Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,100 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:47 AM

Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? (26424 Views)

2022 Computer Science Students Admitted Into Nigeria Universities By Regions / Nigeria Universities With The Most Employable Graduates- STUTERN 2018 Edition / Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by orlahtohbadt(m): 7:27pm On Sep 27, 2023
I used to see a lot of Indians and Lebanese in Faculty of Engineering and Physical science, especially Physics in Unilorin during my undergraduate from 2011-2015. We even had a few Indian lecturers teaching physics then.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by drololaaof: 7:28pm On Sep 27, 2023
When naija was good yes foreigners do come to Nigeria to study , the irony of he matter was Nigerian government sponsored South Africans to study from secondary , HSC, technical and university level with tution ,feeding and all sundry expenses FREE.
The same SA are the ones killing ,maiming and arson us now .

1 Like

Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by ibinaboonline: 7:28pm On Sep 27, 2023
So, you're still a student.
IconicR:
Who told you that? I have combination of beautiful races and I'm academically intelligent than most of you here

British are in my school, though their families are resident here sha
Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by RepoMan007: 7:29pm On Sep 27, 2023
yusman14:
I'm a student of OAU. There is a Korean guy in my faculty, he is studying computer science. I do pity the guy anytime he is hustling for sit during 100 level classes in the lecture hall like us, he doesn't have the strength. But he has adapted, we are now going to 500 level.

His father is a Nigerian I think, his mother is a Korean, but he is more of Korean gene.
CS for five years? Never heard that before. Some foreign schools even offer it in 3 years. Nigerian education system is still confusing to me till date.

2 Likes

Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by palsenator(m): 7:29pm On Sep 27, 2023
wunmi590:
Good day Niralanders,

I was just wondering, from the topic above, do foreigners really fancy Nigerian education to enrol in it?

Throughout my almost 14years as a graduate, I always see school fees for indigenes, non indigenes and foreigners, so this came to my mind again, if people travel all the way from abroad to study in Nigeria?

It's obvious you didn't attend the real and best universities in Nigeria.

Go to Bell University, Convenant university, OAU , University of Ibadan and University of Lagos among few others , you will see foreigners in their Numbers.

That should answer your question.

4 Likes

Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by 1MILLIONLiGHTS(m): 7:30pm On Sep 27, 2023
There was one in school of ICT back then. He seemed Arab/semitic. I almost walked up to him to ignite a conversation at the then FUTMINNA bus park. But I just let it go. It was less of my bussiness.
Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by ELITE12(m): 7:30pm On Sep 27, 2023
Yes !! at OAU you'll see some White students

1 Like

Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by omolola12345(m): 7:31pm On Sep 27, 2023
We do have them. But even if they come it's enjoyment for them. The only issue they can have is security issue. Aside that it's enjoyment . 1 naira to 1 dollar is 1020 naira presently. On the other hand if a Nigerian go over there it's suffering.
Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by ponishah: 7:34pm On Sep 27, 2023
IconicR:
Who told you that? I have combination of beautiful races and I'm academically intelligent than most of you here

British are in my school, though their families are resident here sha
which british?
abegi carry your lie go one side.
except say na the one wey come study language
Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by iamtardey: 7:34pm On Sep 27, 2023
Imagine an American boy come and study lab tech in that your rickety school πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

1 Like

Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by RepoMan007: 7:34pm On Sep 27, 2023
drololaaof:
When naija was good yes foreigners do come to Nigeria to study , the irony of he matter was Nigerian government sponsored South Africans to study from secondary , HSC, technical and university level with tution ,feeding and all sundry expenses FREE.
The same SA are the ones killing ,maiming and arson us now .
did they sell our people hard drugs like our people are doing over there?
Our openly despise the local after making questionable money?

Let be balanced when narrating such stories. Reaction is not action of aggression until properly weight against the triggering action.

3 Likes

Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by sukkot: 7:35pm On Sep 27, 2023
ivy league american universities have exchange program with UI and OAU. harvard, yale, cornel etc

1 Like

Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by hosemujica: 7:36pm On Sep 27, 2023
LikeAking:

They don’t..

They are not as in wise as we are..

Foreign education is one of the reasons the Naira is sliding badly..

We waste our money servicing foreign economies..

Most of the parents training their children abroad end up very broke..

Another reason for our endless poverty..

It’s only in Nigeria, someone that worked with shell becomes a poor man after retirement, cos most of them spent all on fancy education..

It’s also another reason the Nigerian middle class is not growing..

We spend too much on private and foreign education, while other wise nations spend less..

Word.
Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by Fizalis(m): 7:38pm On Sep 27, 2023
Blitzking:
Mostly language/ culture related courses both for undergraduate and masters or PhD.. but not for sciences courses.

