Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by zhike: 8:32pm On Sep 27, 2023
wunmi590:
Good day Niralanders,

It is not realistic for people from developed country such as Botswana, Namibia and South Africa to go and study in Nigeria.
Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 8:32pm On Sep 27, 2023
siofra:
I used to know two foreigners at my former university. They are Lebanese grin

1 Nigerian Naira equals
19.32 Lebanese pound

Hahahaha grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by optimusprime2(m): 8:33pm On Sep 27, 2023
Waaaay back in the day they used to... as a child in Nigeria my school had a lot of Indians, Russians, Lebanese, and other African nationalities. These guys went ahead to attend secondary school and universities in Nigeria (some have even Naturalised) but I barely hear of such these days.
Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by Snakedoctor1: 8:33pm On Sep 27, 2023
IconicR:
Who told you that? I have combination of beautiful races and I'm academically intelligent than most of you here

British are in my school, though their families are resident here sha

What is 'academically intelligent' ?
Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by discusant: 8:33pm On Sep 27, 2023
Taylor92:
Imagination wan kill una

Any foreigner wey you see for Nigerian university know say he commit murder for him country

Be like una no know say Afghanistan better pass Nigeria in all ramifications

Not now that APC has turned Nigeria to an Afghanistan waiting for the appropriate time to start Talibanization of Nigeria as a country to be governed with Islamic sharia criminal laws, like Afghanistan's Taliban did in Afghanistan.
Buhari's major achievement in office is establishing a possible 24 years of Muslim presidency for Nigeria, as well as the Muslim-Muslim presidency of Bola Tinubu - somethings that never happened in Nigeria since 1999 return to democracy.
Foreign student in Nigeria's university must be on a suicide bid.
Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by Ejyksneh(m): 8:34pm On Sep 27, 2023
Who be this one? Hian!!
IconicR:
Yes
I have other African countries in my class

Guess what? I was still finer and academically more sound than them

I took all the flowers
Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by Snakedoctor1: 8:37pm On Sep 27, 2023
IconicR:
Who told you that? I have combination of beautiful races and I'm academically intelligent than most of you here

British are in my school, though their families are resident here sha
'academically intelligent' ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

War In Amassoma, NDU Host Community (Graphic Photos) / Abdulraufu Mustapha Dies After Battling Cancer / Parents Storm Ojodu Grammar school In Search Of Their Children (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.