You are the only one that spoke the truth brov. We ain't got what it takes to make Europeans to forego their schools for ours in areas of science and technology or STEM! One cold red wine for you boss!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by ericmor: 7:40pm On Sep 27, 2023
the only one i know is the one that came for his project in nigeria and i have to take him round unilag to see because i was in the school baxk then and when i called my guy who happened to be his class mate in the uk that i want to show the guy his house where he was leaving before he japa, my guy told me not to try am o cuz na face me and slap u be the house

1 Like

Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by stuffs2002: 7:40pm On Sep 27, 2023
wunmi590:
Good day Niralanders,

I was just wondering, from the topic above, do foreigners really fancy Nigerian education to enrol in it?

Throughout my almost 14years as a graduate, I always see school fees for indigenes, non indigenes and foreigners, so this came to my mind again, if people travel all the way from abroad to study in Nigeria?

Yes... There were so many foreigners in ABU, Zaria during my days as a student in that great university.

In faculty of Engineering where I graduated from, about 30% of the student population were foreign students mostly from African countries like Niger, Ghana, Cameroon, Chad, Mali etc

Other non African nationals are India, Pakistan, Palestine and so many other countries
Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by PrinceOfLagos: 7:40pm On Sep 27, 2023
Ghanaians and Subanesse people maybe
Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by obinna58(m): 7:41pm On Sep 27, 2023
IconicR:
Yes
I have other African countries in my class

Guess what? I was still finer and academically more sound than them

I took all the flowers
Too much explanation, who ask you?
grin
Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by zedegit: 7:41pm On Sep 27, 2023
Taylor92:
Imagination wan kill una

Any foreigner wey you see for Nigerian university know say he commit murder for him country

Not really. You should ask yourself where the children of the foreigners who are in Nigeria school?
Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by stuffs2002: 7:41pm On Sep 27, 2023
wunmi590:

These people must be from lower African countries...

Have you ever met with an European πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡Ί man doing postgraduate in a Nigerian school?

Yes..
Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by alfredilly: 7:42pm On Sep 27, 2023
wunmi590:
Good day Niralanders,

In OAU, Guinean are plenty. There are Liberian as well. I even have a Guinean friend named Umar Toure

2 Likes

Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by casualobserver: 7:43pm On Sep 27, 2023
wunmi590:
Good day Niralanders,

They used to, not anymore. If there are no foreigners in your university and no children of the elite, it’s usually an indication your degree is almost worthless.

But Nigerians should feel free to continue protesting fee hikes. You get what you pay for. Those spending N10-40m a year to send their kids abroad are not money miss roads. They increase fees to N100k and they are protesting and wondering why no foreign students in your uni.

7 Likes

Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by SmartPolician: 7:43pm On Sep 27, 2023
LikeAking:

They don’t..

They are not as in wise as we are..

Foreign education is one of the reasons the Naira is sliding badly..

We waste our money servicing foreign economies..

Most of the parents training their children abroad end up very broke..

Another reason for our endless poverty..

It’s only in Nigeria, someone that worked with shell becomes a poor man after retirement, cos most of them spent all on fancy education..

It’s also another reason the Nigerian middle class is not growing..

We spend too much on private and foreign education, while other wise nations spend less..

I think you should ask yourself why that is.

The problem of Nigeria is that we prefer foreign degrees to our own degrees.

My friend relocated to the UK this September because his workplace refused to promote him. All his colleagues who have foreign degrees have been promoted meanwhile the guy has a master's degree from a Nigerian university.

Let's be clear here: obtaining a foreign degree from UK, US, Australia and Canada is an investment that pays. If not immediately, it will definitely pay in the future. Let's not forget that.

1 Like

Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by VEHINTOLAR: 7:44pm On Sep 27, 2023
[quote author=wunmi590 post=126032542][/quote]

grin grin grin
Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by Donedeal1(m): 7:46pm On Sep 27, 2023
They ate free to come down

But the atmosphere is discouraging
Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by Juanmike(m): 7:46pm On Sep 27, 2023
IconicR:
Yes
I have other African countries in my class

Guess what? I was still finer and academically more sound than them

I took all the flowers
In the land of the blind, one eyed Evening Olosho is a king (LovePeddler)
Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by SmartPolician: 7:48pm On Sep 27, 2023
IconicR:
Typo

You should have simply corrected it and not arrogantly or you simply ignore since I wasn't quoting you

It's not a typo.

Admit it, you don't know the difference.

2 Likes

Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by ultimateprof: 7:48pm On Sep 27, 2023
Even devil will not like to school in Nigeria.
Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by Ykc2(m): 7:50pm On Sep 27, 2023
Foreigners from Chad, niger republic plus mali are coming to northern nigeria Islamic schools
Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by Karleb(m): 7:51pm On Sep 27, 2023
It's depends on what you call foreigner.

Do you expect someone with very good educational system to come study at Nigeria?
Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by OgwuEgo: 7:51pm On Sep 27, 2023
In my secondary School yes but most of them were diplomats children.
Re: Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? by kkins25(m): 7:53pm On Sep 27, 2023
Yep. had folks from PAKISTAN, Mauritania, and other Arab countries during my time..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) / Meet Mbah Anita,FUTO's 2016 Overall Best Graduating Student With A CGPA Of 4.85 / Hisbah Police Break Into BUK Female Students' Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.